Sports Interactive Community
Freddie Sands

[Other] (Official) League Specific Issues

Please post any specific issues for any competitions not covered by another thread here. This is for any issue which does not relate to data and is for areas such as:

- Competition Rules (Leagues and Cups)
- Disciplinary Rules
- Transfer Rules

We would request you all to adhere to the following three point plan when posting in here:

- State what you think is specifically wrong in your league.
- State how you think it should be working.
- State reasons/proof for your corrections/improvements.

Please note that specific data issues should be posted in the Database and Research Issues forum.

EURO CUP II league registration problem.

In the qualifying round, there was no inbox message to register the players at all. Now all my players are unregistered and it is match day.

I am playing Blackburn Rovers in EPL and finished 7th in the year before so qualified for the Euro Cup II. Match date was 18th August 2021.

Save game is uploaded. " David Fellowstone - Blackburn 1.fm "

Edited by rovers1993

2 hours ago, rovers1993 said:

EURO CUP II league registration problem.

In the qualifying round, there was no inbox message to register the players at all. Now all my players are unregistered and it is match day.

I am playing Blackburn Rovers in EPL and finished 7th in the year before so qualified for the Euro Cup II. Match date was 18th August 2021.

Save game is uploaded. " David Fellowstone - Blackburn 1.fm "

Thanks for this and the save game attached - it's under review. 

I'm not entirely sure if this should be in the 'League Specific Issues' or 'User Interface', but thought I'd share it here first:

I have this issue in my Bayern save that the German Cup appears in the 'Milestones' tab for the players that won it, but the Bundesliga does not - as of posting this we are playing the pre-season friendlies in season two, so it should have registered by now.

Clicked around some leagues and noticed that apart from the Premier League and top two tiers in Spain, every league I've checked (top league in France, Italy, Portugal, Romania, Ukraine and top two in Germany and everything below the Premier League in England) do not register the competition as a win in the 'Milestones' for the players that were in the team and played more than enough to get it. Therefore, their 'Biography' does not update accordingly.

This is clearly an issue that is bigger than just some specific leagues.

Hope this helps!

2 hours ago, TerraMuncher said:

I'm not entirely sure if this should be in the 'League Specific Issues' or 'User Interface', but thought I'd share it here first:

I have this issue in my Bayern save that the German Cup appears in the 'Milestones' tab for the players that won it, but the Bundesliga does not - as of posting this we are playing the pre-season friendlies in season two, so it should have registered by now.

Clicked around some leagues and noticed that apart from the Premier League and top two tiers in Spain, every league I've checked (top league in France, Italy, Portugal, Romania, Ukraine and top two in Germany and everything below the Premier League in England) do not register the competition as a win in the 'Milestones' for the players that were in the team and played more than enough to get it. Therefore, their 'Biography' does not update accordingly.

This is clearly an issue that is bigger than just some specific leagues.

Hope this helps!

Thanks @TerraMuncher - we think this is a general issue like you say and are investigating how this has happened since it's been working before. Appreciate the effort you put in to checking all the leagues, it's really helpful to us. 

About - Competition Rules (Leagues and Cups)  :

In my game after the group stage of the europe league - there are two more rounds in which only one match is played (without a rematch) 
- it's probably not correct

17 hours ago, Harry Neadles said:

Cymru South Players show up as cup tied for league games, when they've been transferred. 

Hey @Harry Neadles - Do you have a save game where this has happened? It's not repeating for me. 

1 hour ago, Micbie said:

About - Competition Rules (Leagues and Cups)  :

In my game after the group stage of the europe league - there are two more rounds in which only one match is played (without a rematch) 
- it's probably not correct

Hey @Micbie could you upload this save game?

1 hour ago, Christopher Lewis said:

Hey @Micbie could you upload this save game?

after the group stage there should be two matches (home and away) with each opponent

1.jpg

Ah I see what you mean now. This is a deliberate change for 2022/23. The Euro Cup had too many fixtures to fit into the calendar with the Qatar break, so we decided last year to make the Euro Cup one leg only for the first and second knockout round in this year.  

Issue with Polish Ekstraklasa, U21 players required in starting 11, I am playing in beta version playing with Slask Wroclaw, I can't use my 21 year old players in my starting eleven as required U21 player, in reality Slask is playing Przemyslaw Placheta all the time, DOB 23.03.1998 but in the game he is not treated as U21 player

17 hours ago, Bart84 said:

Issue with Polish Ekstraklasa, U21 players required in starting 11, I am playing in beta version playing with Slask Wroclaw, I can't use my 21 year old players in my starting eleven as required U21 player, in reality Slask is playing Przemyslaw Placheta all the time, DOB 23.03.1998 but in the game he is not treated as U21 player

We're getting this rule changed to U22 for release. 

Can you clarify how to qualify for the FIFA Club World Cup that happens every 4 years?

I won the Europa but didn't qualify for the FIFA club world cup. Chelsea won it the year before I did but qualified.

Please insert qualification process in the rules somewhere so its clearer.

Romuald Lacazette and Silas Wamangituka both have their days to gain nationality in negative numbers on different saves. Silas Wamangituka is on negative 35 days to gain french nationality in a VfB Stuttgart save and Romuald Lacazette is on negative 12 days completed to get a german nationality in a Football Club Nordsjælland save even though he had spent a few years in germany.

20 hours ago, rovers1993 said:

Can you clarify how to qualify for the FIFA Club World Cup that happens every 4 years?

I won the Europa but didn't qualify for the FIFA club world cup. Chelsea won it the year before I did but qualified.

Please insert qualification process in the rules somewhere so its clearer.

The rules we currently have in game (as FIFA/UEFA haven't actually announced yet what they are doing) is that the winners and runner up of the Champions League for the last 4 years qualify. If a team wins the Champions League twice, then we get the next highest team in the Coefficient table. We do display this in the rules of the Champions Cup semi final, but I agree it's not immediately obvious. 

14 hours ago, riever1892 said:

Romuald Lacazette and Silas Wamangituka both have their days to gain nationality in negative numbers on different saves. Silas Wamangituka is on negative 35 days to gain french nationality in a VfB Stuttgart save and Romuald Lacazette is on negative 12 days completed to get a german nationality in a Football Club Nordsjælland save even though he had spent a few years in germany.

Hey @riever1892 - this is an issue we're aware of. We think it only affects a few players. Thank you for raising these players, the more examples the better. 

Oceania Champions League wont pull the correct teams if you create a league in OFC Tried both using the default New Zealand league in the DB and also a custom one with advanced rules forcing top 2 into OFC CL as much as possible yet nothing works short of recreating the OFC CL and drawing teams that way.

My main gripe with this is that this is an issue that i've had for over 2 versions now and ive had to go and do the same thing every.single.year

Is this because there is 0 representation in OFC? They just have some taped together version of the OFC CL to make it "look" like it its there.

^^^ Is a link to my thread in the Editors Hideaway.

On 18/11/2019 at 10:28, Christopher Lewis said:

The rules we currently have in game (as FIFA/UEFA haven't actually announced yet what they are doing) is that the winners and runner up of the Champions League for the last 4 years qualify. If a team wins the Champions League twice, then we get the next highest team in the Coefficient table. We do display this in the rules of the Champions Cup semi final, but I agree it's not immediately obvious. 

@Christopher Lewis is that why I can only see winners up to 2021 when I'm in 2024? 

On 11/11/2019 at 16:44, Christopher Lewis said:

Ah I see what you mean now. This is a deliberate change for 2022/23. The Euro Cup had too many fixtures to fit into the calendar with the Qatar break, so we decided last year to make the Euro Cup one leg only for the first and second knockout round in this year.  

Hi, this happened to me and I was wondering what the reasoning was ... I also received a bye for the first knockout round which immediately put me into the second knockout round which was weird enough, and then the second knockout round was a one-legged tie which was, luckily for me, a home tie which I comfortably won.

Not entirely sure this will happen in real life, but the board are delighted we've made it past the second knockout round, so I'm not complaining 

4 hours ago, xarm0x said:

Hi, this happened to me and I was wondering what the reasoning was ... I also received a bye for the first knockout round which immediately put me into the second knockout round which was weird enough, and then the second knockout round was a one-legged tie which was, luckily for me, a home tie which I comfortably won.

Not entirely sure this will happen in real life, but the board are delighted we've made it past the second knockout round, so I'm not complaining 

Did you win your Euro Cup group stage? The new format with the Euro Cup seems group winners getting a bye in the first round, and teams that finish second play a team that has dropped out of the Champions League group stage. 

28 minutes ago, Christopher Lewis said:

Did you win your Euro Cup group stage? The new format with the Euro Cup seems group winners getting a bye in the first round, and teams that finish second play a team that has dropped out of the Champions League group stage. 

I'm pretty sure we won the group, yes. So does that mean the format in real life, or within FM is the new format? Is that for every year or just for the 2022/2023 season with the Qatar WC plonked in the middle? This is my first year in Euro Cup on the new save, so I've got nothing to compare it to.

10 minutes ago, xarm0x said:

I'm pretty sure we won the group, yes. So does that mean the format in real life, or within FM is the new format? Is that for every year or just for the 2022/2023 season with the Qatar WC plonked in the middle? This is my first year in Euro Cup on the new save, so I've got nothing to compare it to.

The new format in the Euro Cup is introduced in 2021/22. It adds the Euro Cup II. The Euro Cup group stage will be reduced from 48 to 32 teams – eight groups of four. 

It's the new format UEFA announced so we added it in game. It happens in every season from 2021/22 onwards. 

In 2022/23 Qatar happens and changes the 1st and 2nd knockout round to be one leg. That's the only really difference in this season for now. Once UEFA actually announce what they plan on doing in this year (any time now would be great) we could change it back to being two legs. 

Hi SI,

I'm having a problem that i cant find any one else with it, Euro 2 Cup (the corrent season im playing) the have no matches after the group Stages!!
I'm at 20 March and no lEuro 2 Cup matches!! i'm wory how this will affect next season

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

On 23/12/2019 at 23:40, Cast990 said:

Hi SI,

I'm having a problem that i cant find any one else with it, Euro 2 Cup (the corrent season im playing) the have no matches after the group Stages!!
I'm at 20 March and no lEuro 2 Cup matches!! i'm wory how this will affect next season

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Hey @Cast990 - Do you have a save game where this problem is happening? I've attached instructions. Thanks. 

Hello, I too am not sure if this is the correct topic to post this bug, but i countn't find anywhere else specific to post this, so here it goes.

I am playing with Olympiacos (Greek team) in the 3rd round of the playoffs (in August) and i drew to play against Aris (another Greek team). This is certainly a bug, cause you can't be drawn with a team from the same league before the knockouts of European Competitions for sure. Unfortunately i didn't take any screenshots , but if you want i can go up my schedule and have a screenshot for you if necessary.

Thanks in advance.

On 27/12/2019 at 09:46, ozymarakis said:

Hello, I too am not sure if this is the correct topic to post this bug, but i countn't find anywhere else specific to post this, so here it goes.

I am playing with Olympiacos (Greek team) in the 3rd round of the playoffs (in August) and i drew to play against Aris (another Greek team). This is certainly a bug, cause you can't be drawn with a team from the same league before the knockouts of European Competitions for sure. Unfortunately i didn't take any screenshots , but if you want i can go up my schedule and have a screenshot for you if necessary.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for this - it's a known issue that we are working on.

On ‎23‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 23:40, Cast990 said:

Hi SI,

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Hey - In your save game did you use the In Game Editor at all? We're trying to work out what the issue is that caused this problem as we're not too sure what has happened here. The team that causes the issue is AEK Athens. Cheers. 

Club world cup has gone to extinct when I start new game.

EDIT It was caused by estonian league mod so you can ignore this post

Edited by Elbrei
false alarm

The Club World Cup (Winter update, unsure about previous iterations of it) is bugged. It basically starts  before preseason and as a result players are at like 88% fitness, do not regain any fitness whatsoever, but on top of it are likely to lose it game to game(despite a 7 days break between games).

I unfortunately cannot provide a relevant save as of now because I played through it, but I am 100% sure it can be replicated. All you need to do is simulate the first two seasons as to get the new format in your third season(which starts in the summer and includes more european teams) and enjoy a gameplay that makes you want to uninstall!

Just to let you know since the 20.3 update if you load any of the files with the real results and fixtures of either fmf or aml or any others the England file is wrong and throws all the English fixtures out of sync!! No Sunday games or early of late kick offs etc. only Wednesday and Saturday matches in the Premiership and the end of the season is split up. I think it could be League one has 23 teams because of Bury's expulsion and should have just 3 relegation spots and League 2 should only have 1. When one of them is loaded they still show 4 and 2 relegation spots. It is also affecting international fixtures too. It also effects European games which are now played on a Saturday!! I'm trying to figure out a solution with the editor but I am stumped at the moment. Again I know this is not your problem but I was wondering if you had any ideas on a fix??  Keep up the good work.

23 hours ago, Sebastian Szlenkier said:

This is something we are aware of and are looking into, thanks. 

3 bugs were reported since a member of the testing team last answered on this thread. What are you aware of? Cause "this is" implies only one bug you are aware of, whereas there were three mentioned. 

Or perhaps that's just a political answer to avoid solving anything. Like an unplayable Club World Cup. 

33 minutes ago, SarcasticAnt said:

3 bugs were reported since a member of the testing team last answered on this thread. What are you aware of? Cause "this is" implies only one bug you are aware of, whereas there were three mentioned. 

Or perhaps that's just a political answer to avoid solving anything. Like an unplayable Club World Cup. 

What league are you playing in? Please provide us as much information as you can so that we can look into the issue. Could you please provide your most recent save either way, thank you very much. 

On 06/03/2020 at 18:08, Sebastian Szlenkier said:

What league are you playing in? Please provide us as much information as you can so that we can look into the issue. Could you please provide your most recent save either way, thank you very much. 

Are you seriously asking me what league I am playing in? I reported the CLUB WORLD CUP. Does it make a difference? THAT LEAGUE / CUP whatever you wanna call it is bugged. Is a save relevant? You can pick ANY save, yours or somebody else's and go play that competition and see it is bugged. Did you even bother to read my report at all? 

4 hours ago, SarcasticAnt said:

Are you seriously asking me what league I am playing in? I reported the CLUB WORLD CUP. Does it make a difference? THAT LEAGUE / CUP whatever you wanna call it is bugged. Is a save relevant? You can pick ANY save, yours or somebody else's and go play that competition and see it is bugged. Did you even bother to read my report at all? 

Less of the redundant hyperbole please - it's a relevant question. Different European leagues have slightly different end/start dates which may result in different gaps of time (and subsequently holiday dates generated) leading into the mid-summer Club World Cup, in which case the knowledge is of some use. Having a save game is useful in general for any competition date related issues, in case there are prior specific competition results/date changes needed to reproduce an issue.

In a new save game it is the case that players will return from holiday close to the start of the Club World Cup, however this is expected given the timing of the tournament being in the middle of summer - as are the fitness related knock-ons mentioned above. Given a full pre-season is needed to reach consistent match fitness it is not unexpected for the Club World Cup to feature many players not at peak match fitness yet.

There are issues since the 20.3 and 20.4 updates regarding fixture dates within the game using customised files. Dates are thrown out of sync and are only scheduled for a Wednesday and a Saturday. I am only using an International Champions Cup file I created with FM Editor 20.4 and also FMF's real results files which were also updated with the 20.4 editor. When new game is started all television fixtures are avoided and all fixtures in all leagues including internationals are either on a Wednesday or a Saturday. There is also an issue that League 1 in England then has 4 relegation spots in 19/20 instead of 3 and League 2 has 2 relegation spots instead of one. I have tried various customised files from FM Scout which I wouldnt normally use to test and they all encounter the same issues. At present the game is unplayable with customised files!!

3 hours ago, OllieDrew said:

There are issues since the 20.3 and 20.4 updates regarding fixture dates within the game using customised files. Dates are thrown out of sync and are only scheduled for a Wednesday and a Saturday. I am only using an International Champions Cup file I created with FM Editor 20.4 and also FMF's real results files which were also updated with the 20.4 editor. When new game is started all television fixtures are avoided and all fixtures in all leagues including internationals are either on a Wednesday or a Saturday. There is also an issue that League 1 in England then has 4 relegation spots in 19/20 instead of 3 and League 2 has 2 relegation spots instead of one. I have tried various customised files from FM Scout which I wouldnt normally use to test and they all encounter the same issues. At present the game is unplayable with customised files!!

Hey @OllieDrew we're aware of issues with the custom editor fixtures but I'd like to check out the relegation issue. Could you upload the editor files you used? Cheers. https://community.sigames.com/topic/495118-how-to-upload-files-to-us/

37 minutes ago, Christopher Lewis said:

Hey @OllieDrew we're aware of issues with the custom editor fixtures but I'd like to check out the relegation issue. Could you upload the editor files you used? Cheers. https://community.sigames.com/topic/495118-how-to-upload-files-to-us/

Thanks for the reply Christopher. I am using the FMF real results file and custom start date for 11/11/19. I have tried the AML ones also. Apart from the scheduling issues that mess up all the fixtures English League 1 & 2 have the wrong relegation places. In League 1 it is 4 instead of 3 and League 2 it is 2 instead of 1. I will post pics later. When do you think the scheduling issues will be resolved??

8 hours ago, OllieDrew said:

Thanks for the reply Christopher. I am using the FMF real results file and custom start date for 11/11/19. I have tried the AML ones also. Apart from the scheduling issues that mess up all the fixtures English League 1 & 2 have the wrong relegation places. In League 1 it is 4 instead of 3 and League 2 it is 2 instead of 1. I will post pics later. When do you think the scheduling issues will be resolved??

Any ideas when these issues will be resolved??

2 minutes ago, OllieDrew said:

Any ideas when these issues will be resolved??

I have uploaded the files I used to the SI Cloud Service but they are also available on FM Scout

On 10/03/2020 at 23:46, OllieDrew said:

I have uploaded the files I used to the SI Cloud Service but they are also available on FM Scout

I can't seem to find any files uploaded in the last few days that match your description above - what are the file names you uploaded? Thanks

On 09/03/2020 at 18:57, Freddie Sands said:

Less of the redundant hyperbole please - it's a relevant question. Different European leagues have slightly different end/start dates which may result in different gaps of time (and subsequently holiday dates generated) leading into the mid-summer Club World Cup, in which case the knowledge is of some use. Having a save game is useful in general for any competition date related issues, in case there are prior specific competition results/date changes needed to reproduce an issue.

In a new save game it is the case that players will return from holiday close to the start of the Club World Cup, however this is expected given the timing of the tournament being in the middle of summer - as are the fitness related knock-ons mentioned above. Given a full pre-season is needed to reach consistent match fitness it is not unexpected for the Club World Cup to feature many players not at peak match fitness yet.

Nah, at this point you are straight up refusing to admit an error in your game and try to cover it up.

Let me paint a more clear picture for you.

You take a break from soccer. 20 days or whatever(I play Premier League). NO international break whatsoever. THEN the CWC starts. The players are at a really low fitness, like 85%. ALL of them. You play the first game like that. The next game is in, you wanna know how many days? Freakin' 7 days! You know what happens? The players will be STUCK at their 85% fitness or even go LOWER than that during that period. SEVEN days of break on top of their end of season break and THEY CAN'T REGENERATE ANY FITNESS. Then another 7 days til the next game, and another 3 or 4 for KOs and they NEVER EVER regenerate fitness, they only go lower.

And my bet is that it's because the CWC starts before the end of season break is scheduled to end, so the players are somehow stuck in a weird timeline or whatever where they are coded as in vacation, but still play football. 

But I am no professional, you are one and you seem to be okay with 85% fitness for 7 days straight. And then 70% for another 7 days straight. NO regen whatsoever.

But I get it, it's actually time consuming to fix bugs, but not time consuming at all to deny their existence.

23 hours ago, Freddie Sands said:

I can't seem to find any files uploaded in the last few days that match your description above - what are the file names you uploaded? Thanks

Hi Freddie I did upload the files but they are also available on FM Scout under FMF Real Results and Start Up Date. I only use this and my own International Champions Cup File in the game. FMF has completed about 30 league with the real results. When all are loaded they all work fine including my file but the scheduling is all wrong!!! All games including internationals are either a Wednesday or a Saturday. No TV scheduling either. So the Ero Qualifiers instead of going a Thursday through to a Tuesday are either a Wednesday or a Saturday. Also English League 1 & 2 have the wrong relegation spots with 4 relegation spots in 19/20 instead of 3 and 2 relegation spots in 19/20 instead of one. Its not the files as they worked fine before the 20.3 and 20.4 updates. I have also tried various other customised files that I would not normally use in my save and they all come up with the same errors. Please can you let me know when there will be a fix as in essence the game is now unplayable.

Is anyone at SI coming up with a fix for these issues as it's gone a bit quiet regarding this. The issue is now nearly 3 Weeks ongoing and needs to be resolved. Please can someone give me an update?? Cheers

On 31/10/2019 at 12:01, Freddie Sands said:

Please post any specific issues for any competitions not covered by another thread here. This is for any issue which does not relate to data and is for areas such as:

- Competition Rules (Leagues and Cups)
- Disciplinary Rules
- Transfer Rules

We would request you all to adhere to the following three point plan when posting in here:

- State what you think is specifically wrong in your league.
- State how you think it should be working.
- State reasons/proof for your corrections/improvements.

Please note that specific data issues should be posted in the Database and Research Issues forum.

The CPL - The CPL – Canadian Premier League has a problem now. There needs to be a new update to accommodate for the newest team that has been just added this season. This new club is Atletico Ottawa, which is owned by Atlético Madrid. Is it possible to have an update for this league please?

I have uninstalled the game and re-installed and stripped it back to the bare minimum. It now seems that game is stuck on Wednesday and Saturday scheduling without any customised files. I can't believe I am the only one noticing this issue and there is no update to fix this. What is happening SI????