Sports Interactive Community
Freddie Sands

[Sweden] (Official) League Specific Issues

Please post any specific issues for Sweden competitions here. This is for any issue which does not relate to data and is for areas such as:

- Competition Rules (Leagues and Cups)
- Disciplinary Rules
- Transfer Rules

We would request you all to adhere to the following three point plan when posting in here:

- State what you think is specifically wrong in your league.
- State how you think it should be working.
- State reasons/proof for your corrections/improvements.

Please note that specific data issues for Sweden should be posted in the Database and Research Issues forum.

Some early observations:

All reserve (u21) division broke after the first 2 seasons, no new fixtures got created for the 2021 season. Prem/Elit and division 1 both affected. Here is AIK Reserves with only a handful of friendlies played for the entire 2021. 

I suspect my save file will be useless for you since I guess you need one before the new season is created which I don't have. 

The regional placement for Division 1 is a bit strange again. For 2020 season, Utsikten (Göteborg) and Oskarshamn got placed in the north division while Frej (Stockholm) got placed in the south.

Div 1 North   Div 1 South

And of course the schedule is still crap in Allsvenskan as it's been for the last 5+ years of FM or so. Unnecessary long international breaks and non optimized playing dates leads to heavy congestion towards the end of the season. (League should start 1 week earlier, summer break seems too long and no midweek games should be scheduled for july-august. Will probably be an even bigger issue this year since I believe more European quali games will be played with the new tourney as Swedish teams should go further. Here's how the schedule looks if a team reaches european group stages through the qualies.

11 hours ago, svettot said:

Some early observations:

All reserve (u21) division broke after the first 2 seasons, no new fixtures got created for the 2021 season. Prem/Elit and division 1 both affected. Here is AIK Reserves with only a handful of friendlies played for the entire 2021. 

I suspect my save file will be useless for you since I guess you need one before the new season is created which I don't have. 

The regional placement for Division 1 is a bit strange again. For 2020 season, Utsikten (Göteborg) and Oskarshamn got placed in the north division while Frej (Stockholm) got placed in the south.

Div 1 North   Div 1 South

And of course the schedule is still crap in Allsvenskan as it's been for the last 5+ years of FM or so. Unnecessary long international breaks and non optimized playing dates leads to heavy congestion towards the end of the season. (League should start 1 week earlier, summer break seems too long and no midweek games should be scheduled for july-august. Will probably be an even bigger issue this year since I believe more European quali games will be played with the new tourney as Swedish teams should go further. Here's how the schedule looks if a team reaches european group stages through the qualies.

We're aware of the U21 issue and we're hoping to have this corrected for release. 

Do you have the save file with the odd regional alignment? A save at any point will do really, just one that has the teams in the wrong league so I can show the coder that it isn't correct. Thanks. 

Pedrosa (BAL) is Brazilian and Brazilian only.

36d1bcbc95ad72938b68a04869f2774e.png

4f132f09b7cdec68b98f9edf79b374b4.png

I signed him during the 1st season of the save after a suggestion from my DoF and though nothing about it. He's been one of our better defenders and I have been quite happy with him. I want to keep him at the club so I offered him a new contract, (as I have done the last 2 seasons), and I was surprised to see that because he is a non-EU resident, I can't sign him. Well how come I was able to sign him in 2019 and then offer him another contract in 2020 then? 

ea78467cea5f6ad0daf7bc26a1532779.png

This sounds like another bug I think. 

I downloaded an update before playing yesterday, so maybe this was a fix that was wrong at the start and is correct now? Anyway, will have a look in the Bugs Forum and report it if I can'see it mentioned. 

[Edit]

This is a bit contradictory. 

Teams are not allowed to sign non-EU players. 

Maximum 1-year contract length for non-EU players. 

Well which one is it? :idiot:

48296eb2ef31f2dbc4b4ba5dbd2746f1.png

On 05/11/2019 at 16:00, Christopher Lewis said:

We're aware of the U21 issue and we're hoping to have this corrected for release. 

Do you have the save file with the odd regional alignment? A save at any point will do really, just one that has the teams in the wrong league so I can show the coder that it isn't correct. Thanks. 

Hi, I have uploaded the save as "swe division 1 alignment issue". Frej in South division in both 2020 and 2021. There's probably 5 or 6 teams in the north division that should have priority over them to be moved to the south div. And there should be zero chance of Lund or a Gothenburg based team to end up in the north div in real life. 

Also another issue. The relegation playoff from division 2 has never existed in the format that's in the game. Think I have reported on this before aswell in previous years. How it works in real life:

"Lag 2 i division 3 spelade under perioden 5-13/10 kvalomgång 1 parvis mot övriga lag 2 i division 3. De sex segrande lagen kommer 19-27/10 att spela kvalomgång 2 parvis mot de på tolfte plats placerade lagen i division 2 om sex platser i division 2."

English: "The second placed team in division 3 played during the period 5-13/10 qualifier 1 in pairs against other second placed teams in division 3. The six winning teams will play qualifier 2 during 19-27/10 in pairs against the twelfth placed teams in division 2 for six places in division 2." (These games should be regionalized double header games)

Source (Swedish): https://www.svenskfotboll.se/serier-cuper/ovriga-serier/kval/ More details with the regionalized fixed draw: https://www.svenskfotboll.se/globalassets/dokument/tavlingsdokument/gruppindelningar-och-spelordningar-for-kvalspelet-2019.pdf

On 06/11/2019 at 19:38, Jimbokav1971 said:

I signed him during the 1st season of the save after a suggestion from my DoF and though nothing about it. He's been one of our better defenders and I have been quite happy with him. I want to keep him at the club so I offered him a new contract, (as I have done the last 2 seasons), and I was surprised to see that because he is a non-EU resident, I can't sign him. Well how come I was able to sign him in 2019 and then offer him another contract in 2020 then? 

I downloaded an update before playing yesterday, so maybe this was a fix that was wrong at the start and is correct now? Anyway, will have a look in the Bugs Forum and report it if I can'see it mentioned. 

[Edit]

I don't think that non-eu signing rule actually exist. I don't have any source of it but by just browsing through all the div 2 sides pretty much half of them have at least one non eu player. Some teams have 5+. If they aren't allow to sign them how would they end up there then? And I know there's a local team where I live that got like half the team full of New Zeelanders. (Torslanda IK) All joined them while playing in division 2. 

Not sure if it goes here or in another bug forum specific to Steam achievements, but I'm playing in Sweden and won the league and Swedish Cup in the first season but did not get the Steam achievements for "Cup Glory!" or "Do the Double"

Edit: Got it in season 2.

Edited by CMU Chips

On 06/11/2019 at 18:38, Jimbokav1971 said:

[Edit]

8 hours ago, svettot said:

I don't think that non-eu signing rule actually exist. I don't have any source of it but by just browsing through all the div 2 sides pretty much half of them have at least one non eu player. Some teams have 5+. If they aren't allow to sign them how would they end up there then? And I know there's a local team where I live that got like half the team full of New Zeelanders. (Torslanda IK) All joined them while playing in division 2. 

I should add that when I tried to offer him a 1 year contract yesterday there was no issue and I was able to sign him on for another year.

It seems to work at some times but not at others. 

14 hours ago, CMU Chips said:

Not sure if it goes here or in another bug forum specific to Steam achievements, but I'm playing in Sweden and won the league and Swedish Cup in the first season but did not get the Steam achievements for "Cup Glory!" or "Do the Double"

Edit: Got it in season 2.

I'd raise this in this forum - they'll be the team best suited to help with the achievement problems.  https://community.sigames.com/forum/721-create-a-club-fantasy-draft-onlinenetwork-games-workshop-dlc-and-social-logins/

6 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

I think the HR has requested that Maximum 1 year contract length rule is being removed. 

On 05/11/2019 at 03:39, svettot said:

Thank you so much for pointing this issue ! I desperately hope it will be fixed some day, it ruins so many seasons and careers when you play in Sweden... 

Another point that I did not mentioned in my previous post: the "early pre-season" date  should be changed to January 20-25th when starting a new save in Allsvenskan. It is currently on February 4th and you cannot play the first friendlies because of that.

20 hours ago, Gdj said:

Another point that I did not mentioned in my previous post: the "early pre-season" date  should be changed to January 20-25th when starting a new save in Allsvenskan. It is currently on February 4th and you cannot play the first friendlies because of that.

I've added this comment to an outstanding Swedish scheduling start date issue. 

On 12/11/2019 at 00:59, pikaciell said:

Hi,

I was taked to Gauthiod and begin with them but after two years I didn't participate to the swedish cup. :///

Not all clubs at that level play in the Cup. You have to finish in the top however many to gain entry. There are only a certain number of places available. 

Swedish Rookie All Star game

There are a few problems with this it seems. 

I was playing in Swedish First Division South, so there was no surprise when I was asked to manage the All Star South team.

The problems started when I noticed that my club players were actually playing for All Star North. 

Then it seems that I was managing both teams. 

Additionally the squad selection for this one-off game seemed very awkward and I don't think it likely that you designed it like that. 

The game took place on 18th Nov 2026. 

bb71fdcad5527689f34e6b3b501b9c9e.png

The last save I have is 4th Nov 2026. I have also saved now, on the day of the game, (after the game). 

I have uploaded the following saves. 

dcdeb6c076740be32d9b5140c456795d.png

ps. I appreciate that this is not as high priority as some of the other stuff you look at

21 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Swedish Rookie All Star game

There are a few problems with this it seems. 

I was playing in Swedish First Division South, so there was no surprise when I was asked to manage the All Star South team.

The problems started when I noticed that my club players were actually playing for All Star North. 

Then it seems that I was managing both teams. 

Additionally the squad selection for this one-off game seemed very awkward and I don't think it likely that you designed it like that. 

The game took place on 18th Nov 2026. 

bb71fdcad5527689f34e6b3b501b9c9e.png

The last save I have is 4th Nov 2026. I have also saved now, on the day of the game, (after the game). 

I have uploaded the following saves. 

dcdeb6c076740be32d9b5140c456795d.png

ps. I appreciate that this is not as high priority as some of the other stuff you look at

Hey @Jimbokav1971 - thanks for raising these points - I've logged them onto our system. The issue with the user managing both teams is definitely something we'll be looking to address as it seems the type of problem that could potentially lead to crashes.

In my FM20 save there is 1400 swedish players. 206 of the players don´t even have "basic knowledge" in english. I´m from Sweden and in Sweden 99 % of the people under 40 have atleast basic knowledge in english and most of us even good. In the forum I have read that this problem applies to all Scandinavian countries.

Skärmavbild 2019-12-05 kl. 21.26.49.png

On 05/12/2019 at 20:34, pontaruff said:

In my FM20 save there is 1400 swedish players. 206 of the players don´t even have "basic knowledge" in english. I´m from Sweden and in Sweden 99 % of the people under 40 have atleast basic knowledge in english and most of us even good. In the forum I have read that this problem applies to all Scandinavian countries.

Skärmavbild 2019-12-05 kl. 21.26.49.png

Hey again @pontaruff - This is under review. 

Can you confirm the loan rules for Sweden Div One (Sodra) the current rules state that  'maximum if 1 player on loan per match from each affiliate where players go on loan and vice versa' - making it sound that you cannot loan any players in unless they are from an affiliate and only 1 of these is allowed in the match day squad.

I have just managed to loan 3 players (One 26 year old Bosnian Goalkeeper, One 25 year old Swedish Goalkeeper and one 35 year old Swedish Striker) non of which where from an affiliate as my club does not have one but from player searching.  I have managed to play all 3 in a Div One League game.  

Can you advise if the rules stated in the screen are incorrect and if this is an error or if there is a bug and these players should not be able to be loaned and played in the team for the matches.

Division 1 Södra_ Rules.png

Tvååkers IF_ Players.png