Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
Simon Tipple

[England Premier Division] Data Issues

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, josipk said:

@josipk - yes, Nketiah's loan has been set in the database with a recall option for Arsenal; is this an issue, in-game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hundreds of players get praise from managers year in, year out and so that doesn't really influence the thinking. Some players will genuinely have the best spell of their careers before they turn 20. For others it will be after they turn 30.

- - -

When its coming to actual CA's and attribute numbers I would implore people to not focus on this too much. Every so often as Researchers we have instances where the attribute weightings change substantially, or a change in the philosophy towards rating players, or an observation is made league wide about a certain issue. Match Engine changes can necessitate a re-think of certain attributes because they now work in a different way. SI do always give us a heads up, but sometimes this does mean things change in a way not entirely organic to those who look at it on the outside. In some previous FM's it was possible a player could lose/gain a few CA points and not actually have any attributes change because of other changes elsewhere.

There's always multiple ways to reflect a player. There's an argument a player who fluffs a lot of his chances could be well represented by high finishing and low composure, or low finishing and high composure its how a researcher thinks and feels about in that situation is it a case of him losing his cool or being fairly calm and just lacking a good ability to strike the ball well. 

A lot of people won't realise the inevitable aspect of "power creep" as well that comes from a lot of the suggestions here. If suggestions are widely taken on board that A, B and C need improving, then that becomes a part of another persons argument that therefore X, Y and Z should be improved. With parity between the 6 now, another individual will come along and say that A, B and C should be ahead of X, Y and Z and so the cycle continues. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Pete Sottrel said:

@josipk - yes, Nketiah's loan has been set in the database with a recall option for Arsenal; is this an issue, in-game?

Cool, thanks :) 

No, just checking. I've only SEEN the beta so far, didn't pre-order ;) My social life shall live a few weeks more...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, george_nufc said:

Miguel Almiron's position in the Newcastle team has been right midfield in a flat 5-4-1 for the majority of the season, starting 8 games there, yet he's rated 'awkward' in this position. I feel as if he should be judged as at least 'competent' in right midfield.

His 13 finishing and 12 composure seem very suspect also as he can't he hit a barn door IRL, I think these should be nerfed to around the 10/11 mark.

He contributes very well defensively however, so I'd suggest a small buff to his work rate (15), stamina (14), tackling (6) and marking (5).

Source: https://www.whoscored.com/Players/303924/Show/Miguel-Almirón

Thanks @george_nufc - we noticed the positional anomalies, too, and have made changes that should help.  Thanks, too, for the Almiron attributes suggestions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Klopp spends a lot of time talking about how great certain young players will be. Some of them go on to get released by his club later that season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Broke Tottenham's record transfer fee paid and it said the former record was when they signed Ndombele from Reims and not Lyon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/11/2019 at 21:41, Dan Ormsby said:

Yep, I have requested Bellerin is set as vice-captain and there will be some leadership tweaking.  Thanks.

Good call. Here's the confirmation:

"I can remember how we did the process because last year the captains were Laurent Koscielny, Petr Cech, Aaron Ramsey and Nacho Monreal," said Emery. "They left the team, at the last moment as well, Koscielny. In that moment I decided, and also I used the characteristics to find a captain. After I started with Granit Xhaka because he has the quality to take the captain's responsibility. Then after the [Palace] issue, I decided it was better for him not to. Next in line is Aubameyang, the second after him is [Hector] Bellerin, third is [Alexandre] Lacazette and the fourth is Mesut Ozil."

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/xhaka-decided-against-arsenal-return-against-leicester-city-says-/1j4ky0zl4jtaf1u62tuts2dy66

(btw tierney will be my captain by the end of the season :) )

Edited by josipk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing I’ve noticed in the game is height being wrong, started a save with Liverpool and noticed a couple straight off the bat. Sepp Van Den Berg is listed 6’2 but is actually 6’4 and Kelleher is listed as 5’10 when he’s 6’2, these do make a difference as ideally you don’t want your prospect keeper to be the same height as your left back!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bheyes said:

One thing I’ve noticed in the game is height being wrong, started a save with Liverpool and noticed a couple straight off the bat. Sepp Van Den Berg is listed 6’2 but is actually 6’4 and Kelleher is listed as 5’10 when he’s 6’2, these do make a difference as ideally you don’t want your prospect keeper to be the same height as your left back!

Please see first post in the thread.

Van Den Berg height came from his previous clubs AR. Kelleher has already been mentioned and height changed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Onel Hernandez - Norwich

is Cuban, Does not play for cuba IRL due to the same nation rule the cuban national team has, however he has just received his first cap, whilst playing for Norwich.

This is most certainly a bug and must be addressed for everyone who likes to take charge of cuba national team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A few things I've notice.

 

1) Both Ashley Cole and Joe Cole are members of Chelsea's youth coach setup, but not on the game;

2) Players that are regulars in real life barely play for their teams and vice versa. Tammy Abraham, Scott McTominay, Hudson-Odio, Dan James, Andrea Pereira are examples of this. Yet Olivier Giroud, Pedro, Juan Mata, John Stones play pretty much every game, also Otamendi playing at right back instead of Kyle Walker! Gareth Bale playing every game for Real (needs to mirror James Rodriguez who doesn't play and is listed);

3) Injuries to Antonio Rudiger, N'Golo Kante, Andrea Christensen, Paul Pogba need adding. Whilst I know its difficult/impossible to implement 'future' Injuries, I think it would be more realistic for these player to be unavailable from the start than to simply have no injury at all;

4) Liverpool massively under perform, where as United and Arsenal over perform. Pretty much every save I have played, Arsenal and United are anywhere between 1st and 3rd, whilst Liverpool languish around 7th. On one save Arsenal thrashed Liverpool 7-2! I decided to restart the game to see how long it took till Liverpool beat Arsenal. It took 7 attempts, even then Arsenal were the better team having 23 shots to Liverpool's 11 and 55% of the possession. Whilst the possession stats are always close between the two, in recent times Liverpool always have more shots than Arsenal and tend to be the better team. I remember similar issues in FM19 with Man City under performing and Pep getting sacked pretty much every time after the first season. I know the argument is that it's simulation, but on that note it's something that keeps happening.

 

Great game as usual though :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi DDD,

Thx for the work on Liverpool db.

seems my reply wrongly on old topic, let me post again here.

Firstly VVD: he is the best defender in the world. a very good spot on his strength as he is not muscular. but his best strength is leading the defend. Every partner playing with him seems upgrade. Also, we see him doing excellent job in critical position to clean the ball both on crowd and on 1 on 1 situation. 

my suggestion: anticipation +2, position +2 decision +2 

Mo Salah:  in fact he waste many chance last season already and this season 10+ match he also not playing at peak. I understand it is difficult to serious downgrade, consider he is golden boot, but I think most of his gold is from salah good position play + team mate create space + penalty. he sometimes score some good goal but also he always shoot out of target.

my suggestion: shooting -2, dribbling +2

*some of our player first touch is not as good as we think, especially when under pressure, but I'm sure you watch a lot like me so I will leave it to you to consider. 

both WB:  I can see you continue upgrade our WB rating, but warm reminder, some merit should be go to Klopp as our tactical play release them unmarked and let them cross freely. So may be they are not as good as we think. (I dont have seen Robertson play international match, TAA also not play often)

 

Thx and keep on good work.

From Hong Kong 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, isignedupfornorealreason said:

Manchester United:

Mason Greenwood is white in game, but I'm pretty sure he's not white IRL. I saw it was raised in another forum as well, but it's a data issue yeah?

That reminds me. Apparently Zabaleta has also re-grown his hair on the beta 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, boothy82 said:

 Gareth Bale playing every game for Real (needs to mirror James Rodriguez who doesn't play and is listed);

Bale was playing before his injury with Wales in the last qualifiers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 31/10/2019 at 17:38, Spurs08 said:

Giovani Lo Celso's future fee is considerably lower than real-life reports have suggested, and there's no visible recording of a loan fee - is this definitely correct? It's also been reported IRL as either a compulsory fee or compulsory so long as Tottenham qualify for Europe (50/50 right now! :p ), but is showing as optional in-game.

Hi,

I haven't really touched Le Celso but I'll look into this.  It's definitely an option to buy and not compulsory.  From the Spurs website "We are delighted to announce that we have reached agreement for the season-long loan signing of Giovani Lo Celso from Real Betis Balompié with an option to make the transfer permanent.".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 31/10/2019 at 17:39, Spurs08 said:

Dele Alli is set to be out for 4-5 months when starting the game in June 2019 - in real life he was fit at this time and has not had any significant injury.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/dele-alli/verletzungen/spieler/207929

I'll investigate this.  He missed the first month of the season due to injury.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gijsvanboven said:
Engels
 


 

 

 

 

 

Michael Hector is still playing at Chelsea is leaving for Fulham on 1 January. In the game he is already at fulham, can it not be adjusted that he is at chelsea and that he will not leave for Fulham until 1 January?

 

https://www.transfermarkt.nl/michael-hector/profil/spieler/157490

Hector has already left Chelsea. He can't be registered by Fulham until Jan 1st but he's been training with them since the deal was agreed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/11/2019 at 03:13, artemshitov said:

Vorm has agreed playing time listed as Backup when he really is a literal emergency backup - emergency being Hugo getting long-term injury. He doesn't even get to the bench IRL.

Ndombele is a squad player in DB, but Spurs' record signing is meant to be a regular starter and has only missed two PL games so far due to injury, and a league cup game.

Vorm is travelling with the match day squads but didn't have a preseason.  He is also full time training with Spurs.

Ndombele was rated by the researcher at his previous club.  Where required I'll be making the adjustments in the winter DB release.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/11/2019 at 09:38, jwj0318 said:

Despite a record of the last few years consistently outstanding Performances, in this game. abilities of "SON" are not change a little.
Pace and acceleration in particular.....Can you tell me why?  

In a counter-attack, the most dangerous forward's pace ability is only 15?  Come on.... Think about it again.

Son is quick but he isn't really fast.  He looks fast in comparison to his Spurs colleagues because Spurs are generally a slow side.  When chasing back defending Son is often comfortably outpaced by opposition speedsters, even when the opposition players has the ball at their feet.  And 15 is fast.

In relation to his other stats I believe they reflect his ability level.  His CA is high.  In real life when Spurs were at their best Son often struggled to get into the starting XI unless others were injured.  In the current Spurs side, struggling for form, Son is getting more game time but he isn't exactly setting the world alight at the moment (along with the rest of his peers) and he is certainly playing no better than he did two or three seasons ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, swansongs said:

Bale was playing before his injury with Wales in the last qualifiers.

He's been in and out of the team all season. I think the most games he's played in a row is 3. Regardless of injury, he hasn't been a regular. Zidane doesn't rate him and that should be reflected in the game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bananahk said:

Hi DDD,

Thx for the work on Liverpool db.

seems my reply wrongly on old topic, let me post again here.

Firstly VVD: he is the best defender in the world. a very good spot on his strength as he is not muscular. but his best strength is leading the defend. Every partner playing with him seems upgrade. Also, we see him doing excellent job in critical position to clean the ball both on crowd and on 1 on 1 situation. 

my suggestion: anticipation +2, position +2 decision +2 

Mo Salah:  in fact he waste many chance last season already and this season 10+ match he also not playing at peak. I understand it is difficult to serious downgrade, consider he is golden boot, but I think most of his gold is from salah good position play + team mate create space + penalty. he sometimes score some good goal but also he always shoot out of target.

my suggestion: shooting -2, dribbling +2

*some of our player first touch is not as good as we think, especially when under pressure, but I'm sure you watch a lot like me so I will leave it to you to consider. 

both WB:  I can see you continue upgrade our WB rating, but warm reminder, some merit should be go to Klopp as our tactical play release them unmarked and let them cross freely. So may be they are not as good as we think. (I dont have seen Robertson play international match, TAA also not play often)

Thx and keep on good work.

From Hong Kong 

#freehk

Thanks for the compliment.

VVD has had a big jump in CA with attribute increase to match. I have just increased his Pace slightly too.

Salah does miss a lot but his goals and assists on on par with the last 3 seasons, plus he's had a slight decrease in his CA too.

TAA/Robertson - I would like to increase their CA even more but I have to adhere to the parameters laid out by SI. I agree with what you say about Klopp's use of them tactically.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Sean Blinkhorn Not sure if already noted mate, but Rodri has a Min Fee release clause in his contract.  Presume this is a left over from his time in the Spanish league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/11/2019 at 09:39, karanhsingh said:

Regarding the Raheem Sterling debtate, I have reached the end of October in my game, he has 1 goal and 1 assist from 10 games. Not under-rated?

To add to this debate, he scouts AMR as 5 stars and had 24 goals and 16 assists in my season with him so I think he's pretty well represented.  Scored the winner in the CL Final too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/11/2019 at 10:59, diddydaddydoddy said:

Having considered comments on here, I have asked for a few minor tweaks to be made to the Liverpool DB. These include; Kelleher's height, Salah's long shots, VVD's pace and Wijnaldum's stamina. So fingers crossed they'll make in into the game upon release.

 

Good man. Out of interest, what did you suggest for VvD’s pace and acceleration?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kasper Schmeichel's attributes have really needed a revision for a couple of years now. He could use a general upgrade, as he seems a bit underrated (he is not up there with the very best in the world, but compared to eg Lloris/Handanovic he should be better), and his current attributes does really not reflect neither his actual skill set or his goalkeeping style.

It looks like someone decided that he is a sweeper keeper and allocated the attributes to reflect that rather than his actual skill set in real life. He might have added some sweeping element to his game a few years ago, but it is in no way his defining feature, and the idea of him being a pretty fast guy with better sweeper skills than classic goalkeeping and handling skills doesn't make sense:   

- His pace and acceleration of 15 is clearly overrated, while his handling of 12 is really underrated. He is actually quite good at holding on to the ball, and his handling should probably be 16 or at least 15. And while he maybe isn't the slowest goalkeeper out there he is in no way among the fastest players neither at Leicester or in the Denmark squad.

- His composure and eccentricity is pretty far off as well. He is actually a really consistant keeper, and his mental attributes are generally underrated. They should be pretty high overall, and to reflect how extreme his winning mentality is, some of his hidden attributes could need an adjustment from last year (like a little lower sportsmanship and a little higher dirtyness). 

- The throwing of 16 makes me think someone confused him with his father. Peter was capable of hurling the ball halfway into the opponents half due to him playing handball as a kid, but it is really not a big element in Kasper's game. Kicking of 12 and passing of 8 on the other hand is a bit unkind considering his sidefoot volleys and general distribution.   

And it doesn't really stop there. It is overall hard to recognize the real life Kasper Schmeichel in the game, and it is really, really strange that the only change of his attributes from last year seems to be a downgrade of his decision and his agility. He is in general a very consistant, mentally fierce and reaction strong goalkeeper, who is just below the very best in the world. And he has no problem holding on to the ball. 

I tried to adjust his attributes in FM19 as shown on the screenshot. It leaves him with at CA of 160. And I don't think that is over the top compared to the top and subtop keepers in the game.

Skærmbillede 2019-11-09 kl. 21.48.19.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, boothy82 said:

4) Liverpool massively under perform, where as United and Arsenal over perform. Pretty much every save I have played, Arsenal and United are anywhere between 1st and 3rd, whilst Liverpool languish around 7th. On one save Arsenal thrashed Liverpool 7-2! I decided to restart the game to see how long it took till Liverpool beat Arsenal. It took 7 attempts, even then Arsenal were the better team having 23 shots to Liverpool's 11 and 55% of the possession. Whilst the possession stats are always close between the two, in recent times Liverpool always have more shots than Arsenal and tend to be the better team. I remember similar issues in FM19 with Man City under performing and Pep getting sacked pretty much every time after the first season. I know the argument is that it's simulation, but on that note it's something that keeps happening.

 

Liverpool won the league in the first season on my save, as well as getting to the CL Final two years in a row

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, damocles said:

Liverpool won the league in the first season on my save, as well as getting to the CL Final two years in a row

Just an observation I had, they're absolutely bobbins whenever I've played the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, troelsgf said:

Kasper Schmeichel's attributes have really needed a revision for a couple of years now. He could use a general upgrade, as he seems a bit underrated (he is not up there with the very best in the world, but compared to eg Lloris/Handanovic he should be better), and his current attributes does really not reflect neither his actual skill set or his goalkeeping style.

It looks like someone decided that he is a sweeper keeper and allocated the attributes to reflect that rather than his actual skill set in real life. He might have added some sweeping element to his game a few years ago, but it is in no way his defining feature, and the idea of him being a pretty fast guy with better sweeper skills than classic goalkeeping and handling skills doesn't make sense:   

- His pace and acceleration of 15 is clearly overrated, while his handling of 12 is really underrated. He is actually quite good at holding on to the ball, and his handling should probably be 16 or at least 15. And while he maybe isn't the slowest goalkeeper out there he is in no way among the fastest players neither at Leicester or in the Denmark squad.

- His composure and eccentricity is pretty far off as well. He is actually a really consistant keeper, and his mental attributes are generally underrated. They should be pretty high overall, and to reflect how extreme his winning mentality is, some of his hidden attributes could need an adjustment from last year (like a little lower sportsmanship and a little higher dirtyness). 

- The throwing of 16 makes me think someone confused him with his father. Peter was capable of hurling the ball halfway into the opponents half due to him playing handball as a kid, but it is really not a big element in Kasper's game. Kicking of 12 and passing of 8 on the other hand is a bit unkind considering his sidefoot volleys and general distribution.   

And it doesn't really stop there. It is overall hard to recognize the real life Kasper Schmeichel in the game, and it is really, really strange that the only change of his attributes from last year seems to be a downgrade of his decision and his agility. He is in general a very consistant, mentally fierce and reaction strong goalkeeper, who is just below the very best in the world. And he has no problem holding on to the ball. 

I tried to adjust his attributes in FM19 as shown on the screenshot. It leaves him with at CA of 160. And I don't think that is over the top compared to the top and subtop keepers in the game.

Skærmbillede 2019-11-09 kl. 21.48.19.jpg

I'd firstly like to say that I would never look to allocate attributes based on attributes ideal for certain in-game roles. Often I don't even have the game loaded to know what attributes are highlighted for each roles when I'm going through player stats. Each attribute is very much a personal decision based on my notes and general feelings from the past season and beyond, and of course cross-comparisons with other players in his position, mostly those he's competing with at Leicester.

The fact that his attributes have 'needed a revision' for a couple of years is nonsense because he's had changes in a lot of areas since then. You might recall in FM19 I reluctantly raised his CA to what I believe was 149, and this year he deservedly dropped down to his current level due to what was obviously a pretty poor season by his standards in 2018-19. 160 CA is an utterly ridiculous figure for a goalkeeper with blatantly obvious flaws.

Anyway, to your points  - I think Kasper is a goalkeeper who is pretty well suited to the 'sweeper keeper' role. In fact, when we were in the Championship he was very, very good at that sort of thing. Nowadays we don't really see it, but that's because what's required from him has changed, on the whole.

1) Pace and acceleration - that's fair enough. Those are probably attributes I overlook slightly to focus on his main goalkeeping attributes, and likely haven't changed much from the previous researcher.

2) Handling - 100% disagree with you, without a doubt. You would have to ask my dad just how many times I shout 'you could have caught that, Kasper' during a game. 16 is an elite number, and that is just not Kasper Schmeichel.

3) Eccentricity - I assume you'll have missed that he ran 40 yards from his goal line and then drilled a ball out to left back out of nowhere this evening, then? Composure is quite low at 9 yes, but this is a guy that can lose his head and indeed has dropped some howlers in pressure situations.

4) 'Mental attributes are generally underrated' doesn't really mean a great deal to me. 'Winning mentality' is surely extreme in most professional sportsmen. For the record, his dirtiness is a random attribute (we don't see enough either way from keepers in this respect) and his sportsmanship is 13. He can get grumpy but he's not partiularly unsportsmanlike.

5) The throwing attribute is about accuracy, not length. And he is very good at those quick counter attacking throws - check the one to Perez this evening, or to Fuchs for Vardy against United in Nov 2015 etc.

6) The fact you've mentioned his 'general distribution' being better than it is in-game is news to me, to be perfectly honest! Last season, it felt like we conceded chances every other week because he couldn't kick a ball straight. It seems ever since we were promoted, his kicking has been woefully inconsistent. I really cannot agree with you there whatsoever.

7) Agility at 13 and decisions at 12 are again not poor attributes. Decisions is an obvious downgrade choice given some of his more bizarre choices - whether that is standing one step out of position at every single direct free kick opportunity (again, how many times do I say 'if it's on target, it's in' throughout the season), or choosing the wrong ball from goal kicks/drop kicks.

-

Ultimately, I think you will find Kasper is a good player in the game, and one of Leicester's best at that. I can't have Kasper Schmeichel at a CA that would put him in the top 10-11 goalkeepers in the world, when I'd find it difficult to put him in the top 6-7 keepers in the Premier League. I never like to dismiss anyone's comments, but for me I really struggle to understand how anyone can, for instance, think Schmeichel is a goalkeeper with strong kicking/passing or handling ability. It's not even as if I have some kind of bias against him - I think he is a fantastic leader and a wonderful servant to the club, and one of the best in the division/world in some areas (particularly 1v1s and his reflexes).

I think Kasper has improved this season, too (he reckons he's lost a lot of weight in the last year or so), but it remains a small sample size and he does have patchy runs of form, so I will review in January at the earliest.

As always, though, thank you for your suggestions. In particular, I will note your observations on composure, pace/acceleration and bear your thoughts in mind on mental attributes.

Cheers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/11/2019 at 10:51, gazthestud said:

Hi Guys

After completed 4 season with mufc on fm2020beta, Harry Maguire considering he is the most expensive defender on earth today, stats are poor and plays like FM2019, also tried to sell him and he left for fenerbache on a free (unrealistic), i feel he is in his prime at 26, other than that i think everthing about the man utd squad was decent and true

In fairness, he was touch and go to start for England at the World Cup, had a decent tournament in a five man defence that covered his lack of pace, and then wasn’t that great last season for a Leicester team whose defence has improved since he left.

Leaving on a free is obviously unrealistic, but ability wise, he’s no world beater.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, troelsgf said:

Kasper Schmeichel's attributes have really needed a revision for a couple of years now. He could use a general upgrade, as he seems a bit underrated (he is not up there with the very best in the world, but compared to eg Lloris/Handanovic he should be better), and his current attributes does really not reflect neither his actual skill set or his goalkeeping style.

It looks like someone decided that he is a sweeper keeper and allocated the attributes to reflect that rather than his actual skill set in real life. He might have added some sweeping element to his game a few years ago, but it is in no way his defining feature, and the idea of him being a pretty fast guy with better sweeper skills than classic goalkeeping and handling skills doesn't make sense:   

- His pace and acceleration of 15 is clearly overrated, while his handling of 12 is really underrated. He is actually quite good at holding on to the ball, and his handling should probably be 16 or at least 15. And while he maybe isn't the slowest goalkeeper out there he is in no way among the fastest players neither at Leicester or in the Denmark squad.

- His composure and eccentricity is pretty far off as well. He is actually a really consistant keeper, and his mental attributes are generally underrated. They should be pretty high overall, and to reflect how extreme his winning mentality is, some of his hidden attributes could need an adjustment from last year (like a little lower sportsmanship and a little higher dirtyness). 

- The throwing of 16 makes me think someone confused him with his father. Peter was capable of hurling the ball halfway into the opponents half due to him playing handball as a kid, but it is really not a big element in Kasper's game. Kicking of 12 and passing of 8 on the other hand is a bit unkind considering his sidefoot volleys and general distribution.   

And it doesn't really stop there. It is overall hard to recognize the real life Kasper Schmeichel in the game, and it is really, really strange that the only change of his attributes from last year seems to be a downgrade of his decision and his agility. He is in general a very consistant, mentally fierce and reaction strong goalkeeper, who is just below the very best in the world. And he has no problem holding on to the ball. 

I tried to adjust his attributes in FM19 as shown on the screenshot. It leaves him with at CA of 160. And I don't think that is over the top compared to the top and subtop keepers in the game.

Skærmbillede 2019-11-09 kl. 21.48.19.jpg

I've discussed Schmeichel with @tomlcfc in the past and aired my views on specific attributes that could be increased (mainly mental ones IIRC - his mentality and attributes that increase his penalty saving skills in which he is oustanding).

In my personal opinion CA 149 is slightly too low, but 160 is over the top. I believe Danish media tend to overrate our own players when they are doing well (we see that with Christian Eriksen too, imo). I believe my own suggested adjustments made him around CA 154.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, boothy82 said:

Just an observation I had, they're absolutely bobbins whenever I've played the game.

Won the league with a record number of points and champions League in the first 2 seasons in my save!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/11/2019 at 15:09, autohoratio said:

I don't have a kit pack or any .edt files/etc and this is what the kits look like for me. Away and third kits are the wrong way around

image.thumb.png.db6092faa5d38c5a6cc89dda5a9fab52.png

Thank you @autohoratio. @Lucas @herne79 Attached is the above evidence as requested and screenshot from CPFC's online store showing the error.

418412872_Screenshot2019-11-03at21_52_21.thumb.png.50bf2086f0346d4d49caa21734038101.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/11/2019 at 10:04, GSevensM75 said:

Son is quick but he isn't really fast.  He looks fast in comparison to his Spurs colleagues because Spurs are generally a slow side.  When chasing back defending Son is often comfortably outpaced by opposition speedsters, even when the opposition players has the ball at their feet.  And 15 is fast.

In relation to his other stats I believe they reflect his ability level.  His CA is high.  In real life when Spurs were at their best Son often struggled to get into the starting XI unless others were injured.  In the current Spurs side, struggling for form, Son is getting more game time but he isn't exactly setting the world alight at the moment (along with the rest of his peers) and he is certainly playing no better than he did two or three seasons ago.

 I mean he was the only guy on top 30 list of ballon d'or last year with lloris and won player of the season picked by both the fans and spurs players- hard to think that he's the same as he was three years ago.

He was 8th in goals+assists per 90 min last year in the entire premier league. https://fbref.com/en/comps/9/1889/stats/2018-2019-Premier-League-Stats

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you to all the researchers for your hard work!

After seeing some criticism repeated around, I decided to simulate the first few seasons on full detail several times to see if I noticed it happening myself. A couple of quick points that I've seen others mention on this thread:

Man United do tend to start competing for titles very quickly (premier and champions league). However, they seem to be true to form in the 1st season. I think the problem is more that in the game, they have some good players and are just missing a few key ingredients that they are more than willing to splash the cash to get (buying 200 mill and spending 50 mill). This 200 mill is on top of their tendency to sign Milik in the 1st season and James Rodriguez on a free at the end. When you add the likes of another quality striker and cb to partner Maguire on top of that, they've got a good spine. Whether United in real life will spend the money to rebuild the team is up for debate. I've seen Arsenal do well as well for a random season but they seem to be more inconsistent so no issues there.

Moise Keane, while having received a large stat boost doesn't seem to run away with any scoring records. I think the issue is more that he tends to be the 1st choice striker where he has struggled to get into the team in real life. But he generally seems to score about 10-15 goals a season which doesn't feel unreasonable.

Edited by Cal585

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Norwich's record transfer received is incorrectly listed as Jacob Murphy to Leicester (see below) this should be James Maddison.

image.thumb.png.e723b65cd08e9e31b483ea92aaa513b4.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/11/2019 at 20:16, damocles said:

@Sean Blinkhorn Not sure if already noted mate, but Rodri has a Min Fee release clause in his contract.  Presume this is a left over from his time in the Spanish league.

Yeah It's one that we all missed but someone helpfully pointed it out on here a couple of weeks ago. Cheers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi

 

I have some Norwich Staff changes/Info below;

Pippa Bennett – Left Job

https://uk.linkedin.com/in/pippa-bennett-33ba53aa 

Nick Wilford – Chief Doctor

https://www.linkedin.com/in/nick-wilford-59b707a4/

Charles Cullen - 1st Team Sports Scientist

https://www.linkedin.com/in/charles-cullen-ascc-68017348/

Rhys Owen - 1st Team Sports Scientist

https://www.linkedin.com/in/rhys-owen-36278aa6/

Mariela Nisotaki now Scout heavily based on Analytical

https://www.linkedin.com/in/mariela-nisotaki-37987a87/

Chris Jones - Scout

https://www.linkedin.com/in/chris-jones-a10a2746/

Joao Jorge – U18 Physio

https://www.linkedin.com/in/joao-jorge-5495ab136/

Mark Simons – Scout

https://www.linkedin.com/in/marksimonsfitfaff/

Darren Kenton – U18 Coach

https://www.linkedin.com/in/darren-kenton-00b00310a/

Jack Richardson – U18 Sports Scientist

https://www.linkedin.com/in/jack-richardson-ab9144146/

Harry Louris – Scout

https://www.linkedin.com/in/harry-louris-6961358a/

Peter Skeels – Data Analyst

https://www.linkedin.com/in/peter-skeels/

Simon Arundel – U18 Physio

https://www.linkedin.com/in/simon-arundel-87169554/

Colin Suggett, Eddie Presland & Asa Hartford  – doubt still there as part of Ewan Chester’s Staffing

http://www.ex-canaries.co.uk/players/presland.htm

http://www.ex-canaries.co.uk/players/suggett.htm

http://www.ex-canaries.co.uk/players/hartford.htm

Robert Flanagan – has joined West Ham

https://www.linkedin.com/in/robert-flanagan-7226089/

Will Andrews – Left Job

https://www.linkedin.com/in/will-andrews-850a1189/?originalSubdomain=uk

Also another good page for the info provided;

https://trainingground.guru/staff-profiles/norwich-city-staff-profiles

Don't see this as a criticism as I think you guys do an awesome job but being a Norwich supporter I thought I would share .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...