Sports Interactive Community
Freddie Sands

[U.S.A.] (Official) League Specific Issues

Started playing in MLS Chicago Fire.

Trying to register a player, but my salary cap is over the limit. Trying to buy down player salaries - nothing changes in the numbers, but my GAM money goes down.

Releasing players just for the hell of it - nothing changed.

Trying to do automatic selection but still being told that my salary cap is 4.2, and I have 4.8, and get a message that I can buy down my salary with General Allocation Money.

Can't register Katai.

Brandt Bronico came off the injured list - can't register him because of the salary cap.

Either it is a bug or I don't know what I am doing.

Thx. 

14 hours ago, treyb770 said:

huh ok my mistake. I could've swore I've seen MLS clubs making larger non-DP signings recently just doesn't make sense that I can't get a $1 million talent because its more than my GAM/salary budget. But maybe thats just MLS craziness

Most of those (in real life) are TAM purchases. 

I'm not sure if this belongs in league specific or in the database thread, but after the 2020 season the board for Chicago Fire decided to build a stadium in Bridgeview IL, when they had just relocated back to Chicago the previous year. In real life, the club is likely to stay at Soldier Field for 5-10 years and then build a new stadium in Chicago. There's no way they would move back to Bridgeview. 

Relatively minor, but the board expectation for competition performance mentions relegation, which is a bit immersion breaking.

Screenshot (2).png

I tried a Nashville save. (starts in 2020)

Noticed the following:

1.  I can't sign staff till Jan 2020. I make offers but no one joins. 

2. I got an option to create a B team. On selecting yes the Nashville II appears  on menu below dev centre. It then disappears, and doesn't come back.

3. I am unable to sign a Head Coach for Nashville II. I have a job center ad, and tried the staff search. The issue is the applicants for Head Coach of Nashville II expect to sign as Assistant Coach of the main team. They refuse the B team Head coach job despite applying.

4. B team doesn't have any games.

Edited by fmnatic

20 minutes ago, fmnatic said:

Noticed the following:

2. I got an option to create a B team. On selecting yes the Nashville II appears  on menu below dev centre. It then disappears, and doesn't come back.

3. I am unable to sign a Head Coach for Nashville II. I have a job center ad, and tried the staff search. The issue is the applicants for Head Coach of Nashville II expect to sign as Assistant Coach of the main team. They refuse the B team Head coach job despite applying.

Yeah all of these issues seem to be bugs. Some of the B-team stuff like doesn't have games, might just be a feature because they're not part of an actual active league, usually in USSL division one from what I gathered.

Tried two years with the Rapids and because of the huge disconnect from the academy and b-team + bugs make it hard to want to invest in an MLS save atm. Decided to **** off to England now, seems like everything over there is working fine.

On 05/11/2019 at 00:53, crowntownguy said:

BUG: Can't Accept Trade Offer, Stuck in Negotiation 

Attempting to trade for a player in a MLS using General Allocation and/or Targeted Allocation. When in the trade window, when I hit "Suggest Offer", the offer in the window doesn't change, but the window says the other team has "negotiated" the offer. Nothing has changed in the trade though. I have no opportunity to Accept the other, only Suggest or Submit. When I submit, I get a news alert in a few days that the team has negotiated the offer, but the offer is the exact same as it was before. I can not sign the player at all. 

Hi there, this is an issue we are ware of that is currently under review. Thanks for raising this.

On 08/11/2019 at 07:41, СинеБелойГолубой said:

Alright another issues possibly. I ended up convincing the board to give me a B-team. After getting my B team, I put out adverts for the various positions for the B team. Every time though I get a response for the advert it's all coaches who actually want to me one of the main coaches/physios/scouts, etc. 

Hi there, do you have a save game still of this? If so could you upload it to our cloud service please. Thanks

On 08/11/2019 at 14:12, AlexTheTall said:

On this date 4 april 2020 : My board says I have a club vision object failed : Qualify for the MLS CUP... We're in the beginning of the season...

Well in 2019 I have won the MLS cup, and I am 1st on this date in the ranking... I am getting sacked without any reasons.

Hi there, have you got a save game from before you got sacked? If so could you upload it to our cloud service please.

On 09/11/2019 at 06:46, holtb80 said:

But if a player is making 550k/yr.... 200k is less than half.... thus the system is broken. I stopped the FCD save I had (apparently the file is too large even zipped to be uploaded?) because I had 6 players on 500k salaries but only being able to knock off 200k each, I couldn't get under the cap buy 200k... IF it's meant to be half the salary... I should have been able to continue with this team. 

As it sits right now, mls is completely screwed up and unplayable past a single season or 2. FM18 it was crap and 19 things worked great. 

Do you have the save game to hand with this? If so could you upload it to our cloud service please.

https://community.sigames.com/topic/495118-how-to-upload-files-to-us/

18 hours ago, wooderson17 said:

I'm not sure if this belongs in league specific or in the database thread, but after the 2020 season the board for Chicago Fire decided to build a stadium in Bridgeview IL, when they had just relocated back to Chicago the previous year. In real life, the club is likely to stay at Soldier Field for 5-10 years and then build a new stadium in Chicago. There's no way they would move back to Bridgeview. 

I think this is more likely a database issue than gameplay.

On 10/11/2019 at 06:25, Basten4 said:

Started playing in MLS Chicago Fire.

Trying to register a player, but my salary cap is over the limit. Trying to buy down player salaries - nothing changes in the numbers, but my GAM money goes down.

Releasing players just for the hell of it - nothing changed.

Trying to do automatic selection but still being told that my salary cap is 4.2, and I have 4.8, and get a message that I can buy down my salary with General Allocation Money.

Can't register Katai.

Brandt Bronico came off the injured list - can't register him because of the salary cap.

Either it is a bug or I don't know what I am doing.

Thx. 

So the buying down of player salaries with nothing happening (apart from the GAM changing) is an issue we are aware of and investigating currently. What should be happening is that only players who can be bought down (to half of their salary) should have the GAM slider on their contract screen moveable.

To clarify on the Katai point, is he not registerable at all regardless of the rest of the squad selected on your save?

10 hours ago, fmnatic said:

Noticed the following:

1. This is a known issue we are currently investigating.

2. Do you have the option to set the Training responsibilities for Nashville II on the Staff Responsibilities screen? Setting them to yourself should make them appear below instead of on the dev centre.

3. Could you upload your save game if possible please to our cloud service? Thanks

4. This is because they are in an inactive division below the playable leagues and so should instead have non-specific fixtures appear generated in the player histories of the Nashville II players.

I've also gotten sacked in April for failed Club vision qualify for the MLS Cup end of season 2022, while being in 1st position in both league and conference.

also have the B team bug  where  I put out adverts for the various positions for the B team. Every time though I get a response for the advert it's all coaches who actually want to me one of the main coaches/physios/scouts, etc.  save file is about 4-5 days before i get sacked

Save file uploaded under Failed Vision- Cincinnati.fm

34 minutes ago, Freddie Sands said:

3. Could you upload your save game if possible please to our cloud service? Thanks

Robert Levin - Nashville.fm

Robert Levin - Nashville EOS.fm

Uploaded to SI cloud. The first is my current save, with the Nashville II issue.

The EOS file is in Dec 2019 before the expansion draft, i think the staff signing issue should be present.

currently doing a Toronto fc save and there is a bug regarding squad registration for the mls

it says that my salary is over the cap of 82,000 usd per week 

but I have completely done the math multiple times and it still says im over the cap 

even when I completely unregister everyone it won't let me register 

so im completely stuck because I can't advance since it still says "must respond' in the advance button

Please fix this bug by full release or as soon as you can because I literally can't do anything in my save unless this is fixed

Thanks 

22 hours ago, Mehh264 said:

I've also gotten sacked in April for failed Club vision qualify for the MLS Cup end of season 2022, while being in 1st position in both league and conference.

also have the B team bug  where  I put out adverts for the various positions for the B team. Every time though I get a response for the advert it's all coaches who actually want to me one of the main coaches/physios/scouts, etc.  save file is about 4-5 days before i get sacked

Save file uploaded under Failed Vision- Cincinnati.fm

Thanks for the save game, the club vision issue is under review internally and seems to be a general problem with objectives failing too early.

I've logged the B team job advert bug internally, thanks again.

I holidayed a year ahead with MLS running and AI Atlanta had a grey GK and a grey RB playing matches, a bunch of greys on the bench. Not sure if this is a problem managing the B-teams or a problem managing the cap. NYRB are in bad shape too, everyone else is okay. 

But carrying over from last year I definitely wish MLS AI bought bigger DPs, and cycled them out more. How does the AI evaluate the DP slot? Does it ever think, "my DP isn't doing enough, the DP slot is my opportunity to bring in a star player, I need to sell my DP so I can bring in a better one?" 

18 minutes ago, Ruh Roh said:

I holidayed a year ahead with MLS running and AI Atlanta had a grey GK and a grey RB playing matches, a bunch of greys on the bench. Not sure if this is a problem managing the B-teams or a problem managing the cap. NYRB are in bad shape too, everyone else is okay. 

But carrying over from last year I definitely wish MLS AI bought bigger DPs, and cycled them out more. How does the AI evaluate the DP slot? Does it ever think, "my DP isn't doing enough, the DP slot is my opportunity to bring in a star player, I need to sell my DP so I can bring in a better one?" 

Clubs with B teams aren’t buying enough players

On 11/11/2019 at 11:06, Freddie Sands said:

So the buying down of player salaries with nothing happening (apart from the GAM changing) is an issue we are aware of and investigating currently. What should be happening is that only players who can be bought down (to half of their salary) should have the GAM slider on their contract screen moveable.

To clarify on the Katai point, is he not registerable at all regardless of the rest of the squad selected on your save?

I think what happens, if I register Katai, it puts the team over Salary Cap, and if I buy down salaries with GAM money or even release players, I don't think total for current salary changes. As you can imagine, I didn't go too far with this save, so can't really tell you more.

On 12/11/2019 at 02:36, maxwellmjones said:

currently doing a Toronto fc save and there is a bug regarding squad registration for the mls

it says that my salary is over the cap of 82,000 usd per week 

but I have completely done the math multiple times and it still says im over the cap 

even when I completely unregister everyone it won't let me register 

so im completely stuck because I can't advance since it still says "must respond' in the advance button

Please fix this bug by full release or as soon as you can because I literally can't do anything in my save unless this is fixed

Thanks 

Have moved this into the USA league thread - could you upload your save game to our cloud service please and we'll take a look. Thanks

On 12/11/2019 at 11:55, Mars_Blackmon said:

Clubs with B teams aren’t buying enough players

Actually teams in the MLS aren’t buying enough players but it’s noticeable on B teams because it shares players with the main club.

years later, B teams are filled with academy players and superdraft players. There aren’t any signings from undrafted free agents or International prospects who aren’t ready for the main club yet.

I hope SI finds a way to fix this while also balancing teams to work within the cap room so they are not waiving key players every March & December.

I would like to see all teams fill up their 30 man roster to a minimum of 30 players and loan out or send down players to reach the 30 man limit.

About 75% of the time I negotiate a trade with another team the transfer stays in limbo with negotiations until the other team scraps the transfer all together. I never had this issue in FM19 but maybe it's a rule change that I'm not understanding? Seems like a bug so I thought I'd report it. Anyone else having this issue?

12 hours ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

Actually teams in the MLS aren’t buying enough players but it’s noticeable on B teams because it shares players with the main club.

years later, B teams are filled with academy players and superdraft players. There aren’t any signings from undrafted free agents or International prospects who aren’t ready for the main club yet.

I hope SI finds a way to fix this while also balancing teams to work within the cap room so they are not waiving key players every March & December.

I would like to see all teams fill up their 30 man roster to a minimum of 30 players and loan out or send down players to reach the 30 man limit.

Others are noticing this problem as well.

18 hours ago, Thiscat said:

MLS is STILL bugged on release? When is this getting fixed? Atlanta breaking the minimum player rule.

Hi, to clarify which rule are you referring? There is no minimum player rule here.

17 hours ago, Dodis said:

Can we still not buy down salary impact?

This can be done via the player > contract > contract info screen, provided that a player can't be bought down below half of their base salary.

1 minute ago, Freddie Sands said:

This can be done via the player > contract > contract info screen, provided that a player can't be bought down below half of their base salary.

Do we need a new save? My previous save I was unable to buy down any new signings in the offseason. The slider for buying down cap impact was just stuck. 

3 minutes ago, Dodis said:

Do we need a new save? My previous save I was unable to buy down any new signings in the offseason. The slider for buying down cap impact was just stuck. 

Existing saves should be fine, if you want you can upload a save per the instructions below and I check the specific players in question here to see if there's any other reason why this is happening.

14 minutes ago, Freddie Sands said:

Hi, to clarify which rule are you referring? There is no minimum player rule here.

Pretty sure minimum 18 players registered. Correct me if I'm wrong here.

22 minutes ago, Thiscat said:

Pretty sure minimum 18 players registered. Correct me if I'm wrong here.

Ah I see what you mean, yes I think this is the case with MLS (and many other leagues with squad registration limits technically) in real life - these aren't implemented generally in FM because it's usually not specified what precisely the consequences of failing this minimum limit would be, but also because in FM terms the squad registration code is often based on the assumption that only players at the club can be registered and so players away at B teams (though the AI should be aware of them for the purpose of having a deeper squad for injury cover) don't count towards the limit whilst at said B teams.

1 hour ago, Freddie Sands said:

Ah I see what you mean, yes I think this is the case with MLS (and many other leagues with squad registration limits technically) in real life - these aren't implemented generally in FM because it's usually not specified what precisely the consequences of failing this minimum limit would be, but also because in FM terms the squad registration code is often based on the assumption that only players at the club can be registered and so players away at B teams (though the AI should be aware of them for the purpose of having a deeper squad for injury cover) don't count towards the limit whilst at said B teams.

Teams with B-Teams will still end up releasing 10 or more players by the end of March. Not just leaving them in the B-Team but throwing them in the March draft or waiving them after.

Doing a save to make a team super OP by exploting these bugs and I've picked up Brek Shea, Juninho, Justen Glad, and Kekuta Manneh all on waivers within the first month. Glad is especially crazy. 22yo CB already on a first team level waived for no reason, despite RSL coming way under the wage cap.

Edited by Thiscat

Is anyone else seeing a very front loaded schedule? I'm in 2023 and every single season I've averaging about 13 league games by the end of April. I'm managing Chicago, and in real life they only played 8 games by the end of April 2019. During the beta, my 2019 season had 12 games by the end of April, and 8 of those were in March. I'm not getting any midweek games during July, August, or September.

On 20/11/2019 at 03:01, wooderson17 said:

Is anyone else seeing a very front loaded schedule? I'm in 2023 and every single season I've averaging about 13 league games by the end of April. I'm managing Chicago, and in real life they only played 8 games by the end of April 2019. During the beta, my 2019 season had 12 games by the end of April, and 8 of those were in March. I'm not getting any midweek games during July, August, or September.

I've noticed this during my testing. I've logged a bug asking for the schedule to have more midweek games later in the season to avoid the really spectacularly busy start. 

I started a new Nashville SC save and set the start date as November 25, 2019 (using one of Brazil's start dates), and I can't seem to do the first Waiver Draft before the Expansion Draft. It's listed in the calendar, but the game skips over it and gives me no opportunity to do so. Ironically, I didn't have this problem in the beta. I wonder if the start date could be an issue, since I started the beta save in September 2019.

It lets me do the Expansion Draft the next day, but forces me to skip the Waiver Draft the day before.

Edited by shylax

56 minutes ago, shylax said:

I started a new Nashville SC save and set the start date as November 25, 2019 (using one of Brazil's start dates), and I can't seem to do the first Waiver Draft before the Expansion Draft. It's listed in the calendar, but the game skips over it and gives me no opportunity to do so. Ironically, I didn't have this problem in the beta. I wonder if the start date could be an issue, since I started the beta save in September 2019.

It lets me do the Expansion Draft the next day, but forces me to skip the Waiver Draft the day before.

Thanks for this - we're investigating. 

I just bought the game and did a manager holiday to the summer of 2020.

Atlanta - 16 player squad. $4 million in allocation money is available. $73 of $82k on the cap.

Galaxy - 17 player squad. 

Seattle - 16 player squad.

Toronto - 16 player squad

Every year you release the game where the league gets instantly worse within 6-12 months.

Every year it's the same clubs with high reputations that name small squads and barely field a full match day squad. 

This is ridiculous. You can even name players, who do not even add money to the cap BUT the AI clubs won't and will field greyed out players instead?  Why is this still happening? They have 30+ players in their squads now because of the new B teams feature but the failure to name a squad over 25 actually exposes the issues even more.

I can see this league is broken within 15-20 mins on manager holiday. Why can't you? You guys test it! 

I can fix the squad size issue within 5 minutes by reducing the club reputation at every club. If you take off 1000 at each club the squads increase by 5-10 players.

So I can safely say this league is a complete failure and the best thing to do is delete it and recreate it, without the draft system and MLS rules. 

Either that or get your money back...

55 minutes ago, BuckSaddler said:

I just bought the game and did a manager holiday to the summer of 2020.

Atlanta - 16 player squad. $4 million in allocation money is available. $73 of $82k on the cap.

Galaxy - 17 player squad. 

Seattle - 16 player squad.

Toronto - 16 player squad

Every year you release the game where the league gets instantly worse within 6-12 months.

Every year it's the same clubs with high reputations that name small squads and barely field a full match day squad. 

This is ridiculous. You can even name players, who do not even add money to the cap BUT the AI clubs won't and will field greyed out players instead?  Why is this still happening? They have 30+ players in their squads now because of the new B teams feature but the failure to name a squad over 25 actually exposes the issues even more.

I can see this league is broken within 15-20 mins on manager holiday. Why can't you? You guys test it! 

I can fix the squad size issue within 5 minutes by reducing the club reputation at every club. If you take off 1000 at each club the squads increase by 5-10 players.

So I can safely say this league is a complete failure and the best thing to do is delete it and recreate it, without the draft system and MLS rules. 

Either that or get your money back...

Sad to agree. This league is currently unplayable after season 1.

Test 2

May 2020.

I've reduced the club reputations and I have skimmed the wage value for the nation, as a result clubs with high reputations are now naming squads 20+. I've also reduced the value of players hoping the AI can transfers players within the league which has worked too.

Despite this, the AI bugs are still blatant.

Teams are not using their full salary caps (12 clubs are spending less than $75k of the salary cap). Hardly any club has been made foreign signings with actual cash unless it's DP level. At the start of the game Minnesota have spent $7,000,000 in transfers by default. By season two Minnesota have spent $8,500.  $7m has not been spent in transfers combined in the league?

Minnesota's biggest deal was 500k GAM +  1st round super draft pick + 1st round super draft pick + 2 years international spot.

2 months later they traded him for 350k GAM + 1st round super draft pick. So they lost 150k, 1st round superdraft pick, and an international spot on their biggest transfer.... in 2 months? 

There's players who've been traded up to 4 times within 18 months. Any player on the fringe of the first teams just bounces around the league with superdraft picks as the choice of currency.

The AI does not work. It's worse than previous additions too.

Edited by BuckSaddler

1 hour ago, BuckSaddler said:

Test 2

May 2020.

I've reduced the club reputations and I have skimmed the wage value for the nation, as a result clubs with high reputations are now naming squads 20+. I've also reduced the value of players hoping the AI can transfers players within the league which has worked too.

Teams are not using their full salary caps (12 clubs are spending less than $75k of the salary cap). Hardly any club has been made foreign signings with actual cash unless it's DP level. At the start of the game Minnesota have spent $7,000,000 in transfers by default. By season two Minnesota have spent $8,500.  $7m has not been spent in transfers combined in the league?

Minnesota's biggest deal was 500k GAM +  1st round super draft pick + 1st round super draft pick + 2 years international spot.

2 months later they traded him for 350k GAM + 1st round super draft pick. So they lost 150k, 1st round superdraft pick, and an international spot on their biggest transfer.... in 2 months? 

There's players who've been traded up to 4 times within 18 months. Any player on the fringe of the first teams just bounces around the league with superdraft picks as the choice of currency.

Yes some of these are the same problems from years ago.

I also noticed and mentioned the amount of unnecessary trades being performed by the AI but it may be the result of them being coded to use up GAM...Seem like they should be using that for cap and players.

Some edits to transfer preferences in the pre game editor could help in theory. The default values aren’t very optimal from looking at them.

3 hours ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

Yes some of these are the same problems from years ago.

I also noticed and mentioned the amount of unnecessary trades being performed by the AI but it may be the result of them being coded to use up GAM...Seem like they should be using that for cap and players.

Some edits to transfer preferences in the pre game editor could help in theory. The default values aren’t very optimal from looking at them.

The problem lies solely under advanced rules > USA > ADDITIONAL HELPERS'...right there in the drop down listing is the MLS code.

Everything to do with this influences the AI and all the settings.

You can go into the league's squad registration and increase the cap manually or even add a min player registration to 25....but the game will be over written by this code right here.

This is the reason why players are waived, why squads are depleted so quickly resulting in chaos and the league spiralling backwards instead of growing, why fringe players are traded around too frequently.... and the exact reason why we are seeing greyed out players being used ahead of real life players to fill in the blanks.

Delete that code. Start again. 

Or better yet, allow people to edit it themselves and help them out.

It's just infuriating that it doesn't take more than 20-30 minutes of manager holiday to see all of the problems immediately after purchasing the game. 

Edited by BuckSaddler

7 hours ago, BuckSaddler said:

Test 2

May 2020.

One off the licensed leagues since like 2005 or something. Still not working att all in 2019 :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Martin93 said:

One off the licensed leagues since like 2005 or something. Still not working att all in 2019 :rolleyes:

Super frustrating considering that some of the problems have been reported for years.

This appears to be have been an issue in FM 2019 as well - is placement on the Injury List mandatory if a player is out for at least X number of weeks? It seems like anytime I have an injured player for 5 weeks - 2 months they are automatically placed on the Injury List, despite me never selecting that option or the Season-Ending List (simply advancing via space bar). I have almost never wanted a player on either list, and it's especially frustrating in the latter half of the season's when there are only a handful of games left and you want to make sure they hit the 6-game rule before playoffs. 

The schedule builder appears to be functioning incorrectly for MLS: in addition to having so many games front-loaded, it appears that the home/away games scheduled are also...quite odd. For example, there is a stretch where I am playing 7 away games in a row early in the season, and then further down the season a stretch where I play 10 home games in a row! I don't think this is correct...

Screenshot (6).png