Sports Interactive Community
Simon Tipple

[England EFL Championship] Data Issues

1 hour ago, matt_neil41 said:

I'd expect Bowen will be on a lot more now, most younger players will sign contracts where their wages will go up every 5/10 games.

I think I did have him on £3k or £4k when the contract was signed, bearing in mind the maximum wage cap for a first team player was around £10k to £12k at the time, I’ve already added a couple thousand, perhaps £6k would be accurate if you think?

Would be nearly double the original contract so a reasonable raise, our owners are incredibly frugal and we have lost dozens of our best players on free transfers due to our strict wage budgeting so I can’t see them agreeing to more, £5k is probably about right.

Max Clark for example, we refused to pay him more than he was on as an Under 23 player (around £500) despite him being our first choice LB at the time, instead they tried to add significant bonuses for appearances, so “pay as you play”.

Sheffield Wednesday don't own there Ground, they have sold it. Please ask your research team to check their latest accounts, the details are in there. This will also reduce there "loan" debts

Kadeem Harris is also lightning fast, 15 isn't a fair rating or just shows we've not had a player of pace in years!

Edited by Wednesday User

11 minutes ago, Wednesday User said:

Sheffield Wednesday don't own there Ground, they have sold it. Please ask your research team to check their latest accounts, the details are in there. This will also reduce there "loan" debts

Kadeem Harris is also lightning fast, 15 isn't a fair rating or just shows we've not had a player of pace in years!

as a researcher (Hull) it is quite difficult to accurately rate a fast player, the second you bump up speed the RCA sky rockets and before you know it a Championship player is now an England player.

only way to stop this is to lower technical or mental attributes and that would be harsher than lowering a 15 pace on a fast player.

this might not be the same reason the researcher has it set as 15 but it’s why I’ve done similar.

On 05/11/2019 at 17:36, AStack99 said:

Absolutely superb player. His potential is through the roof, its a matter of when he'll play for England, not if.

Watching him every week, I can confirm that he's superior to Jansson, and I loved Pontus. He was excellent in the air, but he would regularly be out of position. Whereas White is forever in the right place at the right time. His passing, vision, composure, positioning and tackling are the stand out attributes for me. Wouldn't say his heading is anything special, he can hold his own but not much more than that. Think it's accurate to have it starting low with the potential to increase.

It's a hard one for them to gauge in terms of abilities no doubt as you can't suddenly whack his abilities up when he's only played a third of a championship season. All for his potential to rise though. He's honestly amazing, I'm so envious he's yours to keep.

On 05/11/2019 at 17:42, Seb Wassell said:

From my side I have obviously only had a limited amount of time to rate him. He is excellent however.

He has received a 10+ CA increase over what the Brighton Peterborough (loan) researcher had given him this Summer. Anything more than that at this stage would seem excessive, but, as with all players, he will be reviewed again ahead of the Winter update.

Thanks for the replies. I'm hoping he carries on the way he's progressing and I can see him play in a Brighton shirt next season. Maybe January..... ;) 

Potential Leeds issues that I haven't seen noted here:

• Jack Harrison does not have a buy option included on his loan in-game. This has been confirmed that there is a buy option.
    • Source #1
    • Source #2
    • Would also argue that Harrison deseeves a Reasonable rating for his right foot. He definitely prefers his left but can use his right when needed.
  • Probably already on the radar but Klich signed a new contract. Source.
  • Dallas has shown well in duties in CM this season, at least deserves Competent to me. Also feel LB could use a slight bump. Find it weird he can play at the full-back roles yet not in the WB roles, as that is really the kind of role he plays when at the back. Not sure where is versatility rating lies behind the scenes but I would hope that is very high as well. Has shown extremely well this season in general no matter where he has been played, and one of the teams best performers.
  • I know White has been discussed, but for me he is clearly at least as good if not better than Cooper defensively. Seems to always be in the right spot at the right time and continues to be the best performer defensively.
  • Think Gotts and Davis have shown enough to deserve a bit more in the PA area. Gotts in particular.

On 01/11/2019 at 01:44, AStack99 said:

Richard Keogh's contract has been terminated at Derby County. No doubt you'll already have this in the update, but considered it worth mentioning. 

Keogh has been discussed with @Gripper and is sorted ready for full release.

Is anything going to be done about Bristol City's debt in the game after Lansdown converted £71m worth of debt to shares? https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-city-owner-steve-lansdown-3512106

In game theres a £50m loan owed on departure of the chairman and an £18m ish loan owed on promotion to premier league.

Keiren Westwood, the Sheffield Wednesday GK has the wrong birthday. On my save it says 25/12/2984 when his Birthday is actually 23 October 1984!

There are no stock photos in the game for Chris Gunter; Lucas Boye; Gareth McCleary; Adrian Popa; Sone Aluko; Maddo Badou; Gabriel Osho; Sam Smith; Tennai Watson and Ryan East at Reading. All played for first team football, all over 20 and all registered as Reading players. 

12 minutes ago, Kadzidlo said:

There are no stock photos in the game for Chris Gunter; Lucas Boye; Gareth McCleary; Adrian Popa; Sone Aluko; Maddo Badou; Gabriel Osho; Sam Smith; Tennai Watson and Ryan East at Reading. All played for first team football, all over 20 and all registered as Reading players. 

We use the stock photos the club provides us. If they do not provide a photo, then we cannot include it. You know this. It clearly isn't SI's fault if they are not included.

3 minutes ago, Gripper said:

We use the stock photos the club provides us. If they do not provide a photo, then we cannot include it. You know this. It clearly isn't SI's fault if they are not included.

No I was not aware of this. But I am now. I knew if players are registered with Premiership club, there was no photo. So no way of getting them then. 

Edited by Kadzidlo

24 minutes ago, Kadzidlo said:

No I was not aware of this. But I am now. I knew if players are registered with Premiership club, there was no photo. So no way of getting them then. 

Sorry K, thought you were aware.

On 10/11/2019 at 19:50, lwordy said:

Keiren Westwood, the Sheffield Wednesday GK has the wrong birthday. On my save it says 25/12/2984 when his Birthday is actually 23 October 1984!

Hi Iwordy

I can assure you that in the database i have it set correctly to 23/10/84. if it truly says "2984" on your save then this could be a bug - perhaps look to raise it as one? if you've just made a typo here then i'm not sure why you're seeing a different birthday.

On 09/11/2019 at 14:26, Wednesday User said:

Hi Wednesday User.

Again, i can assure you that i'm up to date with all the latest accounts and dealings with the stadium and it is set in the database as "rented" and not owned. i would perhaps request that someone like @Gripper comments on why it may not be reflecting properly in your save. Also, i dont believe this has reduced our loan debts all that much if at all. The sale was to counter the implications of FFP over the last 3 years (i.e. overspending on players and wages), and wasnt to reduce any loans imho. The accounts still list the debts repayable on promotion to all of the old debtors for example.

With regards to Harris, and in addition to what RetroKid stated about the implications of increasing his pace, his stats are as set by the Cardiff researcher and not myself as i had not seen enough of him before the last review of stats to be comfortable changing anything. When stats are next reviewed i'll work with the SI research staff to set some appropriate numbers in context of all the other abilities and the rest of the league.

Cheers

Hello.  Millwall are getting 19k~ attendances on my game.  If you speak to the club, even though our ground can hold 20k~, the attendance is restricted as the away stand lower tier is almost exclusively never used.

Vs Charlton this weekend was a sold out game, checking that attendance will tell you what the true max capacity is, and then you could fix ao that the ground has an empty away end on the match engine :).

On 04/11/2019 at 09:14, Gripper said:

Thanks LionKG.

I've been left down by a number of Millwall 'researchers' in the last year, so it's been a challenge just getting someone to do a good job on it. Thankfully, a guy called Jamie has stepped up in recent weeks, and in fact has sent me an updated staff file only over the weekend just gone. I'll ask Jamie to confirm your point about Hutchinson. I know he's addressed the other issues you mentioned.

Season ticket holder for 20~ years, the Wallace one is the most glaring but everything mentioned spot on.

Valuations seem a little off kilter but I’m only noticing this now in Jan 20 in the game, would have to restart to see (JBod currently listed as 8m..!).

Sunderland also bought Elliot off me which was lovely of them 😂.

Providing planning permission is granted, Nottingham Forest are redeveloping the stadium & increasing capacity to 38,000 at the end of this season.  I'm not sure whether this is something that you can include in the game, it was announced by the club in February and there was a relatively recent news article on it too.

https://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/news/2019/february/major-stadium-redevelopment-to-go-ahead-at-nottingham-forest/

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/football-news/nottingham-forest-city-ground-plans-3386066

Assuming you're not able to code in a stadium expansion at the end of the 2019/20 season, are you at least able to remove the restriction in place stopping The City Ground from being expanded at all?  I'm currently only given the option to build a new stadium.

Quite a few issues with Huddersfield players, mainly position wise.

Adama Diakahby - he’s a RW not ST

Herbert Bockhorn - he’s a RB not RW

Trevor Chalobah - he’s a CM not CB

4 hours ago, Mayzie said:

Providing planning permission is granted, Nottingham Forest are redeveloping the stadium & increasing capacity to 38,000 at the end of this season.  I'm not sure whether this is something that you can include in the game, it was announced by the club in February and there was a relatively recent news article on it too.

https://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/news/2019/february/major-stadium-redevelopment-to-go-ahead-at-nottingham-forest/

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/football-news/nottingham-forest-city-ground-plans-3386066

Assuming you're not able to code in a stadium expansion at the end of the 2019/20 season, are you at least able to remove the restriction in place stopping The City Ground from being expanded at all?  I'm currently only given the option to build a new stadium.

Considering by your own post it hinges on planning permission being granted... nothing is actually happening yet.

7 minutes ago, santy001 said:

Considering by your own post it hinges on planning permission being granted... nothing is actually happening yet.

Which is why I also suggested removing the lock on the expansion potential of The City Ground - as in, so you can request stadium expansion rather than just a new stadium.  Since Forest agreed a new 250 year lease on the ground and Rushcliffe B.C. moved out of the Civic Centre, I don't believe the club are restricted to the current capacity, hence the recent development and expansion plans.

If the council decline the planning permission though, that would mean that there's no room to expand further, by virtue of a lack of planning permission.

The game does invoke this as a reason sometimes as to why you cannot expand, but I believe that is more akin to context once you've actually reached the grounds expansion limit anyway. If planning permission is declined then at this time it would mean there's no further room to grow.

It's something to keep in mind for the future, but right now its just something they're wanting to do and not something they're necessarily allowed to do. 

5 hours ago, Mayzie said:

Going from the conversations I've had, nothing has been set in stone yet for inclusion in the game. The club are still to apply for planning permission, and whilst it appears that at the moment, this is a formality, we can't add it to the game. IIRC, the expansion lock on the City Ground (in game) is 39000, and as soon as permission is granted, then the conversation can be had about including the 'new' City Ground in game.

Whether that happens on FM20 (possibly by the January transfer window patch, we may know), or FM21, isn't my area to say.

As no plans have been approved, no future stadium capacity change has been set in the game.

The expansion capacity cannot be changed at this late stage of development, post-data lock for the release.

19 hours ago, LazyGraeme said:

Will look at these tonight but i am sure they are all down for their correct positions.

Quite a few issues with Huddersfield players, mainly position wise.

Adama Diakahby - he’s a RW not ST

Herbert Bockhorn - he’s a RB not RW

Trevor Chalobah - he’s a CM not CB - He is a CB as he has played there most of his career for Chelsea and England, but has played as a CM for us. But CB is probably his natural position.

On 07/11/2019 at 16:44, ShermTHEworm said:

Danny loader plays as a striker for reading but is listed as AM R/C/L plays up to a lot more than any of the other positions

I'm not sure why he was switched from ST to AM R/C/L a few years ago. Plays upfront for our youth teams as well as junior england teams. He would be competent wide and behind a striker but his real position would be ST

On 12/11/2019 at 19:30, ConnorgROOVY said:

Nahki Wells' career stats are out of date order as to the teams he played for

Hi , good spot, thanks for flagging this. Will get this sorted for the next data phase..

On 05/11/2019 at 19:01, holmesn said:

Hi not sure if this is the right place now I might be completely wrong but I would be completely shocked with out very small budget if we were paying the full 25k a week of Izzy Brown- Luton Town 

Agreed, Gary Sweet and David Wilkinson have said enough in the press about the club not making the same mistakes we did in our last season in the championship So I would be shocked if we were paying 12.5k for a player the same for a lot of the wages we just wouldn't be paying 5k for so many players?. Also I could not see the board insist on us playing possession football or worrying about attacking football the only priority for the club ( aside from the judicial review we now face) is survival in the league. On the players stats that can always be subjective but it looks like a pretty accurate job has been done this season so well done on that.

13 minutes ago, Coyh said:

Agreed, Gary Sweet and David Wilkinson have said enough in the press about the club not making the same mistakes we did in our last season in the championship So I would be shocked if we were paying 12.5k for a player the same for a lot of the wages we just wouldn't be paying 5k for so many players?. Also I could not see the board insist on us playing possession football or worrying about attacking football the only priority for the club ( aside from the judicial review we now face) is survival in the league. On the players stats that can always be subjective but it looks like a pretty accurate job has been done this season so well done on that.

In League Two you were paying an average of over £2k p/w. Two promotions later, I'd imagine most players have had wage increases, due to promotion and/or appearances, or even signed new contracts on better wages. Not to mention new signings made at League One and Championship level will have been on wages more befitting of the division they were signed to play in.

Football has changed a lot since the last time you were in the Championship, and that includes the average wage. You still have the lowest wage budget in the league on FM20, although I would be surpised if you were paying so much of Izzy Brown's wage.

4 hours ago, Adamm90 said:

In League Two you were paying an average of over £2k p/w. Two promotions later, I'd imagine most players have had wage increases, due to promotion and/or appearances, or even signed new contracts on better wages. Not to mention new signings made at League One and Championship level will have been on wages more befitting of the division they were signed to play in.

Football has changed a lot since the last time you were in the Championship, and that includes the average wage. You still have the lowest wage budget in the league on FM20, although I would be surpised if you were paying so much of Izzy Brown's wage.

Some of them having their wages doubled twice in that period. 

Two promotions in a row can cause a lot of issues with wages. Happened to Southampton and Bournemouth having L1 players still on their books with PL wages because of promotion increases.

Bristol City

Chairman & finances

I have only played through 1 season, but Steve Lansdown seems positively destitute compared to reality. There have been a number of failed takeover bids. After staying within budget and reaching the playoffs, the transfer budget for the next season is just £500k. Have his numbers been set correctly? If not, could you please let me know what they should be edited to, so I can edit my own game to continue my save?

Many thanks

1 hour ago, teakle1979 said:

Bristol City

Chairman & finances

I have only played through 1 season, but Steve Lansdown seems positively destitute compared to reality. There have been a number of failed takeover bids. After staying within budget and reaching the playoffs, the transfer budget for the next season is just £500k. Have his numbers been set correctly? If not, could you please let me know what they should be edited to, so I can edit my own game to continue my save?

Many thanks

Championship clubs aren't profitable. Last season (from the 18/19 accounts published recently) Bristol City made an £11m profit due to £38m of player sales - meaning an operating loss of £25m, which is consistent with that of the year before. Simply staying within your allowed operating budget and nearly getting promoted isn't going to land you with a lot of money to spend.

34 minutes ago, swansongs said:

Championship clubs aren't profitable. Last season (from the 18/19 accounts published recently) Bristol City made an £11m profit due to £38m of player sales - meaning an operating loss of £25m, which is consistent with that of the year before. Simply staying within your allowed operating budget and nearly getting promoted isn't going to land you with a lot of money to spend.

I am not doubting your comments in the slightest.

My point is that, in the previous games, and to the best of my knowledge in reality, Steve Lansdown has been funding the club beyond the norms of requiring it to fund itself. For the previous handful of years, in the game, at the end of the season there has been an owner cash injection of c. £8m, which has kept the club operating at a level that allows expansion. My question was not a point in terms of profitability of Championships clubs as a whole, but whether there was a specific reason as to the change for this specific owner. If there was a decision for such, then fine. If not, and it is an error, then fine. Just a simple question as to whether mistake or design.

@teakle1979 there are ways to reflect a chairman who puts money into the club in game. I'd suggest digging up some figures from club accounts and such if you feel he's not putting in the finances necessary.

- - -

When it comes to Stoke, I don't know if you guys on the beta have gotten the latest file with Michael O'Neill in charge, work has prevented me from playing the last few days. Always willing to see if people are finding anything out there in terms of unusual with how Stoke are performing although there's not really too much that I can look into given the fact that O'Neill has spent a couple of days at the club and then went off to manage Northern Ireland again.

9 hours ago, teakle1979 said:

I am not doubting your comments in the slightest.

My point is that, in the previous games, and to the best of my knowledge in reality, Steve Lansdown has been funding the club beyond the norms of requiring it to fund itself. For the previous handful of years, in the game, at the end of the season there has been an owner cash injection of c. £8m, which has kept the club operating at a level that allows expansion. My question was not a point in terms of profitability of Championships clubs as a whole, but whether there was a specific reason as to the change for this specific owner. If there was a decision for such, then fine. If not, and it is an error, then fine. Just a simple question as to whether mistake or design.

Lansdown is still set as a sugar daddy, but of course he must adhere to the rules of EFL FFP.

On 14/11/2019 at 12:34, ginner said:

At what point does he become a CM, as I wrestled with this last season - he played exclusively for us at CM last season, if he does for you too that will be two seasons as a CM out of 2 in senior football

Drew my first league game of the season with Luton and it told me I set a new record for games without a win. Apparently Luton have been on a 16 winless streak since 1964. 

22 hours ago, fairsy said:

At what point does he become a CM, as I wrestled with this last season - he played exclusively for us at CM last season, if he does for you too that will be two seasons as a CM out of 2 in senior football

He has been for us too. So will probably change it at the jan update. But that said he still plays as a CB for England Under 21's so its one of them. 

Think might be worth a discussion with Gripper nearer the time.

Sam Pearson (Bristol City) is from Cardiff (https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-citys-young-welsh-dragons-3539511). He is on a season-long loan at Bath City (https://www.bathcityfc.com/player/sam-pearson/).

Versatile and plays on both wings for Wales u19s.  Mobile but not especially quick. Lovely balance. Cracking player.

His brother Callum also at Bristol is also from Cardiff, and should have Nationality - Wales

20 hours ago, Cumberland said:

Drew my first league game of the season with Luton and it told me I set a new record for games without a win. Apparently Luton have been on a 16 winless streak since 1964. 

The end date for that winless streak was not entered in the club record. It is 06/11/1964. I have updated that now, thanks for reporting it.

Noticed something weird going on with George Moncur's contract at Luton. In real life, he signed on 18th January 2019:
https://www.lutontown.co.uk/news/2019/january/george-moncur/

On my game, his contract says it started on 21st June 2016:
246101858_Screenshot(48).thumb.png.0eccd6a8ee07620496d62cd4f2b93693.png

Despite this, he won't accept a transfer listing and refuses to talk to other clubs because he "only signed for Luton recently":
1526708175_Screenshot(49).thumb.png.55ed8682c2cc41105614c978095af72f.png

I know you can't usually sell players who have signed (or signed a new contract) in the same window, but a player signed in January usually is happy to go by the summer on previous years. And at least on the face of the data shown here, he last signed a contract 3 years ago...

Liam Lindsay's new Stoke contract hasn't been updated. It's just ported over his Barnsley deal which expires at the end of season 1 in-game.

He signed a four-year deal at Stoke in the summer. 

God how I wish that were the case. I'll make sure it gets updated in the next data update, his wages should've already had a bump must've just missed the expiry date of the contract once he arrived in my file.

Bradley Dack (29088322) was on loan at Ramsgate (5103801) in the Isthmian Division One South (30004923) from 03/02/12 - I thought it was only for a couple of months but it says for the rest of the season here.
Not sure on his stats for the loan
http://kentishfootball.co.uk/news/soccershortswhitstabletownsignhessenthalerfromgillingham
http://www.kentonline.co.uk/kent/news/gillingham-teenagers-jake-hessen-a67522/

He was also loan at Brackley (5100088) for about 5 weeks, playing 4 league games, scoring once
01/01/13 to 10/02/13
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/20912764
https://www.gillinghamfootballclub.com/news/2013/january/dack-joins-braintree-on-loan/
https://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=66118&season_id=142

Jude Bellingham of Birmingham City is white in game, not a biggy but its bugging my OCD. Not sure if already reported.

Not sure where would be the right place for this, but the way the game enforces the "must have at least 1 club developed player in the match day squad" rule isn't the same as in real life.

IRL, Luton haven't had to name a club developed player in the squad at all so far this season because of the allowances made for sales of club developed players to bigger clubs:

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/section-5--fixtures/

"33.12 If any Club has prior to the date of the applicable League Competition Match (including Play Off Matches) transferred the registration of two or more Club Developed Players and:

33.12.1 in consideration for the transfer of each Club Developed Player’s registration, the Club receives an initial Transfer Fee, Compensation Fee and/or compensation in accordance with the Youth Development Rules on transfer of the registration; and

33.12.2 each of the transferred Club Developed Players:

(a) are, as at the date of the applicable Match registered as a Contract Player with a Club (or club) in the same division or higher (including, in the case of a Championship Club, the Premier League); and

(b) are or will be aged 24 or under on 1 January in the Season in which the applicable Match occurs,

then, the Club will not be required to comply with the requirements of Regulation 33.11."

In the game, this rule doesn't seem to exist so Luton are forced to name a club developed player or go with just 6 subs. Not a huge deal in the grand scheme of things but worth mentioning.

6 hours ago, clokey1988 said:

Not sure where would be the right place for this, but the way the game enforces the "must have at least 1 club developed player in the match day squad" rule isn't the same as in real life.

IRL, Luton haven't had to name a club developed player in the squad at all so far this season because of the allowances made for sales of club developed players to bigger clubs:

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/section-5--fixtures/

"33.12 If any Club has prior to the date of the applicable League Competition Match (including Play Off Matches) transferred the registration of two or more Club Developed Players and:

33.12.1 in consideration for the transfer of each Club Developed Player’s registration, the Club receives an initial Transfer Fee, Compensation Fee and/or compensation in accordance with the Youth Development Rules on transfer of the registration; and

33.12.2 each of the transferred Club Developed Players:

(a) are, as at the date of the applicable Match registered as a Contract Player with a Club (or club) in the same division or higher (including, in the case of a Championship Club, the Premier League); and

(b) are or will be aged 24 or under on 1 January in the Season in which the applicable Match occurs,

then, the Club will not be required to comply with the requirements of Regulation 33.11."

In the game, this rule doesn't seem to exist so Luton are forced to name a club developed player or go with just 6 subs. Not a huge deal in the grand scheme of things but worth mentioning.

This isn't something researchers set, so its more a case of a competition/league issue than data.

There may be additional insight if you get it put in here: 

On 19/11/2019 at 15:12, swansongs said:

Sam Pearson (Bristol City) is from Cardiff (https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-citys-young-welsh-dragons-3539511). He is on a season-long loan at Bath City (https://www.bathcityfc.com/player/sam-pearson/).

Versatile and plays on both wings for Wales u19s.  Mobile but not especially quick. Lovely balance. Cracking player.

His brother Callum also at Bristol is also from Cardiff, and should have Nationality - Wales

Wouldn't agree there