[England Premier Division] Data Issues

3 hours ago, santy001 said:

That's going to be a legacy of his Stoke days. In his final 18-24 months with the club (prior to his loan to France) his crossing was generally atrocious. It just nosedived off a cliff edge.

When it comes to Jack Butland, Determination is an attribute that shows a players fight/resolve when things are going poorly. He hasn't particularly displayed such great qualities on that front, his attributes are lower than his premier league days but believe it or not rather than just arbitrarily cleaving his CA to reflect it the same can be achieved with mental attributes. 

The whole point is you're supposed to look at Butland and think he's a good player, but there should be something that just feels a little off. Because he is a good a keeper, and yet every time he plays there just seems to be something a bit off with him.

Players don't have to fit in these nice bands of expectations though. A Premier League footballer isn't automatically a determination of X+ because they're a premier league player. It would be rather a bland game if all players of a certain level just had to fit in with this vague expectation of attribute bands for a La Liga Forward or a Premier League Defender etc. It might come across as harsh, but the fact that Pope plays for England means absolutely nothing as an argument for what his determination ought to be. 

It may be possible to be a top player and have low determination but its not part of Pope's character and it's certainly not the case with Burnley. Dyche himself wouldn't pick a player with such low determination and wouldn't sell Heaton for the sake of Pope being number one if he had low determination. Likewise Iaplayer like Hart who in the game has better determination than Pope should not be ahead of him.

Determination may not be the whole story and it may not mean a player is poor but it's hard to believe that Pope would only have 10 when the CA attributes in the premier league is higher than other leagues, think about what a player has to do now to even play at that level, let alone make a claim to being number one in a team.

I see adjustments in general to the Burnley squad have been made and most I agree with, Harts communication and command of area has been dropped which is correct.. But there's too many errors in other players, Pope, Pieters, Westwood and McNeil in particular.

Pieters hasn't played for Stoke for over a year now and his crossing for Burnley has been excellent. If adjustments are made with attributes based on a player switching leagues this is something I definitely think needs addressing.

Edited by Diegotimmy
  • Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A few thought on Sheffield United - not meant as a criticism, as I think the data is pretty good overall, more as observations which may give food for thought.

Jack O'Connell - Strength 13 and jumping reach 12 seems incredibly harsh. Jack is an absolute unit, and is rarely out muscled or beaten in the air. If John Egan and Richard Stearman have strength 15, then O'Connell has to be in that ballpark.

George Baldock - I think his positioning and tackling are a little bit underrated, he's a fantastic defender, and i can't think of an opposition attacker who's had the better of him, even in the Premier League so far. However, I think his crossing and passing are a tad generous. I genuinely think if he had a good final ball he'd be world class, but he constantly gets himself into fantastic positions before playing an appalling pass/cross causing the move to break down.

Enda Stevens - 11 Determination feels wrong. Wilder's side for the past couple of seasons is built on determination and workrate, as evidenced by the attributes of the rest of the squad, and Stevens doesn't stand out as being an exception to this imo.

Ollie Norwood - Having spent the past 2 seasons covering for overlapping centre backs, his positioning has come on leaps and bounds from when he joined, he reads the game so well and is great at taking up positions to cover for other players making forward runs. I'd advocate for at least a 1 point increase to 13, and could even argue for 2.

John Lundstram - I know he's been spoken about earlier in this thread, and probably needs a boost, but I'd be cautious about improving him too much. He's obviously in a purple patch of form right now, in a system which suits him, but I've read a lot of nonsense about him being the new Steven Gerrard and the like. I'd need to see a lot more of the same from him over a longer period of time before I went too crazy!

John Fleck - Bravery 8 is nuts! The guy absolutely loves a tackle, and never shies away from  any kind of physical confrontation.

David McGoldrick - Is a footballing genius and should have 20s across the board! :brock:

Edited by That There Phil
2 hours ago, That There Phil said:

A few thought on Sheffield United - not meant as a criticism, as I think the data is pretty good overall, more as observations which may give food for thought.

Jack O'Connell - Strength 13 and jumping reach 12 seems incredibly harsh. Jack is an absolute unit, and is rarely out muscled or beaten in the air. If John Egan and Richard Stearman have strength 15, then O'Connell has to be in that ballpark.

George Baldock - I think his positioning and tackling are a little bit underrated, he's a fantastic defender, and i can't think of an opposition attacker who's had the better of him, even in the Premier League so far. However, I think his crossing and passing are a tad generous. I genuinely think if he had a good final ball he'd be world class, but he constantly gets himself into fantastic positions before playing an appalling pass/cross causing the move to break down.

Enda Stevens - 11 Determination feels wrong. Wilder's side for the past couple of seasons is built on determination and workrate, as evidenced by the attributes of the rest of the squad, and Stevens doesn't stand out as being an exception to this imo.

Ollie Norwood - Having spent the past 2 seasons covering for overlapping centre backs, his positioning has come on leaps and bounds from when he joined, he reads the game so well and is great at taking up positions to cover for other players making forward runs. I'd advocate for at least a 1 point increase to 13, and could even argue for 2.

John Lundstram - I know he's been spoken about earlier in this thread, and probably needs a boost, but I'd be cautious about improving him too much. He's obviously in a purple patch of form right now, in a system which suits him, but I've read a lot of nonsense about him being the new Steven Gerrard and the like. I'd need to see a lot more of the same from him over a longer period of time before I went too crazy!

John Fleck - Bravery 8 is nuts! The guy absolutely loves a tackle, and never shies away from  any kind of physical confrontation.

David McGoldrick - Is a footballing genius and should have 20s across the board! :brock:

Welcome to the world of being an unfavoured premier league team and having next to no attention to player attributes. Its okay though Martinez (signed by Liverpool) can knock in over 50 goals a year and be realistic :onmehead:

3eb8f78ff0454ce7379accc4b9c11af4.png
https://gyazo.com/3eb8f78ff0454ce7379accc4b9c11af4

Edited by Diegotimmy
12 hours ago, Diegotimmy said:

Welcome to the world of being an unfavoured premier league team and having next to no attention to player attributes

Usually, the club researcher is a fan of the club, as they attend most matches.

Seems like a pretty good update from the everton researcher. Noted the Kean discussion earlier in the thread- is probably fair given his performances last year for Juve and breaking into the Italy squad at such a young age.

Maybe Anthony Gordon should receive a bit of a boost given he is now involved in the matchday squads and performed well in the cup games against professional opposition earlier in the season. 

Yerry Mina should probably be rated as the best centre half as well, certainly better than Keane- he has shown it a lot for Colombia and Everton this season.

Overall good job- well done

(PS Schniederlin and Sigurdsson should be pace and acceleration 1 or 2. The erosion of the UK coastline is faster than those two)

On 09/11/2019 at 23:07, tomlcfc said:

I'd firstly like to say that I would never look to allocate attributes based on attributes ideal for certain in-game roles. Often I don't even have the game loaded to know what attributes are highlighted for each roles when I'm going through player stats. Each attribute is very much a personal decision based on my notes and general feelings from the past season and beyond, and of course cross-comparisons with other players in his position, mostly those he's competing with at Leicester.

The fact that his attributes have 'needed a revision' for a couple of years is nonsense because he's had changes in a lot of areas since then. You might recall in FM19 I reluctantly raised his CA to what I believe was 149, and this year he deservedly dropped down to his current level due to what was obviously a pretty poor season by his standards in 2018-19. 160 CA is an utterly ridiculous figure for a goalkeeper with blatantly obvious flaws.

Anyway, to your points  - I think Kasper is a goalkeeper who is pretty well suited to the 'sweeper keeper' role. In fact, when we were in the Championship he was very, very good at that sort of thing. Nowadays we don't really see it, but that's because what's required from him has changed, on the whole.

1) Pace and acceleration - that's fair enough. Those are probably attributes I overlook slightly to focus on his main goalkeeping attributes, and likely haven't changed much from the previous researcher.

2) Handling - 100% disagree with you, without a doubt. You would have to ask my dad just how many times I shout 'you could have caught that, Kasper' during a game. 16 is an elite number, and that is just not Kasper Schmeichel.

3) Eccentricity - I assume you'll have missed that he ran 40 yards from his goal line and then drilled a ball out to left back out of nowhere this evening, then? Composure is quite low at 9 yes, but this is a guy that can lose his head and indeed has dropped some howlers in pressure situations.

4) 'Mental attributes are generally underrated' doesn't really mean a great deal to me. 'Winning mentality' is surely extreme in most professional sportsmen. For the record, his dirtiness is a random attribute (we don't see enough either way from keepers in this respect) and his sportsmanship is 13. He can get grumpy but he's not partiularly unsportsmanlike.

5) The throwing attribute is about accuracy, not length. And he is very good at those quick counter attacking throws - check the one to Perez this evening, or to Fuchs for Vardy against United in Nov 2015 etc.

6) The fact you've mentioned his 'general distribution' being better than it is in-game is news to me, to be perfectly honest! Last season, it felt like we conceded chances every other week because he couldn't kick a ball straight. It seems ever since we were promoted, his kicking has been woefully inconsistent. I really cannot agree with you there whatsoever.

7) Agility at 13 and decisions at 12 are again not poor attributes. Decisions is an obvious downgrade choice given some of his more bizarre choices - whether that is standing one step out of position at every single direct free kick opportunity (again, how many times do I say 'if it's on target, it's in' throughout the season), or choosing the wrong ball from goal kicks/drop kicks.

-

Ultimately, I think you will find Kasper is a good player in the game, and one of Leicester's best at that. I can't have Kasper Schmeichel at a CA that would put him in the top 10-11 goalkeepers in the world, when I'd find it difficult to put him in the top 6-7 keepers in the Premier League. I never like to dismiss anyone's comments, but for me I really struggle to understand how anyone can, for instance, think Schmeichel is a goalkeeper with strong kicking/passing or handling ability. It's not even as if I have some kind of bias against him - I think he is a fantastic leader and a wonderful servant to the club, and one of the best in the division/world in some areas (particularly 1v1s and his reflexes).

I think Kasper has improved this season, too (he reckons he's lost a lot of weight in the last year or so), but it remains a small sample size and he does have patchy runs of form, so I will review in January at the earliest.

As always, though, thank you for your suggestions. In particular, I will note your observations on composure, pace/acceleration and bear your thoughts in mind on mental attributes.

Cheers!

I'm not sure whether throwing is about accuracy not strength. I can't remember now how is used to be.

Kicking always used to be about distance and not accuracy though and that definitely is way too low for Schmeichel,

I admit I was surprised his Kicking stat has been lowered so much to 12 - it's been a few years since I was researcher now - but I used to have his kicking as his highest attribute on 18 or 19 or something as he has one hell of a kick on him and can comfortably and has comfortably reached the edge of the opposition box without the ball bouncing from his own penalty area with his kicks.

It's always been his accuracy which has been his issue - hence why his passing attribute was always low, but his kicking and throwing length are incredibly good for a goalkeeper.

I generally agree with you on Schmeichel, but I do think his Kicking attribute especially is very harsh on him right now, he's got one of the longest kicks football - I especially remember MLG back in the day when we were discussing our ratings, saying he had the longest kick he'd ever seen of any goalkeeper live.

Anyway @tomlcfc - Great research this year :) I think one thing which hasn't been changed for a while though is the club information screen. I'd remove Andy King down from Legend and move him down to a club Icon now - King is still well loved of course, but I don't think his legacy will last as long as the other people in the Legends section anymore like I did when we won the league - I'd also reduce Drinkwater from Club Icon to Favoured Personal and upgrade Albrighton from Favoured Personall to Club Icon - I think Drinkwater, again, won't have a legacy as much as the other player's in that section - and Albrighton will be much better remembered in 40 years time when we look back - for his performances in the Champions League run as much as the title winning season and his goals against Sevilla and Bruges especially will go down as 2 of the most iconic in the club's history,

16 minutes ago, MIR17 said:

I'm not sure whether throwing is about accuracy not strength. I can't remember now how is used to be.

Kicking always used to be about distance and not accuracy though and that definitely is way too low for Schmeichel,

I admit I was surprised his Kicking stat has been lowered so much to 12 - it's been a few years since I was researcher now - but I used to have his kicking as his highest attribute on 18 or 19 or something as he has one hell of a kick on him and can comfortably and has comfortably reached the edge of the opposition box without the ball bouncing from his own penalty area with his kicks.

It's always been his accuracy which has been his issue - hence why his passing attribute was always low, but his kicking and throwing length are incredibly good for a goalkeeper.

I generally agree with you on Schmeichel, but I do think his Kicking attribute especially is very harsh on him right now, he's got one of the longest kicks football - I especially remember MLG back in the day when we were discussing our ratings, saying he had the longest kick he'd ever seen of any goalkeeper live.

Anyway @tomlcfc - Great research this year :) I think one thing which hasn't been changed for a while though is the club information screen. I'd remove Andy King down from Legend and move him down to a club Icon now - King is still well loved of course, but I don't think his legacy will last as long as the other people in the Legends section anymore like I did when we won the league - I'd also reduce Drinkwater from Club Icon to Favoured Personal and upgrade Albrighton from Favoured Personall to Club Icon - I think Drinkwater, again, won't have a legacy as much as the other player's in that section - and Albrighton will be much better remembered in 40 years time when we look back - for his performances in the Champions League run as much as the title winning season and his goals against Sevilla and Bruges especially will go down as 2 of the most iconic in the club's history,

From the staff research guidelines, I have this on throwing: 'A higher rating will increase the accuracy of his throws, although Strength imparts on the distance he is able to reach.'

Yes, fair point on kicking (serves me right for answering these on my phone away from the guidelines...). That's in my notes for January, cheers.

I always take a look at the favoured personnel but I think I probably just check 'have we got everyone we need' rather than 'are the ratings/classifications correct' a bit too often. Drinkwater and Albrighton most definitely can swap round, especially given the way Drinkwater left. And similarly, every time I hear anyone mention that goal against Sevilla, goosebumps. 

Kingy is one I did think about for a while, because as you say, is he on that level of Banks/Chandler/Vardy/Khun Vichai etc? For me yes, but that might be because he was in the team from when I was first introduced to football in League One right up until our greatest moments ever. I will think about that one before the January update, I'll get back to you.

Thank you very much for your kind words, it is appreciated! :)

1 minute ago, tomlcfc said:

From the staff research guidelines, I have this on throwing: 'A higher rating will increase the accuracy of his throws, although Strength imparts on the distance he is able to reach.'

Yes, fair point on kicking (serves me right for answering these on my phone away from the guidelines...). That's in my notes for January, cheers.

I always take a look at the favoured personnel but I think I probably just check 'have we got everyone we need' rather than 'are the ratings/classifications correct' a bit too often. Drinkwater and Albrighton most definitely can swap round, especially given the way Drinkwater left. And similarly, every time I hear anyone mention that goal against Sevilla, goosebumps. 

Kingy is one I did think about for a while, because as you say, is he on that level of Banks/Chandler/Vardy/Khun Vichai etc? For me yes, but that might be because he was in the team from when I was first introduced to football in League One right up until our greatest moments ever. I will think about that one before the January update, I'll get back to you.

Thank you very much for your kind words, it is appreciated! :)

I always used to think about "Legends" as people I could see us naming a stand of the stadium after - Vardy, Vichai, Ranieri, Lineker (in fact I think a stand at the Walkers stadium when it was first built was called the Lineker Stand for a couple of seasons), Banks, Rowley and Chandler - I could absolutely see. Kingy I'm not so sure - it's difficult because he was such an incredible servant to the club and to win 3 league titles was ridiculous, but I think we would all agree he's not necessarily as great a player as the others mentioned. I'd just lower his rating from 20 to 19 maybe so he's at the top of the Icons list - it will still mean he's greatly appreciated in the game and very likely that the club would want him back if he became a manager/coach if you play a few years into the future in the game.

And no problem :) I know how time-consuming research can be, so it's always appreciated when the Leicester researcher goes into great depths to make the research look great :) 

Btw - another thing not related to the Leicester researcher - I noticed in the World Award, Schmeichel on there in the 3rd place for GK of the year has him listed as English and not Danish.

On 05/11/2019 at 01:26, pingjockey said:

Also, Marcel Brands also has a seat on the board now, as well as his DoF role.

Not sure if this can be represented?

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-appoint-marcel-brands-clubs-15647456

@tomlcfc Hi Tom

Nice job this year - just a couple of questions - 

What has happened to the Maguire money, I have just got to January (summer transfers turned off) and I thought we would have more thatn £15m to spend - https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/10/22/leicester-banked-80m-lump-sum-manchester-united-harry-maguire/

Also, earlier in the thread you mention a couple of small boosts for tielemens, maddison and barnes, when does this update come out? will it be on release day as i will start a new save then if so!

cheers :)

On 14/11/2019 at 14:39, SlickJames said:

Indeed, he is small but he's grown over the last three years to around 1.68m/5'6". He is listed as being around this height in both FIFA and PES.

Juan Mata is 1.71m and I've attached a picture of them standing together. The difference appears to be closer to 5cm than 15cm.

079c41510793b41d8ae4dc1abb50c5f4.jpg

Bringing attention back to this

Spoiler

:)

On 31/10/2019 at 12:50, Justified said:

@diddydaddydoddy As I've started with Liverpool and I've noticed a few new PPM's knocking around the game I was quite surprised to see Firmino doesn't have "tries tricks". Now I understand this can be subjective and what does actually constitute "tries tricks" but I think Firmino does try backheels, flicks and tricks in every game. I'm open to being to be proven the opposite.

I'd like someone to name one player in all of top flight football that does more tricks than Firmino... YouTube is full of Firmino tricks, there are more gifs of Firmino tricks (tricks that come off and create goals!) than the law will allow!

6 hours ago, Scotty Walds said:

Usually, the club researcher is a fan of the club, as they attend most matches.

Doesn't mean they understand the context of giving that odd player a '12' strength when he's -in context of the standard that has been set for 12- a colossus that is actually 17 strength.

Just now, tarzanofmars said:

Doesn't mean they understand the context of giving that odd player a '12' strength when he's -in context of the standard that has been set for 12- a colossus that is actually 17 strength.

They do. There are guidelines us researchers have to stick to and if we fall foul of them, our head researchers let us know!

22 hours ago, That There Phil said:

There is not enough use of 'anticipation' 'aggression' 'bravery' and 'workrate' to create a replication of some of the aggressive hard players who aren't agile, fast or expressive but give players that are a hard time.

21 minutes ago, DaveCity said:

@tomlcfc Hi Tom

Nice job this year - just a couple of questions - 

What has happened to the Maguire money, I have just got to January (summer transfers turned off) and I thought we would have more thatn £15m to spend - https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/10/22/leicester-banked-80m-lump-sum-manchester-united-harry-maguire/

Also, earlier in the thread you mention a couple of small boosts for tielemens, maddison and barnes, when does this update come out? will it be on release day as i will start a new save then if so!

cheers :)

Hi Dave,

I imagine you'll have been given a low January spend because the club's balance isn't that great at the start of the game. We did get £80m for Maguire, but then spent most of that, if not all of it (inc. instalments) on the four summer signings. We made a very small pre-tax profit in 2017-18 and given the likely massive increase in wage expenses last season (many new contracts to top earners), plus no European football, I'd imagine it's a similar story last season. The 17-18 accounts quite rightly suggest cash flow issues, particularly with the training ground build.

Those changes to Tielemans, Barnes and Maddison should already be in effect, along with others we did for Ndidi, Evans, Benkovic, Mendy and Pérez. They are only tweaks to a few attributes from the day 1 beta database, and one or two take into account the thoughts of posters here.

Cheers!

On 14/11/2019 at 21:30, That There Phil said:

So I just started a game with the updated database, and Lundstram has indeed had a slight boost. The odd thing though is that his biggest attribute boost was Corners (2 point increase). Now I'm sure the Sheff Utd researcher sees more games than I do, but I see my fair share and can't ever recall seeing Lundstram take a corner over the past 3 seasons, so it seems a really odd choice of attribute to increase!

On 14/11/2019 at 14:57, diddydaddydoddy said:

His left foot rating is 8/20 which is ok/decent. He predominately uses his right foot. Man City aside I've not seen him use his left foot for too many cross field passes.

Whoa mate, 8 out of 20? Is way off the mark, I had no idea it was that low. Trent has played as a center midfielder since he was a kid, he's always passing with his left when he cuts inside and he's played a number of world class left-footed long balls over the top to feet last season alone, the long drive to Mane at the Emirates was better than his switch to Robbo on Sunday. 

The fact that he doesn't work to get it onto his right before he passes short or medium range is the biggest tell that he is comfortable with his left and the fact that he uses his left when he has time to switch to his right, for long balls shows he's accomplished with it.

"He predominately uses his right foot" Right, well he is playing at right back, but he also will always use his left for passes -other than the typical right wing cross into the box- if he's already got the ball there and is oriented to it, he does not work to get back onto his right before attempting a pass, long or short. He even stays on his left when he does have time to switch.

"Man City aside I've not seen him use his left foot for too many cross field passes".

He's used it quite a few times for long balls. 
In the Arsenal game last year he'd cut inside, dribbled towards the centre, had plenty of time to switch it onto his right but chose to stay on his left and curled a beautifully perfect ball over the top dead onto Mane running through on goal. It's the type of left-footed pass that even most of Europe's most gifted playmakers might not have attempted, and Trent played it to absolute perfection.

He specifically began working on his left foot more than normal when Kevin Stewart left to go to Hull in 2017, as that was something Liverpool does with all their right backs. Yet Trent was merely building on a lifelong use of his left at that point, he'd always wanted to be an either foot player when training and learning as a midfielder. Trent and Klopp know the midfield is his eventual position.

Geez, his sumptuous through ball against West Ham last year as well. These are just off the top of my head. How many examples would you need to adjust this upwards by 7 points or so?

Who is an example of a EPL player with a weaker foot rating of 13-14?

You've got Arsenal legends (two of them) recently calling for him to take over England's midfield and one of them specifically mentions his two footed ability lol, so yeah 8? Cmon m8!

You know he used his left a number of times against the gunners last year actually, I remember he received the ball in the right-back slot under pressure from Aubameyang, but rather than turning onto his right foot and hammering the ball up the touchline -as you may expect from nearly every right back under pressure in his own third- he calmly turned inside and played a brilliant left-footed pass to Fabinho, who in turn sent Salah away on goal.

image.gif.c251e1e1bb50dcb4d31c2869c9898b8a.gif

Edited by tarzanofmars
*last year

I agree that Trent's left foot rating should go up. He's far more comfortable with his left, than Salah is with his right for example.

Salah usually tries very hard to avoid using his weaker foot, both when dribbling and shooting, to the point of spoiling chances because he wants to swap the ball to his left foot - Trent however rarely swaps the ball to his favoured foot, but rather passes (short or long) with his left.

Salah does have some goals with his right foot, but they are usually always tap-ins and from very close range - something pretty much all players can do even if they're bad with their other foot. Even Riise scored a few with his right :)

Edited by OkMarius

I understand Mason Greenwood is a good prospect.... and I understand probably want to keep United fans playing but wow is he OP.... He has the same finishing as Aguero, who is one of the greatest strikers to ever play in the league (As per his goal ratio)

After one season he is literally one of the best players on the game. 

image.thumb.png.fe80f7e8760a2d295a2e3c06e453e7ae.png

10 hours ago, tarzanofmars said:

Whoa mate, 8 out of 20? Is way off the mark, I had no idea it was that low. Trent has played as a center midfielder since he was a kid, he's always passing with his left when he cuts inside and he's played a number of world class left-footed long balls over the top to feet last season alone, the long drive to Mane at the Emirates was better than his switch to Robbo on Sunday. 

The fact that he doesn't work to get it onto his right before he passes short or medium range is the biggest tell that he is comfortable with his left and the fact that he uses his left when he has time to switch to his right, for long balls shows he's accomplished with it.

"He predominately uses his right foot" Right, well he is playing at right back, but he also will always use his left for passes -other than the typical right wing cross into the box- if he's already got the ball there and is oriented to it, he does not work to get back onto his right before attempting a pass, long or short. He even stays on his left when he does have time to switch.

"Man City aside I've not seen him use his left foot for too many cross field passes".

He's used it quite a few times for long balls. 
In the Arsenal game last year he'd cut inside, dribbled towards the centre, had plenty of time to switch it onto his right but chose to stay on his left and curled a beautifully perfect ball over the top dead onto Mane running through on goal. It's the type of left-footed pass that even most of Europe's most gifted playmakers might not have attempted, and Trent played it to absolute perfection.

He specifically began working on his left foot more than normal when Kevin Stewart left to go to Hull in 2017, as that was something Liverpool does with all their right backs. Yet Trent was merely building on a lifelong use of his left at that point, he'd always wanted to be an either foot player when training and learning as a midfielder. Trent and Klopp know the midfield is his eventual position.

Geez, his sumptuous through ball against West Ham last year as well. These are just off the top of my head. How many examples would you need to adjust this upwards by 7 points or so?

Who is an example of a EPL player with a weaker foot rating of 13-14?

You've got Arsenal legends (two of them) recently calling for him to take over England's midfield and one of them specifically mentions his two footed ability lol, so yeah 8? Cmon m8!

You know he used his left a number of times against the gunners last year actually, I remember he received the ball in the right-back slot under pressure from Aubameyang, but rather than turning onto his right foot and hammering the ball up the touchline -as you may expect from nearly every right back under pressure in his own third- he calmly turned inside and played a brilliant left-footed pass to Fabinho, who in turn sent Salah away on goal.

I welcome your enthusiasm (though I'll ignore the incredulous comments) and up for discussing this.

I agree TAA could have a slightly better scoring for his left foot, however we have parameters that we have to adhere to when researching  (otherwise every player would have 20/20 for every attribute).

I have increased TAA's CA for FM20 and I have prioritised increasing his Passing, Technique, Composure, Flair, Movement (attacking), Balance and Anticipation to replicate him much more accurately with his attacking, passing, forward movement, crossing and assist-making - which are his key characteristics in the game. I believe increasing his Left Foot lesser of a priority for now as he doesn't try left foot passing as much as those mentioned. To increase his Left Foot by c7 points takes him significantly over his CA, so I'd have to reduce other attributes which then becomes counter intuitive. 

You state a number of long left foot passes (against Arsenal) but the Left Foot attribute alone isn't the one attribute that dictates his quality of passing ability - hence increasing his Balance, Composure, Technique and Flair also come into play. 

We are now under datalock, so obviously use the in-game editor to change accordingly, but as I said I do believe he could do with an increase and will hopefully be able to get that through in the next update.

Edited by diddydaddydoddy

8 isn't a bad weaker foot score, unless the argument is that he's just as good with his left as with his right. Even "Right only" players will pass and score some beauties with their left in-game and irl.

maybe not an issue per se, but I don't get why Daniel James (Manchester United) has such a low Potential Ability in this game? like I know for a fact it's only 153, which is mad cause in real life he's already performing really well in the Premier League and is only 21 so it seems unlikely to me that he only has a very small potential to grow!

Martinelli ends playing for Italy. I know he has the double nationality but since he's playing for Brazil at the U23, I think it will be reasonable to declare him as such.

Have to agree about Greenwood - having 1 point less finishing than Aguero, Mane and Aubameyang and equal with Vardy and Son already is way too much - he's already got a higher finishing attribute than Abraham as well despite being nowhere near as proven before this summer. I would have expected his finishing attribute to be closer to 11 or 12 at this stage of his career. 16 is definitely far too high for someone who has still not even scored a PL goal - that's a golden boot-chasing PL finishing rating.

I don't doubt the kid has potential, but there's some extremely high attribute ratings for him far, far too soon,

7 hours ago, ManicStreetFootballFan said:

maybe not an issue per se, but I don't get why Daniel James (Manchester United) has such a low Potential Ability in this game? like I know for a fact it's only 153, which is mad cause in real life he's already performing really well in the Premier League and is only 21 so it seems unlikely to me that he only has a very small potential to grow!

He has little room to grow physically as he's already rapid and is unlikely to get any taller/stronger at his age. He's not wasting any potential on aerial prowess like a Ronaldo or peak Bale, and doesn't have the power or tricks and flicks of many highly rated modern wingers either. He has a lean, focused profile, which tends to be "cheaper" than versatility.

If he reaches that potential he'll be capable of tearing it up at any club in the world, when used to his strengths. Already very capable of performing well for United and Wales in-game. Turned 22 the other day, which for a pace player is often entering their peak years (some "wonderkid" English speedsters were already on the decline by that age), although he had to wait a relatively long time to finally get chances at senior level so he has less miles on the clock.

9 hours ago, diddydaddydoddy said:

I believe increasing his Left Foot lesser of a priority for now as he doesn't try left foot passing as much as those mentioned. To increase his Left Foot by c7 points takes him significantly over his CA, so I'd have to reduce other attributes which then becomes counter intuitive. 

You state a number of long left foot passes (against Arsenal) but the Left Foot attribute alone isn't the one attribute that dictates his quality of passing ability - hence increasing his Balance, Composure, Technique and Flair also come into play. 

We are now under datalock, so obviously use the in-game editor to change accordingly, but as I said I do believe he could do with an increase and will hopefully be able to get that through in the next update.

I understand, and I am aware of how balance and technique especially impact weaker foot passing, but it's not that he plays a couple of regular left foot passes now and then, he hits full on Hollywood passes across the park without thinking about it. To me, an EPL level player with an 8 out of 20 left foot is so right footed, that he is going to switch to his right for anything other than dumping the ball off to the nearest player. Trent is a right back in a system that gives him loads of space to use is great right foot crossing, so he's not needing to use his left much, but he is beyond comfortable on his left as he is capable of hitting pinpoint 60 yarders. I just used Arsenal as an example (and West Ham) because it showed that he was using his left for goal assists from way out a year ago, so this isn't something he's just starting to develop.

If you guys weren't under data lock already I'd take the time to make a video of his sweet left foot ;) I suppose at this point the best thing would be to compare what he demonstrates, from now to your next data update, what he can do with his left, against other right sided players who have a left foot rating 5-7 points higher than him.

I know it's a hard thing to battle the data skew and points drift, but he is a world class right back and I know there is some lower league unknown RB out there with a 14 left foot lol.

Glad to hear he's gotten a CA increase. I certainly feel less guilty now using the editor to nudge players a bit, I trust my judgement and honest intentions, as I've played since I was 5 and I'm now 46. I don't just do it for LFC players, by this time of year after seeing how everyone is performing, I just target the obvious ones in need of a boost, for example I had already had a couple of Sheffield players down for a nudge upwards ;) 

39 minutes ago, tarzanofmars said:

I know it's a hard thing to battle the data skew and points drift, but he is a world class right back and I know there is some lower league unknown RB out there with a 14 left foot lol.

Of course there is. You're equating relative foot strength with how good the player is overall, when that's not how the attribute is used. Aaron Lewis at Lincoln City is "Either" footed, but he can't play the types of passes Alexander-Arnold can play even with his strong foot.

8 is absolutely not the minimum standard for "anything other than dumping the ball off to the nearest player". We have a trait for that decision-making, and values below 8 will tag a player with "right/left only" status to really hamper their accuracy in chosen actions.

1 hour ago, tarzanofmars said:

he is a world class right back

That's your opinion. I'm 2 and a bit seasons in, and checking his progress he's showing as a better wing-back than full-back, which IMO is correct. His best attributes show as crossing, determination, pace and vision.

I see with Burnley there have been some changes to McNeil. Hes now on 40k a week and his natural position has been changed also to include ML. His crossing has also changed from 10 to 12. Hendrick also has RM as "accomplished" now which is correct, he has been playing there often. So thanks for this!

However there are still some mistakes in the Burnley squad, some of which have been mentioned in my last post:

1. McNeil has spent most of his youth career playing as a CM, yet he isn't even Accomplished there. In my opinion he should be Natural CM, ML and AML. His crossing/technique/flair should also be his forte so should be higher than 12/13, especially when he has higher attributes in pace an acceleration (his crossing is a lot more than this).

2. Westwood, who takes Corners for Burnley and has had excellent delivery Corner taking should be more than 10.

3. Pope's Determination is still 10.

4. Pieters crossing is still 5, which is frankly ridiculous!

On 13/11/2019 at 18:40, thegreatlebzby said:

Just bringing this to attention again lol. I feel like he's a player a lot of people will want to use when managing United. Hopefully his height gets fixed - it's an important attribute

Can't see any reliable source that supports this.

To the people who are commenting on Greenwood being overrated, thoughts on Rhian Brewster vs Mason Greenwood? Considering Brewster has not featured for Liverpool at all why do people have a hard-on for Greenwood so much?

Comparison between the two on 1 November 2023.

1977584169_BrewstervsGreenwood2023.thumb.png.26b4d3d41a6bea54a0e4f60bfc05777a.png

25 minutes ago, liamwpk said:

To the people who are commenting on Greenwood being overrated, thoughts on Rhian Brewster vs Mason Greenwood? Considering Brewster has not featured for Liverpool at all why do people have a hard-on for Greenwood so much?

Comparison between the two on 1 November 2023.

1977584169_BrewstervsGreenwood2023.thumb.png.26b4d3d41a6bea54a0e4f60bfc05777a.png

I imagine most people would be comparing them in the first and second seasons, not when they've both completed their development (in whatever form that has taken due to possible injuries, gametime etc.)

They're both highly-rated talents. The issue is time not potential. CA not PA.

Sheffield United are FAR too weak. They are getting spanked in almost every game in all the Prem saves I've seen, when in reality they've shown themselves to be very good. Perhaps they need a little bump?

Disclaimer: I am not a Sheffield United fan.

James Milner should have Spanish added at "basic understanding" (at least). He's had Spanish lessons, and have been speaking Spanish at home to teach his kids (and himself) in the last 2-3 years. He also noted in an interview that he understood all of Messi's insults toward him in the game vs Barcelona.

Wijnaldum should have a point or two more in his flair rating than Hendo and Milner. The other two are more industrious, while Gini has more in his package. (See the Cruyf turn vs Barcelona for example).

22 hours ago, Scotty Walds said:

That's your opinion. I'm 2 and a bit seasons in, and checking his progress he's showing as a better wing-back than full-back, which IMO is correct. His best attributes show as crossing, determination, pace and vision.

I was using the catch all version of right back, he's on the right, he's a back. Yes from the start I've used him as a complete wing back and that's his best role in the game. I play every match on comprehensive and always have, I'm not a speed player, and if he goes all season without a single left footed long ball when he is under direct passing and expressive instructions, there's a tweak needed. When the editor comes out I'll probably bump him to 12 to be honest.

Btw, different subject, Curtis Jones is light skinned, but he's looking way too white atm.

Edited by tarzanofmars

Hello Sigames

Notice that you have wrong height on goalkeeper Caoimhin Kelleher ( id 28104130 ) from Liverpool FC in your database?

The game showing 1,78 cm, but he is 1,88 cm ( facts by https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caoimh%C3%ADn_Kelleher )

Maybe his stats has influence on this because of his height as goalkeeper? 

On 15/11/2019 at 00:03, Diegotimmy said:

Welcome to the world of being an unfavoured premier league team and having next to no attention to player attributes. Its okay though Martinez (signed by Liverpool) can knock in over 50 goals a year and be realistic :onmehead:

https://gyazo.com/3eb8f78ff0454ce7379accc4b9c11af4

Is that unrealistic? Martinez is one of the brightest talents in the world and Salah got near 50 in a season all together...

On 15/11/2019 at 19:04, TopToffee said:

Also, Marcel Brands also has a seat on the board now, as well as his DoF role.

Not sure if this can be represented?

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-appoint-marcel-brands-clubs-15647456

Thanks, @TopToffee - we will look into this; I'm not sure that it will make any difference, in-game, if we give him a second job as Director.