Sports Interactive Community
Simon Tipple

[Austria] Data Issues

Please post any data issues related to Austria here.

As much of the data is subjective we’d ask that you respect everyone’s opinion and accept that the final decision is that of our club researchers and our heads of research.          

We also request you please adhere to the following three point plan when posting in the data topics:

·        State what you think is specifically wrong with a particular piece of data.              

·        State what you think the data should be.                            

·        State reasons/proof for your suggested corrections/improvements.                         

Please note that any non-data issues for Austria should be posted in the appropriate thread within the League Specific Issues Forum. This would include issues such as league scheduling and league rules.

Hi,

I have noticed that Dominik Szoboszlai (Salzburg) is listed as predominately a CM, despite playing more of a AML/ML role in real life this season.

Max Wober is listed as predominately a LB when he's been playing most his games as a LCB in real life for both Salzburg, and Sevilla last season.

Erling Haaland should probably also be listed as a natural Complete Forward rather than a Target Man, although this is subjective. 

vor 11 Stunden schrieb Jimange:

Hi,

I have noticed that Dominik Szoboszlai (Salzburg) is listed as predominately a CM, despite playing more of a AML/ML role in real life this season.

Max Wober is listed as predominately a LB when he's been playing most his games as a LCB in real life for both Salzburg, and Sevilla last season.

Erling Haaland should probably also be listed as a natural Complete Forward rather than a Target Man, although this is subjective. 

Hello,
thanks for your feedback!

Regarding Szobo, he has played CM/ACM most of his career and also did so under Rose, he just recently switched to the LM positon since Marsch took over. He is therefore naturally a CM/ACM, but Salzburg does not play with a central midfield in their core formation.

About Wöber, his media description is CB and his attributes also reflect that, given how he is a left footed player the LAV position suits him very well, thats where he plays at Salzburg instead of Ulmer often too, and I think he also did ad some point in the NT IIRC. I´ll forward this to @Fire_03 tho.

Haaland is listes as a Pressing Forward in my game and thats how he plays IRL aswell. He isnt complete enough yet to be a CF, and he shouldnt really be a TM either.

Again, thanks for your feedback !

Wöber has LB 18 and CB 20 .
Can´t see a problem with this.

11 hours ago, Alerion said:

Hello,
thanks for your feedback!

Regarding Szobo, he has played CM/ACM most of his career and also did so under Rose, he just recently switched to the LM positon since Marsch took over. He is therefore naturally a CM/ACM, but Salzburg does not play with a central midfield in their core formation.

About Wöber, his media description is CB and his attributes also reflect that, given how he is a left footed player the LAV position suits him very well, thats where he plays at Salzburg instead of Ulmer often too, and I think he also did ad some point in the NT IIRC. I´ll forward this to @Fire_03 tho.

Haaland is listes as a Pressing Forward in my game and thats how he plays IRL aswell. He isnt complete enough yet to be a CF, and he shouldnt really be a TM either.

Again, thanks for your feedback !

Yeah, how are you guys classing the positions at Salzburg atm? They still use no wingers and set up with a 4-2-2-2 (or 5-3-2), unless my eyes deceive me, no? Meaning Szobo is right with CM/CAM. Hoping Minamino is CAM/ST as opposed to AML this year. 

Edited by Goughy7

I think it's wrong that salzburg is the only team that has its sponsor in the name.

Should be FC Salzburg not FC RB Salzburg.

Proof: https://de.uefa.com/teamsandplayers/teams/club=50030/profile/index.html

Edit: While I am at it, it is also weird that some city names are translated and some aren't. For example Rapid Vienna(Wien) but WSG Tirol(Tyrol)

Edited by BeerBaron

Dalibor Velimirovic (16202417) has been playing a bit in the Rapid first team this season and should probably have a more appropriate CA/PA than at the moment, where he isn't even good enough to merit a chance in the first team squad

On 09/11/2019 at 18:31, BeerBaron said:

I think it's wrong that salzburg is the only team that has its sponsor in the name.

Edit: While I am at it, it is also weird that some city names are translated and some aren't. For example Rapid Vienna(Wien) but WSG Tirol(Tyrol)

You mix something up i guess.

First of all we have multiple Teams with Sponsor´s in their Name.

RB Salzburg, RB New York, RB Leipzig, Bayer Leverkusen.

But you arent allowed to have a Sponsor in your Name in the Uefa Competitions. Thats why RedBull Salzburg has to "rename" them within the Uefa Games, as FC Salzburg.

RB Lepzig, still can have RB in their Name, even in UCL .. because they arent referred as RedBull Leipzig, but as RasenBallsport ... everyone knows what the RB stands for, but officially its RasenBallsport aka RB.

But i dont think they can change the Clubname inside FM for every Competition, so its gonna be named after their Real Club Name & thats FC RedBull Salzburg / FC RB Salzburg.

4 minutes ago, tajj7 said:

Shouldn't Erling Haaland have England as a second nationality? He was born in Leeds, and his dad was working in the UK at the time and was from an EEA country. 

https://www.gov.uk/check-british-citizenship/born-in-the-uk-between-1-january-1983-and-1-october-2000

yes he was born in Leeds, but that doesnt make you English. He can have this second Nationality if he wanted it, but i never saw an official Statement about him beeing english, because i think he see´s himself as a full norwegian, same as his Father.

Edited by rosicky1990

Surprised this hasn't been brought up on here yet but I'd consider the fact Erling Håland won't enter contract negotiations with most clubs a bug, or at the very least an inaccuracy.

Since he joined Salzburg in January, it's not like he's only just signed for them. I'd imagine in real life, at the very least he will be willing to discuss a deal with Leipzig as the next stage in the development chain.

Something to look at maybe? I know there's no solid reason but I can't find one for why he won't even enter talks.

14 hours ago, rosicky1990 said:

But you arent allowed to have a Sponsor in your Name in the Uefa Competitions. Thats why RedBull Salzburg has to "rename" them within the Uefa Games, as FC Salzburg.

RB Lepzig, still can have RB in their Name, even in UCL .. because they arent referred as RedBull Leipzig, but as RasenBallsport ... everyone knows what the RB stands for, but officially its RasenBallsport aka RB.

But i dont think they can change the Clubname inside FM for every Competition, so its gonna be named after their Real Club Name & thats FC RedBull Salzburg / FC RB Salzburg.

To add to this.

In the German Bundesliga, sponsorship in names is forbidden, hence why they couldn't name their German club Red Bull Leipzig like they did their Austrian club Red Bull Salzburg.

Bayer Leverkusen was founded by Bayer Pharmaceuticals in a similar manner that Everton was founded by a toffee factory, and West Ham were founded by an Iron factory, and it was long ago before the rule existed so is permitted.

15 hours ago, rosicky1990 said:

Ya I understand why it is rb lepzig that's why I posted in the austrian forum and not in the german one. Sorry if I didn't explain it properly but my question basically is where are you getting the names from? On the offical austrian bundesliga site every team has their sponsor in the name, on the uefa one no one does like you said and on their own club sites some of them have. I just found it weird that it isn't a uniform format for all. It doesn't matter too much anyways. I was just curious. 

Am 9.11.2019 um 18:31 schrieb BeerBaron:

Salzburg isnt the only one, "Admira Wacker Mödling" for example should have the full name too. Other than that, there arent many teams in Austria that have a full sponsor in their official name. As @rosicky1990 has already correctly explained, its only "FC Salzburg" in the EL or CL, their badge/logo also changes during this competition as clubs arent allowed to have brandings in their name or logo. So the correct name for the Austrian League is "FC Red Bull Salzburg" or in short, RB Salzburg.

vor 18 Stunden schrieb BanOly:

Surprised this hasn't been brought up on here yet but I'd consider the fact Erling Håland won't enter contract negotiations with most clubs a bug, or at the very least an inaccuracy.

Since he joined Salzburg in January, it's not like he's only just signed for them. I'd imagine in real life, at the very least he will be willing to discuss a deal with Leipzig as the next stage in the development chain.

Something to look at maybe? I know there's no solid reason but I can't find one for why he won't even enter talks.

At which stage in the game ? If you are talking first transfer window, this should be very accurate. He joined in January and hasnt featured much in the 2nd half of last season, since he has a contract until 2023 it would make no sense for him to join another club half a year later without even featuring in the first team. 

If you are talking about January 2020 and onwards, I had no problem whatsoever buying Haaland with clubs like City, PSG, Bayern or Monaco.

Fun fact btw, he already declined Leipzig in real life ;) 

vor 17 Stunden schrieb BeerBaron:

Ya I understand why it is rb lepzig that's why I posted in the austrian forum and not in the german one. Sorry if I didn't explain it properly but my question basically is where are you getting the names from? On the offical austrian bundesliga site every team has their sponsor in the name, on the uefa one no one does like you said and on their own club sites some of them have. I just found it weird that it isn't a uniform format for all. It doesn't matter too much anyways. I was just curious. 

As mentioned above, the correct name is "FC Red Bull Salzburg"

3 hours ago, Alerion said:

Salzburg isnt the only one, "Admira Wacker Mödling" for example should have the full name too. Other than that, there arent many teams in Austria that have a full sponsor in their official name. As @rosicky1990 has already correctly explained, its only "FC Salzburg" in the EL or CL, their badge/logo also changes during this competition as clubs arent allowed to have brandings in their name or logo. So the correct name for the Austrian League is "FC Red Bull Salzburg" or in short, RB Salzburg.

If you don't mind could you tell me where you  get the offical name from? 

I really don't want to annoy you I would just like to understand it. 

On 11/11/2019 at 21:15, rosicky1990 said:

yes he was born in Leeds, but that doesnt make you English. He can have this second Nationality if he wanted it, but i never saw an official Statement about him beeing english, because i think he see´s himself as a full norwegian, same as his Father.

That's fine, but it should be a second nationality as I am pretty sure reading the link I posted that he is automatically a British citizen, he already has full caps for Norway so he can't play for England, but in terms of registration etc. especially when it comes to the new rules around Brexit in game, it would make a difference if he was at an English club because he wouldn't take up a foreign player slot. 

vor 54 Minuten schrieb BeerBaron:

If you don't mind could you tell me where you  get the offical name from? 

I really don't want to annoy you I would just like to understand it. 

I live in Austria, I am Austrian, I am a Salzburg fan, I follow the Bundesliga for over 2 decades now. I am at this point not really sure if you are trolling or not, their homepage literally is called "redbullsalzburg.at" with the first heade being the club link "FC Red Bull Salzburg". I dont know how much more you need on this topic ? No offense here, obviously.

vor 41 Minuten schrieb tajj7:

That's fine, but it should be a second nationality as I am pretty sure reading the link I posted that he is automatically a British citizen, he already has full caps for Norway so he can't play for England, but in terms of registration etc. especially when it comes to the new rules around Brexit in game, it would make a difference if he was at an English club because he wouldn't take up a foreign player slot. 

Just because you are born in the UK does not give you the citizenship AFAIK. He is nowhere listed as a Britzish citizen so I dont know why the second nationality should be added ?

2 minutes ago, Alerion said:

Just because you are born in the UK does not give you the citizenship AFAIK. He is nowhere listed as a Britzish citizen so I dont know why the second nationality should be added ?

Read the link - this is a quote from it -

Born in the UK between 1 January 1983 and 1 October 2000

If at least one of your parents was a citizen of an EU or EEA country when you were born

You’re automatically a British citizen if when you were born at least one of your parents was both:

• a citizen of a country that was in the EU or the EEA and had full free movement rights - people from Portugal and Spain got these rights on 1 January 1992
  • living in the UK, and working or studying here

If the parent that meets these conditions is your father, he must have been married to your mother when you were born.

I am pretty sure that means he is automatically a British citizen. 

1 minute ago, Alerion said:

I live in Austria, I am Austrian, I am a Salzburg fan, I follow the Bundesliga for over 2 decades now. I am at this point not really sure if you are trolling or not, their homepage literally is called "redbullsalzburg.at" with the first heade being the club link "FC Red Bull Salzburg". I dont know how much more you need on this topic ? No offense here, obviously.

Really no need to get agressive imho. I am Austrian too and it is weird looking at an unfamiliar table cause only one team has their sponsor in the name. The homepage of wac is called "https://www.rzpelletswac.at/" I don't see rz or pellets in the game. Same is prbly true for a lot of other clubs in austria. I understand there is no uniform format and you just make up the names as you please. That's fine with me too, you could have just told me that. Thanks anyways.

15 minutes ago, BeerBaron said:

Really no need to get agressive imho. I am Austrian too and it is weird looking at an unfamiliar table cause only one team has their sponsor in the name. The homepage of wac is called "https://www.rzpelletswac.at/" I don't see rz or pellets in the game. Same is prbly true for a lot of other clubs in austria. I understand there is no uniform format and you just make up the names as you please. That's fine with me too, you could have just told me that. Thanks anyways.

I'd assume he uses names most easily recognised by the English majority of players who play the game. If they were called RZ Pellets WAC I'd have absolutely no idea who they were, but I've heard of "Wolfsberger AC". RZ Pellets is not in their team name when you Google them etc. and Red Bull Salzburg is what you get if you Google them, so I'd assume they're two different types of name Sponsor.

6 minutes ago, BanOly said:

I'd assume he uses names most easily recognised by the English majority of players who play the game. If they were called RZ Pellets WAC I'd have absolutely no idea who they were, but I've heard of "Wolfsberger AC". RZ Pellets is not in their team name when you Google them etc. and Red Bull Salzburg is what you get if you Google them, so I'd assume they're two different types of name Sponsor.

That's why I asked where the names are taken from. I don't even care if it is decided based on recognizability for the english users. I was just curious why it is done this way. Didn't know that was trolling. Like I said before it doesn't matter that much and I clearly seem to annoy ppl so I will just let it go. Have a good one everyone.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb tajj7:

Read the link - this is a quote from it -

I am pretty sure that means he is automatically a British citizen. 

We´ll have a look into it, thank you

vor 2 Stunden schrieb BeerBaron:

It wasnt, sorry if it came across. The thing is, we arent allowed to have real life sponsors in the game as SI does not have the licence rights from the Austrian league. Thats why the name is FC RB Salzburg and not FC Red Bull Salzburg. This really isnt possible with the names like Pellets, spusu and so on. Also, Salzburg is pretty much known as RB Salzburg, internationally and nationally.

49 minutes ago, Alerion said:

It wasnt, sorry if it came across. The thing is, we arent allowed to have real life sponsors in the game as SI does not have the licence rights from the Austrian league. Thats why the name is FC RB Salzburg and not FC Red Bull Salzburg. This really isnt possible with the names like Pellets, spusu and so on. Also, Salzburg is pretty much known as RB Salzburg, internationally and nationally.

Thanks a lot. Even I understand it now^^.

I have a problem playing with RB Salzburg. I need to register my CL squad season 1, but there are ZERO players trained by FC RB Salzburg for 3 years between 15th and 21st birthdays (HGC) but I do have plenty of HGN players. So can't select a squad and therefore can't continue the save.

1st team squad part 1

1st team squad part 2

U21

Feelsbadman

RIP

Uploaded file Rots Hooibos - FC RB Salzburg - Holland.fm

Edited by RealRed

vor 13 Stunden schrieb RealRed:

I have a problem playing with RB Salzburg. I need to register my CL squad season 1, but there are ZERO players trained by FC RB Salzburg for 3 years between 15th and 21st birthdays (HGC) but I do have plenty of HGN players. So can't select a squad and therefore can't continue the save.

1st team squad part 1

1st team squad part 2

U21

Feelsbadman

RIP

Uploaded file Rots Hooibos - FC RB Salzburg - Holland.fm

Please try to select fewer players. Normally the HGN club players add some registration spots, so without HGN, which you clearly dont have, you shouldnt be able to register 25 players.

Anyone think that the technical attributes of quite a few players in Austria have been graded a little harshly?

Most obvious example is Haaland; not suggesting he's Berbatov but 10 for dribbling and 9 for technique don't really represent the player i've seen this season. Has improved enormously in his ball skills; would have thought that 12/13 for both would be more representative - even a little harsh perhaps. Similarly, would rate his agility as higher than 11 by a point or 2 - dribbling really seems to have become a strong part of his game.

Szoboszlai is another; a subtle and precocious playmaker with excellent ball-striking ability but in FM, his strongest attributes are acceleration/pace/workrate, making him a very different type of footballer. Would a have all of those a point or 2 lower whilst his dribbling/finishing/flair/technique/composure could all be a point or 2 higher.

Otar Kiteishvili looks very underrated too - looks much stronger in dribbling/touch/technique/flair than he's credited with in-game.

Appreciate that this is a matter of opinion to an extent and that Haaland and Szoboszlai probably have very high potential ability ratings...but they seem very different player types in-game to IRL.

42 minutes ago, Alerion said:

Please try to select fewer players. Normally the HGN club players add some registration spots, so without HGN, which you clearly dont have, you shouldnt be able to register 25 players.

So this doesn't count as HGC? 

https://gyazo.com/3e3528e728c95a00201fa572c4a03e78

https://gyazo.com/d1fde4bf8ce8d6f079fae3d888263977

Selecting less players works, but still gutted. Specially since the 2 players above have met the 3y trained by club requirement imho.

Edited by RealRed

vor 53 Minuten schrieb RealRed:

So this doesn't count as HGC? 

https://gyazo.com/3e3528e728c95a00201fa572c4a03e78

https://gyazo.com/d1fde4bf8ce8d6f079fae3d888263977

Selecting less players works, but still gutted. Specially since the 2 players above have met the 3y trained by club requirement imho.

AFAIK, loans dont count for this period, correct me if I am wrong. 

So Szobo should be homegrown after this season.

While Hwang has had 3 years in a row at Salzburg, he was too old for the HGN rule to apply (between 15 - 21).

28 minutes ago, Alerion said:

AFAIK, loans dont count for this period, correct me if I am wrong. 

So Szobo should be homegrown after this season.

While Hwang has had 3 years in a row at Salzburg, he was too old for the HGN rule to apply (between 15 - 21).

Yeah I can understand Hwang I guess, if that is a rule. I'm not that experienced.

More concerned about Szoboszlai, since he is young enough was 3 years at club already, but his 1st year was at AKA RB Salzburg but isn't that my youth team? And that doesn't count as at club?

Edited by RealRed

vor 8 Minuten schrieb RealRed:

Yeah I can understand Hwang I guess, if that is a rule. I'm not that experienced.

More concerned about Szoboszlai, since he is young enough was 3 years at club already, but his 1st year was at AKA RB Salzburg but isn't that my youth team? And that doesn't count as at club?

He was at Liefering, which on paper is a different club. So AFAIK, it has to be 3 years in a row, loans will interrupt this process. Again, I am not 100% sure atm and will check this tomorrow.

4 minutes ago, Alerion said:

He was at Liefering, which on paper is a different club. So AFAIK, it has to be 3 years in a row, loans will interrupt this process. Again, I am not 100% sure atm and will check this tomorrow.

At least I'm able to continue the save now :) ty. 

vor 4 Stunden schrieb KI Heynckes:

Haland has a 30M release clause starting Summer 2020. (come to Leipzig baby)

Just because some "journalists" write about something, doesnt mean we are going to implement it. There is no official source for that, so it wont be added

vor 27 Minuten schrieb Alerion:

Just because some "journalists" write about something, doesnt mean we are going to implement it. There is no official source for that, so it wont be added

Lol what a joke, your arrogance is really intriguing to say the least. If it was someone from another club you wouldn't care. With that argumentation you could basically never add any release clause because no manager or CEO will ever tell that publicly, most of the time they'll just lie to get some praise from the fans (Völler said Brandt has no release clause when he extended his contract, now he was transfered for a joke of a fee).

I mean, good for you, that you want to put your vanity over correct data, fits perfect to the rest of the SI crew these days, good that there is something like the editor for people who want to play with correct data.

vor 22 Stunden schrieb KI Heynckes:

Lol what a joke, your arrogance is really intriguing to say the least. If it was someone from another club you wouldn't care. With that argumentation you could basically never add any release clause because no manager or CEO will ever tell that publicly, most of the time they'll just lie to get some praise from the fans (Völler said Brandt has no release clause when he extended his contract, now he was transfered for a joke of a fee).

I mean, good for you, that you want to put your vanity over correct data, fits perfect to the rest of the SI crew these days, good that there is something like the editor for people who want to play with correct data.

Its not arrogance, we cant just act upon speculation. There are rumours that Haaland is already off to Arsenal, ManU, Bayern or Juve, journalists write a lot to generate clicks. Austrian journalists also claim that there is no release clause in his contract.

So please do understand, with something as important as release clauses, we, or I atleast, can only act upon hard facts. Speculations arent something we can consider really.

Am 11.11.2019 um 18:44 schrieb eaglesofse25:

Dalibor Velimirovic (16202417) has been playing a bit in the Rapid first team this season and should probably have a more appropriate CA/PA than at the moment, where he isn't even good enough to merit a chance in the first team squad

Velimirovic had his debut a long time after the release.
He was never in the first squad before. 
I am a Rapid Wien Supporter for a long time (since 1984) and think i know this club very good - he used his chance because of the injury from Grahovac.

This will get changed

Am 15.11.2019 um 11:09 schrieb fidelitywars:

Anyone think that the technical attributes of quite a few players in Austria have been graded a little harshly?

Most obvious example is Haaland; not suggesting he's Berbatov but 10 for dribbling and 9 for technique don't really represent the player i've seen this season. Has improved enormously in his ball skills; would have thought that 12/13 for both would be more representative - even a little harsh perhaps. Similarly, would rate his agility as higher than 11 by a point or 2 - dribbling really seems to have become a strong part of his game.

Szoboszlai is another; a subtle and precocious playmaker with excellent ball-striking ability but in FM, his strongest attributes are acceleration/pace/workrate, making him a very different type of footballer. Would a have all of those a point or 2 lower whilst his dribbling/finishing/flair/technique/composure could all be a point or 2 higher.

Otar Kiteishvili looks very underrated too - looks much stronger in dribbling/touch/technique/flair than he's credited with in-game.

Appreciate that this is a matter of opinion to an extent and that Haaland and Szoboszlai probably have very high potential ability ratings...but they seem very different player types in-game to IRL.

Whats your opinion about this @Alerion

@fidelitywars - it is sometimes not possible to have the same opinions about players. You see him like you have said, i see him like he is and maybe an other see him very different to our opinions.
Also if i raise some ponts with 2 points as you have said, his CA would grow up very much. Don´t forget, it is only a game and we try to do the players profile as good as possible and not to overraise them compared to other leagues and players.

I don´t know if you have ever helped as an Assistant Researcher but it is not as easy as some of you think.

Am 20.11.2019 um 21:00 schrieb KI Heynckes:

@Alerion is right and i second him.
Show me an official source where the clause is public. I am sure, you won´t find any

Am 20.11.2019 um 21:00 schrieb KI Heynckes:

just FYI, C.Freund just denied that a clause like this exists. This is also the reason why we wont add everything journalists talk, after all its their job to generate clicks, and they´ll do it with any means possible. I hope you understand now.

Am 24.11.2019 um 09:44 schrieb Fire_03:

Whats your opinion about this @Alerion

@fidelitywars - it is sometimes not possible to have the same opinions about players. You see him like you have said, i see him like he is and maybe an other see him very different to our opinions.
Also if i raise some ponts with 2 points as you have said, his CA would grow up very much. Don´t forget, it is only a game and we try to do the players profile as good as possible and not to overraise them compared to other leagues and players.

I don´t know if you have ever helped as an Assistant Researcher but it is not as easy as some of you think.

as @Fire_03 said, we cannot up some of the attributes because that would raise their CA. Even tho we have, and want to, create players as realistic as possible, we still have to act within the borders of FM, a game. While we respect everyone´s opinion and try to learn as much as possible from it, it is also not possible to please everyone. We´ll take your points into considerations, thanks for the feedback

On 27/11/2019 at 13:07, Alerion said:

as @Fire_03 said, we cannot up some of the attributes because that would raise their CA. Even tho we have, and want to, create players as realistic as possible, we still have to act within the borders of FM, a game. While we respect everyone´s opinion and try to learn as much as possible from it, it is also not possible to please everyone. We´ll take your points into considerations, thanks for the feedback

Hi.

I read what you write but when looking at the ratings the Salzburg players have, its clearly that they are wastly underrated. We are talking about a team coming to the semis in the EL last season and might go through (but probably not) from a really tough CL group this year. When seing Salzburg against top, top european opposition you see that the difference is not really big, but when looking at the database the difference is huge.

In database Salzburg has got 10 players CA 125 or better. Napoli, has got 31! players CA 125 or better. It seems like Napoli could play 3 different teams equal to Salzburg and we all know its not true, they have more than enough beating Salzburg with their best 11. Most RB Salzburg players in their best 11 should at least be upped with about 10 ca points each. Salzburg is not not among the 115 best teams in the game CA-wise. Their results in european football should of course put them way ahead of teams like Leeds, Krasnodar, Norwich, Celtic, Cagliari and Werder Bremen to mention some of the teams with higher CA than Salzburg.

Am 30.11.2019 um 17:24 schrieb Apaco:

Hi.

I read what you write but when looking at the ratings the Salzburg players have, its clearly that they are wastly underrated. We are talking about a team coming to the semis in the EL last season and might go through (but probably not) from a really tough CL group this year. When seing Salzburg against top, top european opposition you see that the difference is not really big, but when looking at the database the difference is huge.

In database Salzburg has got 10 players CA 125 or better. Napoli, has got 31! players CA 125 or better. It seems like Napoli could play 3 different teams equal to Salzburg and we all know its not true, they have more than enough beating Salzburg with their best 11. Most RB Salzburg players in their best 11 should at least be upped with about 10 ca points each. Salzburg is not not among the 115 best teams in the game CA-wise. Their results in european football should of course put them way ahead of teams like Leeds, Krasnodar, Norwich, Celtic, Cagliari and Werder Bremen to mention some of the teams with higher CA than Salzburg.

Again, its not just how they perform IRL, we also have to keep in mind other leagues/teams. Its really not as easy as "putting them up 10 CA each". We´ll take your complains into consideraton for the winter update tho, but just right now they have drawn to Admira Wacker Mödling. I think its the mentality and teamwork that puts them ahead in the EL/CL each year, because in the league they are not steamrolling like PSG does for example.

vor 18 Stunden schrieb KI Heynckes:

Lmao you must be kidding, he also denied that with Schlager and Samassekou and they transfered with release clauses in the end too, also he only said that a 30M clause only for Leipzig doesn't exist, not that no release clause exists. You are a joke of a research but thankfully everybody who wants a real and correct game can do editor files.

And you specifically asked for a 30M release clause for Leipzig, didnt you ? I can just tell you again, we do not implement anything based on pure speculation. But if you feel like you´d do a better job as researcher, go ahead and shoot me a PM so you can do my part next year, how does that sound ? :)

vor 19 Stunden schrieb Alerion:

And you specifically asked for a 30M release clause for Leipzig, didnt you ? I can just tell you again, we do not implement anything based on pure speculation. But if you feel like you´d do a better job as researcher, go ahead and shoot me a PM so you can do my part next year, how does that sound ? :)

No, you have to stay. Over and out :kriss:

On 24/11/2019 at 09:42, Fire_03 said:

Velimirovic had his debut a long time after the release.
He was never in the first squad before. 
I am a Rapid Wien Supporter for a long time (since 1984) and think i know this club very good - he used his chance because of the injury from Grahovac.

This will get changed

He played the whole of the derby against FAK on 1 September, and played well (hopefully you were enjoying the win too much to notice). Yes, he was playing because Grahovac was injured, but at the moment he isn't even good enough in-game to be considered when there's an injury crisis. 

Will be good to see it changed, I assume this will be the winter update?

Will probably have some thoughts concerning some Stadtliga stuff once someone has made it playable.

On 01/12/2019 at 19:00, Alerion said:

Again, its not just how they perform IRL, we also have to keep in mind other leagues/teams. Its really not as easy as "putting them up 10 CA each". We´ll take your complains into consideraton for the winter update tho, but just right now they have drawn to Admira Wacker Mödling. I think its the mentality and teamwork that puts them ahead in the EL/CL each year, because in the league they are not steamrolling like PSG does for example.

I really dont understand what you are talking about. Salzburg is rated as team number 116 in the database. Do you really feel that there is 115 better teams out there? And yes, they are quite superior in their league. If you are so unprofessional that one domnestic game is the reason you wont make them better, i am shocked. This season they have scored 59 goals in 16 matches in the Austrian league! PSG has 30 in 14....as an example (that you chose to use). I guess that is steamrolling.

The only team in Austria, even close to the level of Salzburg, is LASK. LASK is by the way also quite underrated in the game, this year they just eliminated PSV from EL, so they are not a bad team (by the way, PSV rated 76th in game, far better than Salzburg - LASK is rated 255...haha. 

Conclusion: There is far from 115 teams thats better than Salzburg in the world.

The teamwork/mentality arguement would be reasonable if there was like one or two matches they performed, but now it has been many. seasons now. 2018 they won their group in front of Marseille, eliminated Sociedad, Dortmund, Lazio and lost on extra time against Marseille.

Last year, won their group with 6 out of 6 victories in front of Celtic and RB Leipzig. Smashed Fenerbahce and lost closely to Napoli.

This year: Most scoring team in the group, smashed Genk over 2 games, draw home to Napoli and lost with one away to Liverpool and Napoli (two of the hardest stadiums in Europe).

These results over many years shows that Salzburg has got players in top european class. They are more like the 40th best team in the world, at least far from being the 116th team in the world. None of the teams in the game with CA around Salzburgs level are close to the results Salzburg have got.

vor 33 Minuten schrieb Apaco:

I really dont understand what you are talking about. Salzburg is rated as team number 116 in the database. Do you really feel that there is 115 better teams out there? And yes, they are quite superior in their league. If you are so unprofessional that one domnestic game is the reason you wont make them better, i am shocked. This season they have scored 59 goals in 16 matches in the Austrian league! PSG has 30 in 14....as an example (that you chose to use). I guess that is steamrolling.

The only team in Austria, even close to the level of Salzburg, is LASK. LASK is by the way also quite underrated in the game, this year they just eliminated PSV from EL, so they are not a bad team (by the way, PSV rated 76th in game, far better than Salzburg - LASK is rated 255...haha. 

Conclusion: There is far from 115 teams thats better than Salzburg in the world.

The teamwork/mentality arguement would be reasonable if there was like one or two matches they performed, but now it has been many. seasons now. 2018 they won their group in front of Marseille, eliminated Sociedad, Dortmund, Lazio and lost on extra time against Marseille.

Last year, won their group with 6 out of 6 victories in front of Celtic and RB Leipzig. Smashed Fenerbahce and lost closely to Napoli.

This year: Most scoring team in the group, smashed Genk over 2 games, draw home to Napoli and lost with one away to Liverpool and Napoli (two of the hardest stadiums in Europe).

These results over many years shows that Salzburg has got players in top european class. They are more like the 40th best team in the world, at least far from being the 116th team in the world. None of the teams in the game with CA around Salzburgs level are close to the results Salzburg have got.

I can only tell you again, its not as easy as raising the CA. What Salzburg does in the EL/CL is extraordinary, but its not the norm. And you also cant rate the international performances alone, you are trying to judge a team by 5 games !!! this season. And not only that, Salzburg has been atrocious against Napoli both times, the first half at Liverpool alwso showed why they arent rated higher, Liverpool just played them like an amateur team. Against Napoli they were lucky to not concede 4 or 5 in the first half alone. What you are doing is just taking the results into consideration which you should never do. This year they really only dominated Genk, and honestly, Genk really did not look ike a CL team either. Against Napoli and Liverpool they got 1 point so far, which shows how far behind they are besides their deadly counters and high tempo pressing. Everything else, including the defense, is very lackluster.

Also we had someone win the CL with the Salzburg squad in the first season with no additional transfers. The simulations had pleasent results both with international games and the leagues/nations coeff. 

Again, I can reall just push this as much, its not just "raise the CA of X player". There has to be balance within the league, other clubs on this level and the nations. Giving players like Haaland or Szobo more CA also has direct impact on their NT performances, their transfers and also their PA. The higher the CA, the higher the PA because a 19 year old is not 10 CA away from his end PA, right ?

So in conclusion, and this will be my last reasonable try to explain, Salzburg has failed to qualify for the CL for 13 years now, its their first season which they could still drop to the EL, they have one of the worst defenses in the CL and their star players had half a season of good performances. Yet you want them to be in the top 50 ? 

I am a Salzburg supporter IRL, i watch and analyse next to all games, even the ****** ones you dont even know they played, and I can tell you: within the GAME, they are fairly well rated. Simulations showed that too. Could we still do some tweaks here and there ? Sure. But we wont raise their CA rating by a massive CA boost because that doesnt work with the GAME and it wouldnt replicate them correctly.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Apaco:

@Apaco - please create a CA/PA list from RB Salzburg and LASK, how they should be in your opinion.

vor 4 Stunden schrieb eaglesofse25:

He played the whole of the derby against FAK on 1 September, and played well (hopefully you were enjoying the win too much to notice). Yes, he was playing because Grahovac was injured, but at the moment he isn't even good enough in-game to be considered when there's an injury crisis. 

Will be good to see it changed, I assume this will be the winter update?

Will probably have some thoughts concerning some Stadtliga stuff once someone has made it playable.

Thats why i have said, he played his first match after the lock. Also Arase and Ibrahimoglu aren´t good enough. Is also changed

Yes, every changes, will be in the winter update,

Tell me about your concerns in the Stadtliga - i am listening

Am 9.12.2019 um 14:16 schrieb McClane29:

Erling Haaland of Salzburg has been widely reported as having a £17m release clause in his contract.

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/erling-haaland-release-clause-man-utd-transfer-news-dortmund

Maybe correct, maybe not.
Please show me an official source about this clause - not a report from journalists.

Off topic: I really hope, this Haaland will leave Austria very soon. 
Look in this data issue thread - most of this is about Haaland.

Erling Håland's last name is wrongly spelled as "Haaland" in the game. Please change his first name to "Håland" and correct it in his full name as well.