Sports Interactive Community
Simon Tipple

[England Premier Division] Data Issues

35 minutes ago, Sean Blinkhorn said:

He's the U15 coach, which isn't a role that FM represents. Maybe he's been promoted since but I haven't seen him around.

I disagree.

I think that is the game giving you a rough estimate for a bad injury, as is, to be fair, that MEN article. Also as has been posted already; you have to put up with injuries sustained at those sort of times IRL I'm afraid.

Interesting point on 'Youth Coaches'.

It was suggested to be yesterday that James Morrison will be included as a YC at West Brom now he has retired.

14 minutes ago, lbowman6 said:

It was suggested to be yesterday that James Morrison will be included as a YC at West Brom now he has retired.

IIRC The 'Youth Coach' job title was previously used as a non-player history item to help show that a person had a previous role at a club lower than the U18 level that FM represents.

I'm unsure as to how we stand with setting this as a *current* job role, and how the game would react to that. I've always suspected that it leads to that person not being extracted, thus removing them from the game entirely. That doesn't seem like the best-case outcome to me.

If that's incorrect I have some work to do, as I have a large list of club staff that I use as a standby for if they ever get promoted U18+ :D

I'd echo the comments about Moise Keane, in game he is one one of the best strikers in the league attributes wise. Similar issue IMO with Mason Greenwood, the guy has no PL goals, and has only scored in senior football in the league cup and against a kahzakstan team in the Europa league, yet after just 6 months in game has 17 finishing, 15 free kicks, 15 dribbling, 13 long shots, 15 composure, I mean come on he has almost as good free kicks (only 1 less), same technique and better long shots than Ward-Prowse who scored 7 league goals last year the majority of which were free kicks and long shots.

I get hes a good prospect, but his CA is clearly too high to have better attributes than proven players at this level, he should hit those sort of stats after 2-3 decent seasons not after 10 games. 

22 minutes ago, tajj7 said:

I'd echo the comments about Moise Keane, in game he is one one of the best strikers in the league attributes wise. Similar issue IMO with Mason Greenwood, the guy has no PL goals, and has only scored in senior football in the league cup and against a kahzakstan team in the Europa league, yet after just 6 months in game has 17 finishing, 15 free kicks, 15 dribbling, 13 long shots, 15 composure, I mean come on he has almost as good free kicks (only 1 less), same technique and better long shots than Ward-Prowse who scored 7 league goals last year the majority of which were free kicks and long shots.

I get hes a good prospect, but his CA is clearly too high to have better attributes than proven players at this level, he should hit those sort of stats after 2-3 decent seasons not after 10 games. 

Without being near my FM at the moment, I'd put greenwood on a level with nketiah at arsenal. How is nketiah rated?

1 hour ago, lbowman6 said:

I meant an U18 coach in Morrison's case, not U16 or younger. Sorry for the confusion.

1 hour ago, Sean Blinkhorn said:

IIRC The 'Youth Coach' job title was previously used as a non-player history item to help show that a person had a previous role at a club lower than the U18 level that FM represents.

I'm unsure as to how we stand with setting this as a *current* job role, and how the game would react to that. I've always suspected that it leads to that person not being extracted, thus removing them from the game entirely. That doesn't seem like the best-case outcome to me.

If that's incorrect I have some work to do, as I have a large list of club staff that I use as a standby for if they ever get promoted U18+ :D

No need. We don't include U16s coaches at this time, that policy hasn't changed. We'd definitely have told you if it had!

On 04/11/2019 at 00:57, Simon Tipple said:

Dunk - Ok, I've tweaked up his Positioning back to 14, but dropped his Acceleration to 12. Not sure about the PPM, agree he does, but a PPM is something they do all the time, even when it might not be the best decision, and I'm not sure that would be right.

Webster - I've tweaked him very slightly which has let me boost his tackling to 14, which I think is fair from what I've seen. I'll reserve judgement for now on the rest.

Stephens - Funnily enough I'd actually removed that PPM earlier today!

Alzate - Natural Fitness is null at the moment so gets randomly generated. Player should generally only have one natural 20/20. His is AMC. I've got MC up to 19, but for now that's how I see it. I've tweaked him a bit more, and you should find he develops well in game too.

Propper - I've got his tackling up by reducing his Finishing/Long Shots, which to be fair have been very frustrating.

March - He did play as a very defensive wide midfielder last season but this season is his first actually starting as a wing back. Changing WBL from 14 to 15 changes his CA by 5 points, which is massive. He should be fine playing at WBL in the game with a 14. 

Connolly - I don't think he has played wide left? When we switch to the 3 up front it's Maupay who drops wide. Connolly already is rated higher than one of those two you've mentioned, and is slightly behind the other, so he's in good company. I've been tempted to add Looks to break offside trap, as he does, but he always comes deep too, so I don't think it works, as you'd lose that dropping in side to his game in FM. 

Maupay - That combination doesn't work as they're conflicting PPMs. In FM terms he will do both with neither set. PPMs are not an ability, but something the players tends to do, even if the manager doesn't want them too!

Trossard - Agree that he looks a great player, but he's already rated as one of our best and I think it's a little soon to be boosting his attributes. Especially all of those you've mentioned are quite highly rated so would really boost him a lot. I'd like to get his balance up now though, so will have a little tweak there to achieve that.

Roberts/Jenks/Longman - All have good CAs for their age. Give them time to develop.

Thanks for taking the time to listen to my suggestions and thanks for the the extra info above. 

Just re. Connelly, he played wide left for ROI U21's the last 2 matches before he called up to the senior squad.  Those were the matches that started McCarthy raving about him. He also played there a few times when Gyokeres was around in the U23's. Granted GyoKeres was more often than not the wide left of the two, but there was some alternating.

Sebastian Haller's stats are well below what they should be.

11 Heading ?

13 Finishing and his technique should be higher.

Dribbling shouldn't be 10 he's quite accomplished with his feet

Edited by Rockywhu

Martinelli isn't a -10 but a -85 at least he sure is. In the saves i created he never got more than 145 PA wich makes him just a fringe player for Arsenal. 

Just now, feche said:

Martinelli isn't a -10 but a -85 at least he sure is. In the saves i created he never got more than 145 PA wich makes him just a fringe player for Arsenal. 

Give Emery time, that'll make him a starter before long.

9 minutes ago, feche said:

Guys can we calm down on this please.  He's made an impressive start and is certainly putting 100% effort in unlike some of our squad, but it's too early to judge.  He's played a handful of games for the first team, against a woeful Nottingham Forest, Liverpool's youth team, a couple of bright cameo appearances in the league and a couple of European games against non-top level opposition.  Nketiah for instance has looked consistently incredible at youth level for club and country, scoring a stack of goals, but nobody is clamouring for him to have a massive PA and rightly so at this stage.  Martinelli is rated fairly at present.  If he's improved further and put in some more impressive performances for the first team by the time we do the next major FM update, then of course, I'll review his profile accordingly.  At the moment, his PA allows him in some saves to become a top level Premier League and international striker.  This is a fact.  Use the editor once the game is out if you think I'm wrong and it's affecting your enjoyment.

Southampton FC - this is all based on the official Southampton FC website: 

Will Smallbone has height set to 159cm but is actually 173cm according to Saints FC website (https://www.southamptonfc.com/first-team/will-smallbone - biography)

Kayne Ramsay has height set to 195cm but is actually 179cm (https://www.southamptonfc.com/first-team/kayne-ramsay - biography)

Jake Vokins has height set to 169cm but is actually 180cm (https://www.southamptonfc.com/first-team/jake-vokins - biography )

Dan N'Lundulu has height set to 189cm but is actually 180cm (https://www.southamptonfc.com/first-team/dan-nlundulu - biography)

On the game, BRANDON WILLIAMS (Manchester United defender) is 171cm tall. I am positive this is incorrect. By simply watching the games, he is evidently far taller. He is AT LEAST the same height as Mason Greenwood, who is 181cm on the game.

On Wikipedia, BRANDON WILLIAMS is listed at 183cm tall https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brandon_Williams_(footballer)

I sincerely hope this can be fixed. Thank you :)

Screenshot 2019-11-05 at 19.03.18.png

4 hours ago, Gripper said:

No need. We don't include U16s coaches at this time, that policy hasn't changed. We'd definitely have told you if it had!

can i ask why scouts knowledge of countries has gone?

Xhaka isnt captain anymore. Aubameyang and Ozil? should be the two now

Leadership 9 for Auba though...

35 minutes ago, feche said:

Xhaka isnt captain anymore. Aubameyang and Ozil? should be the two now

Leadership 9 for Auba though...

Bellerin or Lacazette more likely than Ozil. 

Arsenal researcher has already promised leadership stats changes in this thread. 

At Arsenal Martinelli's potential is only 2.5 stars which should be raised based on his performances. 

Colin Lewin has his previous period at Arsenal listed as being Head Physio until 2008, whereas it was 2018 when he was replaced. 

1 hour ago, nomeuu said:

Southampton FC - this is all based on the official Southampton FC website: 

Will Smallbone has height set to 159cm but is actually 173cm according to Saints FC website (https://www.southamptonfc.com/first-team/will-smallbone - biography)

Kayne Ramsay has height set to 195cm but is actually 179cm (https://www.southamptonfc.com/first-team/kayne-ramsay - biography)

Jake Vokins has height set to 169cm but is actually 180cm (https://www.southamptonfc.com/first-team/jake-vokins - biography )

Dan N'Lundulu has height set to 189cm but is actually 180cm (https://www.southamptonfc.com/first-team/dan-nlundulu - biography)

Some of those look highly dubious or outdated and don't pass the eye test, especially with N'Lundulu and Ramsay. For example, this was taken in April or May of this year, showing N'Lundulu is more than 1cm taller than Ramsay (he's 2nd in that row of 4, Ramsay is 3rd).

width=1920

And the doubts set in initially because you only have to look at Ramsay to know he's not 179cm (and definitely bigger than 69kg). Perspective is a tricky thing, but Wesley Hoedt is credited as 188cm, so Ramsay looks closer to that here, or at least midway between 179 and 188.

southampton-v-manchester-city-premier-le

All of which is to say that, even when clubs provide numbers, it's important to know when they were updated and to check whether they correlate with what you're looking at. If it doesn't add up, researchers can set a general range (Very Tall, Tall, Average, Short, Very Short) to offer guidance to the game, and although you sometimes end up with discrepancies (so in this example Ramsay has a taller generated height than N'Lundulu), they're a decent way of approaching tricky situations like this.

57 minutes ago, basqueliverpool said:

can i ask why scouts knowledge of countries has gone?

I have no idea what you are talking about. Which scouts' knowledge of which countries has "gone"?

10 minutes ago, Dan M said:

At Arsenal Martinelli's potential is only 2.5 stars which should be raised based on his performances. 

Colin Lewin has his previous period at Arsenal listed as being Head Physio until 2008, whereas it was 2018 when he was replaced. 

2.5 stars is not his potential ability from a data perspective.  That will be rating his potential ability against Aubameyang's current ability.  As I have previously said Martinelli is rated fairly and accurately for this moment in time and he has the potential to be a leading Premier League and international striker with the right guidance in some saves in game.  I won't be discussing anything further with Martinelli.

Good spot for Colin Lewin, is that a data entry thing @Pete Sottrel ?

14 minutes ago, iamstelam said:

Bellerin or Lacazette more likely than Ozil. 

Arsenal researcher has already promised leadership stats changes in this thread. 

Yep, I have requested Bellerin is set as vice-captain and there will be some leadership tweaking.  Thanks.

No idea if anyone has pointed this out but when a match was played Trent Alexander-Arnold had the correct number, 66, in the list of players but on his back in-game his number seems to be 56.

It seems weird for this to happen. Surely if he is listed at number 66 in the squad why doesn't that automatically mean that would show up as his shirt number in on field gfx?

Edited by Red till i'm dead

Can the wolves researcher review Patricio's CA? Please

He's not the best Portuguese goalkeeper in FM20, even though he's by far the best Portuguese goalkeeper (besides being the NT starter since long time)

@DaveAzzopardi

il y a 23 minutes, Gripper a dit :

I have no idea what you are talking about. Which scouts' knowledge of which countries has "gone"?

It’s something I raised in the transfers area (think it’s the same issue).

I think that country knowledge of scout set in the database isn’t showing ingame. The same scouts in FM19 have a lot more of country knowledge.

in FM20 they only have knowledge of the countries they played/manage in or the one associated to their nationality.

think of a scout of Man U that you set in the database to have knowledge of South Africa for example it won’t show ingame. At least that what I saw from the data I put ingame.

7 hours ago, Charlie Spliff said:

Re Wolves -

Ryan Jarvis is not at the club or in the academy

Callum Thompson is a RWB who can also play on the left, he played in that position for the u18's & now the u23's, never been a CM (at wolves).

Pascal Estrada is a CB (or has been since joining the academy), Todd Parker is a CM who played some games at CB

Hugo Lopes (known as Hugo Bueno) is a LWB

Hong Wan should have China & Malaysia as other nationalities

Owen Otasowie, Dongda He, Terry Taylor (who's a CM who has played as a CB), Taylor Perry, Joseph Joseph, Lewis Richards (who is eligible for Ireland & recently capped at u19 lvl) all signed pro deals on their 17th birthdays, Jed Abbey should still be young enough to play for the u18's at the start of the game.

Elliott Watt was at Preston before joining Wolves.

David Wang is on loan at EC Granollers in spain, he turned down a loan to famalicao

Thanks for this information.

Ryan Jarvis - Few pages still suggest he's at the club however not played for over a year so assume this is correct. I'll get him removed.

Callum Thompson, Estrada & Parker - Thanks, will get this amended.

Lopes - Thanks for this, bit strange as I knew he was signed as attacking midfielder type. He has been played LWB this season though so will get that sorted.

Wan - Thanks

Contracts - I'll get sorted thanks

Watt - I'll check on this one as he signed as he was turning pro so unsure if this will be added but will check.

Wang - Not sure why he's at Famalicao but again cheers!

on fm19 some scouts had knowledge of more countries then thye had worked in.  A bit like in real life. For example, kiko espinar also had knowledge of portugal as hes liverpools scout ofr spain and portugal. There was a lot more of these in the game. Now scouts are appearing with only knowledge of countries they have worked in. You could also set these in the editor as 'person' has knowledge of and pick the selected country. 

4 minutes ago, PandoraBox said:

Can the wolves researcher review Patricio's CA? Please

He's not the best Portuguese goalkeeper in FM20, even though he's by far the best Portuguese goalkeeper (besides being the NT starter since long time)

Which Portuguese GK is better in FM? I'm happy to have a look though.

Agora, DaveAzzopardi disse:

Which Portuguese GK is better in FM? I'm happy to have a look though.

Lyon's Anthony Lopes. I just posted on the french thread, take a look please.

How many people between the ones that are asking for Martinelli upgrade have seen him playing before this season? If you haven't, do you really think that less than 450 minutes are enough to call ''underrated'' the 4th (at least bewteen the top leagues, db 80k players) player born in 2001 with highest CA?

PS: the first is another Arsenal player

9 hours ago, tajj7 said:

He's quite raw irl and in a far worse team. It was like Iheancho scoring for Man city because of the players around him allowing him to score taps in. 

Meanwhile Haller has proven himself in the German league and has more goals in the Prem & poorer stats and worse heading than Kean?? 

Edited by Gripper
having to edit becauase this user is constantly making snide digs, in virtually every post.

39 minutes ago, DaveAzzopardi said:

Thanks for this information.

Ryan Jarvis - Few pages still suggest he's at the club however not played for over a year so assume this is correct. I'll get him removed.

Callum Thompson, Estrada & Parker - Thanks, will get this amended.

Lopes - Thanks for this, bit strange as I knew he was signed as attacking midfielder type. He has been played LWB this season though so will get that sorted.

Wan - Thanks

Contracts - I'll get sorted thanks

Watt - I'll check on this one as he signed as he was turning pro so unsure if this will be added but will check.

Wang - Not sure why he's at Famalicao but again cheers!

Hi,

No probs

Watt joined the under 18's from Preston on a 3yr deal originally, other players like Faisu Sangare, O'Shaugnessey have the clubs we took them from at youth lvl. just been watching the u23 game v blackpool in the leasing trophy & the bbc commentators were raving about him & that he was a former preston lad.

Btw Daniel Csoka came back from his loan at Dun Streda in July & has been playing in the u23 team & Jordan Graham is also back with the u23s (talk of failed int clearance at Plovdiv)

Owen Otasowie has been playing at CB for the u23's 

39 minutes ago, DaveAzzopardi said:

Paul Balsom (28110522) is the Head of Player Innovation at Leicester. This is translated in game as him being the Head of Sports Science with a secondary role of Chief Data Analyst. He has been in the role with Leicester since 2011, however he has also performed the same role for the Swedish National Team since 1998. I'm not sure if National Teams allow for these types of roles which is possibly why it has been left out of his bio and he is not listed as a member of staff with Sweden. However according to a recent podcast I listened to and his own LinkedIn page he has also done this work for OHL in Belgium. Again not sure if the game will allow a staff member to work for two separate clubs but it is probably a good shout to have Nigel Pearson as a favoured personnel as he is the reason he works for OHL and also Leicester.

Norwich City - nor sure if my earlier post about Stuart Webber was picked up, that he should be DOF not Technical Director - although maybe could have that as a secondary job.

https://www.canaries.co.uk/first-team-squad/Football-Staff/

The above states he looks after all aspects of player recruitment hence DOF although his offical role is Sporting Director

1 hour ago, PandoraBox said:

Lyon's Anthony Lopes. I just posted on the french thread, take a look please.

Just had a look and compared to two goalkeepers. Personally, I don't think there's much to change with Rui. Attributes are all where I'd want them to be IMO. 

Compared RP to the rest of the Premier League goalkeepers too and that's where I think they should be. I'm going to be keeping Rui as he is.

56 minutes ago, brookie1402 said:

Paul Balsom (28110522) is the Head of Player Innovation at Leicester. This is translated in game as him being the Head of Sports Science with a secondary role of Chief Data Analyst. He has been in the role with Leicester since 2011, however he has also performed the same role for the Swedish National Team since 1998. I'm not sure if National Teams allow for these types of roles which is possibly why it has been left out of his bio and he is not listed as a member of staff with Sweden. However according to a recent podcast I listened to and his own LinkedIn page he has also done this work for OHL in Belgium. Again not sure if the game will allow a staff member to work for two separate clubs but it is probably a good shout to have Nigel Pearson as a favoured personnel as he is the reason he works for OHL and also Leicester.

I also listened to this podcast on Sunday night, it was really interesting and he speaks very well on a lot of stuff on the club's past and future.

I've already noted to set Pearson as favoured personnel for the winter update - unfortunately I felt it was too insignificant to bother Pete with it at this late stage. I'll also add Swedish to his languages.

I thought hard over his job roles while listening to him speak. He mentions he is more in a consultancy role nowadays, and it is Andy Blake and Matt Reeves who really run each department (data and fitness/sports science respectively). He is set to part time, and he is ultimately still 'in charge' of that side of the club so I think best to leave him there for now. We also have head of football analytics Mladen Sormaz who he mentions as being key in the re-structure - he's with Blake as data analyst, I think that's the most accurate fit.

On Sweden, he has the role of Data Analyst on my latest file so that should be there in-game too, I'll check a save of mine in the morning to see if that's working as intended.

We did have him duplicated and at Leuven but he is no longer listed on their website and he doesn't really mention them in the podcast, which makes me think his role there has either ended, post-Pearson, or not very significant these days. As a result, he isn't on Leuven's books in the game.

Cheers!

Edited by tomlcfc

Some points about Burnley after looking at the rest of their squad 

McNeil - As stated before Crossing is the best part of his game, a minimum of 14 sounds much more reasonable to be honest (8 assists with 7 big chances created in the Premier League) and also should have a natural position as left midfielder as that is where he has played the majority of his games, a slight PA raise would also be recommended.

Barnes - Finishing of 13 seems on the low side, he is our main goal scorer and easily the best finisher in the squad but has 1 less Finishing than Chris Wood, 16 goals including this season and last (only 2 of which were headed). 

Tarkowski and Mee - Had the top 2 amount of blocks in the Prem last season, Mee also has the 2nd most blocks this season, I think a slight raise in Anticipation would replicate this better. Tarkowski has also shown a lot of tough tackling this year, I think a raise in Aggression could be contemplated. 

Wood - Mainly looks good, our whole system is based on his height so would like to see an upgrade in Strength and Jumping Reach but this would definitely be down to opinion.

Hendrick - A slight upgrade in Long Shots (Burnley fans know why) and also a Shoots From Distance PPM. He also can play as a right midfielder and often does.

Edited by Razz

I'm sure it's been mentioned before but James Milner having 16 for penalties is a curious decision. Unless it's based on how he looks taking them? Because there isn't another player on Earth I'd have take a penalty if my life depended on it. RARELY misses. Should be 19 because he has missed the odd one I'm sure. 

1 minute ago, ..Valhalla.. said:

I'm sure it's been mentioned before but James Milner having 16 for penalties is a curious decision. Unless it's based on how he looks taking them? Because there isn't another player on Earth I'd have take a penalty if my life depended on it. RARELY misses. Should be 19 because he has missed the odd one I'm sure. 

He's taken 34 and missed 5 in his career so an 85% success rate for anyone wanting stats. Includes shoot outs. And 3 of the misses were in 2009. In fact he only took penalties after 2009 when he joined Liverpool.

3 minutes ago, brookie1402 said:

He's taken 34 and missed 5 in his career so an 85% success rate for anyone wanting stats. Includes shoot outs. And 3 of the misses were in 2009. In fact he only took penalties after 2009 when he joined Liverpool.

So he's missed 2 in ten years? Pretty solid. 

4 hours ago, ParanoidBuddha said:

How many people between the ones that are asking for Martinelli upgrade have seen him playing before this season? If you haven't, do you really think that less than 450 minutes are enough to call ''underrated'' the 4th (at least bewteen the top leagues, db 80k players) player born in 2001 with highest CA?

PS: the first is another Arsenal player

I wouldn't mind if the likes of Mason Greenwood, whose done absolutely nothing as of yet, weren't rated as the next Ronaldos and already much better.

I don't really quibble too much about attributes in general as its subjective, but anyone who's seen him play must realise Martinelli should have sky-high workrate and determination, which he doesn't.

Edited by hazzabish

7 hours ago, Philip Rolfe said:

Perspective is a tricky thing, but Wesley Hoedt is credited as 188cm, so Ramsay looks closer to that here, or at least midway between 179 and 188.

southampton-v-manchester-city-premier-le

That's Jack Stephens in this picture NOT Wesley Hoedt...

6 hours ago, hazzabish said:

I wouldn't mind if the likes of Mason Greenwood, whose done absolutely nothing as of yet, weren't rated as the next Ronaldos and already much better.

I don't really quibble too much about attributes in general as its subjective, but anyone who's seen him play must realise Martinelli should have sky-high workrate and determination, which he doesn't.

Been a problem for a while! I remember Januzaj being a -10 and much better than Sterling despite big debates here.