Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
Simon Tipple

[South America] Data Issues

Please post any data issues related to any non-represented country in South America here.

As much of the data is subjective we’d ask that you respect everyone’s opinion and accept that the final decision is that of our club researchers and our heads of research.          

We also request you please adhere to the following three point plan when posting in the data topics:

·        State what you think is specifically wrong with a particular piece of data.              

·        State what you think the data should be.                            

·        State reasons/proof for your suggested corrections/improvements.                         

Please note that any non-data issues for South America should be posted in the appropriate thread within the League Specific Issues Forum. This would include issues such as league scheduling and league rules.

Costa Rica HR

Shakir Lobo 80033906 , his full name is Shakir Lobo Wong , and his chinese name is "Huang Luobo". his grandad was Chinese . 

HR Bolivia

José Caraballo (86037755) should be on loan with Deportivo Lara (76004125), not San José

Hi,

Appreciate this is a Central America issue but couldn't see a thread for there so apologies for posting here...

Anyway, looks like Manfred Ugalde of Saprissa in Costa Rica is pretty dramatically underrated in the game; he's the biggest talent the region has produced in years, scoring 9 goals in the current championship aged 16/17 as well as several in continental competition. Has also been on trial with several European clubs, notably Sporting and Atletico Madrid but this potential cerainly doens't seem to be reflected in-game.

7 hours ago, fidelitywars said:

Hi,

Appreciate this is a Central America issue but couldn't see a thread for there so apologies for posting here...

Anyway, looks like Manfred Ugalde of Saprissa in Costa Rica is pretty dramatically underrated in the game; he's the biggest talent the region has produced in years, scoring 9 goals in the current championship aged 16/17 as well as several in continental competition. Has also been on trial with several European clubs, notably Sporting and Atletico Madrid but this potential cerainly doens't seem to be reflected in-game.

On 05/11/2019 at 12:57, jallo said:

Costa Rica HR

Shakir Lobo 80033906 , his full name is Shakir Lobo Wong , and his chinese name is "Huang Luobo". his grandad was Chinese . 

These should be posted in the North America thread 

Jan Hurtado, a venezuelan player says he prefer to play for Argentina instead of Venezuela although in real life he has been named in the squad of Venezuela

On 18/11/2019 at 18:29, santiagoluento said:

Jan Hurtado, a venezuelan player says he prefer to play for Argentina instead of Venezuela although in real life he has been named in the squad of Venezuela

Please post this in the Argentina data thread - he is at an Argentine club and so they have control of editing his profile 

Jonathan Fabbro, 37-year old Paraguyan midfielder is jailed for sexual abuse for 14 years.

"Former Boca Juniors and River Plate star found guilty of at least five counts of "severely outrageous sexual abuse” against his niece and goddaughter between 2015 and 2017."

https://www.batimes.com.ar/news/argentina/jonathan-fabbro-handed-14-years-in-jail-for-sexual-abuse-of-niece.phtml

He is still in the game and I signed him in my main FM20 save as free agent before I realise this.

I think player like this should not be in the game available to sign. Will have to buy in-game editor to retire him to not have to start the save again.

EDIT: It's not possible to get rid of this person from the already started save even with in-game editor as he is also set as staff/scout and I can't delete him.

The gap between venezuelans teams and bolivian teams seems very high. The best Venezuelan team in DB would be only the 9th best team in Bolivia. In Copa Libertadores this year La Guaira beat Real Garcilaso from Peru and Caracas beat Delfin from Ecuador in Pré-Libertadores. Despite the Bolivian teams have the altitud like advantage.

15 hours ago, fefeu said:

The gap between venezuelans teams and bolivian teams seems very high. The best Venezuelan team in DB would be only the 9th best team in Bolivia. In Copa Libertadores this year La Guaira beat Real Garcilaso from Peru and Caracas beat Delfin from Ecuador in Pré-Libertadores. Despite the Bolivian teams have the altitud like advantage.

Hmm, would have to look at this with @Daniel Dionisi.  I'm not sure that we should arbitrarily raise the CA of Venezuelan clubs based solely on this (plus, I don't know what the Bolivian CA16 is).

I'm also not entirely sure that looking at isolated results like that should dictate the strength of a league either. I'll wait and see what Daniel wants to do 

EDIT: Essentially, I guess that there shouldn't be a huge difference between the two but I don't know whether we need to increase Venezuela, decrease Bolivia or some combination of the two to meet in the middle 

Bolivian league have 14 teams.

Táchira would be only the 9th in Bolivian league (13 pts below the 1st).  La Guaira and others fighting for the last places. This gap seems unrealist. The results of both are very similar in Copa Libertadores last years.

1 - Bolívar Bolivia 117,1
2- The Strongest Bolivia 113,8
3 - Jorge Wilstermann Bolivia 112,4
4- San José (BOL) Bolivia 111,8
5 - Royal Pari Bolivia 110,5
6 - Oriente Petrolero Bolivia 108,6
7- Nacional Potosí Bolivia 104,8
8 - Always Ready Bolivia 104,8
9- Sport Boys Warnes Bolivia 103,6
10 - Blooming Bolivia 102,5
11- Real Potosí Bolivia 102,0
12 - Guabirá Bolivia 101,9
13 - Aurora Bolivia 98,3
14 - Destroyers Bolivia 96,2

Deportivo Táchira Venezuela 104,1
Deportivo La Guaira Venezuela 99,0
Caracas Venezuela 98,6
Mineros de Guayana Venezuela 97,3
Atlético Venezuela Venezuela 96,8
Deportivo Lara Venezuela 95,6
Estudiantes de Mérida Venezuela 95,3
Zamora F.C. (VEN) Venezuela 94,8

7 hours ago, fefeu said:

Bolivian league have 14 teams.

Táchira would be only the 9th in Bolivian league (13 pts below the 1st).  La Guaira and others fighting for the last places. This gap seems unrealist. The results of both are very similar in Copa Libertadores last years.

1 - Bolívar Bolivia 117,1
2- The Strongest Bolivia 113,8
3 - Jorge Wilstermann Bolivia 112,4
4- San José (BOL) Bolivia 111,8
5 - Royal Pari Bolivia 110,5
6 - Oriente Petrolero Bolivia 108,6
7- Nacional Potosí Bolivia 104,8
8 - Always Ready Bolivia 104,8
9- Sport Boys Warnes Bolivia 103,6
10 - Blooming Bolivia 102,5
11- Real Potosí Bolivia 102,0
12 - Guabirá Bolivia 101,9
13 - Aurora Bolivia 98,3
14 - Destroyers Bolivia 96,2

Deportivo Táchira Venezuela 104,1
Deportivo La Guaira Venezuela 99,0
Caracas Venezuela 98,6
Mineros de Guayana Venezuela 97,3
Atlético Venezuela Venezuela 96,8
Deportivo Lara Venezuela 95,6
Estudiantes de Mérida Venezuela 95,3
Zamora F.C. (VEN) Venezuela 94,8

Sure - as stated above, I do agree.  But is the issue that Venezuela is too low, or is Bolivia too high?  The issue I have is that some of the young players in Venezuela, if I were to raise their CA the game would recommend much larger PA's than is realistic.

Paraguay

Jonathan Fabbro (954196) is on jail, al least, two years ago!!

Jonathan Fabbro_ Perfil.png

Just now, joaquin87 said:

Paraguay

Jonathan Fabbro (954196) is on jail, al least, two years ago!!

Jonathan Fabbro_ Perfil.png

I have passed this to the Paraguayan researcher.

Felipe Peña Biafore, player from River Plate's youth squad is not a forward but actually a defender.

He signed a renewal of his contract this year. In this article (in Spanish), it details the deal and talks about his position. https://lapaginamillonaria.com/riverplate/datos-felipe-pena-biafore-firmo-su-primer-contrato-con-river-20200214-0003.html