Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
Freddie Sands

[U.S.A.] (Official) League Specific Issues

Recommended Posts

Please post any specific issues for U.S.A. competitions here. This is for any issue which does not relate to data and is for areas such as:

- Competition Rules (Leagues and Cups)
- Disciplinary Rules
- Transfer Rules

We would request you all to adhere to the following three point plan when posting in here:

- State what you think is specifically wrong in your league.
- State how you think it should be working.
- State reasons/proof for your corrections/improvements.

Please note that specific data issues for U.S.A. should be posted in the Database and Research Issues forum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Possible issatwue with the AI? Rooney never got registered and even with a future transfer he never got registered? 

196b37a3f37d2c752f54dac51190635a.png

84012c16d76429d06dd26ed429fbcbe7.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't say these are bugs per se, but

*) it is awkward to access the "B" team.  The only way I see that allows full access is to go through the route of accessing the parent club's affiliates.  In real life at least some teams frequently shuttle players between squads and so better visibility would be very helpful in this game.  Why not include a link to the B team just like there is a link to the academy team from the parent club's home page?

*) I did not see any schedule, simulated or otherwise, for the B team, other than a couple of exhibitions.  This would seem to greatly detract from the developmental nature of the B teams.  I ran the game for about half of the season and then checked the B team players and it was not obvious that they were developing much, if at all.  In real life the MLS B teams often include teenagers that are too good to stay in the academy but not ready for full time first team rosters, as well as some kids drafted from college teams that need professional experience.  In FM 2019 I notice that leaving a kid in the academy until he reaches age 18 can be expected to yield a fairly predictable improvement in his CA.  Surely a kid of similar age to academy kids but playing in a professional league on the B team should get at least as much growth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

dont think its a bug but you cant buy down designated players i believe with tam (would just like to see this implemented) as well as Canadians not costing an international spot 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, jagfan98 said:

dont think its a bug but you cant buy down designated players i believe with tam (would just like to see this implemented) as well as Canadians not costing an international spot 

Depending on who it is, I'm not sure the Canadian player thing is a bug as they did adjust that rule last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Longhorn said:

I can't say these are bugs per se, but

*) it is awkward to access the "B" team.  The only way I see that allows full access is to go through the route of accessing the parent club's affiliates.  In real life at least some teams frequently shuttle players between squads and so better visibility would be very helpful in this game.  Why not include a link to the B team just like there is a link to the academy team from the parent club's home page?

*) I did not see any schedule, simulated or otherwise, for the B team, other than a couple of exhibitions.  This would seem to greatly detract from the developmental nature of the B teams.  I ran the game for about half of the season and then checked the B team players and it was not obvious that they were developing much, if at all.  In real life the MLS B teams often include teenagers that are too good to stay in the academy but not ready for full time first team rosters, as well as some kids drafted from college teams that need professional experience.  In FM 2019 I notice that leaving a kid in the academy until he reaches age 18 can be expected to yield a fairly predictable improvement in his CA.  Surely a kid of similar age to academy kids but playing in a professional league on the B team should get at least as much growth.

This is exactly what I was coming to post and can confirm what is being said in quoted text. I'd add that the coaching knowledge on these players should never be unknown as they actually practice together more often than not. I think these issues are more related to the fact that FM does not appear to have any or little knowledge on the American USL leagues, which is extremely disappointing as the lower leagues will be absolutely needed in future growth, in game and in real life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Something seems off with the academies. I can't see potential/ability, can't even get a scouting report of them. Don't see a schedule of any sort, maybe I haven't gotten far enough into the season yet. Dev Centre, doesn't show anything about the academy players.

Obviously with the superdraft talent being subpar and unavailable the first season, a lack of academy info/schedule makes it disappointing to invest into the MLS saves. I know they're technically treated as AMA status as players, but if you can't see anything and don't have a B team, then what's the point of playing MLS.

 

RapidsAcademy1.png

RapidsAcademy2.png

RapidsAcademy3.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In first preseason I had registered all my players to a total of 62,000/63,000 max. I then signed a player at SMI so 1,000 per week and went to register him only to find that I have now got a salary cap of 66,000.It looks like the salary buydown expired but I got no notification or anything. Also on some players the salary buy down status would not apply

Sergiño Dest also is not declared for the US in game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, СинеБелойГолубой said:

Something seems off with the academies. I can't see potential/ability, can't even get a scouting report of them. Don't see a schedule of any sort, maybe I haven't gotten far enough into the season yet. Dev Centre, doesn't show anything about the academy players.

Obviously with the superdraft talent being subpar and unavailable the first season, a lack of academy info/schedule makes it disappointing to invest into the MLS saves. I know they're technically treated as AMA status as players, but if you can't see anything and don't have a B team, then what's the point of playing MLS.

 

RapidsAcademy1.png

RapidsAcademy2.png

RapidsAcademy3.png

Yea it seems as the Dev Centre is useless for MLS which is unfortunate. I question why is the MLS setup like this. It causes more problems than realism...Why can't academy teams just be setup like every other academy team in the game? Couldn't the players just be on a youth contract?

 

Also after the first season, I am already running into the grey player problem with academy teams. Teams releases 10 players on free transfer but only have an intake of 3 players? That seems very unbalanced.

Intake players also seem a bit old considering that they are supposed to come from u15's. I am getting 16-17 year olds which means that they are only going to be around in my academy for 1-2 years which I assume is a part of the problem with struggling to have a youth team of 18 non virtual players.

 

I've also noticed that players from academies when released on a free transfer aren't staying local. I assume that this feature might only apply to professional teams but it would be cool to see for example a former Timbers Academy player move on to Timbers U23 team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There have been some significant changes for MLS, and it was stated that the AI was improved.  I decided to test this a bit.  I chose FC Dallas for my test as I am very familiar with that club IRL.  The game correctly states the club's current vision as developing young players and selling them for a profit.  A secondary part of the vision was to "maintain the best" youth academy in MLS.  Also notice that IRL North Texas Soccer Club won the USL 1 championship this year.  However... I started up the game and went on vacation (holiday) for the season.  The game's AI started players that IRL didn't even make the gameday roster and gave the young players little or no first team minutes.  IRL FC Dallas normally started five academy grads, sometimes four, and sometimes played six, made the playoffs and very nearly knocked off Seattle.  Yet the game's AI waived or released on free transfers all of the promising young talent!

 

So, my conclusion is that the AI flunked its IQ test.  I think there are also continuing problems on how US players are rated.  I may not start a full MLS save when FM 20 is formally released until Uncle Sam's pyramid is ready, but if I do I will probably make liberal use of the ingame editor.  I also won't trust the AI to be intelligent!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When attempting to sign staff members to Inter Miami it says they have signed a contract with my team however they are then never attached to the staff list or able to assign to training. It just says they have renewed their contract rather than being able to confirm the deal on the home screen. I have noticed similar issues with signing players as the game thinks we are renewing contracts rather than signing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Longhorn said:

There have been some significant changes for MLS, and it was stated that the AI was improved.  I decided to test this a bit.  I chose FC Dallas for my test as I am very familiar with that club IRL.  The game correctly states the club's current vision as developing young players and selling them for a profit.  A secondary part of the vision was to "maintain the best" youth academy in MLS.  Also notice that IRL North Texas Soccer Club won the USL 1 championship this year.  However... I started up the game and went on vacation (holiday) for the season.  The game's AI started players that IRL didn't even make the gameday roster and gave the young players little or no first team minutes.  IRL FC Dallas normally started five academy grads, sometimes four, and sometimes played six, made the playoffs and very nearly knocked off Seattle.  Yet the game's AI waived or released on free transfers all of the promising young talent!

 

So, my conclusion is that the AI flunked its IQ test.  I think there are also continuing problems on how US players are rated.  I may not start a full MLS save when FM 20 is formally released until Uncle Sam's pyramid is ready, but if I do I will probably make liberal use of the ingame editor.  I also won't trust the AI to be intelligent!

Key players like Paxton are severely underrated, 1.5* for a player breaking into the USMNT as a 19-20 year old... no way.

I sacked peter lucin as his actual coaching stats were ****. He was on like 234k/yr, yet when I went to replace him as assman, I could only offer 168k. Then the board wouldn't raise the funds. This is pretty unreal as well, as fcd have a damn good staff who are good at getting the most out of youth players and developing them. I think a lot of this lies beyond code and starts with the scouting done for MLS/USL players by SI. 

 

Where is freddy sands? He ran this forum in years past, is he still our MLS guru?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Longhorn said:

 

So why does North Texas have no staff and we are unable to hire staff? The same can be said for the FC Dallas Jrs team. I just had to manually schedule friendlies for NTSC, nearly all of them are away and I only had 3 team to choose from. The FCD Jrs I can only propose friendlies with my first team??? How are the youth attached to these clubs supposed to actually do anything? FCD jrs has no competitions they are even available to play in as well.

 

For a club designed in game and real life that wants to build from youth, the game has certainly put massive restraints on them being able to.

 

And the board refuses to allow a loan manager as well. I've got at least a dozen players listed for loan and have been offering them out. No one in MLS wants them and I am not getting offers from outside USA to help either. I hope there's some background work to correct these issues. As is, MLS developing youth I would consider broken and unplayable right now. 

Edited by holtb80

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you have first window transfers locked, you cannot sign free players? Is this intended? Atlanata released Florentine Pogba, I was able to grab another player that was on waivers, but ATL held the rights on Pogba, so I traded for them (50k GAM and a 4th round draft pick) I still can add him as, instead of looking like acquiring after waivers, hes seen as a transfer in. Intended? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MLS teams still can't function under a cap. good players being waived in the March draft...Teams have grey virtual players. It's frustrating to see the same problems from 8 years ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

MLS teams still can't function under a cap. good players being waived in the March draft...Teams have grey virtual players. It's frustrating to see the same problems from 8 years ago.

Hence the F. Pogba availability. Atl released Pogba, Guzan, Robinson and Remedi. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, AI is waiving a huge amount of players in my save. If only I knew so I could pick up a bunch of good American players on the cheap. XD

 

Look at this AI Orlando. They really going into the first season with 13 players registered? Isn't that against league rules?

 

20191102133108_1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Outside of AI waiving good players (Cap Issues?) a big part of the grey player and lack of registered player issue is that the AI is not doing a good job of shuttling players back from its B team. Lots of players who are available but can't be selected because they are ineligible because they are still listed on B teams.

 

I hope this gets fix...Toronto FC used 2 virtual players as a sub when they could have easily moved a player back to the first team to reach the 18 player minimum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Thiscat said:

Yep, AI is waiving a huge amount of players in my save. If only I knew so I could pick up a bunch of good American players on the cheap. XD

 

Look at this AI Orlando. They really going into the first season with 13 players registered? Isn't that against league rules?

 

20191102133108_1.jpg

yep I am convinced that this is a problem with teams with B teams. They are leaving players over there instead of moving guys back over to meet the roster requirements.

 

Looking at teams without B teams and they all have over 18 players

 

The flip side that is teams without a B team rarely loan out any players that is not needed. Could be related to MLS only being active...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

The flip side that is teams without a B team rarely loan out any players that is not needed. Could be related to MLS only being active...

No lower leagues are active and no one outside of USA seem to want to take American players =(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

yep I am convinced that this is a problem with teams with B teams. They are leaving players over there instead of moving guys back over to meet the roster requirements.

 

Looking at teams without B teams and they all have over 18 players

 

The flip side that is teams without a B team rarely loan out any players that is not needed. Could be related to MLS only being active...

Even with b-teams checked I only counted 16. Maybe I got it wrong who knows.

(And sorry Orlando fans Will Johnson is still playing for FC Dallas.)

20191102144746_1.jpg

20191102144726_1.jpg

20191102144733_1.jpg

20191102144742_1.jpg

Edit: Showing up as 13 players registered on the registration screen.

20191102145323_1.thumb.jpg.da2ddbdc571c13ffc57d69b08fc8b721.jpg

Edited by Thiscat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Thiscat said:

Even with b-teams checked I only counted 16. Maybe I got it wrong who knows.

(And sorry Orlando fans Will Johnson is still playing for FC Dallas.)

20191102144746_1.jpg

20191102144726_1.jpg

20191102144733_1.jpg

20191102144742_1.jpg

Check under registration. you should see a bunch of players listed INE who does not show up on the player screen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

Check under registration. you should see a bunch of players listed INE who does not show up on the player screen.

Yeah look at my edit.

20191102145323_1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JWARBURTON said:

When attempting to sign staff members to Inter Miami it says they have signed a contract with my team however they are then never attached to the staff list or able to assign to training. It just says they have renewed their contract rather than being able to confirm the deal on the home screen. I have noticed similar issues with signing players as the game thinks we are renewing contracts rather than signing.

Yup same here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

December waiver draft - Scouting option given the same day the draft occurs instead of a few days before to allow for scouts to properly scout players

 

1111.png

1212.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, BFCookie said:

December waiver draft - Scouting option given the same day the draft occurs instead of a few days before to allow for scouts to properly scout players

 

1111.png

1212.png

I noticed this as well for March waiver, where you had like a day to scout. This was a problem in FM19 as well + only giving under a week to scout the MLS superdraft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, RegenHairColour said:

HUGE ISSUE: No awards in MLS. What happened to the MVP , Best Defender, Dream team etc. Please bring it back!!!

They are there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad you are seeing them @Mars_Blackmon , they are no where to be seen in my save. 

 

Missing:

 

Major League Soccer Awards

 

Landon Donovan MLS Most Valuable Player 

Defender of the Year 

Allstate Goalkeeper of the Year

Newcomer of the Year

AT&T Rookie of the Year

Sigi Schmid Coach of the Year

Comeback Player of the Year

MLS WORKS Humanitarian of the Year - 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With all of the things people have noted so far in this thread it begins to look like MLS as a league is unplayable at the moment although once the in-game editor is available it might be ok for a single team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What makes you say that @Longhorn ? I had a lot of fun , just finished a full season as Inter Miami. My loanee from the Man-U U23 side scored 25 goals, the most in the league. He should have been MVP but there were no awards awarded.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RegenHairColour said:

What makes you say that @Longhorn ? I had a lot of fun , just finished a full season as Inter Miami. My loanee from the Man-U U23 side scored 25 goals, the most in the league. He should have been MVP but there were no awards awarded.

People have noted a lot of problems with rosters, teams jettisoning talented youth, etc.  The competition will degrade, especially if you play for a couple of seasons.  In one of my experiments FC Dallas went to the conference finals even though they didn't play their talented youth and their key players were all injured.  Shouldn't happen.  IF I were to actively manage the team then it won't be long before the other teams are liable to become doormats because of the problems people have noted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got a crash bug with Inter Miami. 

Feb 6 2019 I am trying to loan out my players when I get a private offer for a transfer from Houston. If I reject the transfer an application error pops up crashing you out of the game. Happens every time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trying to hire staff for youth teams. As FC Dallas, the North Texas assman salary is max, 34k (no one will take the job), I found someone at another club making only 24k, when I approach to sign him I can no only offer 19.5k lol. Who the hell in the US works for such low wages? I tried offering a dozen or so coaches the NTSC assman position as a secondary job, all declined. I placed an advert specifically for the NTSC assman job, when approaching, they all thought I would offer them the first team assman job, which was clearly not what they were applying for.

 

Also, it wasn't until the season started for the NTSC team that could even see the staff or fill empty positions. You should be able to fill the jobs whether they are in season or not. I understand NTSC is a new team, are other B teams having same issues as I am?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Longhorn said:

People have noted a lot of problems with rosters, teams jettisoning talented youth, etc.  The competition will degrade, especially if you play for a couple of seasons.  In one of my experiments FC Dallas went to the conference finals even though they didn't play their talented youth and their key players were all injured.  Shouldn't happen.  IF I were to actively manage the team then it won't be long before the other teams are liable to become doormats because of the problems people have noted.

Yea, this waiver problem is very annoying. The AI even let good players leave during the December waiver draft. The MLS could be really good if some of these problems were fixed. The squad building and youth development are lacking making MLS a 1 season league unfortunately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like trading should be tone down. For the most part they look good on paper but when you look into the trades, the AI are making trades without any logic and most of them are just stock piling draft picks trading away key players while making a run towards the playoffs.

 

I recently witness the best team in the league trade their GK away for 3 draft picks in September...

 

The same team traded away draft picks for a gk a few weeks later lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Teams waiving youth players still seems to be a trend, for example I just saw Toronto and NYRB waive Julian Dunn and Ben Mines respectively in the March Waiver Draft even though those two players are some of the league's top prospects.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Gum said:

Teams waiving youth players still seems to be a trend, for example I just saw Toronto and NYRB waive Julian Dunn and Ben Mines respectively in the March Waiver Draft even though those two players are some of the league's top prospects.

I scooped up Ben Mines since Im running FC Dallas and youth is our big thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Longhorn said:

There have been some significant changes for MLS, and it was stated that the AI was improved.  I decided to test this a bit.  I chose FC Dallas for my test as I am very familiar with that club IRL.  The game correctly states the club's current vision as developing young players and selling them for a profit.  A secondary part of the vision was to "maintain the best" youth academy in MLS.  Also notice that IRL North Texas Soccer Club won the USL 1 championship this year.  However... I started up the game and went on vacation (holiday) for the season.  The game's AI started players that IRL didn't even make the gameday roster and gave the young players little or no first team minutes.  IRL FC Dallas normally started five academy grads, sometimes four, and sometimes played six, made the playoffs and very nearly knocked off Seattle.  Yet the game's AI waived or released on free transfers all of the promising young talent!

 

So, my conclusion is that the AI flunked its IQ test.  I think there are also continuing problems on how US players are rated.  I may not start a full MLS save when FM 20 is formally released until Uncle Sam's pyramid is ready, but if I do I will probably make liberal use of the ingame editor.  I also won't trust the AI to be intelligent!

Yep, I started with Arsenal but decided to just check how MLS is going..... Seattle had let Torres, Meredith, Frei, Jones, Dhillon, Silva and Delem go on free transfer after waiver draft

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So we are able to receive news items about Youth Intake from our Academy but the Dev Centre is filled with ZERO information outside of how many loans we have out. 

I think the problem here is that non of the lower leagues are active to collect any information from. Even when you have a B team, it just goes to the teams roster when you select on the menu unlike any other team in the game with B teams with an active league or teams with actual reserve teams like EPL.

Is it a licensing issue to not include USA Lower leagues in the game? It can't be a database issue when we have guys like Uncle Sam doing research every year.

 

Outside of the AI roster issues and management, it will be interesting to see how playable the MLS becomes when the editor is released.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There should be some variety with nationalities for youth intake players. Everyone is American. There should be a mix of dual citizenship Mexicans and some foreign players from the Caribbean and some African countries.

 

As of now, it's just 99% Americans with a random guy from a foreign country that really do not have a history of having youth players in America.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

There should be some variety with nationalities for youth intake players. Everyone is American. There should be a mix of dual citizenship Mexicans and some foreign players from the Caribbean and some African countries.

 

As of now, it's just 99% Americans with a random guy from a foreign country that really do not have a history of having youth players in America.

I completely agree. Seems like American dual-nationals have completely disappeared from the youth intakes and I'm hoping thats a bug rather than intentional. It would be way more realistic if half/a third/a quarter of every youth intake has dual-nationals. There are also still some American players with Hispanic names who do not have second nationalities from Spanish speaking countries, which was also an issue in previous FMs. Hopefully this can be fixed before release as this has a significant impact on the realism of long-term saves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, 

Do you know how it works for Inter Miami transfer ?

In this french section thread this guy said he can't do transfer. He made an offer, he continue his game, and then his offer is cancelled automatically.

 

Thanks for your answer. ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haven't had this problem with Inter Miami @Akasha . It seems the beta is a bit of a mess as I have played 4 full seasons in MLS and still haven't seen a single award...so it's working differently for different folks. Can't wait for the final product in 2 weeks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Intended or not? If you start with first window transfers locked, you get 0 as a budget??? You should still get funds I believe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...