Sports Interactive Community
Simon Tipple

[England Premier Division] Data Issues

1 hour ago, GPattle said:

Watford

Ben Wilmot's Home-Grown club should be Stevenage, he was at the club from age 14 to 18

https://www.stevenagefc.com/news/2018/may/ben-wilmot-signs-watford-record-fee-premier-league-defender-stevenage/

Have looked at Wilmot's profile in my file. Weirdly he's missing any entries for Watford in his player history, it just has lines for Stevenage 2016 and 2017 and Udinese 2018. Might be what's causing the issue, as his contract with Watford has his join date of May 2018 entered correctly.

edit: What also needs fixing is his history lists him as joining Stevenage on 01/07/2016 when that should be left blank for academy graduates. Thanks for the heads up.

Edited by swansongs

I think the Norwich ratings are definitely reasonable for the most part, with some potential issues. (I cannot access CA/PA stats, so I am judging purely from the individual stats and the star ratings which I understand may be inaccurate)

Possibly underrated:
Biggest issue for me is Ben Godfrey: He has been playing as a CB for the last year and both he and Farke have talked about seeing his future as a CB, not a DM. In addition, he also has shown leadership qualities this season, really stepping up after injuries to the nominal leaders Klose and Zimmerman, often being the commanding influence when the team is under pressure. I do believe that he should be perhaps 3.5* playing in the CB role given he is clearly one of the more talented players in the squad, though I know that the star rating is a combination of many factors. His leadership stat also seems very low at 8, could definitely be bumped up to at least 10, but there's an argument to be made for further increase.
Tim Krul is another who has perhaps received the short end of the stick as of now. I don't know if there are updates planned for him currently, but his 1v1 shot stopping has been immense even in comparison to other GK's in the Premier League this season. He has definitely made mistakes though, and I feel that perhaps his "decisions" or "concentration" stat could be lowered slightly to reflect that, whilst also raising his 1v1 and possibly his (already high to be fair) reflexes stat.
Amadou could use a boost to his versatility (particularly his CB rating) as he has shown a level of play as a CB perhaps not reflected in game. Other stats (particularly composure and heading/jumping) could be lowered to accomplish this if it would drastically affect his rating, as he has shown notable weaknesses in those areas.

Possibly overrated:
Grant Hanley. The man has been a walking disaster for the last two seasons. I don't know whether his individual stats are too high or not, but he definitely should be a step below the other CB's in the squad.
Dennis Srbeny has displayed very little quality in any of the appearances for us over the seasons he has been here. Particularly finishing and off the ball could do with being lower, he has been very ineffective in front of goal in his appearances. Flair is probably also too high, he hasn't shown any particular flair in the times I've seen. I realise his game time has been limited though so some of this must be a bit of guess work or taken from previous seasons.
Marco Stiepermann's finishing stat may also be too high given his woeful conversion rate this season, though last season he was much better in this regard...

All in all, there seems to be very few major issues with the Norwich squad, and if only Godfrey gets changed, I wouldn't feel aggrieved about the others.

I've flagged up that some of you think that Sterling is under-performing vs real life, but calling him under-rated in the game is untrue. He's one of the best players in the virtual PL. I think it would be more of a bug, if it is found to be the case.

Please believe that the man with the Raheem Sterling avatar does not under-rate Raheem Sterling.

1 hour ago, Logan1888 said:

Arsenal Issue

Kieran Tierney missing 15% sell on clause to Celtic

Can you link to a reputable report that demonstrates this exists?  Cheers

5 minutes ago, Dan Ormsby said:

Can you link to a reputable report that demonstrates this exists?  Cheers

According to the times, the record and the sun a sell on clause was agreed along with bonuses, dunno how reputable that is though

17 hours ago, iamstelam said:

Looking at a couple of Arsenal stats..

Sokratis' heading at 13 feels low, he's been very useful for us both attacking and defending set pieces in the last few seasons. 14 or 15 maybe?

Without seeing the exact figure it's hard to say, but I feel Rob Holding's max potential should be around the 4* mark. He of course may not reach it, but only half a star of growth left in him feels harsh.

Mustafi's positioning is very generous. He's always playing reactively and throwing in desperate tackles. This is reflected in his concentration perfectly, but the positioning should be brought down to a similar level.

Is there a trait for Maitland-Niles to be so laid back that he could be on a beach in the Seychelles?

Guendouzi's 15 Acceleration and 14 Pace could be nudged down slightly. He's not all that quick and can resort to fouling if he comes up against pace. See Zaha vs Palace as an example.

Xhaka's agility is for sure, too high. A lot of Arsenal fans' (pre-Palace) gripes with him is that he slows down the play far too much and turns slower than prime Mertesacker. Bring it down to a 9 or 10?

In my opinion Nicolas Pepe should have a bit of a higher rating in free kick taking. Admittedly he hasn't scored loads of them, but the two he scored in the Europa League were of a better quality than that of an 8 rating. I'd push him up to into parity with the likes of Xhaka and Lacazette who have 13 and 11 respectively.

Gabriel Martinelli could do with a bit of a boost in a few areas. Crossing, Finishing, Passing, Anticipation, Balance to name a few. Also a potential boost? He's a 2.5/3.5*. Lift that to a 3/4*? I can see how he has been hard to rate though, after coming from nowhere. He also just wears Martinelli on his shirt, not the full Gabriel Martinelli that comes up in the tactics screen.

Maybe a bit of a boost in leadership for Bellerin and Aubameyang. They're currently set at 4 and 6, and while I agree they've not shown amazing levels they could be in the range of say 9 - 11, based on other players in the squad.

Otherwise I'm very happy with the Arsenal ratings. The researcher has our lack of determination down to a tee and the personalities are spot on.

Thanks.  We're making some changes to leadership for a few players (both up for the two players you mention and one more, and also slightly down in a few cases) which will be included for the full release.  Pepe's free kick rating was inherited from the French HR, but it seems fair considering his conversion rate of direct free kicks up to the point it left his file.  However, he's clearly been putting some practice in and the two in the Europa League were blinders so we'll be putting his rating up in the light of that.  The other things you raise will be remaining the same for release, but I'll do a full review ahead of the next data update.

On ‎02‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 07:54, gandrasch said:

Özil being one of the two team leaders at Arsenal just feels wrong to me. Highly influential sure, but team leader probably not. 

Same with Mustafi. He's not highly influential. Bellerin would have to be highly instead. Also Pepe would have to be in Core Social Group B as well. 

(maybe this is something not related to the DB than I'm sorry for that). 

This isn't "set" as such by the data, but can be affected by certain attributes.  Ozil would have been a team leader as he was set as vice captain.  In the light of his current situation under Emery, I have now requested a change to Aubameyang as vice captain for FM.  As I replied to someone else, we've made a few adjustments to leadership ratings which will hopefully help here.

On ‎01‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 22:52, LLNDVS said:

Came here to report this, but already beaten to it. Lucassen is a difficult person to place as his real-life role isn't reflected in the game, but Knapper is the definitive 'loan manager'.

Thanks to you and the other poster that raised this, I have requested Knapper is set as loan manager.

7 hours ago, MarkBennett said:

Appreciate this is down to my personal perception but there are a few stats which seem inaccurate with Arsenal:

Hector Bellerin has a really low leadership stat

Gabriel Martinelli seems to have a very low potential ability.

Pepe Free Kick taking too,

Bellerin and Pepe will have changes ahead of release.  Martinelli has an accurate PA for what I have seen so far but of course he has been impressive.  Bear in mind any star ratings will be pitting him against Aubameyang who has a very high CA.  Martinelli will have a good chance of developing into a very good player in game, as in real life.

14 minutes ago, Dan Ormsby said:

Thanks.  We're making some changes to leadership for a few players (both up for the two players you mention and one more, and also slightly down in a few cases) which will be included for the full release.  Pepe's free kick rating was inherited from the French HR, but it seems fair considering his conversion rate of direct free kicks up to the point it left his file.  However, he's clearly been putting some practice in and the two in the Europa League were blinders so we'll be putting his rating up in the light of that.  The other things you raise will be remaining the same for release, but I'll do a full review ahead of the next data update.

Good to hear the Pepe and various  leadership stats are being looked at, and thanks for acknowledging the other points. 

How about Martinellis shirt name? Should be a relatively quick fix?

1 minute ago, iamstelam said:

How about Martinellis shirt name? Should be a relatively quick fix?

Sorry, yes, I have requested this too, thanks!

17 hours ago, Simon Tipple said:

Dunk - Ok, I've tweaked up his Positioning back to 14, but dropped his Acceleration to 12. Not sure about the PPM, agree he does, but a PPM is something they do all the time, even when it might not be the best decision, and I'm not sure that would be right.

Webster - I've tweaked him very slightly which has let me boost his tackling to 14, which I think is fair from what I've seen. I'll reserve judgement for now on the rest.

Stephens - Funnily enough I'd actually removed that PPM earlier today!

Alzate - Natural Fitness is null at the moment so gets randomly generated. Player should generally only have one natural 20/20. His is AMC. I've got MC up to 19, but for now that's how I see it. I've tweaked him a bit more, and you should find he develops well in game too.

Propper - I've got his tackling up by reducing his Finishing/Long Shots, which to be fair have been very frustrating.

March - He did play as a very defensive wide midfielder last season but this season is his first actually starting as a wing back. Changing WBL from 14 to 15 changes his CA by 5 points, which is massive. He should be fine playing at WBL in the game with a 14. 

Connolly - I don't think he has played wide left? When we switch to the 3 up front it's Maupay who drops wide. Connolly already is rated higher than one of those two you've mentioned, and is slightly behind the other, so he's in good company. I've been tempted to add Looks to break offside trap, as he does, but he always comes deep too, so I don't think it works, as you'd lose that dropping in side to his game in FM. 

Maupay - That combination doesn't work as they're conflicting PPMs. In FM terms he will do both with neither set. PPMs are not an ability, but something the players tends to do, even if the manager doesn't want them too!

Trossard - Agree that he looks a great player, but he's already rated as one of our best and I think it's a little soon to be boosting his attributes. Especially all of those you've mentioned are quite highly rated so would really boost him a lot. I'd like to get his balance up now though, so will have a little tweak there to achieve that.

Roberts/Jenks/Longman - All have good CAs for their age. Give them time to develop.

@Simon Tipple Really enjoyed the detailed back and forth on the Albion players and must say I think this is the most accurate depiction of the squad we've ever had and was delighted to see Connolly and Alzate's tweaks. Great work.

One thing I would like to raise though is staffing....

Both Bruno and Sidwell are free agents as the game starts - can we not get them associated with the Albion?

No option for Winstanley or Ashworth to find/initiate incoming transfers - annoyingly can only be delegated to the board which really doesn't reflect the recruitment.

Also we have been led to believe that Mooy and Knockaert are both very much loan to permanent deals so would have thought at least an option to buy would be realistic if not an obligation (especially knockaert)

Edited by seagull84

4 hours ago, swansongs said:

Have looked at Wilmot's profile in my file. Weirdly he's missing any entries for Watford in his player history, it just has lines for Stevenage 2016 and 2017 and Udinese 2018. Might be what's causing the issue, as his contract with Watford has his join date of May 2018 entered correctly.

edit: What also needs fixing is his history lists him as joining Stevenage on 01/07/2016 when that should be left blank for academy graduates. Thanks for the heads up.

I have fixed that already - I looked up Wilmot and amended it when I saw the issue posted in here.

@LewParsonsAVFC

Hi Lew, some thoughts on the AVFC first team players...

Tom Heaton: Command of area too high, seems to be stuck on his line most the time, excellent shot stopper though so maybe reflexes a little low.

Guilbert: Bang on, especially positioning 10 as he does seem to out of position badly a couple times a game.

Engels: Bang on.

Mings: Attributes bang except for leadership which I would rate very highly, Southgate has commented on this as a key strength he sees in Mings. I did wonder if some PPM could be added for his passing i.e. switches ball to other flank, that long diagonal is a signature move in particular. 

Targett: He's no Usian Bolt but 10 pace seems harsh. Plenty slower full backs out there i.e. Creswell at West Ham with higher pace. Finishing and Long shorts are better IRL I suspect given his goal vs Brighton and the faith the team had in him taking a free kick in the same game.

Luiz: No complaints, maybe long shots up a bit? 

Marvellous: Tackling and Anticipation of 14 seems low, but broadly on point.

McGinn: Better dribbler than 13 I would suggest, rarely loses the ball and goes on a lot of dribbles IRL https://twitter.com/Other14The/status/1189181722362908674/photo/1. Also an extremely good tackler, one of the highest in the league so far this year. https://www.premierleague.com/stats/top/players/total_tackle

Trez: Not seen enough to comment 

Grealish: Quickness stats seem low, particularly acceleration. Whilst his top speed may be lower than some elite players his initial burst of pace gets him past players consistently, as Wesley's Arsenal goal exemplifies. Passing and Vision seem a couple points off too as his chance creation stats suggest.

El Ghazi: Only issue here is quickness, he is more 16 acc, 15 pace IMO. Very surprised at the 13/14 in game.

Wesley: He is bad at heading, I wish he wasn't but he is. 16 is generous I reckon. He is a little quicker than given credit for, seen clips of him in full flow for Brugge, where he looked lightening quick, not really seen it for Villa yet though tbf. 

Others: Davis seems very poor in game,poor finisher sure, but his hold up play is fantastic, very strong physically. As a side note I don't think his injury is as bad as suggested.  Lansbury, looks like he hasn't been updated in a while, pace of 15 well generous, but better technically than given credit for. Hourihane: 12/11 quickness generous, better free kick/corner/long shots/technique than represented in game though.

Be interested to see what you think. 

Cheers. 

Edited by Rags89

5 hours ago, swansongs said:

Premier League teams? Don't think so to be honest. Wouldn't be a regular for a lot of Championship teams, either, based on what I've seen.

How much have you seen him? I've seen him on MUTV several times for U18s and U23s, plus his appearances for the first team this season. He'd walk into the vast majority of Championship teams and a few Premier League teams. Give him a year in the Championship, and I'd see him on par with Tammy Abraham as he is now. In my save, United sold Martial at the end of the season, and promoted Greenwood to first choice striker, with Rashford playing AML.

6 minutes ago, Scotty Walds said:

How much have you seen him? I've seen him on MUTV several times for U18s and U23s, plus his appearances for the first team this season. He'd walk into the vast majority of Championship teams and a few Premier League teams. Give him a year in the Championship, and I'd see him on par with Tammy Abraham as he is now. In my save, United sold Martial at the end of the season, and promoted Greenwood to first choice striker, with Rashford playing AML.

I'm not sure he would at 18 to be honest.

7 hours ago, paddypower said:

It's not a specific player or attribute, it's wholesale across the squad. In your test runs how have Man Utd been performing? If they have been higher than mid table then it's not realistic. You shouldn't be comparing them against City and Liverpool, they should be compared to Arsenal, Wolves, Everton, and Leicester etc. 

Which can be completely random in a small sample, Man City have ran away with the league in both of the 1 season games i have played so far still means relatively little unless i simulate a whole bunch of seasons to check the results.

When you look at the first choice 11 on paper, it's still a top 6 team, but life is a little more complex than having a star studded squad, just ask PSG and Real Madrid.

20 minutes ago, Scotty Walds said:

United's u23s were in the division below Swansea's last season so I didn't see much of him in development football, no.

I have few issues about ratings Adama Traore need higher work rate, second Virgil Van Dijk need more upgrades he is 2 levels above every other defender this rating are not realistic for him put him 20 on Determination and will be allright his value price need to go above 70 milions, next are comparision with Griezman he is not on Aguero Mane and Salah level but are rated much better he was fine player in Atletico Madrid with 20 goals in liga but now he need to go bellow this 3 stars someone need to change ratings to Aguero finishing 19 composure 18, Mane need better heading and work rate, Salah need better comoposure

Edited by Alen99K

Lewis Cook's PA is higher than the likes of Bruno Fernandes, Youri Tielemans, Dele Alli and countless other midfielders who've shown a heck of a lot more potential. 

He's 22 now and I think he's had the same PA for the last 3 FMs. Not sure what he's done to justify it? 

1 minute ago, Deano565 said:

Lewis Cook's PA is higher than the likes of Bruno Fernandes, Youri Tielemans, Dele Alli and countless other midfielders who've shown a heck of a lot more potential. 

He's 22 now and I think he's had the same PA for the last 3 FMs. Not sure what he's done to justify it? 

There is an argument for leaving players PA as it was originally estimated when their CA means that it is effectively not reachable during a career, except in exceptionally lucky circumstances. Especially when that player has had significant injury absences stunting their development. 

Dele Alli peaked at 21.

22 minutes ago, swansongs said:

United's u23s were in the division below Swansea's last season so I didn't see much of him in development football, no.

He was arguably the best youth player in the country last year, certainly the best of his age group. His goal record was ridiculous and he was winning games on his own - 30 goals and 12 assists in 32 games across U18s, U19s, U23s and first team last season as a first year scholar. The year before he played U18s as an U16 and scored 17 in 21 with 6 assists. His all-round game is good as well, far better than a lot of players his age. Consistently the best player on the pitch at youth level, positive first team substitute impacts against PSG and Arsenal and then was Utd's best player against Cardiff. 

He's now starting to show glimpses of what he was doing at youth level in the first team - see the goal in pre-season against Inter Milan, the ones he scored against Astana and Rochdale. The Abraham comparison may be a bit OTT but he'd comfortably play Championship football and for most teams in the lower half of the Premier League. 

1 hour ago, Dorsal said:

Man United's loan manager is Les Parry, not Nicky Butt - https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/les-parry-the-inside-track-with-man-utd-loan-arranger

Butt is in a First Team Development role, not sure how that translates on the game, maybe a Technical Director?

Seeking clarification on this because while Parry is definitely loans manager, the role in the database is ‘Head of Player Development’, which seems to fit Butt’s role well (especially given that Parry has stated/indicated in interviews that Butt plays the key role in deciding who to loan out and what sort of loan they need. 

23 minutes ago, Alen99K said:

I have few issues about ratings Adama Traore need higher work rate, second Virgil Van Dijk need more upgrades he is 2 levels above every other defender this rating are not realistic for him put him 20 on Determination and will be allright his value price need to go above 70 milions, next are comparision with Griezman he is not on Aguero Mane and Salah level but are rated much better he was fine player in Atletico Madrid with 20 goals in liga but now he need to go bellow this 3 stars someone need to change ratings to Aguero finishing 19 composure 18, Mane need better heading and work rate, Salah need better comoposure

Do take the time to read the opening post of this thread which states that:

As much of the data is subjective we’d ask that you respect everyone’s opinion and accept that the final decision is that of our club researchers and our heads of research.          

We also request you please adhere to the following three point plan when posting in the data topics:

·        State what you think is specifically wrong with a particular piece of data.              

·        State what you think the data should be.                            

·        State reasons/proof for your suggested corrections/improvements.         

Most of what you're saying is not backed up with any kind of evidence.

Additionally, the Liverpool researcher in this very thread has said that Van Dijk will be tweaked for the full-game, so let's wait and see on that. You may not know it, but value and star level are not set by researchers but worked by the game depending on a multitude of factors, so can't really be changed unless one or more of those factors are pinpointed. 

As a Liverpool supporter myself, I don't think Salah's composure needs to be tweaked. He's not infallible in front of goal. I would tend to agree that Mane's heading needs tweaking, though it's not majorly off, either.

7 minutes ago, swansongs said:

There is an argument for leaving players PA as it was originally estimated when their CA means that it is effectively not reachable during a career, except in exceptionally lucky circumstances. Especially when that player has had significant injury absences stunting their development. 

Dele Alli peaked at 21.

So why have the likes of Kingsley Coman, Naby Keita and Gelson Martins had their PAs reduced, at the same age?

Alli's peak (so far) was 21 but there is nothing to say he won't/can't meet those levels again. 

Cook has never shown anything like the potential of any of those listed, yet has a higher PA than them all.

There should be a burden of proof for assigning a world class PA, rather than just adopting that as the default position for a player who was overrated several years ago and has been injured/not pulled up trees for most of the time since. 

7 minutes ago, metal_guitarist said:

The Abraham comparison may be a bit OTT but he'd comfortably play Championship football and for most teams in the lower half of the Premier League. 

Why's he not starting for United, then?

Just now, Deano565 said:

So why have the likes of Kingsley Coman, Naby Keita and Gelson Martins had their PAs reduced, at the same age?

Alli's peak (so far) was 21 but there is nothing to say he won't/can't meet those levels again. 

Cook has never shown anything like the potential of any of those listed, yet has a higher PA than them all.

There should be a burden of proof for assigning a world class PA, rather than just adopting that as the default position for a player who was overrated several years ago and has been injured/not pulled up trees for most of the time since. 

Different researchers do things differently. I change players PA all the time. But usually only when I've seen them play a run of games.

2 minutes ago, swansongs said:

Why's he not starting for United, then?

We've been playing 4-2-3-1 and Rashford is ahead of him in the pecking order as Martial's back-up for the striker position, and when we have played 2 up top Dan James has been preferred because of his pace on the break and pressing ability. There's also a lot of competition in the wide positions. He's scored in 2 of his 3 starts, when he's come off the bench he's affected the game - the run and shot against Southampton that was well saved, hit the post against Bournemouth and against Partizan for example.

To the person that mentioned Martinelli in the Arsenal thread I'd like to reiterate that he needs a big upgrade, this kid looks like a TOP talent, in my opinion has to be a wonderkid in the game at a high level.

Have people seen the Klopp quotes about him?

Here's a couple of links and a few quotes from each...

https://metro.co.uk/2019/11/01/jurgen-klopp-hails-arsenal-youngster-gabriel-martinelli-talent-century-11022987/

"Martinelli’s pretty much the same age but he’s a talent of the century, he’s an incredible striker, so it’s really difficult." - Klopp

https://metro.co.uk/2019/11/04/jurgen-klopp-praises-edu-unearthing-unbelievable-arsenal-starlet-gabriel-martinelli-11041497/

Asked about his remarks regarding Martinelli, Klopp told Brazilian television show Esporte Interativo: ‘It was not in this game only. I watch a lot of football, so I saw the Europa League games of Arsenal. ADVERTISING ‘He’s 18 years old, right? So our scouting department is all over the world and stuff like this, but I think Edu gets all the credit for that signing – he came from… wherever.

‘He’s really unbelievable. So young, looks so mature already, is a proper threat. Yeah, he looks like a really decent player. ‘But I didn’t want to put any backpack [pressure] on his back with this thing [his earlier remarks] but I just really like good football players and obviously he’s a very good one.’

That's from a top manager, add to the fact he's started off with a bang, 7 in 7 I think, not to mention 2 against Liverpool.  He's showing world class potential, there's some attributes in the game in particular that should be looked at upgrading of his, these are finishing, heading, penalty taking, anticipation, composure, determination, leadership, off the ball and strength to name some.

Hope that helps.

Edited by Ras

After 20+ hours with my Liverpool load, generally the players are underrated.

Alisson -  As one of the best keeper in the world, the traditional data about the keeper is pretty low: 15 Handling, 15 Throwing (A lot of counter attack starts from his throwing in real games), 13 Vision,14 Aerial Reach.

Van Dijk - Although key attributes are good, at least deserves some 19+ like Positioning and Decisions.

Andrew Robertson - Overall underrated. He doesn't miss any match because of injury, but Fitness is 16 only, and Stamina is 17 who can rush whole 90 minutes. 16 Crossing is not a 10+ assistant performance, and those defence attributes should have some above 15, where currently only tackling is 15.

Joe Gomez - CA is overrated. He doesn't perform as good as data shows.

Joel Matip - Most key attributes are around 15, but he deserves a little improvement as he is an important squad player.

Georginio Wijnaldum - Same as Robertson that he doesn't miss any matches with full 90 minutes passion, Stamina is 14 only. 12 in Aggression is bit lower as he is aggressive. All other mental attributes deserve +1 as he is a great blue collar.

Ox-Chamberlain - He scores a bit long shoots but he is rated 13 about it. The database says his attributes are 153/158, but PA should be higher to 165 as he is talent to make greater impacts in the future, especially after the huge injury.

Divock Origi - 13 Finishing... Kidding me? 158PA is the same as Ox?

Mo Salah - A rebalance is recommend that Mo is playing forward rather than wings at this time. Higher Strength (current 14), Balance (current 17), Aggression (current 10), and Teamwork (current 13) are suggest that he plays the first touch from back in most times. 

Sadio Mane - Overalls are good, but I feel he deserves more...

Finally, let me complain about Son Heung-Min. He need a huge improvement in all sectors to match his brilliant performance.

14 hours ago, Sean Blinkhorn said:

I've flagged up that some of you think that Sterling is under-performing vs real life, but calling him under-rated in the game is untrue. He's one of the best players in the virtual PL. I think it would be more of a bug, if it is found to be the case.

Please believe that the man with the Raheem Sterling avatar does not under-rate Raheem Sterling.

Maybe the under-performance is down to issues with how AML/R positions are playing right now, but I still don't see why his finishing attributes are so much worse off than Salah & Mane. 

Also his CA is lower than them too, again it should definitely be on par! 

10 hours ago, Alen99K said:

Please read the first post in the thread

9 hours ago, isignedupfornorealreason said:

Huh? The way I read it he's pointing out that the Liverpool (2019) medal is counting twice. :)

That's how I read his post but he's not totally clear. In the Liverpool DB under Salah it does say Runner-up in 18 and Winner in 19

2 hours ago, kopite1 said:

After 20+ hours with my Liverpool load, generally the players are underrated.

Alisson -  As one of the best keeper in the world, the traditional data about the keeper is pretty low: 15 Handling, 15 Throwing (A lot of counter attack starts from his throwing in real games), 13 Vision,14 Aerial Reach.

Van Dijk - Although key attributes are good, at least deserves some 19+ like Positioning and Decisions.

Andrew Robertson - Overall underrated. He doesn't miss any match because of injury, but Fitness is 16 only, and Stamina is 17 who can rush whole 90 minutes. 16 Crossing is not a 10+ assistant performance, and those defence attributes should have some above 15, where currently only tackling is 15.

Joe Gomez - CA is overrated. He doesn't perform as good as data shows.

Joel Matip - Most key attributes are around 15, but he deserves a little improvement as he is an important squad player.

Georginio Wijnaldum - Same as Robertson that he doesn't miss any matches with full 90 minutes passion, Stamina is 14 only. 12 in Aggression is bit lower as he is aggressive. All other mental attributes deserve +1 as he is a great blue collar.

Ox-Chamberlain - He scores a bit long shoots but he is rated 13 about it. The database says his attributes are 153/158, but PA should be higher to 165 as he is talent to make greater impacts in the future, especially after the huge injury.

Divock Origi - 13 Finishing... Kidding me? 158PA is the same as Ox?

Mo Salah - A rebalance is recommend that Mo is playing forward rather than wings at this time. Higher Strength (current 14), Balance (current 17), Aggression (current 10), and Teamwork (current 13) are suggest that he plays the first touch from back in most times. 

Sadio Mane - Overalls are good, but I feel he deserves more...

Finally, let me complain about Son Heung-Min. He need a huge improvement in all sectors to match his brilliant performance.

With respect, a few pointers regards your post...

Please read the first post in the thread, 

You feel the players are underrated - I'm unsure if you are referring to how they are in the game or in real life, you're basing your opinion on. If its the former then that could simply depend on your tactics. In the game for me, I am actually pleased how realistic they seem in terms of number of wins, goals scored/conceded and many of the individual performances/stats too. This includes soak tests and my own tactics.

For a lot of your other comments...Researchers are given parameters in which to work under for their respective teams - otherwise each player would get 20/20 for each attribute. There is a fine balancing act to ensure realism V parameters. Ideally I would like both Robbo and TAA improved more for instance.

I've not really changed Alisson from the end of last season when he was probably the best in the world. He's been injured this season, so I don't see why there is need for a change.

VVD, Matip, Wijnladum and Mane (in particular) have all had increases from last season.

Gomez before he was injured last season was excellent alongside VVD. So far this season he has been indifferent if that trend continues then I will be looking at him again for the next DB period.

Ox/Origi - are not prolific by any stretch of the imagination. Both have scored a few key goals this season but not enough of a sample to change any scoring attributes with.

Salah - I'm not sure I understand your point if you could expand on it.

16 hours ago, seagull84 said:

@Simon Tipple Really enjoyed the detailed back and forth on the Albion players and must say I think this is the most accurate depiction of the squad we've ever had and was delighted to see Connolly and Alzate's tweaks. Great work.

One thing I would like to raise though is staffing....

Both Bruno and Sidwell are free agents as the game starts - can we not get them associated with the Albion?

No option for Winstanley or Ashworth to find/initiate incoming transfers - annoyingly can only be delegated to the board which really doesn't reflect the recruitment.

Also we have been led to believe that Mooy and Knockaert are both very much loan to permanent deals so would have thought at least an option to buy would be realistic if not an obligation (especially knockaert)

Thanks, appreciate the feedback.

Good shout re Bruno. I didn't originally add him as it wasn't clear quite how much he'd be involved with the first team but given he seems to be pictured at every training session and is on the bench for every match I think it's fair to add him as a first team coach. We can't have Sidwell unfortunately as he's working with age groups below those we represent in game.

I wasn't aware that the game wouldn't let you delegate that task to the Technical Director or Chief Scout, that sounds like a bug to me and would probably be worth reporting in the Transfers, Contracts, Scouting and Staff Responsibilities forum.

I'm not aware of the Mooy deal being a loan to buy. Do you have any sources for that one? Knockaert does have an option to buy with Fulham, valued at £6m. I believe it was reported that the overall fee would be £10m if they signed him permanently, or £4m for the season if they didn't, hence we have the £4m loan fee in there. I agree it's assumed they will take up that option but I don't think we should force it when it's not official confirmed in reality.

5 hours ago, Ras said:

To the person that mentioned Martinelli in the Arsenal thread I'd like to reiterate that he needs a big upgrade, this kid looks like a TOP talent, in my opinion has to be a wonderkid in the game at a high level.

Have people seen the Klopp quotes about him?

Here's a couple of links and a few quotes from each...

https://metro.co.uk/2019/11/01/jurgen-klopp-hails-arsenal-youngster-gabriel-martinelli-talent-century-11022987/

"Martinelli’s pretty much the same age but he’s a talent of the century, he’s an incredible striker, so it’s really difficult." - Klopp

https://metro.co.uk/2019/11/04/jurgen-klopp-praises-edu-unearthing-unbelievable-arsenal-starlet-gabriel-martinelli-11041497/

Asked about his remarks regarding Martinelli, Klopp told Brazilian television show Esporte Interativo: ‘It was not in this game only. I watch a lot of football, so I saw the Europa League games of Arsenal. ADVERTISING ‘He’s 18 years old, right? So our scouting department is all over the world and stuff like this, but I think Edu gets all the credit for that signing – he came from… wherever.

‘He’s really unbelievable. So young, looks so mature already, is a proper threat. Yeah, he looks like a really decent player. ‘But I didn’t want to put any backpack [pressure] on his back with this thing [his earlier remarks] but I just really like good football players and obviously he’s a very good one.’

That's from a top manager, add to the fact he's started off with a bang, 7 in 7 I think, not to mention 2 against Liverpool.  He's showing world class potential, there's some attributes in the game in particular that should be looked at upgrading of his, these are finishing, heading, penalty taking, anticipation, composure, determination, leadership, off the ball and strength to name some.

Hope that helps.

Hi Gabriel, 

I'll do a full review of your profile for the update in early 2020.  Keep up the good work, you're doing great but you need to keep striving to reach the next level.  Last thing I want is to give you a -10 and for you to get complacent.  You gotta earn that high PA with consistent performances and noted improvement over a few months.

Cheers!

Dan

29 minutes ago, lbowman6 said:

Ryan Semple who is in game is a Youth Coach at Man CIty

https://www.linkedin.com/in/ryan-semple-9725454b/

He's the U15 coach, which isn't a role that FM represents. Maybe he's been promoted since but I haven't seen him around.

5 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

Maybe the under-performance is down to issues with how AML/R positions are playing right now, but I still don't see why his finishing attributes are so much worse off than Salah & Mane. 

Also his CA is lower than them too, again it should definitely be on par! 

I disagree.

2 hours ago, KieranMCFC said:

I think that is the game giving you a rough estimate for a bad injury, as is, to be fair, that MEN article. Also as has been posted already; you have to put up with injuries sustained at those sort of times IRL I'm afraid.

1 hour ago, Simon Tipple said:

Thanks, appreciate the feedback.

Good shout re Bruno. I didn't originally add him as it wasn't clear quite how much he'd be involved with the first team but given he seems to be pictured at every training session and is on the bench for every match I think it's fair to add him as a first team coach. We can't have Sidwell unfortunately as he's working with age groups below those we represent in game.

I wasn't aware that the game wouldn't let you delegate that task to the Technical Director or Chief Scout, that sounds like a bug to me and would probably be worth reporting in the Transfers, Contracts, Scouting and Staff Responsibilities forum.

I'm not aware of the Mooy deal being a loan to buy. Do you have any sources for that one? Knockaert does have an option to buy with Fulham, valued at £6m. I believe it was reported that the overall fee would be £10m if they signed him permanently, or £4m for the season if they didn't, hence we have the £4m loan fee in there. I agree it's assumed they will take up that option but I don't think we should force it when it's not official confirmed in reality.

@Simon Tipple

Thanks for the response, and great that Bruno will be added. I'll report the delegation thing.

I've linked the Argus article below,  "asked whether Mooy could sign more permanently Potter said 'yes, that's the nature of the deal'" 

https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/17914713.aaron-mooy-told-permanent-deal-won---gets-chance/

Not exactly hard proof, but as much as these things are ever disclosed I would say there would be at least an option in there. Would make more sense of the loan deal as a whole too.

5 minutes ago, seagull84 said:

@Simon Tipple

Thanks for the response, and great that Bruno will be added. I'll report the delegation thing.

I've linked the Argus article below,  "asked whether Mooy could sign more permanently Potter said 'yes, that's the nature of the deal'" 

https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/17914713.aaron-mooy-told-permanent-deal-won---gets-chance/

Not exactly hard proof, but as much as these things are ever disclosed I would say there would be at least an option in there. Would make more sense of the loan deal as a whole too.

I'd personally read that as we could go in with a bid next summer, rather than there is a fee already agreed that we can take up. I wouldn't have thought it would be too difficult to sign him in game next summer.

Re Wolves -

Ryan Jarvis is not at the club or in the academy

Callum Thompson is a RWB who can also play on the left, he played in that position for the u18's & now the u23's, never been a CM (at wolves).

Pascal Estrada is a CB (or has been since joining the academy), Todd Parker is a CM who played some games at CB

Hugo Lopes (known as Hugo Bueno) is a LWB

Hong Wan should have China & Malaysia as other nationalities

Owen Otasowie, Dongda He, Terry Taylor (who's a CM who has played as a CB), Taylor Perry, Joseph Joseph, Lewis Richards (who is eligible for Ireland & recently capped at u19 lvl) all signed pro deals on their 17th birthdays, Jed Abbey should still be young enough to play for the u18's at the start of the game.

Elliott Watt was at Preston before joining Wolves.

David Wang is on loan at EC Granollers in spain, he turned down a loan to famalicao