Sports Interactive Community
Simon Tipple

[Belgium] Data Issues

Please post any data issues related to Belgium here.

As much of the data is subjective we’d ask that you respect everyone’s opinion and accept that the final decision is that of our club researchers and our heads of research.          

We also request you please adhere to the following three point plan when posting in the data topics:

·        State what you think is specifically wrong with a particular piece of data.              

·        State what you think the data should be.                            

·        State reasons/proof for your suggested corrections/improvements.                         

Please note that any non-data issues for Belgium should be posted in the appropriate thread within the League Specific Issues Forum. This would include issues such as league scheduling and league rules.

Jelle Bataille (KV Oostende) should have way better crossing than just 10, probably like 14 or 15. He's been constantly putting in inch perfect crosses all season so far and whoever the researcher for KV Oostende is should really know that, or they're doing a pretty bad job at researching this team.

Edited by Sebfromsusie

Belgian Pro League B team Union SG should be affiliated with Brighton, as they have the same owner and Brighton sends loan deals to Union (Percy Tau last year, Soufyan Ahannach this year).

33 minutes ago, Bennos said:

Kompany is player- trainer at Anderlecht, Vercauteren is the headcoach

Also, i wanted to play as Anderlecht , with Kompany in the team, but if i choose Anderlecht Kompany is gone. 

Hope to have him in my team in the final version, no problem if not. 

37 minutes ago, Bennos said:

Kompany is player- trainer at Anderlecht, Vercauteren is the headcoach

3 minutes ago, vantruien said:

Also, i wanted to play as Anderlecht , with Kompany in the team, but if i choose Anderlecht Kompany is gone. 

Hope to have him in my team in the final version, no problem if not. 

Cheers for raising that @Bennos.

This is one that we are already aware needs resolving. 

Nicolas Lombaerts (KV Oostende) should be in the reserves team, transfer-listed, "not needed" as squad status, his wage is only €19200/w, he was sold from Zenit for only 1.4M and Zenit have a buy-back clause of 1.4M on him.

Edited by Sebfromsusie

11 minutes ago, Sebfromsusie said:

Nicolas Lombaerts (KV Oostende) should be in the reserves team, transfer-listed, "not needed" as squad status, his wage is only €19200/w, he was sold from Zenit for only 1.4M and Zenit have a buy-back clause of 1.4M on him.

The majority of what you are asking for is not able to be set in data.

We will look into why this is happening in save games for you, and thanks for amending your message.

43 minutes ago, Ed Hewison said:

Cheers for raising that @Bennos.

This is one that we are already aware needs resolving. 

The problem is: Kompany is technically still 'manager'. He only as a different head coach. Both decide together on philopshy / tactics. Kompany still in charge of the long term planning. 

55 minutes ago, Spuddixx said:

Belgian Pro League B team Union SG should be affiliated with Brighton, as they have the same owner and Brighton sends loan deals to Union (Percy Tau last year, Soufyan Ahannach this year).

That should normally been sit, @Simon Tipple

2 hours ago, Sebfromsusie said:

Jelle Bataille (KV Oostende) should have way better crossing than just 10, probably like 14 or 15. He's been constantly putting in inch perfect crosses all season so far and whoever the researcher for KV Oostende is should really know that, or they're doing a pretty bad job at researching this team.

Problem is that most of the Oostende attributes were submitted very early in the season. We will try to get it changed. 

2 minutes ago, Sebfromsusie said:

One more thing, Andrew Hjulsager should not start with an injury.

Injuries are set in the database at the dates that they have happened. Game moves them forward. 

15 minutes ago, BelgianResearch said:

The problem is: Kompany is technically still 'manager'. He only as a different head coach. Both decide together on philopshy / tactics. Kompany still in charge of the long term planning. 

You'll get a lot of complaints if the setup is that Kompany is removed from the team when you select anderlecht as a team to manage

And at Anderlecht nobody is really clear about his role, they say one thing, but act differently… for now, Kompany is just a (very important influential / Dynamics) player and Vercauteren the coach (manager role ingame) I would say

Edited by DavyDepuydt1

8 minutes ago, DavyDepuydt1 said:

You'll get a lot of complaints if the setup is that Kompany is removed from the team when you select anderlecht as a team to manage

And at Anderlecht nobody is really clear about his role, they say one thing, but act differently… for now, Kompany is just a (very important influential / Dynamics) player and Vercauteren the coach (manager role ingame) I would say

It was even the case when he was still officially in charge of everything ... It would always have happened - not a database issue, rather a coding issue. 

Anyway, I am going to suggest to make him player/assistant-manager

8 minutes ago, Stijn De Vliegher said:

The Japanese players Jun Amano and Ryuta Koike are not in the squad of Lokeren. Is it possible to add them to the team?

I'm going to double check that one - both are in the database at Lokeren. Might be a licencing issue. 

Si on joue avec le RSC Anderlecht, Vincent KOMPANY se fait virer alors qu'il n'est pas entraînement. Il est juste manger / joueur. L'entraîneur est VERCAUTERE et non pas KOMPANY

2 hours ago, Spuddixx said:

1 hour ago, BelgianResearch said:

That should normally been sit, @Simon Tipple

It is set in the db, not sure why it's not displaying. 

That one has been logged - should be done in the official game. 

If you want to tell the KV Oostende researcher to contact me, I'd be happy to help them with anything needed. I also have a direct line of communication with multiple people in and around the club.

Hi,

It seems that there is a data issue if it comes to Vincent Komany and his role at Anderlecht.

Probably this is caused by the mass misreporting in England that Kompany was hired as the head coach for Anderlecht (which would even be illegal according to the Belgian FA rules).

He is however not and the season started with Kompany in the role of mentor/overseer of philosophy within the team. He was never the person that made subs during the game. This was Simon Davies (as head coach) at the beginning of this season. However Davies was recently replaced as Head coach by Franky Vercauteren. This move did not mean that Kompany left the club (like what would happen in game).

In Football Manager 2020 Vincent Kompany is wrongly assigned as HEAD Coach / Player. Now I can assume you might not have an exact role within the game for this sort of structure but at least make him a player/ assistant manager then. If a human player now joins Anderlecht as a head coach, Vincent Kompany leaves the club automatically. Something that is entirely unrealistic if we look at what happened just a few weeks ago. The Head coach Davies was demoted to coach, Vercauteren became head coach and Kompany is still around..

Could this please be fixed in a patch, not only is this entirely not how it is working in real life it is also frustrating for a lot of Belgian players that this is not working as it should.

Outside of that thanks for all the work on FM2020, can't wait to dig more into it!

-A Belgian Anderlecht and FM fan 

Not sure if this is the right place, but Union St.-Gilloise should start in the Belgian Cup 6th Round in 2019/2020 in place of KV Mechelen who were banned from the competition for one year

Sambi Lokonga from Anderlecht has to have a higher potential. Now it's 2,5 stars but should be at least 4 stars

I noticed while researching  RSC Anderlecht Nicolas Frutos doesn't seem to excist anymore. He is active as a scout, has some trainerskills in the previous games. Would be nice if I'm able to contract this ex-anderlechtplayer (and my favorite at the time) again in this game. Thanks!

Stadium Sponsor - anderlecht

Not sure how this normally works, but since it's called Lotto Arena now, shouldn't it say so at facilities - stadium sponsor?

Anderlecht - Affiliated Clubs

Charleroi is listed as an affiliated club - mutual friendship. I think that was very much the case with the old management, now it's the same as every other club I think.

It also says that playing in the same league will end the link, but that's already the case.

6 hours ago, BelgianResearch said:

I'm going to double check that one - both are in the database at Lokeren. Might be a licencing issue. 

Also, Junya Ito seems to be missing in game. Can't find him at KRC Genk or in the database.

5 hours ago, Makalele said:

Also, Junya Ito seems to be missing in game. Can't find him at KRC Genk or in the database.

Has to do with licensing of the Japanese league - I double check.

7 hours ago, TheShooter said:

I noticed while researching  RSC Anderlecht Nicolas Frutos doesn't seem to excist anymore. He is active as a scout, has some trainerskills in the previous games. Would be nice if I'm able to contract this ex-anderlechtplayer (and my favorite at the time) again in this game. Thanks!

He is still in the database, though. A larger database / adding the Argentina database might help.

10 hours ago, ElMariachi said:

Hi,

It seems that there is a data issue if it comes to Vincent Komany and his role at Anderlecht.

Probably this is caused by the mass misreporting in England that Kompany was hired as the head coach for Anderlecht (which would even be illegal according to the Belgian FA rules).

He is however not and the season started with Kompany in the role of mentor/overseer of philosophy within the team. He was never the person that made subs during the game. This was Simon Davies (as head coach) at the beginning of this season. However Davies was recently replaced as Head coach by Franky Vercauteren. This move did not mean that Kompany left the club (like what would happen in game).

In Football Manager 2020 Vincent Kompany is wrongly assigned as HEAD Coach / Player. Now I can assume you might not have an exact role within the game for this sort of structure but at least make him a player/ assistant manager then. If a human player now joins Anderlecht as a head coach, Vincent Kompany leaves the club automatically. Something that is entirely unrealistic if we look at what happened just a few weeks ago. The Head coach Davies was demoted to coach, Vercauteren became head coach and Kompany is still around..

Could this please be fixed in a patch, not only is this entirely not how it is working in real life it is also frustrating for a lot of Belgian players that this is not working as it should.

Outside of that thanks for all the work on FM2020, can't wait to dig more into it!

-A Belgian Anderlecht and FM fan 

It will definitely be fixed. We have suggested the player / assistant-role. 

7 hours ago, TheShooter said:

Anderlecht - Affiliated Clubs

Charleroi is listed as an affiliated club - mutual friendship. I think that was very much the case with the old management, now it's the same as every other club I think.

It also says that playing in the same league will end the link, but that's already the case.

9 hours ago, TheShooter said:

Stadium Sponsor - anderlecht

Not sure how this normally works, but since it's called Lotto Arena now, shouldn't it say so at facilities - stadium sponsor?

stadium is now called 'Lotto Park' 

It will definitely be fixed. We have suggested the player / assistant-role. 

I would suggest that Frank Vercauteren is a manager/technical director. So when you replace him as manager you'll still have him in the club. Thanks for your help btw!

Alexis Saelemaekers from Anderlecht is formed as an AMR winger. He also has the ability to play as AML (not mentioned now) en AMC. His attacking position right in defense is correct

Just now, Pietervdl said:

Alexis Saelemaekers from Anderlecht is formed as an AMR winger. He also has the ability to play as AML (not mentioned now) en AMC. His attacking position right in defense is correct

They have been added to the to-do-list. 

4 minutes ago, TheShooter said:

I would suggest that Frank Vercauteren is a manager/technical director. So when you replace him as manager you'll still have him in the club. Thanks for your help btw!

Marc Coucke doesn't make FM role life easy, does he?

4 minutes ago, BelgianResearch said:

Marc Coucke doesn't make FM role life easy, does he?

Every time he makes a decision I think 'those poor lads of FM...'. Here's to hoping he doesn't have any money left to fire some people ;)

1 minute ago, TheShooter said:

Every time he makes a decision I think 'those poor lads of FM...'. Here's to hoping he doesn't have any money left to fire some people ;)

If Lotto Park isn't approved as Stadium name, we might have to opt for The Marc Coucke Graveyard. 

Jeremy Doku from Anderlecht can also Play as AMR. Not his best position but he has to be able to develop as a goed AMR

Just now, Pietervdl said:

Jeremy Doku from Anderlecht can also Play as AMR. Not his best position but he has to be able to develop as a goed AMR

goed = good 😋

Antwerp staff :

Frédéric Leidgens is geen director maar team manager.

Sven Jaecques is geen scout maar technisch adviseur of sportief manager.

Data analyst is Stef Wils in plaats van Jerry Van Acker(niet meer op de club)

U21 : GK coach is Dries van Gils, nu staat er Dires .

U18 manager Alex Dierckx is al twee jaar weg , nu is dat Matthias Smet samen met Pieter-Jan Monteyne .

U18 goalkeeping coach Will van Meel is al meer dan zes jaar weg , nu is dat Dries van Gils samen met Werner Janssens  .

Als je nog een 'bekende' ex speler als coach zou willen toevoegen , dan is dat Chris De Witte (nu trainer U16).

If anybody wants to get involved in the research for FM2021, you can send an email to:

footballmanagerbe@gmail.com

All help is welcome. You can send mistakes / corrections to that address too.