[England Premier Division] Data Issues

On 16/11/2019 at 22:44, Diegotimmy said:

I see with Burnley there have been some changes to McNeil. Hes now on 40k a week and his natural position has been changed also to include ML. His crossing has also changed from 10 to 12. Hendrick also has RM as "accomplished" now which is correct, he has been playing there often. So thanks for this!

However there are still some mistakes in the Burnley squad, some of which have been mentioned in my last post:

1. McNeil has spent most of his youth career playing as a CM, yet he isn't even Accomplished there. In my opinion he should be Natural CM, ML and AML. His crossing/technique/flair should also be his forte so should be higher than 12/13, especially when he has higher attributes in pace an acceleration (his crossing is a lot more than this).

2. Westwood, who takes Corners for Burnley and has had excellent delivery Corner taking should be more than 10.

3. Pope's Determination is still 10.

4. Pieters crossing is still 5, which is frankly ridiculous!

Thanks, @Diegotimmy - I've taken on board your comments and will be discussing them with our Burnley researcher.

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 15/11/2019 at 17:49, Jaydenoren said:

I commented a few weeks ago about Martin Kelly needing to be changed from a Natural RB to a Natural CB, nothing has happened yet, is that something that’ll be changed at release date?

Thanks @Jaydenoren - that change was made a few weeks ago, and should be in the latest data.

On 11/11/2019 at 21:13, magpie1892 said:

A couple of staff responsibility changes for Newcastle Utd

Newcastle Staff Responsibilities

General

Recruit Staff

Hiring & Firing Head of Youth Development - change to Lee Charnley
Hiring & Firing Technical Director - change to Joe Joyce (if not able to Lee Charnley)
Hiring & Firing Loan Manager - change to Ben Dawson
Hiring & Firing U23 Manager - change to Ben Dawson
Hiring & Firing U18 Manager - change to Ben Dawson

Coaching Courses

Decide which Newcastle Utd staff should undertake courses - change to Steve Bruce (Dawson is not involved in 1st team)
Decide which Newcastle Utd U23 staff should undertake courses - keep as Ben Dawson
Decide which Newcastle Utd U18 staff should undertake courses - keep as Ben Dawson

Staff Contract Renewals

Renewing Director of Football Contract - change to Lee Charnley
Renewing Technical Director Contract - change to Lee Charnley
Renewing Loan Manager Contract - change to Ben Dawson
Renewing Head of Youth Development Contract - change to Lee Charnley
Renewing U23 Manager Contract - change to Ben Dawson
Renewing U18 Manager Contract - change to Ben Dawson

@magpie1892 - thanks for these; unfortunately we didn't get these in, but will look at putting them in the database for next time.

23 minutes ago, mmanu said:

In latest update he is natural as CB but his primary positions is RB.

That will be due to an opinion within the game though, won't it? That his attributes may suit a full-back, not a centre-back.

1 minute ago, Scotty Walds said:

That will be due to an opinion within the game though, won't it? That his attributes may suit a full-back, not a centre-back.

Of course. I just made the statement to help the conversation, nothing more.

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 08:27, Canaryak said:

Norwich's record transfer received is incorrectly listed as Jacob Murphy to Leicester (see below) this should be James Maddison.

image.thumb.png.e723b65cd08e9e31b483ea92aaa513b4.png

Apologies, @Canaryak - you are quite right.  Maddison is listed in the database as the record transfer, but Murphy's ID number was detailed alongside him... This change should be viewable in the RELEASE verison of the database, out tomorrow!  Sorry, for the original error, and thanks for pointing it out.

On 17/11/2019 at 17:42, lcfc314 said:

Hamza Choudhury at Leicester is marked as left footed. He's right footed and I'd say reasonable with his left.

Good shout - not sure how that slipped through the net. That'll be fixed for next time.

16 hours ago, Anuth said:

I've raised this issue since the beta but Nobody pick it up. So I'll post it again

Spurs U18 is missing Yago Santiago. 

Source: https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/teams/under-18/players/yago-santiago/

Thanks

Hi @Anuth - thanks for reposting this, and apologies for missing it the first time.  Yes, Santiago arrived quite late following the wait for international clearance, and we missed adding him - sorry.

36 minutes ago, Pete Sottrel said:

Hi @Anuth - thanks for reposting this, and apologies for missing it the first time.  Yes, Santiago arrived quite late following the wait for international clearance, and we missed adding him - sorry.

Don't worry. Thanks

49 minutes ago, Razz said:

Happy that McNeil's position has been corrected. After seeing multiple people mention his attributes It's a shame it hasn't been looked at further, for example his Crossing being 12 is very low for him. 

Agree that's not right!

Also do ppl agree with Che Adams having a 16 finish? I don't 

Not sure if the issue was present pre-full release but Mo Elneny's contract runs out at the end of the first season in game currently, in addition to the game stating his contract was signed in 2016. In reality his contract was renewed in 2018 and the in game info is outdated.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/03/26/mohamed-elneny-signs-new-long-term-arsenal-contract/

@Dan Ormsbylooking at the Arsenal finances:

• Some of the income is not labelled correctly, e.g. shirt sleeve sponsor, stadium sponsor are not labelled
  • The finances do not look like they have been updated to include our £60m a season Adidas deal, it's the same expiry date and value as the Puma deal (so should be £300m from 01/07/2019 to 30/06/2024)
  • Stadium Sponsorship is at approximately £2.8m a season, stepping up to £4m a season from 2021
  • I'm not sure where that £130m of non-renewing "commercial income" refers to for 2019/20. Am I missing something massive...?
  • What do the £5m, £4m and £650k "other income" refer to?

References for finance bits:

https://twitter.com/swissramble/status/1145583489103945728?lang=en

https://i.imgur.com/YGqE6Ly.jpg

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/oct/08/arsenal-adidas-new-kit-supplier-puma

Player Contracts

Emi Martinez & Mohammed Elneny contracts expire in 2022, not 2020

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/fc-arsenal/berateruebersicht/verein/11

Kits

We don't have a purple goalkeeper away kit. The home goalkeeper kit is far too bright, it's quite a dark green instead. The away goalkeeper kit should be a bright blue. The numbers used for all competitions are black, with white outline - whereas a mix are used on the data. 

https://premierleague-static-files.s3.amazonaws.com/premierleague/document/2019/08/23/c8a5b4b5-7f29-43b5-9317-aae04d407c18/2019-20-PL-Handbook-220819.pdf

On 16/11/2019 at 09:24, mrmalecki said:

I understand Mason Greenwood is a good prospect.... and I understand probably want to keep United fans playing but wow is he OP.... He has the same finishing as Aguero, who is one of the greatest strikers to ever play in the league (As per his goal ratio)

After one season he is literally one of the best players on the game. 

image.thumb.png.fe80f7e8760a2d295a2e3c06e453e7ae.png

It gets worse, 3 seasons in, at just 20, he's pretty much one of the top 3 strikers in the world -

SkynqKh.png

One of the other ones being Moise Keane, both of them have been  over rated, they are two raw prospects IRL, Kean maybe has more to show IRL but considering he cant break into the Everton team at the moment shows in reality he is a talented youngster but still very much a prospect, yet these guys are pretty much world class superstars on the game within a few seasons.

Have to say as well that this is consistent IMO from the Man Utd researcher, they have been too strong in the game for the last 3 versions now, the rest of the team seems toned down at least (unlike last year where Pogba was a better playmaker and set piece taker than De Bruyne and Martial consistently scored well in the league), but Greenwood basically drags them up again.  Plus they over spend in game IMO, they seem IRL to be more working within a budget but in my game they have spent £450 million in the last two seasons spending like £100 plus million on one player. 

Edited by tajj7
On 19/11/2019 at 22:19, llama3 said:

@Dan Ormsbylooking at the Arsenal finances:

• Some of the income is not labelled correctly, e.g. shirt sleeve sponsor, stadium sponsor are not labelled
  • The finances do not look like they have been updated to include our £60m a season Adidas deal, it's the same expiry date and value as the Puma deal (so should be £300m from 01/07/2019 to 30/06/2024)
  • Stadium Sponsorship is at approximately £2.8m a season, stepping up to £4m a season from 2021
  • I'm not sure where that £130m of non-renewing "commercial income" refers to for 2019/20. Am I missing something massive...?
  • What do the £5m, £4m and £650k "other income" refer to?

References for finance bits:

https://twitter.com/swissramble/status/1145583489103945728?lang=en

https://i.imgur.com/YGqE6Ly.jpg

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/oct/08/arsenal-adidas-new-kit-supplier-puma

Player Contracts

Emi Martinez & Mohammed Elneny contracts expire in 2022, not 2020

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/fc-arsenal/berateruebersicht/verein/11

Kits

We don't have a purple goalkeeper away kit. The home goalkeeper kit is far too bright, it's quite a dark green instead. The away goalkeeper kit should be a bright blue. The numbers used for all competitions are black, with white outline - whereas a mix are used on the data. 

https://premierleague-static-files.s3.amazonaws.com/premierleague/document/2019/08/23/c8a5b4b5-7f29-43b5-9317-aae04d407c18/2019-20-PL-Handbook-220819.pdf

Hi @llama3 - thanks very much for your helpful post; you are spot on with your observations on the Adidas deal, and the sponsorship labelling - apologies for missing that.

The £130m Total Commercial Revenue is the total amount of revenue that is anticipated for Commercial/Other in 2019/20, so that if, for any club, we can't get all the details of each individual sponsor, the game will engineer sponsors to a yearly total of the amount detailed.  This umbrella amount will include the individual amounts that have been detailed in the database.

The £5m was for "Misc. Sponsors", and was detailed before the Total Commercial Revenue catch-all was introduced, and will be removed (it doesn't show up in-game, does it?).  The £4m was put in for the Emirates Cup, but again, this can now be removed (this doesn't show in-game either, does it?), and the £650k was an estimate for stadium tours (also not showing in-game, as far as I can see).

Thanks for the Martinez and Elneny information; those were indeed missed - sorry.

What do you mean, concerning the kit number colours, please?  Are you referring to the GK kits, only?

19 hours ago, tajj7 said:

One of the other ones being Moise Keane, both of them have been  over rated, they are two raw prospects IRL, Kean maybe has more to show IRL but considering he cant break into the Everton team at the moment shows in reality he is a talented youngster but still very much a prospect, yet these guys are pretty much world class superstars on the game within a few seasons.

This is largely out of the hands of researchers. How players begin to develop comes under the remit of the games other systems and there is an element of chance to it all with how player development has worked for a few editions now. 

19 hours ago, tajj7 said:

Thanks for your input @tajj7, Kean has been toned down considerably since he was transferred across to the Everton file.  I imagine that Kean has got quite a bit more to show, considering the season that he had at Juventus, last season.

It's tough to find the level at which to rate young players who are suddenly getting gametime at a top club, in real life.  Greenwood has not got a high Current Ability rating for a Premier League player.  How he develops over time, both in-game and in real life, will be dependent on a number of factors.

12 hours ago, Pete Sottrel said:

Hi @llama3 - thanks very much for your helpful post; you are spot on with your observations on the Adidas deal, and the sponsorship labelling - apologies for missing that.

The £130m Total Commercial Revenue is the total amount of revenue that is anticipated for Commercial/Other in 2019/20, so that if, for any club, we can't get all the details of each individual sponsor, the game will engineer sponsors to a yearly total of the amount detailed.  This umbrella amount will include the individual amounts that have been detailed in the database.

The £5m was for "Misc. Sponsors", and was detailed before the Total Commercial Revenue catch-all was introduced, and will be removed (it doesn't show up in-game, does it?).  The £4m was put in for the Emirates Cup, but again, this can now be removed (this doesn't show in-game either, does it?), and the £650k was an estimate for stadium tours (also not showing in-game, as far as I can see).

Thanks for the Martinez and Elneny information; those were indeed missed - sorry.

What do you mean, concerning the kit number colours, please?  Are you referring to the GK kits, only?

Hi @Pete Sottrel - no problem, happy to help. I haven't seen the misc. sponsors bits show up in game, but I'm only on day 1 so far...

As for kits, it was the GK kits only that had some issues. The third GK kit had a mixture of black and white numbers for the different competitions. The third GK kit should have the same number colours for each competition. The GK away kit and home kit both need colours changed.

Steve Harper was at Stoke however I don't think that was ever confirmed. Joined Newcastle today as First Team Coach (however appreciate that's not a data issue)

He should have added as Northern Ireland First Team GK Coach as his national job though as been there since March this year.

His Non Playing History needs updating and should read

Newcastle Utd (Youth Teams) 18/8/16 - 20/8/18

Newcastle Utd (U18 GK Coach) 20/8/18 - 14/5/19 

Northern Ireland (First Team GK Coach) 11/3/19 - Present

On 13/11/2019 at 22:32, alec6247 said:

Just a minor one, but as Newcastle, is showing that Grant Hanley has a transfer clause of "Newcastle will be due £500K if Norwich gain promotion from the Championship". This obviously happened, so presumably this clause is now done

In a similar vein to this; There's still an active clause on Liverpool owing an installment to Arsenal for Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain after winning the Champions League which, of course, should already have been paid.

15 hours ago, magpie1892 said:

Steve Harper was at Stoke

It was mentioned he might be coming in, but Stoke have a long term goalkeeping coach in Andy Quy and so there was never going to be any room for Harper without getting rid of him. 

There may be some confusion with an academy coach we had, also called Steve Harper but like 10-15 years older. 

20 hours ago, brianseto said:

Son first touch 12

Lukaku first touch 13

serious ?

I agree they're not the figures I'd personally give.

However, there is no need to come across as so incredulous, reading the first post to be more constructive would be better.

Edited by diddydaddydoddy

Adama Traore is slower than Daniel James on my save. This article quotes James as saying he is slower than him (and Mbappe) https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/03/15/daniel-james-interview-comparing-kylian-mbappe-bit-crazy/

I was hoping Traore's stats would've been improved from the Beta to real release, and Raul Jimenez's, considering their real life form. Seems like they haven't which is disappointing.

10 hours ago, AngryWold said:

Adama Traore is slower than Daniel James on my save. This article quotes James as saying he is slower than him (and Mbappe) https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/03/15/daniel-james-interview-comparing-kylian-mbappe-bit-crazy/

I was hoping Traore's stats would've been improved from the Beta to real release, and Raul Jimenez's, considering their real life form. Seems like they haven't which is disappointing.

Traore's attributes have been greatly improved between launch of the beta and full release.  In the database we have these ratings:

Spoiler

James Acceleration 16, Pace 19

Traore Acceleration 20, Pace 19

I would have thought Traore's pace would be 20. Unless the Wolves researcher thinks he's able to get faster and needs the room to grow? I set DJ's pace to 19 on the basis that he's one notch slower than the elite sprinters in world football, based on that exact article.

You still sure about Brandon Williams being 172 cm? Daniel James is 168 according to the game (170 cm though when I googled)

Chong 185 in the db, Greenwood 181 and McTominay 194... Based on this pic from today I'd say there should be a lot of tweaking.

EKP14WeWkAAJ2Y6?format=jpg&name=4096x409

edit: Well actually almost whole squad is ****ed up. Phil Jones 72 kg? WTF, Lingard 62 kg? Must be more. etc, etc...

Edited by v.d.Moon

Hi, I’m wondering why SI and Sega are underestimating Man City Youth Players in FM2020 Mobile. They don’t even have Taylor Harwood Bellis, Gavin Bazunu, Adria Bernabe... Plz add them in the Winter Roaster Update without deleting Eric Garcia, Finley Burns, Tommy Doyle and etc Youth Players. Also I notice the Updated hidden stats for other Players but Tommy Doyle still has ‘Afraid of big matches’ stats... Plz fix that as well becuz he played really well during his debut... I also hope that you don’t make Taylor Harwood Bellis **** as well.. He also has played really well on his debut match. So I hope you guys get to this issue quickly. Thx

Edited by HyunJoonUtd
New issues

Curious about James Maddison. This season, he is proving to be one of the best in the Premier League in attacking midfield. 

Seems in game that he has potential to be good, but not great atm. 

While I'm not sure, there seems to be too many options better than him available. 

1 hour ago, MatthewS17 said:

Curious about James Maddison. This season, he is proving to be one of the best in the Premier League in attacking midfield. 

Seems in game that he has potential to be good, but not great atm. 

While I'm not sure, there seems to be too many options better than him available. 

His CA was given a pretty significant boost close to the data lock to reflect his strong start to the season, and we'll have another look in the winter update if this run continues. I'm pleased with his overall spread of attributes in general, if you have any suggestions please let me know.

I won't post his exact PA but if he reaches it then you will undoubtedly have one of the world's best attacking midfielders on your hands. Does he have the all-around game or the pure technical ability and intelligence to reach the very, very top? I personally don't think so. If he hits his max PA he'd reach a level that only six natural AMCs in the database are currently at - whether he will rival the quality and careers of Silva. De Bruyne, Isco, Dybala, Eriksen and Coutinho is for me highly questionable at this moment in time.

As for there being many alternatives, well I'm sure that's the case in real life too! There is interest from Manchester United in-game as soon as I load a Leicester save (as is reportedly the case in real life), but there are plenty of alternatives that that sort of club should be , and probably are considering, whether that be Bruno Fernandes, Christian Eriksen on a free etc.