Sports Interactive Community
Freddie Sands

[U.S.A.] (Official) League Specific Issues

As other users have described, squad building in MLS seems a bit janky as well. Here's two MLS teams who have a bare-bones registered squad and then rely on grayed-out players to fill in for depth:

Screenshot (4).png

Screenshot (5).png

On 23/11/2019 at 03:11, BuckSaddler said:

I just bought the game and did a manager holiday to the summer of 2020.

Atlanta - 16 player squad. $4 million in allocation money is available. $73 of $82k on the cap.

Galaxy - 17 player squad. 

Seattle - 16 player squad.

Toronto - 16 player squad

Every year you release the game where the league gets instantly worse within 6-12 months.

Every year it's the same clubs with high reputations that name small squads and barely field a full match day squad. 

This is ridiculous. You can even name players, who do not even add money to the cap BUT the AI clubs won't and will field greyed out players instead?  Why is this still happening? They have 30+ players in their squads now because of the new B teams feature but the failure to name a squad over 25 actually exposes the issues even more.

I can see this league is broken within 15-20 mins on manager holiday. Why can't you? You guys test it! 

I can fix the squad size issue within 5 minutes by reducing the club reputation at every club. If you take off 1000 at each club the squads increase by 5-10 players.

So I can safely say this league is a complete failure and the best thing to do is delete it and recreate it, without the draft system and MLS rules. 

Either that or get your money back...

Hi, this is primarily due to a known issue with clubs that have B clubs specifically (as is the case with the 4 teams listed above) where they can't seem to prioritise shifting players from the B club to the senior squad when needed. This is something we are investigating and attempting to fix but the first attempts have been unsuccessful as there's no clear cause in the code (so I am told by the coder for MLS) I'm afraid.

47 minutes ago, Freddie Sands said:

Hi, this is primarily due to a known issue with clubs that have B clubs specifically (as is the case with the 4 teams listed above) where they can't seem to prioritise shifting players from the B club to the senior squad when needed. This is something we are investigating and attempting to fix but the first attempts have been unsuccessful as there's no clear cause in the code (so I am told by the coder for MLS) I'm afraid.

Seem like B teams not being filled could be a reason why I would guess. There are no players being signed specifically for the B teams.

i assume if this was to get fix, the problem would still exist except that the B team would be filled with grey players...

58 minutes ago, Freddie Sands said:

Is it also an issue that B-teams have no simulated league games? I thought they would get simulated league matches a la Academy players. My newly created B-team (Chicago Fire) have no scheduled matches, so I have to schedule a weekly friendly match for them just to keep the players from stagnating completely. 

I really loved having the B-team back (gone since around FM2016/FM2017) for youth development purposes (and shuffling some players who have fallen past their prime there for a graceful retirement), but it seems like this is not fully operational at the moment. 

2 hours ago, Freddie Sands said:

I would go out on a limb and say that the AI not shifting players is not really a problem. They are sending the correct players to that level but the MLS clubs are so conservative in the transfer market that they have tiny teams. All teams are struggling with squad building it’s just more noticeable with B teams because they are sharing players.

Teams are so conservative that they are waiving high priced key players despite already being well under the cap. If wages were so alarming why not buy down the contract instead of waiving?

Teams should be signing over the 30 man limit. And loaning out or sending players to B club to reach the registration limit...

it’s not uncommon for a team to sign an academy player and then loan him back to the academy team or sign a player who is older but not yet ready for MLS and gets loaned out or sent to the B team. This doesn’t happen in FM for the MLS. 

3 minutes ago, ChitownCch said:

Is it also an issue that B-teams have no simulated league games? I thought they would get simulated league matches a la Academy players. My newly created B-team (Chicago Fire) have no scheduled matches, so I have to schedule a weekly friendly match for them just to keep the players from stagnating completely. 

I really loved having the B-team back (gone since around FM2016/FM2017) for youth development purposes (and shuffling some players who have fallen past their prime there for a graceful retirement), but it seems like this is not fully operational at the moment. 

Same problems exist even if you active the lower leagues. B teams will just have a full schedule 

Here's a good article speaking about the diversity of the MLS

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2017/09/18/record-73-countries-represented-among-diverse-mls-player-pool

When the dual nations and newgen problem gets fixed, I hope we do not see many players from countries who do not traditionally have players represented in MLS.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_foreign_MLS_players

Note: majority of these players were not signed from other professional leagues, They came over at a young age (Newgens)

Here's a percentage of foreign players in the 2019 MLS season. 

https://www.transfermarkt.com.fj/major-league-soccer/gastarbeiter/wettbewerb/MLS1/saison_id/2018

On 27/11/2019 at 12:32, Freddie Sands said:

Thanks for the reply Freddie.

However, I don't think that is the case as for the past 3 or 4 releases since i've been trying to play the MLS league and it's the teams with the biggest reputations in the league would do this regardless of the B team. On a new manager holiday to test this clubs without B teams have the following amount of players. 

* Chicago 21 Players

* Columbus 20 Players

* DC United 19 Players

* Inter Miami 19 Players (in fact Miami do not even have an Academy affiliated to them, i've added myself as manager and i'm unable to sign any players from the Miami academy club in the game, I have to negotiate a trade with a random MLS club every time?. Bizarrely Miami are sitting on millions of unused Allocation funds and are happy to have a small squad?)

* Minnesota 21 Players

* NYCFC 20 Players

So it's blatantly an existing issue that has always been present in the game. The fact there's now a workable B team option being ignored is just exposing the issue even more. 

On a separate note, in regards to teams not signing players for money. Here are 3 examples of transfers by default. 

Frankowski $1.3m - Salary Impact $10k

Kamara $1.9m - salary $4.7k 

Acosta $1.9m - salary $9.75

However, if you attempt to spend $1m on a player in Football Manager you are hit with a massive cap impact of $1m on-top of the salary agreed. This is why clubs are unable to spend money. Acosta's transfer to Dallas would make him a Designated Player. But the MLS website states differently.

Related Party Transactions

All terms of any arrangements among an MLS Club, a related party club, and a player to be signed to MLS shall be fully and fairly disclosed to the League. The player's Salary Budget Charge will generally be calculated based upon the related party club's contractual terms with the player (including any acquisition costs). The League will make a final determination, in its sole discretion, as to the Salary Budget Charge of such a player.

So without the code making decisions on that Salary Budget Charge bringing the hits down by a lot, it's virtually impossible for any club to grow any stronger from the moment the game starts. 

Obviously that makes it tough for the coders. Unless you default every transfer to a specific % of transfer fee + salary? Or you base it on each players Current Ability/Player Reputation maybe?

Sorry to say this but playing the game in the MLS is a complete waste of time.

As I said in previous posts, the best thing to do is delete the league and remove any MLS code from the game because it's unplayable.

Edited by BuckSaddler

On 27/11/2019 at 12:32, Freddie Sands said:

I would like retract my comment about this specifically not really being a problem. Its a huge problem that is also accompanied by other problems like march waivers issue where teams fail to register important players despite having GAM/TAM and cap room. I've seen the AI Spend 1.2 million on a transfer, only to waived him ahead of the march waiver draft...

I also did edits to the pre game editor that definitely helps the lack of international transfers and YDP's/DP's but even that didn't fill up the roster. Yes, teams spent more money and used the cap more with the edits but there were still a lack of usage of off budget players specifically reserve players...

Other than the players drafted (which sometimes aren't a bunch for a team as they like to either trade away lots of draft picks or stock pile them) or players from academy, there aren't many reserved contracts being given out. The AI will sometimes even unnecessarily waived a recently drafted prospect despite not taking up the last remaining roster spots. There is also a lack of signings of undrafted prospects by MLS teams. I guess the quality is lacking which is somewhat evident by the lack of trials given out to these type of players.

The AI should be actively adding depth by using those free roster spots (especially since it means young players) and bringing the roster size closer to 24-30 for teams that do not have a B team. They currently sit around the 20-24 mark.

Clubs with B teams being able to shift players will help them out tremendously. 

On 29/11/2019 at 12:57, Mars_Blackmon said:

Here's a good article speaking about the diversity of the MLS

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2017/09/18/record-73-countries-represented-among-diverse-mls-player-pool

When the dual nations and newgen problem gets fixed, I hope we do not see many players from countries who do not traditionally have players represented in MLS.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_foreign_MLS_players

Note: majority of these players were not signed from other professional leagues, They came over at a young age (Newgens)

Here's a percentage of foreign players in the 2019 MLS season. 

https://www.transfermarkt.com.fj/major-league-soccer/gastarbeiter/wettbewerb/MLS1/saison_id/2018

This would be more for the Database and Research Issues forum, as nationalities for newgens/nation and region transfer preferences are all set data-side.

On 30/11/2019 at 03:22, BuckSaddler said:

* Inter Miami 19 Players (in fact Miami do not even have an Academy affiliated to them, i've added myself as manager and i'm unable to sign any players from the Miami academy club in the game, I have to negotiate a trade with a random MLS club every time?. Bizarrely Miami are sitting on millions of unused Allocation funds and are happy to have a small squad?)

The Miami Academy not being affiliated (and the subsequent knock on of not being able to sign the Academy players) is a known data issue.

On 30/11/2019 at 03:22, BuckSaddler said:

On a separate note, in regards to teams not signing players for money. Here are 3 examples of transfers by default. 

Frankowski $1.3m - Salary Impact $10k

Kamara $1.9m - salary $4.7k 

Acosta $1.9m - salary $9.75

However, if you attempt to spend $1m on a player in Football Manager you are hit with a massive cap impact of $1m on-top of the salary agreed. This is why clubs are unable to spend money. Acosta's transfer to Dallas would make him a Designated Player. But the MLS website states differently.

Related Party Transactions

All terms of any arrangements among an MLS Club, a related party club, and a player to be signed to MLS shall be fully and fairly disclosed to the League. The player's Salary Budget Charge will generally be calculated based upon the related party club's contractual terms with the player (including any acquisition costs). The League will make a final determination, in its sole discretion, as to the Salary Budget Charge of such a player.

So without the code making decisions on that Salary Budget Charge bringing the hits down by a lot, it's virtually impossible for any club to grow any stronger from the moment the game starts. 

Obviously that makes it tough for the coders. Unless you default every transfer to a specific % of transfer fee + salary? Or you base it on each players Current Ability/Player Reputation maybe?

Sorry to say this but playing the game in the MLS is a complete waste of time.

As I said in previous posts, the best thing to do is delete the league and remove any MLS code from the game because it's unplayable.

The stipulation highlighted above is, as I understand it, to cover any potential exceptions to the rule rather than the rule itself. The rule in real life (to my knowledge based on the MLS roster rules and regulations) is that the transfer fee for non-Designated players counts towards their salary budget charge on top of their contract, though the transfer fee can be amortised over the length of the contract.

So in the case of Acosta his annual salary (approx $507K) could result in a cap hit of about $1.14M with a transfer fee of $1.9M, provided his contract was three years long.

On 01/12/2019 at 13:41, Mars_Blackmon said:

I would like retract my comment about this specifically not really being a problem. Its a huge problem that is also accompanied by other problems like march waivers issue where teams fail to register important players despite having GAM/TAM and cap room. I've seen the AI Spend 1.2 million on a transfer, only to waived him ahead of the march waiver draft...

I should say that this is also something that is logged internally and being investigated (as well as players being let go too easily via contract expiry too). The main priority is to have fully non-grey players in the matchday squads, but beyond that issue of generally not optimised squads is also being looked at.

21 hours ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

AI is having trouble removing players from the DL6 list.

Should I upload a save for this ?

Yes please, am happy to look into this.

2 hours ago, Freddie Sands said:

I should say that this is also something that is logged internally and being investigated (as well as players being let go too easily via contract expiry too). The main priority is to have fully non-grey players in the matchday squads, but beyond that issue of generally not optimised squads is also being looked at.

Hi Freddie, 

The issue I noticed is not so much being able to remove players from the DL6, but why they are automatically added to begin with. For example, player gets hurt during game and sidelined for 5 weeks, I purposely DO NOT put him on the list given the match fixtures, and yet when I advanced the calendar day, he's on the DL6 anyways. Near season's end, players also get automatically placed on the SE list. Unless this is a requirement a la league rules, this feels like a bug. Based on my management style, I never place a player on the DL6. Thus, players being automatically placed on there really irks me, especially later into the season. 

I don't have an exact save to upload for this issue, but this has been a part of MLS for at least a couple FM versions now. Will be happy to save and upload one later if you need an exact save at the injury point. 

On 02/12/2019 at 09:58, Freddie Sands said:

The Miami Academy not being affiliated (and the subsequent knock on of not being able to sign the Academy players) is a known data issue.

The stipulation highlighted above is, as I understand it, to cover any potential exceptions to the rule rather than the rule itself. The rule in real life (to my knowledge based on the MLS roster rules and regulations) is that the transfer fee for non-Designated players counts towards their salary budget charge on top of their contract, though the transfer fee can be amortised over the length of the contract.

So in the case of Acosta his annual salary (approx $507K) could result in a cap hit of about $1.14M with a transfer fee of $1.9M, provided his contract was three years long.

Allow me to try again (I had messed with the currency settings and confused myself)

In the case of Frankowski his salary is $12.75k in game (the players union states his base salary is $450k with a guarantee of $661k a year)

The cap impact is showing as $3.4k a week. (There isn't any indication of his transfer fee that has been amortised reflecting on his cap impact that I can see, so I can assume a majority of that has been bought down with TAM money?)

This cap impact would amount to around 21k a week over his 3 year contract.

Going off on course here, Chicago remarkably loan Frankowski who is one of their better players, having invested fairly heavily on his transfer fee + salary......to Austin, outside of the MLS...for the entire season!

Chicago then only name 22 players for the season, leaving $10k free on the salary cap too?

What is that about? That's ridiculous. 

Back to Frankowski's cap impact... in the 2nd season at Chicago on a full $12.75k base salary... with an impact of $10.25k a week.

So has his deal been paid off in the first season rather than all 3 years of his deal? I cannot tell? If I offer him a new contract after the first season there's no additional cap impact on the negotiations of his transfer fee neither. So something does not seem right here.

As I stated previously this type of transfer does not happen in the game. If I try to do the same fee & salary when bid for a player, I cannot do this on a 3 year contract without it saying it is a designated transfer? 

So I do not understand how this transfer happened?

I believe this whole example shows exactly what is wrong with almost every aspect of the MLS....

The cap impact doesn't seem correct at the beginning of the game, the AI is spewing out random transfers across the league for good players, the AI is rife with poor registrations decisions & heavily reduced squads.... and it shows how it's virtually impossible it is to make a signing like that even as a human player?

I appreciate the MLS rules is mayhem in real life, I really do, but this is a total mess on release and I really don't see how you can recover with any patches without deleting that code in the advanced rules that's making it unplayable.

I'm doing my own updates and I'm just going to delete it. There's really no other option you're giving people. 

Started playing a new game this morning.  I've had two players pick up "slight injuries" during preseason training (each treated for 3 days by the physio) and are fully healthy now--but they've both somehow ended up in the disabled list?!  Both injuries were picked up in January (19th and 24th) while my team was in a training camp.  I've had other players sustain injuries since that time--including a player out for three months--and nothing unusual has happened (I was given the choice to put said player on the disabled list, while all other minor injuries have been treated normally.)  I'm guessing the issue lies with the registration for the training camp or participation in it?

Edit: The bug seems to happen when a player is injured prior to/during training camp.  Started another game and the same thing happened.

Edited by looknohands

On 02/12/2019 at 10:12, Freddie Sands said:

Save name is Gill Montes DL6.fm

The save is from June 15th and as you can see in the screen shots, it is now august 15th and he is still listed as DL6 for the AI.

1266636809_ScreenShot2019-12-07at4_43_08PM.thumb.png.3db8b59e6c5cfdb8102110c09cdf7238.png507921313_ScreenShot2019-12-07at4_43_39PM.png.9a9599e0db0ebe83fac31dbadd76339c.png685652327_ScreenShot2019-12-07at4_42_59PM.thumb.png.a1f5b6318b6e8405a5bb28169c566ac1.png635137606_ScreenShot2019-12-07at4_42_51PM.thumb.png.26c7f6cef7f8956e05bc14d3aac44aef.png

There appears to be an issue with trades between MLS teams, where the trades appear as active/pending for days/weeks after I rejected the deal (see images below). Pressing "reject" in the transfer activity tab will not clear it. If you open the trade, you'll see that the players being asked for are now blanked out. The workaround is to remove the blanks, then offer the AI an obviously bad deal so that they'll say no. Once that occurs, you can then hit reject offer to actually remove the pending trade offer from active to rejected.

Screenshot (9).png

Screenshot (10).png

Major Bug:

I'm playing as Vancouver and have just finished my first season.  I'm being asked to register players for the expansion draft, with the following restrictions: a maximum of 11 players selected and a minimum of 6 internationals.  Homegrown players and Generation Adidas players don't need to be registered...but the game is automatically protecting them.  I now have 9 players automatically protected but only 3 internationals, meaning I need to add  2 more players but also 3 internationals!  I can't advance the game as a result, so it looks as though I'll have to vacation past the day and hope that the AI doesn't ruin my team.

I've uploaded a file as looknohandsVancouverexpansiondraft

1 hour ago, looknohands said:

Major Bug:

I'm playing as Vancouver and have just finished my first season.  I'm being asked to register players for the expansion draft, with the following restrictions: a maximum of 11 players selected and a minimum of 6 internationals.  Homegrown players and Generation Adidas players don't need to be registered...but the game is automatically protecting them.  I now have 9 players automatically protected but only 3 internationals, meaning I need to add  2 more players but also 3 internationals!  I can't advance the game as a result, so it looks as though I'll have to vacation past the day and hope that the AI doesn't ruin my team.

I've logged this for the coder to look at. Thanks for the save. 

On 12/12/2019 at 08:58, looknohands said:

Major Bug:

I'm having the exact same issue.  I can't advance my save because of all my homegrown players who should not count towards the 11 players.

Potential Allocation Funding Bug When New Stadium Is Being Built

Impact: High, Workarounds: Limited

4th season in, Chicago Fire board decided to splurged and bought a new stadium. This plunged our club balance from around +$15m  to -$4m. Which is fine...except it seems to negatively affect allocation funding on the back end, and thus makes trading players with other clubs impossible. I cannot make any trades since the game claims I don't have any remaining allocation funding. Yet, if we go into the contracts screen, it will say that I have $9.5m in allocation funding available (I've been stockpiling). My previous transfer funding has also been impacted, now reduced to around $200k. Attempting to resolve the issue with the in-game editor doesn't work, as allocation funding is not visible among the options of things you can edit. Editing club balance and club transfer fee alone will not resolve the issue.

Furthermore, it also seems to have impacted my ability to buy down salary cap impact with allocation money as well, though this may be because we're in between seasons (January 2022), but after the game's automatic buying down of cap impact.

This bug is rather impactful, as transfers via trade is impossible at the moment, and I suspect may severely hamper squad registration as well if the buying down cap impact remains locked during the season. My only recourse right now is to use the in-game editor, but that will probably destroy the save's realism going forward.

League specific?

Playing in my second season and the Vancouver board has created a B team that's supposed to play in the PDL (no games ever take place, which has already been mentioned.)  The issue is that the board always refuses any suggestions for the B team coaches to study for a license, stating that "we currently have enough physiotherapists to do a sufficient job..."

I've received the same message 2 times- once for a coach and once for the assistant coach.

Issues w/ MLS:

1. Trophies for CONCACAF Champions League, Campeones Cup and Leagues Cup do not show up in the trophy cabinet in the History Overview nor under the Competition Honors  under History. Such a shame. Ghost trophies.
  2. Difficult to locate Generation Adidas Players and Draft Results

Hopefully nobody's asked this question already (I just skimmed throught the previous posts...)

So I'm not sure if this is an actual consequence of MLS's convoluted rules or if it's just the game, but I'm not able to register a homegrown player as an "on-budget" player. So because I may only register 10 off-budget players, I can only register a max of 10 homegrowns...

This seems ridiculous but I'm not sure if this is how it works in real life? Is there anyway around this that I'm just overlooking?

Edited by NotEritrea

13 hours ago, NotEritrea said:

Hopefully nobody's asked this question already (I just skimmed throught the previous posts...)

So I'm not sure if this is an actual consequence of MLS's convoluted rules or if it's just the game, but I'm not able to register a homegrown player as an "on-budget" player. So because I may only register 10 off-budget players, I can only register a max of 10 homegrowns...

This seems ridiculous but I'm not sure if this is how it works in real life? Is there anyway around this that I'm just overlooking?

I run into this from time to time because of how many reserves/senior minimum salary players I have on the B-team. You have to offer them a Senior contract just above the senior minimum salary so they become cap-eligible (this does of course mean they count against your salary cap now, but at the barest minimum ($1.5k/week), it won't affect you too much hopefully if you have some allocation money sitting around). Until their contract status is updated, you have to sit them in the B-team so they don't get waived from your squad for being unregistered.

1 hour ago, ChitownCch said:

I run into this from time to time because of how many reserves/senior minimum salary players I have on the B-team. You have to offer them a Senior contract just above the senior minimum salary so they become cap-eligible (this does of course mean they count against your salary cap now, but at the barest minimum ($1.5k/week), it won't affect you too much hopefully if you have some allocation money sitting around). Until their contract status is updated, you have to sit them in the B-team so they don't get waived from your squad for being unregistered.

I have several homegrowns on Senior contracts that are comfortably above the senior minimum salary in my first team that I can only seem to register as Off-budget. I also have B-team homegrowns on Senior contracts that are above the senior minimum salary, but when I try to move them to the first team the game tells me "... are restricted to 10 Off-Budget player in their squad."

I've also increased the contracts for some of my homegrowns in the first team from senior minimum to above senior minimum and they're still registered as Off-budget.

Is it possible that, because my homegrowns currently registered in the first team were registered as Off-budget at the start of the season, I'll have to wait till next season to register them as "On-budget"?

2 hours ago, NotEritrea said:

I have several homegrowns on Senior contracts that are comfortably above the senior minimum salary in my first team that I can only seem to register as Off-budget. I also have B-team homegrowns on Senior contracts that are above the senior minimum salary, but when I try to move them to the first team the game tells me "... are restricted to 10 Off-Budget player in their squad."

I've also increased the contracts for some of my homegrowns in the first team from senior minimum to above senior minimum and they're still registered as Off-budget.

Is it possible that, because my homegrowns currently registered in the first team were registered as Off-budget at the start of the season, I'll have to wait till next season to register them as "On-budget"?

Hmmm. First, make a save in case anything goes awry. Then go to Registration, select 'Clear,' and try to resubmit your roster and see if that does the trick? This might just be one of those things where you 'turn off and on' your registration list to make it recognize your newfound reality.

I've noticed three issues:

(1) In the preseason, player are automatically placed on the disabled list if they suffer any injury (even being sent home with a cold for 2 day three weeks before the season starts). In my current save, I will have 6 players completely healthy missing the first six games of the season. I should be given the option of placing players on the disabled list similar to what occurs once the season starts.

(2) In early January, I get an email offering me the ability to buy another DP slot. I cannot figure out how to make that work. I click on the button and it appears to register, but the DP slot never materializes.

(3) The screen that asked me if I want to make players eligible for my B team (DC United/Loudoun United) does not work. I need to manually make players available before I get the screen asking who should play.

On 14/12/2019 at 03:29, drhockey14 said:

I'm having the exact same issue.  I can't advance my save because of all my homegrown players who should not count towards the 11 players.

We've made a whole bunch of changes to the expansion draft protection which I'm going to test in the couple of days after Christmas. The above is one of the things we have changed. 

On 15/12/2019 at 02:29, looknohands said:

League specific?

Playing in my second season and the Vancouver board has created a B team that's supposed to play in the PDL (no games ever take place, which has already been mentioned.)  The issue is that the board always refuses any suggestions for the B team coaches to study for a license, stating that "we currently have enough physiotherapists to do a sufficient job..."

I've received the same message 2 times- once for a coach and once for the assistant coach.

Probably not league specific but I can take a look. Do you have a save game from just before you ask for the coaches to study for the license? Thanks. 

On 14/12/2019 at 18:29, ChitownCch said:

Potential Allocation Funding Bug When New Stadium Is Being Built

Impact: High, Workarounds: Limited

4th season in, Chicago Fire board decided to splurged and bought a new stadium. This plunged our club balance from around +$15m  to -$4m. Which is fine...except it seems to negatively affect allocation funding on the back end, and thus makes trading players with other clubs impossible. I cannot make any trades since the game claims I don't have any remaining allocation funding. Yet, if we go into the contracts screen, it will say that I have $9.5m in allocation funding available (I've been stockpiling). My previous transfer funding has also been impacted, now reduced to around $200k. Attempting to resolve the issue with the in-game editor doesn't work, as allocation funding is not visible among the options of things you can edit. Editing club balance and club transfer fee alone will not resolve the issue.

Furthermore, it also seems to have impacted my ability to buy down salary cap impact with allocation money as well, though this may be because we're in between seasons (January 2022), but after the game's automatic buying down of cap impact.

This bug is rather impactful, as transfers via trade is impossible at the moment, and I suspect may severely hamper squad registration as well if the buying down cap impact remains locked during the season. My only recourse right now is to use the in-game editor, but that will probably destroy the save's realism going forward.

Hey - Do you have the same game where this has happened? Seems to be an unintended knock on from the stadium building as I'm sure it wouldn't affect allocation funding. I'll try to find some examples of stadium moves in a long term save but do you happen to have a save from before the finances get impacted? Thanks. 

On 22/12/2019 at 08:12, BGN said:

(2) In early January, I get an email offering me the ability to buy another DP slot. I cannot figure out how to make that work. I click on the button and it appears to register, but the DP slot never materializes.

Weirdly this just worked for me. Do you have the save game from say December where this doesn't work? Thanks. 

On 16/12/2019 at 10:28, RegenHairColour said:

Trophies for CONCACAF Champions League, Campeones Cup and Leagues Cup do not show up in the trophy cabinet in the History Overview nor under the Competition Honors  under History. Such a shame. Ghost trophies.

Hey - For the Champions League and Leagues Cup I can see the trophy appearing. 

Campeones Cup not appearing is repeating for me. Do you have the save game with the CONCAF Champions League and the Leagues Cup not appearing? Thanks. 

On 23/12/2019 at 04:48, Christopher Lewis said:

Probably not league specific but I can take a look. Do you have a save game from just before you ask for the coaches to study for the license? Thanks. 

Uploading a file as looknohandsVancouverBteamcoaching
My assistant coach is recommending a B team staff member gain the next level of license.
Odd...it actually worked this time.  I chose the second of the two options when asking and it worked.  I reloaded and chose the first option, and it resulted in the physiotherapist message.  

MLS and NACL Scheduling:

Summary: When I play in the MLS Match Scheduling is incredibly bad. I end up playing FOUR matches in a week and as many as EIGHT in Two weeks in the early season. (March-April) and in the later season July-November my MLS team often has 2-3 week breaks and no more than 1 match/week.

I think the rescheduling AI is only looking for the nearest open date for both teams without realizing multiple matches are already scheduled often for both teams. This leads to MLS Teams especially being hindered in competing for NACL title and also kills any ability to defend title because injuries are horrible even with rotating the squad heavily.

Suggestion: Try to get Rescheduling AI to look towards the end of the schedule to reschedule MLS matches.

Uploaded File: Eceel Wehttam unemployed -a FM20 save 218mb  

21 hours ago, Hootieleece said:

MLS and NACL Scheduling:

Summary: When I play in the MLS Match Scheduling is incredibly bad. I end up playing FOUR matches in a week and as many as EIGHT in Two weeks in the early season. (March-April) and in the later season July-November my MLS team often has 2-3 week breaks and no more than 1 match/week.

I think the rescheduling AI is only looking for the nearest open date for both teams without realizing multiple matches are already scheduled often for both teams. This leads to MLS Teams especially being hindered in competing for NACL title and also kills any ability to defend title because injuries are horrible even with rotating the squad heavily.

Suggestion: Try to get Rescheduling AI to look towards the end of the schedule to reschedule MLS matches.

Uploaded File: Eceel Wehttam unemployed -a FM20 save 218mb  

We've got some changes to the MLS scheduling being tested at the moment. We're putting more games in the middle of the season and trying to move some of the early midweek rounds. 

On 23/12/2019 at 03:54, Christopher Lewis said:

Hey - Do you have the same game where this has happened? Seems to be an unintended knock on from the stadium building as I'm sure it wouldn't affect allocation funding. I'll try to find some examples of stadium moves in a long term save but do you happen to have a save from before the finances get impacted? Thanks. 

The problem seem to have subsided after I edited myself back into the positive with overall club funds once the regular season started. Still happy to provide a save if needed. The closest I can get to is a save ~two weeks after the stadium plans are put in place. Would that work? 

Any word on the fact that players being injured before the season starting are automatically being placed on the disabled list?  I had a player come down with food poisoning (1-4 days) in January and he's unable to play in the first 6 MLS games as a result!!!

On 23/12/2019 at 11:37, Christopher Lewis said:

Hey - For the Champions League and Leagues Cup I can see the trophy appearing. 

Campeones Cup not appearing is repeating for me. Do you have the save game with the CONCAF Champions League and the Leagues Cup not appearing? Thanks. 

Lucky you man! The CONCAF CL trophy def doesn't show in my save which is very MLS heavy so it's a bummer. Leagues Cup nor Campeones either. No turning back now though!

On 04/11/2019 at 22:03, kandersson said:

Toronto FC don't seem to have an Academy team. No TFC Academy is listed as affiliated team, or even exists in the game. Is this supposed to happen?

Hey, quick question if this was ever resolved.  Toronto FC has a Toronto FC II (B team), but no academy side.  As a supporter of this team, I know we actually have a very productive youth system.  Wondering if this is a bug in my save, or an issue with the game as a whole.   

As a result of this bug, the dev centre is relatively useless, and the team gets no youth intake.  Wondering if there are any plans to fix this before i dive too deeply into a save.

15 hours ago, tfcsupporter said:

Hey, quick question if this was ever resolved.  Toronto FC has a Toronto FC II (B team), but no academy side.  As a supporter of this team, I know we actually have a very productive youth system.  Wondering if this is a bug in my save, or an issue with the game as a whole.   

As a result of this bug, the dev centre is relatively useless, and the team gets no youth intake.  Wondering if there are any plans to fix this before i dive too deeply into a save.

It appears to be fixed now, with TFC having both the B team and the academy as affiliated (you'll have to start a new save though). Seems that Inter Miami still has that issue though (no academy).

Expansion draft protected player list I cant move forward. The auto selected players account for 9 slots and 2 internationals so I cant make up the specified 5 internationals in the list and it wint allow me to move forward with less than the full selection

43 minutes ago, ubeep said:

Expansion draft protected player list I cant move forward. The auto selected players account for 9 slots and 2 internationals so I cant make up the specified 5 internationals in the list and it wint allow me to move forward with less than the full selection

So here's the screen. This is with the selection "cleared". All the protected players here are homegrown so shouldn't count but seemingly do as I can only select 2 more players and whatever I do it tells me I need a minimum of 5 international players. There is the note on screen that if you cannot meet the minimum criteria you need to leave spaces but if I try and just continue with the empty slots that is also rejected basically I am stuck here with no way to progress the game!!

Football Manager 2020 31_12_2019 15_08_40.png

1 hour ago, ubeep said:

You'll have to holiday the day of the draft.  I did, and fortunately none of my players were selected.

2 hours ago, kandersson said:

It appears to be fixed now, with TFC having both the B team and the academy as affiliated (you'll have to start a new save though). Seems that Inter Miami still has that issue though (no academy).

Thanks for letting me know.   Starting a new save now to incorporate this and the new Canadian Premier League.

53 minutes ago, looknohands said:

You'll have to holiday the day of the draft.  I did, and fortunately none of my players were selected.

Will give it a whirl. Thanks

Posted (edited)

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pnSpkigLQbDLOVyVlnaiwCLa_j0CdoYOrvD-op57hoo/edit?usp=drivesdkHello, 

I am running a save for San Jose in the MLS, season is about to begin and when attempting to register players I cannot use any of the $27m in allocation money I have to buy down contracts for any of my players. the sliders stay shifted all the way to the left. Please advise, thanks. 

Edited by mindlessmatter
adding picture