Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
Simon Tipple

[England Premier Division] Data Issues

Recommended Posts

Can we please get a JG creativity buff when possible? 

 

Best wishes, A sad Aston Villa fan. 

Carries ending in chances created
Player Total carries Carries ending in a chance created
Jack Grealish (Aston Villa) 260 17
Raheem Sterling (Manchester City) 218 14
Kevin de Bruyne (Manchester City) 201 12
Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool) 212 11
Adama Traore (Wolverhampton Wanderers) 204 11
Gerard Deulofeu (Watford) 188 10
Riyad Mahrez (Manchester City) 142 10
Felipe Anderson (West Ham United) 225 9
Christian Pulisic (Chelsea) 132 9

Image

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rags89 said:

Can we please get a JG creativity buff when possible? 

 

Best wishes, A sad Aston Villa fan. 

Carries ending in chances created
Player Total carries Carries ending in a chance created
Jack Grealish (Aston Villa) 260 17
Raheem Sterling (Manchester City) 218 14
Kevin de Bruyne (Manchester City) 201 12
Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool) 212 11
Adama Traore (Wolverhampton Wanderers) 204 11
Gerard Deulofeu (Watford) 188 10
Riyad Mahrez (Manchester City) 142 10
Felipe Anderson (West Ham United) 225 9
Christian Pulisic (Chelsea) 132 9

Image

 

 

 

Evening mate,

Thanks for the post regarding Grealish, unfortunately mate I’m quite happy with his attributes at the start of the game. I will point out that his potential ability is high, and at the start of the game in my save for example he is wanted by the top four teams. He is in great form at the minute and I love him to bits but I don’t want that to cloud a genuine judgement on his attributes and comparing with other players. Don’t get me wrong though if he carries on this form and gets the England call up I think he deserves I will look at updates for the attributes come the January update. But at the moment I’m quite happy.

From an understanding Villa Fan and Researcher! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/11/2019 at 00:07, tomlcfc said:

I'd firstly like to say that I would never look to allocate attributes based on attributes ideal for certain in-game roles. Often I don't even have the game loaded to know what attributes are highlighted for each roles when I'm going through player stats. Each attribute is very much a personal decision based on my notes and general feelings from the past season and beyond, and of course cross-comparisons with other players in his position, mostly those he's competing with at Leicester.

The fact that his attributes have 'needed a revision' for a couple of years is nonsense because he's had changes in a lot of areas since then. You might recall in FM19 I reluctantly raised his CA to what I believe was 149, and this year he deservedly dropped down to his current level due to what was obviously a pretty poor season by his standards in 2018-19. 160 CA is an utterly ridiculous figure for a goalkeeper with blatantly obvious flaws.

Anyway, to your points  - I think Kasper is a goalkeeper who is pretty well suited to the 'sweeper keeper' role. In fact, when we were in the Championship he was very, very good at that sort of thing. Nowadays we don't really see it, but that's because what's required from him has changed, on the whole.

1) Pace and acceleration - that's fair enough. Those are probably attributes I overlook slightly to focus on his main goalkeeping attributes, and likely haven't changed much from the previous researcher.

2) Handling - 100% disagree with you, without a doubt. You would have to ask my dad just how many times I shout 'you could have caught that, Kasper' during a game. 16 is an elite number, and that is just not Kasper Schmeichel.

3) Eccentricity - I assume you'll have missed that he ran 40 yards from his goal line and then drilled a ball out to left back out of nowhere this evening, then? Composure is quite low at 9 yes, but this is a guy that can lose his head and indeed has dropped some howlers in pressure situations.

4) 'Mental attributes are generally underrated' doesn't really mean a great deal to me. 'Winning mentality' is surely extreme in most professional sportsmen. For the record, his dirtiness is a random attribute (we don't see enough either way from keepers in this respect) and his sportsmanship is 13. He can get grumpy but he's not partiularly unsportsmanlike.

5) The throwing attribute is about accuracy, not length. And he is very good at those quick counter attacking throws - check the one to Perez this evening, or to Fuchs for Vardy against United in Nov 2015 etc.

6) The fact you've mentioned his 'general distribution' being better than it is in-game is news to me, to be perfectly honest! Last season, it felt like we conceded chances every other week because he couldn't kick a ball straight. It seems ever since we were promoted, his kicking has been woefully inconsistent. I really cannot agree with you there whatsoever.

7) Agility at 13 and decisions at 12 are again not poor attributes. Decisions is an obvious downgrade choice given some of his more bizarre choices - whether that is standing one step out of position at every single direct free kick opportunity (again, how many times do I say 'if it's on target, it's in' throughout the season), or choosing the wrong ball from goal kicks/drop kicks.

-

Ultimately, I think you will find Kasper is a good player in the game, and one of Leicester's best at that. I can't have Kasper Schmeichel at a CA that would put him in the top 10-11 goalkeepers in the world, when I'd find it difficult to put him in the top 6-7 keepers in the Premier League. I never like to dismiss anyone's comments, but for me I really struggle to understand how anyone can, for instance, think Schmeichel is a goalkeeper with strong kicking/passing or handling ability. It's not even as if I have some kind of bias against him - I think he is a fantastic leader and a wonderful servant to the club, and one of the best in the division/world in some areas (particularly 1v1s and his reflexes).

I think Kasper has improved this season, too (he reckons he's lost a lot of weight in the last year or so), but it remains a small sample size and he does have patchy runs of form, so I will review in January at the earliest.

As always, though, thank you for your suggestions. In particular, I will note your observations on composure, pace/acceleration and bear your thoughts in mind on mental attributes.

Cheers!

 

Thanks for the replies @tomlcfc and @Nørbæk: I know you might not agree with everything, but it is really cool how you show, that you listen to feedback and address it!

I have misunderstood the Throwing attribute, so also thank you for clearing that up. His agility and decision are also not the attributes that I am most up in arms over, neither his kicking. But even though you think, that he has the capability to loose his head, a single digit composure still seems very low to me. 

And with regard to the handling attribute I have done a little comparison with the rest of the Premier League: I just started a save, and there are 65 goalkeepers in the 20 First Team Squads at the beginning: 

- Only three out of 65 goalkeepers in the Premier League first team squads have lower handling than Kasper Schmeichel, and they are the third choices of Arsenal, Watford and Aston Villa (handling of 11, 11 and 10 respectively).  

- Of the seven goalkeepers with a handling of 12, Kasper Schmeichel is the only first choice goalkeeper. The average handling attribute of the other 19 first choice goalkeepers is 15.0.

- Goalkeeping does of course boil down to more than your ability to hold on to the ball, but it is also a pretty essential attribute. And according to my save (realising that not all attributes are fixed), Kasper Schmeichel is poorer at handling than 54 of 65 goalkeepers in the Premier League - including second and third choices and a few guys out on loan. That does also seem a bit harsh by comparison in my view, even if we have different opinions of whether it is a strength or a weakness in his game.    

A handling of 16 would put him in the top 8 in handling among the first choice keepers, while 15 would put him in a big middle group of seven first choice keepers. I don't think the former would be overly generous from my own expression of him - and I recognize that others might think differently, and I cannot at all claim to have followed him and Leicester as close as regular fans of the club. But as a fellow Dane and former youth level goalkeeper (btw, thanks to FM for the far too many years I figured in the database back in the 00's) I do watch him as much as possibly. And I would have had to miss a lot of spilled balls to think, that an average handling attribute for at first choice PL-keeper was out of order. 

I do of course recognize, that a player would have to show progress in a certain attribute for some time for FM to update the database: A guy like Granit Xhaka would have to show momentous progress for a very long time to convince me and probably a few other Arsenal followers, that his agility and positioning (among others) shouldn't be in the single digits. But Kasper Schmeichel is a goalkeeper who has been evolving his game a lot even in his 30's - and it is really suprising for me to hear him discribed as a goalkeeper with blatantly obvious flaws today. 

But also interesting to find out how different he is viewed. I will keep an extra close look on him too to see, if I'm just overrating him due to national pride.

Cheers!  

 

 

 

PL keepers.pdf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/11/2019 at 05:02, HyunJoonUtd said:

Hi, I’m wondering why SI and Sega are underestimating Man City Youth Players in FM2020 Mobile. They don’t even have Taylor Harwood Bellis, Gavin Bazunu, Adria Bernabe... Plz add them in the Winter Roaster Update without deleting Eric Garcia, Finley Burns, Tommy Doyle and etc Youth Players. Also I notice the Updated hidden stats for other Players but Tommy Doyle still has ‘Afraid of big matches’ stats... Plz fix that as well becuz he played really well during his debut... I also hope that you don’t make Taylor Harwood Bellis **** as well.. He also has played really well on his debut match. So I hope you guys get to this issue quickly. Thx

@HyunJoonUtd, thanks for your post.  All the players that you have mentioned are rated highly.  FM2020 Mobile, by necessity, does not have the same capacity for data as FM for PC.  The game has to make decisions about which players not too include.  Doyle's "Important Matches" rating has not been set in the database, as it is too early in his fledgling career to set it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/11/2019 at 00:16, v.d.Moon said:

You still sure about Brandon Williams being 172 cm? Daniel James is 168 according to the game (170 cm though when I googled)

Chong 185 in the db, Greenwood 181 and McTominay 194... Based on this pic from today I'd say there should be a lot of tweaking.

 

EKP14WeWkAAJ2Y6?format=jpg&name=4096x409

edit: Well actually almost whole squad is ****ed up. Phil Jones 72 kg? WTF, Lingard 62 kg? Must be more. etc, etc...

to be fair, @v.d.Moon, I don't believe that I ever stated that I was sure about the height of Brandon Williams, only that the Wikipedia link that I was told to look at as proof of his height actually has it down as 171cm!  I'm perfectly happy to look at these and rectify them, and that photo is helpful, thanks.  I don't really think that there is a need for the mock incredulity that punctuates your post (Jones is listed as 71kg in multiple places); if you have a good source for the players' heights/weights, it would be great if you would please share it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/11/2019 at 11:43, tonidopa said:

Anthony Martial shouldn't be injured for six weeks at the beginning of the game, as he played the first three Premier League games for United before getting injured.

 

 

Hi @tonidopa - we put the actual date of the injury into the database, which was 24/8/2019.  The game doesn't do real-time injuries; it sets players that have injuries set before a certain date (I believe that it is 31/8) as injured at game-start.  Any injuries with a start date after 31/8 do not get loaded into FM.  This may not be ideal, on all occasions, but there will always be certain anomalies with a game that includes certain data pertaining to real-life events that occur after the game start-date.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Pete Sottrel

It's very low profile signing. So I'll put it here just in case

 

Tottenham just signed Aaron Skinner (CB) ex Bury, Bolton for their U18

 

https://www.transfermarkt.com/aaron-skinner/profil/spieler/567656

OS match report: https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/2019/november/under-18s-pay-for-first-half-errors-against-chelsea/

 

thank

Edited by Anuth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, troelsgf said:

 

Thanks for the replies @tomlcfc and @Nørbæk: I know you might not agree with everything, but it is really cool how you show, that you listen to feedback and address it!

I have misunderstood the Throwing attribute, so also thank you for clearing that up. His agility and decision are also not the attributes that I am most up in arms over, neither his kicking. But even though you think, that he has the capability to loose his head, a single digit composure still seems very low to me. 

And with regard to the handling attribute I have done a little comparison with the rest of the Premier League: I just started a save, and there are 65 goalkeepers in the 20 First Team Squads at the beginning: 

- Only three out of 65 goalkeepers in the Premier League first team squads have lower handling than Kasper Schmeichel, and they are the third choices of Arsenal, Watford and Aston Villa (handling of 11, 11 and 10 respectively).  

- Of the seven goalkeepers with a handling of 12, Kasper Schmeichel is the only first choice goalkeeper. The average handling attribute of the other 19 first choice goalkeepers is 15.0.

- Goalkeeping does of course boil down to more than your ability to hold on to the ball, but it is also a pretty essential attribute. And according to my save (realising that not all attributes are fixed), Kasper Schmeichel is poorer at handling than 54 of 65 goalkeepers in the Premier League - including second and third choices and a few guys out on loan. That does also seem a bit harsh by comparison in my view, even if we have different opinions of whether it is a strength or a weakness in his game.    

A handling of 16 would put him in the top 8 in handling among the first choice keepers, while 15 would put him in a big middle group of seven first choice keepers. I don't think the former would be overly generous from my own expression of him - and I recognize that others might think differently, and I cannot at all claim to have followed him and Leicester as close as regular fans of the club. But as a fellow Dane and former youth level goalkeeper (btw, thanks to FM for the far too many years I figured in the database back in the 00's) I do watch him as much as possibly. And I would have had to miss a lot of spilled balls to think, that an average handling attribute for at first choice PL-keeper was out of order. 

I do of course recognize, that a player would have to show progress in a certain attribute for some time for FM to update the database: A guy like Granit Xhaka would have to show momentous progress for a very long time to convince me and probably a few other Arsenal followers, that his agility and positioning (among others) shouldn't be in the single digits. But Kasper Schmeichel is a goalkeeper who has been evolving his game a lot even in his 30's - and it is really suprising for me to hear him discribed as a goalkeeper with blatantly obvious flaws today. 

But also interesting to find out how different he is viewed. I will keep an extra close look on him too to see, if I'm just overrating him due to national pride.

Cheers!  

 

 

 

PL keepers.pdf 51.46 kB · 1 download

This is a really thoughtful and good post, and I think it's a brilliant example of how we can use the Data Issues thread for positive change in the database.

Those stats on handling are excellent, and what I will firstly say is that perhaps we don't do enough cross comparison of individual attributes across the Premier League and beyond in particular. As a result, I mostly compare across players per position at my club. From what I've seen of Danny Ward and Eldin Jakupovic, those two players are more comfortable in holding onto the ball than Kasper Schmeichel, hence why they have slightly higher attributes. What I will say is that perhaps I have neglected a handling upgrade in the past purely to meet his own CA target. I will most definitely re-assess in January.

I get the feeling it will be a busy winter update in terms of a lot of the first team players here, and I would say at this moment in time Kasper Schmeichel is deserving of the biggest upgrade of any. He has lost 10kg in the last 6-8 months and in my opinion he's in the form of his Leicester career this season. Particularly the Newcastle game, all of those flaws I often berate him for (distribution, handling, claiming crosses and so on) were completely unidentifiable. That is a testament to Kasper, because many of us doubted him in the 12 months previous, and suggested that we might need to look for an upgrade.

I will keep watching, of course. This run of games up to the end of the year is a really important time to see if form really has manifested itself into genuine quality.

Thanks very much for your posts!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Pete Sottrel said:

to be fair, @v.d.Moon, I don't believe that I ever stated that I was sure about the height of Brandon Williams, only that the Wikipedia link that I was told to look at as proof of his height actually has it down as 171cm!  I'm perfectly happy to look at these and rectify them, and that photo is helpful, thanks.  I don't really think that there is a need for the mock incredulity that punctuates your post (Jones is listed as 71kg in multiple places); if you have a good source for the players' heights/weights, it would be great if you would please share it.

Well yeah, I guess the players height/weight are sadly quite poorly up to date everywhere online and for example for Jones i's hard to find his real weight and in a way nothing can be done to it then, I guess. 185 cm / 71 kg sounds anyway like a shorter Peter Crouch and by looking at his physique, I think it's quite safe to say it's easily +80kg.

Another small error I just saw: at least in my game Solskjaer's profile says he joined United as manager 28/3/2019 and also left the same date.

Edited by v.d.Moon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great post on kasper and for sure his handling should be upgraded! I think most current fans would agree that Leicester's starting 11 is currently the 3rd strongest in the league.  The wing backs, Ndidi, Maddison and Tielmans would start for any team in the league and Vardy is currently the best striker in the EPL. I often feel on FM that good players for lesser reputation teams get a much lower rating than if they played for one of the traditional top 4... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Regarding Burnley
Dwigh McNeil ID:28110488 was born in Rochdale (currently in blank). He also scored his first goal against West Ham on 30/12/2018 (Premier League).
Teddy Perkins ID:29176512 is 1.84 metres.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, hh123 said:

Great post on kasper and for sure his handling should be upgraded! I think most current fans would agree that Leicester's starting 11 is currently the 3rd strongest in the league.  The wing backs, Ndidi, Maddison and Tielmans would start for any team in the league and Vardy is currently the best striker in the EPL. I often feel on FM that good players for lesser reputation teams get a much lower rating than if they played for one of the traditional top 4... 

Hello @hh123,

Thanks for your post.

What I'll start by saying is that I am loving our early season promise just as much as any City fan and it is all looking good for some significant upgrades to certain players later down the line.

But what is absolutely crucial is that this is a Leicester side that finished 9th last season, behind a Marco Silva Everton and a newly promoted, thin on the ground Wolves. Undoubtedly Tielemans and Rodgers helped, but at the end of the day we still weren't even close to European football despite the run from late February onwards.

Even with that, we've made some changes close to datalock - Barnes, Tielemans, Evans, Ndidi, Maddison, Perez and Soyuncu all received late changes to reflect their early season promise. Should we continue to stay up at the top end of the table, there will undoubtedly be more for the winter update.

What I don't agree with is firstly your comments that really do overrate our players - Vardy is my favourite ever player but that doesn't make him the league's best; the full-backs wouldn't stand a chance against Robertson and Alexander-Arnold, and the midfield three would struggle to get in the sides of Liverpool, Manchester City or Chelsea. Let's be patient and a bit more realistic if we can.

With regards to club reputation, the research team did some brilliant work in the summer to rejig how we set targets for each team and squad. Those should be more realistic and are no longer arbitrary figures based on mostly league position. There certainly isn't any big club bias, but rather when Manchester United finish X points ahead of Leicester in the last 3 seasons, it's very hard to suddenly justify making them a mid-table side (as they have been for the first dozen games of the season) without evidence.

Otherwise, we would be creating data as a prediction for the season ahead, rather than what we hope is a present day snapshot of each team and player's qualities.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@tomlfc

Hi Tom, should have said Vardy is the top scorer not best striker. Id rate a few others above him but have his finishing, movement and composure above anyone else except Aguerro. 

For sure Robertson and Arnold are the two best wing backs in the league and for me the world but Leicesters are ahead of City and Chelsea's and certainly Spurs and Unt. Arsenals decent but have done less than Leicesters. 

The 3 cm are up there with Liverpool's CM (probalby there weakest positions with lots of very good players rather than the world lass players they possess in most of the other positions!) 

By the way, im a Norwich fan not Leicester but try and watch most Leicester games as they play superb football, particularly loved the Arsenal game! Norwich players more or less where they should be although Pukki should be a bit better! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, hh123 said:

@tomlfc

Hi Tom, should have said Vardy is the top scorer not best striker. Id rate a few others above him but have his finishing, movement and composure above anyone else except Aguerro. 

For sure Robertson and Arnold are the two best wing backs in the league and for me the world but Leicesters are ahead of City and Chelsea's and certainly Spurs and Unt. Arsenals decent but have done less than Leicesters. 

The 3 cm are up there with Liverpool's CM (probalby there weakest positions with lots of very good players rather than the world lass players they possess in most of the other positions!) 

By the way, im a Norwich fan not Leicester but try and watch most Leicester games as they play superb football, particularly loved the Arsenal game! Norwich players more or less where they should be although Pukki should be a bit better! 

I agree (goes without saying) that Vardy is having an excellent season, but he was poor for large stages last season and we questioned whether he might be on the decline, dare I say. I am sure we will look again at him in January, particularly those attributes you mention.

Our full-backs are excellent as you say, particularly Ricardo who for me is probably the most underrated player in the division by pundits and supporters. It's no surprise the game links him to Bayern Munich from the start.

Chilwell has had obvious flaws up until very recently - he was undoubtedly our worst starting player for the first 8 league games of the season, and last season it didn't seem that he kicked on all that much. In this last run of games he has been a revelation - something must have clicked because he has finally learned how to cross a ball above waist height for example, and he is choosing exactly the right moments to take on his trademark mazy runs. If he continues this over Christmas I will have a serious look at him next time.

I will agree to disagree on the midfields! I think it's closer than I perhaps made out but they are all system players that fit perfectly at this moment in time, I guess. All three of our regular starters are among our best 6 or 7 players in raw CA, I believe.

Always pleased to see other fans enjoying our football - we'll see how we do against your boys in a fortnight's time!

Cheers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posting this here as player is on loan outwith league but parent club (Liverpool is) so unsure if it should go here or championship if needs to be moved i will just let me know, 

Doing a Rangers save and scouts recommended Ovie Ejaria and hes very interested in coming. FInd this strange given his reason for ending loan early last season was because he struggled with physicality of the Scottish league. Id suggest adding a 'Doesn't want to play in Scotland' trait to him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jorginho ID:43036641 has his Senior Club Debut and First Senior Club Goal mixed up.
First Senior goal 19/11/11 and Senior debut on 29/11/11. Would imagine it's the other way round.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Max Kilman's height needs looking at. He's 192 cm tall, and his height in-game seems to be set at random because he's a youngster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dan Burn (29061164) - Brighton

speed- 14

Player atribute seem to be overrated on the game.

 

Wes Morgan (5113594)- Leicester

Weight- 101 kilos 

Isn't that a mistake on the official website ??  https://www.lcfc.com/players/8966/Wes-Morgan/profile

Everyone is suggesting  93 kilos  http://www.tablesleague.com/teams/leicester1/wes_morgan/

it's a big difference

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kriss68 said:

Wes Morgan (5113594)- Leicester

Weight- 101 kilos 

Isn't that a mistake on the official website ??  https://www.lcfc.com/players/8966/Wes-Morgan/profile

Everyone is suggesting  93 kilos  http://www.tablesleague.com/teams/leicester1/wes_morgan/

it's a big difference

The club updated several of their numbers over the summer, so that suggested to me they might be pretty accurate given they are probably the only ones that will properly record that data.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a problem either with the financial model or the club reputation score or possible an issue with both. In my game I am playing as Newcastle (finished 5th, not relevant but worth a brag) and Man Utd finished 7th - they got a UEFA cup place (Chelsea in 6th won the FA Cup).

The issue comes over the summer between season 1 & 2 Man Utd spent 255 million pounds on new players and signed James Rodriguez and Juan Cudardo  on free transfers at very high wages. They had 70 million of player sales. 

I contend this is not realistic. United in real life are not splashing the cash round like that (yes, they do spend money - but not that much) and I don't see Rodriguez going to any non-Champions League club.  United must be over powered in terms of reputation, it's not gone down enough in terms of their league position.

Over the summer they made 310 million pounds. I don't know if that is meant to be like that but it looks like a bug ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, kriss68 said:

Dan Burn (29061164) - Brighton

speed- 14

Player atribute seem to be overrated on the game.

His acceleration is 9, pace 14. Which reflects that he isn't quick off the mark but once he gets going he is reasonably quick. He's been playing as an overlapping center-back, a left back and a left-wing back this season and looks pretty quick when he's galloping down the line. He's an odd player as given his height you're expecting to see a clumsy center-back but he's actually deceptively quick and talented in possession.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have adjusted the player's potential high using an editor, but scout's recommendation score is going down. 

The player I've adjusted is

'Alexis mac allister' in Brighton Hove Albion.

I don't know if there's another player like this, but he is the only player I've  ever found.

Please check this player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad to see Tom agrees Pereira is underrated, he's one of the best RBs in the world at the minute, his attacking stats suggest he's a capable offensive RB rather than a sensational one.

 

I think his balance needs a massive upgrade, the amount of times you see a players significantly bigger and stronger jostling with him and then him breaking free whilst staying on his feet is superb.

Edited by Fosse

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Fosse said:

Glad to see Tom agrees Pereira is underrated, he's one of the best RBs in the world at the minute, his attacking stats suggest he's a capable offensive RB rather than a sensational one.

 

I think his balance needs a massive upgrade, the amount of times you see a players significantly bigger and stronger jostling with him and then him breaking free whilst staying on his feet is superb.

Ricardo's quality goes without saying! I suggested on Sunday evening that he might be the most well rounded player in the club's history. He should be looking at Barcelona and Real Madrid in the near future, unfortunately.

As you say, I will have a good look at him over the winter, and undoubtedly he will receive some improvements given the entire team's form. I will add balance to my notes - that's a perfectly fair observation. I've been tentative with his attributes in general because when he arrived from Porto I was rather impressed with the spread of attributes and his CA (I believe his CA is almost exactly the same number still).

Cheers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tomlcfc said:

Ricardo's quality goes without saying! I suggested on Sunday evening that he might be the most well rounded player in the club's history. He should be looking at Barcelona and Real Madrid in the near future, unfortunately.

As you say, I will have a good look at him over the winter, and undoubtedly he will receive some improvements given the entire team's form. I will add balance to my notes - that's a perfectly fair observation. I've been tentative with his attributes in general because when he arrived from Porto I was rather impressed with the spread of attributes and his CA (I believe his CA is almost exactly the same number still).

Cheers!

Excellent.

What do you reckon about Barnes' height? Listed as 174 cm but seems taller to me 

https://www.lcfc.com/teams/first-team - that's this years squad photo and he seems to be very slightly shorter than Iheanacho and about the same height as Gray so probably 5'10 - 5'11/ 178-180cm?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fosse said:

Excellent.

What do you reckon about Barnes' height? Listed as 174 cm but seems taller to me 

https://www.lcfc.com/teams/first-team - that's this years squad photo and he seems to be very slightly shorter than Iheanacho and about the same height as Gray so probably 5'10 - 5'11/ 178-180cm?

Good shout on Barnes - if you draw a line across their foreheads in that photo they are all about equal, we have Nacho at 185cm and Gray at 180cm as on the website.

Always difficult to judge exactly but a good two inches is rather significant so I will put him in that range next time round - thanks @Fosse!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Southampton

Should have affiliation link with Hartford Athletic (20047501)

Radhi Jaidi (5360520) has moved there on secondment as part of the deal - moved there with a future return transfer set?

David Horseman (28049365) currently U23 Coach should be U23 Assistant Manager - although he will take charge in Jaidi's absence

Iain Brunnschweiler is missing as U23 coach at Southampton (not currently in DB)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50352272 

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/18024693.southampton-u23s-coach-radhi-jaidi-set-move-usa-club/

https://www.linkedin.com/in/iain-brunnschweiler-451044a2/

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/cricket/hampshire_cricket/17682145.ex-hants-cricketer-iain-brunnschweiler-is-back-at-southampton-fc/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have started a game in the premier league. I have been searching for various staff members such as Gary and Colin Lewin, Liam Brady etc and they do not appear in the game. Is this an error or because they have been removed from the game completely?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Dan M said:

I have started a game in the premier league. I have been searching for various staff members such as Gary and Colin Lewin, Liam Brady etc and they do not appear in the game. Is this an error or because they have been removed from the game completely?

I've checked the Db using the editor, and all 3 names are not in the database this year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Dan M said:

I have started a game in the premier league. I have been searching for various staff members such as Gary and Colin Lewin, Liam Brady etc and they do not appear in the game. Is this an error or because they have been removed from the game completely?

Gary and Colin are not in the game as they are no longer involved in football; they are running a sports clinic together:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/inside-new-sports-clinic-run-20787770

Liam Brady no longer has a job title linked to his profile in the database, which may be why he is not being extracted into FM2020.  I believe that his last job in football was with Arsenal, and that finished in 2014.  Should he still be available to be employed by clubs, in-game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been looking at Tottenham's data on the editor and have noticed the following bits:

sponsorship income (to be added/edited)

AIA Kit sponsorship was renewed in the summer for £320m over 8 years (£40m a season) - https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/tottenham/tottenham-announce-320m-eightyear-shirt-sponsor-deal-with-aia-a4198131.html

Nike Kit sponsorship was renewed in July 2018 until June 2033. Worth £450m in total (£30m a season) - https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/7594108/tottenham-spurs-nike-kit-deal/

Staffing (some of these I guess have been picked up already but just putting here just in case):

Head Coach: Jose Mourinho

Assistant Coach: Joao Sacramento

Fitness Coach: Carlos Lalin

Goalkeeper Coach: Nuno Santos

Data Analyst: Ricardo Formosinho

Data Analyst: Giovanni Cerra

Nathan Gardiner and Charlie Moore are still 1st team fitness coaches.

Alex Savva, Jesus Perez, Miguel D'Agostino, Toni Jiminez, Sebastiano Pochettino have all left the club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@tomlfc

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50712567

I go back to how great players with smaller clubs are often under rated in FM. Vardy has a CA of 149 and is best in Leicester squad. Arsenal on the other hand have 8 players with CA over 149!  This includes Sokratis! 

If you compare the starting 11 

Schmeical (143) vs  Leno (155 CA). So Scheichal a PL winner, current international and proven keeper has 12 PA less than a keeper coming off an erratic first season

Chilwell (143) vs Tierney  (146) +3  Tierney who has so far  not adapted to PL vs Englands starting LB on great form. 

Evans and Soyunku (143 and 136)  and Sokratis and Luiz (150 each) even if Soyenku fulfils his in game potentail he becomes slightly better than Sokratis! Most people would say both Leicester CBs should have higher CA than the Arsenal ones! 

Perriera 1(46) vs Belerin (149) the best rb in the league after Trent giving 3 points to belerin!?

Ndidi (144)  vs Torreira  (150) should be 6 points the other way around at a minimum! 

Maddison (147)  vs Ozil (158) again looks all wrong. If Maddison peaks he reaches Ozils current ability? 

Tielmans (148) vs lacazette (160). How is Tielmans 2 points worse off than Torreira! 

Vardy (149) vs Aub (170). Ok all round game Aub has more too him. But no way should this be 21 points! Vardy should at least be on a par with Lacazette at 160! 

Again i feel historical size of the club seems to have too much influence on the CA of players. Based on the above Arsenals are overrated and Leicesters underrated 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, hh123 said:

@tomlfc

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50712567

I go back to how great players with smaller clubs are often under rated in FM. Vardy has a CA of 149 and is best in Leicester squad. Arsenal on the other hand have 8 players with CA over 149!  This includes Sokratis! 

If you compare the starting 11 

Schmeical (143) vs  Leno (155 CA). So Scheichal a PL winner, current international and proven keeper has 12 PA less than a keeper coming off an erratic first season

Chilwell (143) vs Tierney  (146) +3  Tierney who has so far  not adapted to PL vs Englands starting LB on great form. 

Evans and Soyunku (143 and 136)  and Sokratis and Luiz (150 each) even if Soyenku fulfils his in game potentail he becomes slightly better than Sokratis! Most people would say both Leicester CBs should have higher CA than the Arsenal ones! 

Perriera 1(46) vs Belerin (149) the best rb in the league after Trent giving 3 points to belerin!?

Ndidi (144)  vs Torreira  (150) should be 6 points the other way around at a minimum! 

Maddison (147)  vs Ozil (158) again looks all wrong. If Maddison peaks he reaches Ozils current ability? 

Tielmans (148) vs lacazette (160). How is Tielmans 2 points worse off than Torreira! 

Vardy (149) vs Aub (170). Ok all round game Aub has more too him. But no way should this be 21 points! Vardy should at least be on a par with Lacazette at 160! 

Again i feel historical size of the club seems to have too much influence on the CA of players. Based on the above Arsenals are overrated and Leicesters underrated 

 

There is absolutely nothing historical that we take into account with current ability or attributes, aside from recent player performance. It's our aim to ignore the national media 'big 6' bias/focus and ensure we have a realistic database, not one that conforms to tradition and 'historical size'. Never mind the fact that 'historical size' is a nonsense idea considering the cyclical nature of English football.

As I have said on multiple occasions, this is a Leicester City side that finished 9th last season. A lot of the CAs were decided in May (at the end of the season), and we were clearly the 9th best team in the league last season. Even under Rodgers, we only took 17 points from 10 games, which is still 7th/8th spread out over the average PL season.

Clearly after the start we had we needed some upgrades, and again we duly gave them to Tielemans, Ndidi, Maddison, Perez, Barnes, Soyuncu and Evans from the top of my head. I was not prepared (and rightly so, to preserve the integrity of the data) to give massive boosts based off a dozen games of a Premier League season. Otherwise if we'd have nosedived and found ourselves in mid-table, I'd have complaints in the opposite direction.

Granted, that has not happened, hence I am in for a busy Christmas and January for the winter update. 

I won't address your individual points, because some of them are either things I'm obviously going to look at, or unfortunately they're rather unreasonable estimations of abilities. 

-

Please don't think I'm not fighting Leicester's corner in trying to give us fair ratings, of course I want us to be just as good in game as we are in real life. But we have to be realistic and look at the evidence we have, and then observe and make the changes in the DB.

Can I also ask that you put CA figures in spoilers as that is under-the-hood info that might spoil the immersion for players of the game? :)

 

Cheers!

Edited by tomlcfc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. Probably not the most important thing out there, but I saw a couple of all-time records missing in the Premier League, which I thought could/should be included.

PREMIER LEAGUE:

Most Clean Sheets by a Player in a Season: 24 - Petr Cech (Chelsea; 2004/05)

Most League Goals by a Player (Overall):  260 - Alan Shearer

Most Appearances: 653 - Gareth Barry

https://www.premierleague.com/stats/records

2. Alan Shearer as retired person is duplicated in the database.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has there been a data update somewhere? Starting new games and Unai Emery is no longer Arsenal manager whereas he definitely was before; it's Freddie Ljungberg as Interim Manager. Yet Pochettino is still at Spurs even though he was sacked before Emery was! And his entire backroom staff is still there despite them also departing with Emery. Also starting as them now and Freddie leaves the club instead of going back to the assistant role when I don't believe there is any plans for him to leave the club when a new manager is appointed IRL. I am playing the Arsenal edition if that makes any difference at all?

Edited by daspindocta

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/12/2019 at 19:25, CrowBar said:

1. Probably not the most important thing out there, but I saw a couple of all-time records missing in the Premier League, which I thought could/should be included.

PREMIER LEAGUE:

Most Clean Sheets by a Player in a Season: 24 - Petr Cech (Chelsea; 2004/05)

Most League Goals by a Player (Overall):  260 - Alan Shearer

Most Appearances: 653 - Gareth Barry

https://www.premierleague.com/stats/records

2. Alan Shearer as retired person is duplicated in the database.

 

Awesome find. Not sure if it changes anything, but please beware that the records in game should also include records from when the Premier League was called First Division (as it’s the same competition but with a different name/brand).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, champion067 said:

Shouldn't Wolves have DAC 1904 as a feeder club? 3 players were loaned out last season, Ronan till December this year.

I'll keep my eye on it until end of this season. Had nothing with them historically and we don't pay any fees to them so I don't class them as an affiliate at the mo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, DaveAzzopardi said:

I'll keep my eye on it until end of this season. Had nothing with them historically and we don't pay any fees to them so I don't class them as an affiliate at the mo.

Hopefully there will be more to the partnership, DAC wants to develop youngsters and play european football (euro league 2 might come in handy).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello

i was asked to post a reference to a discussion from the general forum.

Regarding klopps attributes.

Many thanks 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How do you justify ozil having 19; passing, vision, flair, composure and off the ball as well as 18 anticipation?

3 assists last season in all competitions last season, https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/mesut-ozil/leistungsdaten/spieler/35664/plus/1?saison=2018

14 the season before but i was under the impression historical achievements didn't play a major part

coupled with the fact he only has 2 this season I expect a major downgrade

also a lot of his assists are from corners and freekicks nowadays

 

I've watched him many times live at the emirates and his off the ball skills are nowhere near 19 he often drifts over to a wing in games against narrow packed defenses not the type of movement required when only the striker tends to get in the box. With 19 off the ball he should be finding space centrally when playing cam

Anticipation 18... 7 through balls last season, 4 interceptions (https://www.premierleague.com/players/4714/Mesut-Özil/stats?co=-1&se=210) not too sure what hes been anticipating, maybe that 350k contract was some brilliant foresight.

20191221090633_1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Re Wolves.... Ryan Giles is missing a loan with Telford from his history was there 24/3/18 - 31/5/18 - played 9 league games & scored 2.

Also wolves are missing an u23 player - Michael Agboola (15/8/2001) who they signed from Dagenham & Redbridge in Jan 2019. Plays either as a centre midfielder or centre back.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Joop Hiele has 20 for all three goalkeeping coaching attributes.

But he is not a goalkeeping coach, only a manager.

This doesnt make sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe Adama Traoré's strength attribute of 15 is up for increase? I've read people complaining about his FIFA20 rating of 81 which is equivalent to a 16 in FM terms.

15 makes him one point higher than e.g. De Gea who's at 14.

Looks like a beast to me. Maybe even a 20.

01.png

02.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe his professionalism should be higher than 11 too? If he works out so much in the gym, he surely must be highly professional.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...