Sports Interactive Community
Simon Tipple

[England EFL Championship] Data Issues

I can't offer any statistics to back my views up, so you'll have to take my opinion for what it's worth and use it if you agree.

I've been following Christian Nørgaard all of his career and I don't think his current strengths as a player are portrayed correctly:

Decisions 12 could go up to 14. He's known here for being smart on the pitch
Concentration 13 could be slightly increased to 14. Same argument as above
Consistency 12 seems low for a quite consistent player
Bravery 10 seems low for quite a brave player
Flair 12 seems high for a DMC who rarely does something unexpected. I'd say 6
Leadership 12 seems too low for what is perceived as captain material
Work rate and teamwork are also low (I think around 12). could be in the 15 region

On 16/04/2020 at 15:21, lbowman6 said:

Darren Fletcher was coaching in the Academy at WBA - I don’t know if he has now left the club or now has a permanent role?

https://www.wba.co.uk/news/2019/november/fletcher-delighted-to-return-to-special-club/

He's working for Man Utd as an ambassador. Not sure if this affects his coaching at WBA once everything gets going again.

Darren Randolph has two clauses giving Hull City £500k in instalments.  I think this should be Middlesbrough's benefit as he has never played for Hull City

17 hours ago, Scotty Walds said:

He's working for Man Utd as an ambassador. Not sure if this affects his coaching at WBA once everything gets going again.

Thanks - I’ve kept him as a Youth coach in my save at WBA.

@Stoke researcher: Please consider deleting Badou Ndiaye's common name. I know that Badou is a nickname but when using common names you rule out seeing him as B Ndiaye or just Ndiaye.

I suggest the following:

first name: Badou
second name: Ndiaye
full name: Papa Alioune Ndiaye
common name: None

Posted (edited)

Apologies if this has already been mentioned: Rory Delap (Stoke City) needs Liam Delap (Man City) referenced as his son in favourite personnel. Liam does have Rory referenced as his father.

Edited by Stuniverse

Just heard a podcast with Danish throw in coach Thomas Grønnemark.

He said that Mads Bech Sørensen of Brentford/AFC Wimbledon is one of the best long throwers he has worked with. 

He's already at 15 in the data so the researcher agrees that he's good at it, but based on the numbers he mentioned Mads Bech Sørensen should be in the 18-20 region.

Furthermore, please move "Bech" from his first name to his last name so it reads "Bech Sørensen". "Bech" is a Danish last name.

I agree with that sentiment, he gets great distance.

On 14/06/2020 at 00:57, Timma said:

In his history it's coming up saying Jon Stankovic didn't play any league games for Huddersfield in the 18/19 season but he actually made 11 appearances scoring 1 goal: https://www.premierleague.com/players/11134/player/overview

Will have a look into this as it should be there.

Leeds United Data Issues:

Richard Cresswell - has left leeds: Source

Jorge García - left Leeds, now at Seattle Sounders: Source

James O'Shea - no longer Leeds United club doctor - has been replaced by Rishi Dhand: Source

Guillermo Alonso - Should be deleted from the database as he's a duplicate of Willy Alonso Salinas who was at Middlesbrough and should be the one at the club: Source

Dan Birdsall - left Leeds United in 2018: Source

Alexandros Kapsis - Left Leeds United in August 2019: Source

Anthony Fulconis is the clubs Video Analyst: Source

Anthony Barcherini is the clubs Assistant GK Coach since September 2019: Source

Diego Bermudez Fernandez is the clubs Performance Analyst since July 2019: Source

Josh Snowden is one of the clubs Sports Scientists: Source

William Franklin is one of the clubs first team physios: Source

Andy Jenkinson and Nessan Costello are at the club as Nutritionists

Posted (edited)

Only recently seen this, but curiously why do Brentford have a 3/10 rating in the data analyst facilities? Is it because they are working with SmartOdds' [data]? This would be a limitation as to the game db, as Brentford's fairly unique approach wouldn't be well represented by such a rating.

Edited by Svenc

8 hours ago, Svenc said:

Only recently seen this, but curiously why do Brentford have a 3/10 rating in the data analyst facilities? Is it because they are working with SmartOdds' [data]? This would be a limitation as to the game db, as Brentford's fairly unique approach wouldn't be well represented by such a rating.

No idea, it's not set by the research team. Presume it's an auto-generated figure?

Will look into it.