When's the BETA out speculation thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, bluemooncheese said:

Guys, I know we're all super excited for beta drop... But it is also the time of year my favourite greggs pastry is dropped.

I think I may be just as excited for a festive bake in all honesty. 

Starbucks Christmas cookie latte says hi

Hate to be negative folks but after reading Miles Twitter, I would say theres extremely little chance of the BETA coming out today - probably even this side of the weekend. He's done another Twitpoll & more importantly, has stated that people asking about the Beta are now being muted. If it was coming out today, he'd have sucked it up for the last few hours. Probably nearer to the truth is they tried to get it ready for today but felt it wasn't quite ready, so people asking him about it is probably leaving him a little raw. 

If I was a betting man, i'd say Monday at 4pm GMT....but what do I know

1 minute ago, PhilT said:

Hate to be negative folks but after reading Miles Twitter, I would say theres extremely little chance of the BETA coming out today - probably even this side of the weekend. He's done another Twitpoll & more importantly, has stated that people asking about the Beta are now being muted. If it was coming out today, he'd have sucked it up for the last few hours. Probably nearer to the truth is they tried to get it ready for today but felt it wasn't quite ready, so people asking him about it is probably leaving him a little raw. 

I..... think you are correct. :( 

4 minutes ago, Sheriff7 said:

Last year, at least 2 times he said definitely NOT today on the beta, until he says it is 100% NOT coming out before Tuesday, we're all going to speculate, anyway as I've said no less than 3 times today, this thread isn't even about the beta for me any more

6 minutes ago, PhilT said:

Get out with your reason and logic.

200.webp?cid=790b7611e6f11fc7eaffb1a6a73

4 minutes ago, Bakiano said:

Today was a perfect day for beta :(

As noted above, until he says a definite NO BETA then we're going to continue on, don't quit on us now man, we've been through 37 pages of this banterfest so far

Maybe someone here can help me, just installed steam and the library has made me explode it's a f8-*/*-/-*5-5-*54-84-4/7-+44-/7/4-4 mess, only yesterday on my old pc it was the nice old library and now its aaaarggghhhhh doing my swede in just looking at it, does anybody know how to get old steam library back?

Or... he needs a few hours peace to get the ball rolling

giphy.gif

has stated that people asking about the Beta are now being muted.

Yeah so? He muted people last year too, but last he tweeted at least twice that there was no beta that day, as I said until he or SI confirm there is no beta before Tuesday, we're sticking around, aren't we @kevhamster @gunner86 @toffee71 @Bakiano

8 minutes ago, PhilT said:

2003430704_giphy(10).gif.3c623fb0786d9af7006a8c0c9d99d6f4.gif

1 minute ago, bigmattb28 said:

As noted above, until he says a definite NO BETA then we're going to continue on, don't quit on us now man, we've been through 37 pages of this banterfest so far

Theres nothing wrong with hope :-) 

7 minutes ago, PhilT said:

giphy.gif

Just now, craigcwwe said:

Legend has it that that chap is still travelling through time and space today. 

He is, I just got a text from Optimus Prime on Cybertron this fella passed by 10 minutes ago

2 minutes ago, toffee71 said:

Maybe someone here can help me, just installed steam and the library has made me explode it's a f8-*/*-/-*5-5-*54-84-4/7-+44-/7/4-4 mess, only yesterday on my old pc it was the nice old library and now its aaaarggghhhhh doing my swede in just looking at it, does anybody know how to get old steam library back?

It's the way of the future and supposedly designed to kill epics challenge. 

It's god awful, unreadable and crashes on my PC if you have the temerity to open anything but steam. 

Just now, craigcwwe said:

FM Twitter account hasn't tweeted for 28 hours and 1 minute, means they are getting ready to drop the beta today. 

It's their fault we're here, saying turn on notifications, and all they've tweeted is the trailer and a retweet of said trailer.

3 minutes ago, bigmattb28 said:

Yeah so? He muted people last year too, but last he tweeted at least twice that there was no beta that day, as I said until he or SI confirm there is no beta before Tuesday, we're sticking around, aren't we @kevhamster @gunner86 @toffee71 @Bakiano

In through the weekend if need be, though may have to play something else during the wait. But still able to help with the inane gibberish

2 minutes ago, bigmattb28 said:

It's their fault we're here, saying turn on notifications, and all they've tweeted is the trailer and a retweet of said trailer.

That tweet should have come a few days later IMO. But it's just marketing stuff,to create a bit of hype so no issues with it. 

Edited by andu1

Just now, gunner86 said:

Did you pass a Taco Bell? It's not even a little similar but I do enjoy a Taco Bell

I do like to get two number 9's, a number 9 large, a number 6 with extra dip, a number 7, two number 45's, one with cheese, and a large soda when I go to Taco Bell

2 minutes ago, gunner86 said:

Did you pass a Taco Bell? It's not even a little similar but I do enjoy a Taco Bell

I did not.  My small town frowns upon such chain delicacies.   They begrudgingly have a McDonalds.

Edited by keeper#1

SI (and Miles) could avoid all the questions on when the beta is released if they wanted to. I am SOOOOOO tired of them whining every single year over people asking on SoMe.

Like... If you dont want people asking, why not just set a date? Theres going to be bugs anyway. 

Actually, SI's entire communication strategy is absurd in so many ways, I dont even know where to begin... 

13 minutes ago, bigmattb28 said:

Where did I say I want to quit? My determination is 18/20.

1 minute ago, Kristianmehl said:

SI (and Miles) could avoid all the questions on when the beta is released if they wanted to. I am SOOOOOO tired of them whining every single year over people asking on SoMe.

Like... If you dont want people asking, why not just set a date? Theres going to be bugs anyway. 

Actually, SI's entire communication strategy is absurd in so many ways, I dont even know where to begin... 

They don't set a date, because the aim is to have it out as early as possible.

That and they love this annual tradition of a thread