Sports Interactive Community
Simon Tipple

[Holland] Data Issues

Please post any data issues related to Holland here.

As much of the data is subjective we’d ask that you respect everyone’s opinion and accept that the final decision is that of our club researchers and our heads of research.          

We also request you please adhere to the following three point plan when posting in the data topics:

·        State what you think is specifically wrong with a particular piece of data.              

·        State what you think the data should be.                            

·        State reasons/proof for your suggested corrections/improvements.                         

Please note that any non-data issues for Holland should be posted in the appropriate thread within the League Specific Issues Forum. This would include issues such as league scheduling and league rules.

The Dutch Super Cup (Johan Cruijff cup) is ingame played between Ajax and Feyenoord, while it should be Ajax - PSV.

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=johan+cruij+schaal+2019

Just some stuff I quickly found by skimming:

PSV

Bergwijn's contract expires in 2023. https://www.psv.nl/nieuwspagina/artikel/bergwijn-verlengt-tot-2023.htm

Malen's contract expires in 2024. https://www.psv.nl/nieuwspagina/artikel/malen-tekent-tot-2024-bij-psv.htm

Malen has kit number 9, Bergwijn 10, Gutierrez 15, Afellay 17, Ruiter 21, Pereiro 27. It's an somewhat old article, but their numbers didn't change since then. https://www.psv.nl/nieuwspagina/artikel/psv-presenteert-rugnummers-2019-2020.htm

Dutch NT

The manager (I don't know if we're allowed to say his name due to licensing issues) has a retirement date set to 30 June 2020.

Dwight Lodeweges seems to be his first assistant, not Kees van Wonderen.

Hans Jorritsma left in 2017. https://www.knvb.nl/nieuws/oranje/nederlands-elftal/41112/hans-jorritsma-vertrekt-na-21-jaar-aan-de-zijlijn-bij-oranje

Misc.

The history records for the Dutch Cup and Dutch Super Cup for last season are missing. Ajax beat Willem II in the Dutch Cup, Feyenoord beat PSV in the Super Cup. The Dutch Cup missing causes the Dutch Super Cup 2019 match to be incorrectly played between Ajax and Feyenoord.

Every award record, like Golden Boot etc., for the 2017/18 and 2018/19 seasons are missing for both Eredivisie and KKD.

I will aim to check the issues on a daily basis. Just replying so I get notifications but will keep you updated as we proceed.

Can someone holiday into the future to see if the Ajax takeover issues have been solved?

The trophies won by ajax last year not showing up in the milestones of the players of that squad, eg De Ligt, Blind, etc.

16 minutes ago, michael25 said:

The ArenA has been oficially renamed to Johan Cruijff ArenA. Please fix this for the final game.

This should be set for a year now. Which language are you playing the game in?

Hello everyone,

This technically is not a "bug", as it does not cause the game to function improperly, but I really think that issues like this one decrease the quality of the game. In certain regards, the game is completely detached from reality, which is very undesirable in a simulation that is supposed to be based on the real world.

Why is Rafa at Benfica valued at 37.5 million Euro while Ziyech is valued at 28.5 million Euro? This is quite a significant difference, and I do not think that it is justified. These two players are very similar in terms of attributes (I don't know their CAs, but I would be surprised if the difference between them is higher than a few points), positions, and age -- but one is valued almost 10 million Euro more than the other.

Why is this? Ziyech earns more than twice as much, so it is not the wage. Ajax is "rich" in terms of finances, while Benfica is "secure". Both clubs have a a reputation of four stars (Ajax has a "national" reputation while Benfica has a "continental" reputation, though -- not sure why that is, considering that Ajax was in the Champions' League semi-final last season and in the Europa League final seasons ago). Ajax also simply has a lot of "momentum" at the moment due to last year's success (Champions' League) and the sales of Frenkie de Jong and Matthijs de Ligt (which are "evidence" of the fact that the club is capable of demanding a high price), in addition to currently leading their group in the Champions' League. I don't know how exactly transfer values are calculated in the game, but I imagine that the national league of the club has some sort of impact on the in-game value of players (the Portuguese league is marginally better than the Dutch one).

Regardless, all things considered, I do not think that this valuation is a fair (correct) reflection of Ziyech's value (and most other Ajax players, by extension). On objective grounds, there is very little reason for Rafa to be valued higher than Ziyech (if anything, Ziyech should be valued higher). Transfermarkt.com even values Ziyech 12 million higher than Rafa (and yes, I am aware that such data is not necessarily authorative, but if anything it is indicative). 

Ziyech is just one example: this is the case for other players as well. I will stick to Benfica players, as the two clubs are comparable. Why is Donny van de Beek (Ballon d'Or nominee) valued lower than Gabriel? Why is Tadic (Ballon d'Or nominee) valued less than Pizzi? Why is Neres (young Brazilian international) valued 20 million less than Pizzi? And so on: there are many more examples (not just when in comparison to players of Benfica, but also clubs of a similar stature). By the way, I am not saying that every Ajax player should be valued higher than the players of Benfica: on objective grounds, it cannot be denied that Ruben Dias is more valuable than Daley Blind. 

I am not saying that Ziyech is better than Rafa, or that club Ajax is better than Benfica. This is not my point. I am saying that players of Ajax are valued inaccurately, based on objective reasons (whether they be found in-game or in the real world), with Benfica's players serving as a point of reference (as it is a club of similar stature).

I know that player transfer values of some other clubs are either unrealistically high or low as well, so this issue isn't necessarily exclusive to Ajax (though it is much more prominent and pronounced than in other clubs). However, I do think that the transfer values of a club that was the semi-finalist of the Champions' League in the previous season deserve some extra care and attention. As things stand now, this game that is supposed to be a realistic simulation of the world of football is distorted from reality, especially in this regard. Ajax, as a club, deserve more respect than this. Fans of Ajax (such as myself), fans of football, and Football Manager players deserve a more realistic simulation than this -- on objective grounds, not merely based on feelings. 

To the developers: please look into this issue, as it takes away from the quality of the game: the game cannot be called a realistic simulation when the transfer values of the semi-finalist of previous season's Champions' League are this inaccurate. In addition (and I'm probably pushing my luck now), please consider changing the reputation of Ajax from "national" to "continental" (every football fan knows the name of Ajax by now, and the club is big on social media). Thank you. If you feel the same way, feel free to show your support.

Edited by Jesus, He knows me

The FC Emmen Stadium is called´JenS Vesting´, at least in the Dutch language, but it´s called ´De Oude Meerdijk´ since 2017.

http://www.dvhn.nl/sport/Stadion-FC-Emmen-omgedoopt-tot-De-Oude-Meerdijk-22783965.html

2 hours ago, Qurid said:

FC Twente doesn't appear to have a Reserve squad, even though they do IRL. I am not sure if this is intended or not, because other Eredivisie teams do have reserve squads. Only the main squad and the U19s are present.

https://www.transfermarkt.nl/jong-fc-twente-enschede/kader/verein/18026

This has been logged internally already, and should probably be fixed for full release.

2 hours ago, PepsiH said:

The Dutch Super Cup (Johan Cruijff cup) is ingame played between Ajax and Feyenoord, while it should be Ajax - PSV.

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=johan+cruij+schaal+2019

I have some internal communication on this matter from 25/9 but looks like it slipped through, I have requested an edit for this.

2 hours ago, Zek said:

Just some stuff I quickly found by skimming:

PSV

Bergwijn's contract expires in 2023. https://www.psv.nl/nieuwspagina/artikel/bergwijn-verlengt-tot-2023.htm

Malen's contract expires in 2024. https://www.psv.nl/nieuwspagina/artikel/malen-tekent-tot-2024-bij-psv.htm

Malen has kit number 9, Bergwijn 10, Gutierrez 15, Afellay 17, Ruiter 21, Pereiro 27. It's an somewhat old article, but their numbers didn't change since then. https://www.psv.nl/nieuwspagina/artikel/psv-presenteert-rugnummers-2019-2020.htm

Dutch NT

The manager (I don't know if we're allowed to say his name due to licensing issues) has a retirement date set to 30 June 2020.

Dwight Lodeweges seems to be his first assistant, not Kees van Wonderen.

Hans Jorritsma left in 2017. https://www.knvb.nl/nieuws/oranje/nederlands-elftal/41112/hans-jorritsma-vertrekt-na-21-jaar-aan-de-zijlijn-bij-oranje

Misc.

The history records for the Dutch Cup and Dutch Super Cup for last season are missing. Ajax beat Willem II in the Dutch Cup, Feyenoord beat PSV in the Super Cup. The Dutch Cup missing causes the Dutch Super Cup 2019 match to be incorrectly played between Ajax and Feyenoord.

Every award record, like Golden Boot etc., for the 2017/18 and 2018/19 seasons are missing for both Eredivisie and KKD.

PSV, Dutch NT and Cup/Super Cup history request updated.

Other records have been discussed internally, but something went wrong I'm afraid. I doubt we will see this in the full game unfortunately.

1 hour ago, michael25 said:

Dutch...

Probably some translation thing that hasn't been updated from the past - very strange as stadium names are licensed but I'm on it. Thanks.

23 minutes ago, Reddiablo said:

PSV, Dutch NT and Cup/Super Cup history request updated.

Other records have been discussed internally, but something went wrong I'm afraid. I doubt we will see this in the full game unfortunately.

Is the Koeman retirement going to be fixed? 

3 minutes ago, Boss said:

Is the Koeman retirement going to be fixed? 

As stated - Dutch NT request updated.

/// Transfer clauses:

The sale of Frenkie de Jong includes transfer clauses: 75 million is certain, 11 million depends on conditions. This clause is not included in the game. Many sources state this, for example:

https://www.ad.nl/nederlands-voetbal/frenkie-de-jong-komende-zomer-voor-recordbedrag-naar-fc-barcelona~a8b8bbfb/

The sale of Frenkie de Jong includes payments in installments: 25 million has already been paid, 50 million will be paid later (excluding clauses):

https://www.voetbalprimeur.nl/nieuws/898616/-bar-a-moet-nog-260-miljoen-aan-transfers-betalen-ook-ajax-wacht-op-fors-bedrag-.html

/// Transfer budget:

The transfer budget is overkill and not realistic. You're not going to have a budget of 75 million to work with, even though it's technically possible.

/// Bank balance:

In the previous season, Ajax made a profit (after taxes) of 52 million Euro:

https://www.vi.nl/nieuws/ajax-presenteert-indrukwekkende-jaarcijfers-en-megawinst

This profit includes the sale of Frenkie de Jong. However, Ajax has only received 25 million of this transfer, as has been stated earlier.

Liquid assets (the money you have on the bank, basically) directly after the 2018-2019 season were 62 million, as per the financial report of Ajax:https://www.voetbalprimeur.nl/nieuws/898616/-bar-a-moet-nog-260-miljoen-aan-transfers-betalen-ook-ajax-wacht-op-fors-bedrag-.html 

However, this was before the sale of some players (Dolberg, Schöne, de Wit, Sinkgraven, Kristensen) for around 35 million in total. I can't find anything about installments concerning the transfer of Dolberg (which is the only high sum out of this bunch), so I assume most of it has been paid. I assume the same for the other transfers, as they concern relatively small amounts. This was also before the incoming transfers of a bunch of players, for around 60 million in total. I can't be bothered to track down if there are any installments or clauses (that's your job), but I assume at least 40 million has already been paid and 20 is due later. So as for transfers, 35 has gone into the bank and 40 has gone out, which means that 5 million should be deducted from the bank balance (liquid assets) referenced above.

In any case, the bank balance of 117 million in game is far too high. Some figure around 60-65 is more realistic, and also solves the problem of the ridiculous transfer budget. If you take this into account along with the installments of de Ligt (which has been done properly) and de Jong (hasn't been done properly), the financial situation of the team will be reflected much more properly.

/// Players:

Naci Unuvar should have a much higher value (along with a high PA, if he doesn't have one, though I assume he does). There's a lot of hype about him, and according to reports, he's being watched by Real Madrid and Barcelona. Just turned 16, but has already been the most important player of the U19 Ajax team for quite some time.

I'm not a scout, but he's definitely more of a playmaker than a winger or inside forward. I have no clue as to why finishing (15) is his highest attribute: his passing and vision should definitely be higher than his finishing. He's much more of a Sneijder than a Robben.

Some PSV players deserve a slightly higher value as well, especially Donyell Malen.

1 hour ago, Jesus, He knows me said:

Hello everyone,

This technically is not a "bug", as it does not cause the game to function improperly, but I really think that issues like this one decrease the quality of the game. In certain regards, the game is completely detached from reality, which is very undesirable in a simulation that is supposed to be based on the real world.

Why is Rafa at Benfica valued at 37.5 million Euro while Ziyech is valued at 28.5 million Euro? This is quite a significant difference, and I do not think that it is justified. These two players are very similar in terms of attributes (I don't know their CAs, but I would be surprised if the difference between them is higher than a few points), positions, and age -- but one is valued almost 10 million Euro more than the other.

Why is this? Ziyech earns more than twice as much, so it is not the wage. Ajax is "rich" in terms of finances, while Benfica is "secure". Both clubs have a a reputation of four stars (Ajax has a "national" reputation while Benfica has a "continental" reputation, though -- not sure why that is, considering that Ajax was in the Champions' League semi-final last season and in the Europa League final seasons ago). Ajax also simply has a lot of "momentum" at the moment due to last year's success (Champions' League) and the sales of Frenkie de Jong and Matthijs de Ligt (which are "evidence" of the fact that the club is capable of demanding a high price), in addition to currently leading their group in the Champions' League. I don't know how exactly transfer values are calculated in the game, but I imagine that the national league of the club has some sort of impact on the in-game value of players (the Portuguese league is marginally better than the Dutch one).

Regardless, all things considered, I do not think that this valuation is a fair (correct) reflection of Ziyech's value (and most other Ajax players, by extension). On objective grounds, there is very little reason for Rafa to be valued higher than Ziyech (if anything, Ziyech should be valued higher). Transfermarkt.com even values Ziyech 12 million higher than Rafa (and yes, I am aware that such data is not necessarily authorative, but if anything it is indicative). 

Ziyech is just one example: this is the case for other players as well. I will stick to Benfica players, as the two clubs are comparable. Why is Donny van de Beek (Ballon d'Or nominee) valued lower than Gabriel? Why is Tadic (Ballon d'Or nominee) valued less than Pizzi? Why is Neres (young Brazilian international) valued 20 million less than Pizzi? And so on: there are many more examples (not just when in comparison to players of Benfica, but also clubs of a similar stature). By the way, I am not saying that every Ajax player should be valued higher than the players of Benfica: on objective grounds, it cannot be denied that Ruben Dias is more valuable than Daley Blind. 

I am not saying that Ziyech is better than Rafa, or that club Ajax is better than Benfica. This is not my point. I am saying that players of Ajax are valued inaccurately, based on objective reasons (whether they be found in-game or in the real world), with Benfica's players serving as a point of reference (as it is a club of similar stature).

I know that player transfer values of some other clubs are either unrealistically high or low as well, so this issue isn't necessarily exclusive to Ajax (though it is much more prominent and pronounced than in other clubs). However, I do think that the transfer values of a club that was the semi-finalist of the Champions' League in the previous season deserve some extra care and attention. As things stand now, this game that is supposed to be a realistic simulation of the world of football is distorted from reality, especially in this regard. Ajax, as a club, deserve more respect than this. Fans of Ajax (such as myself), fans of football, and Football Manager players deserve a more realistic simulation than this -- on objective grounds, not merely based on feelings. 

To the developers: please look into this issue, as it takes away from the quality of the game: the game cannot be called a realistic simulation when the transfer values of the semi-finalist of previous season's Champions' League are this inaccurate. In addition (and I'm probably pushing my luck now), please consider changing the reputation of Ajax from "national" to "continental" (every football fan knows the name of Ajax by now, and the club is big on social media). Thank you. If you feel the same way, feel free to show your support.

Thanks,

Club reputations are set on Euro performance and Ajax' reputation really isn't that great over the past several years, despite doing of course sensational especially last year. That also is a partial reason for the transfer value being a bit lower. I think we'd be better off looking at this from a development perspective at this moment.  I can't really say how it should compare to eg. Benfica; but yes some should be valued higher.

6 minutes ago, Jesus, He knows me said:

/// Transfer clauses:

The sale of Frenkie de Jong includes transfer clauses: 75 million is certain, 11 million depends on conditions. This clause is not included in the game. Many sources state this, for example:

https://www.ad.nl/nederlands-voetbal/frenkie-de-jong-komende-zomer-voor-recordbedrag-naar-fc-barcelona~a8b8bbfb/

The sale of Frenkie de Jong includes payments in installments: 25 million has already been paid, 50 million will be paid later (excluding clauses):

https://www.voetbalprimeur.nl/nieuws/898616/-bar-a-moet-nog-260-miljoen-aan-transfers-betalen-ook-ajax-wacht-op-fors-bedrag-.html

/// Transfer budget:

The transfer budget is overkill and not realistic. You're not going to have a budget of 75 million to work with, even though it's technically possible.

/// Bank balance:

In the previous season, Ajax made a profit (after taxes) of 52 million Euro:

https://www.vi.nl/nieuws/ajax-presenteert-indrukwekkende-jaarcijfers-en-megawinst

This profit includes the sale of Frenkie de Jong. However, Ajax has only received 25 million of this transfer, as has been stated earlier.

Liquid assets (the money you have on the bank, basically) directly after the 2018-2019 season were 62 million, as per the financial report of Ajax:https://www.voetbalprimeur.nl/nieuws/898616/-bar-a-moet-nog-260-miljoen-aan-transfers-betalen-ook-ajax-wacht-op-fors-bedrag-.html 

However, this was before the sale of some players (Dolberg, Schöne, de Wit, Sinkgraven, Kristensen) for around 35 million in total. I can't find anything about installments concerning the transfer of Dolberg (which is the only high sum out of this bunch), so I assume most of it has been paid. I assume the same for the other transfers, as they concern relatively small amounts. This was also before the incoming transfers of a bunch of players, for around 60 million in total. I can't be bothered to track down if there are any installments or clauses (that's your job), but I assume at least 40 million has already been paid and 20 is due later. So as for transfers, 35 has gone into the bank and 40 has gone out, which means that 5 million should be deducted from the bank balance (liquid assets) referenced above.

In any case, the bank balance of 117 million in game is far too high. Some figure around 60-65 is more realistic, and also solves the problem of the ridiculous transfer budget. If you take this into account along with the installments of de Ligt (which has been done properly) and de Jong (hasn't been done properly), the financial situation of the team will be reflected much more properly.

/// Players:

Naci Unuvar should have a much higher value (along with a high PA, if he doesn't have one, though I assume he does). There's a lot of hype about him, and according to reports, he's being watched by Real Madrid and Barcelona. Just turned 16, but has already been the most important player of the U19 Ajax team for quite some time.

I'm not a scout, but he's definitely more of a playmaker than a winger or inside forward. I have no clue as to why finishing (15) is his highest attribute: his passing and vision should definitely be higher than his finishing. He's much more of a Sneijder than a Robben.

Some PSV players deserve a slightly higher value as well, especially Donyell Malen.

For years Ajax' budget was too low, and now it's too high. Can't ever seem to please people!! ;)

I've decided to overhaul the financial aspect and have set the begroting as value as for years the Dutch clubs seem to have been financially undervalued.

Unuvar is the highest rated PA player in the Dutch database. His CA is fine. CA and PA in spoiler tag

He has a CA of 90  and a PA of -9 he has 20 for AML and for AMC and is on the same level as players such as Timber, Salah-Eddine and Raatsie.

Malen has had a very significant improvement from FM19 and we will have to wait and see how he keeps on developing.

6 minutes ago, Reddiablo said:

Thanks,

Club reputations are set on Euro performance and Ajax' reputation really isn't that great over the past several years, despite doing of course sensational especially last year. That also is a partial reason for the transfer value being a bit lower. I think we'd be better off looking at this from a development perspective at this moment.  I can't really say how it should compare to eg. Benfica; but yes some should be valued higher.

Please have a look at the club coefficient list:

https://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/uefarankings/club/#/yr/2020

Ajax is right below Benfica, and above MANY clubs with a continental reputation in-game (no clue as to why FC Porto has a worldwide reputation), so I do think that Ajax deserves a continental reputation, going by that logic. I don't think it's sensible for some Brazilian clubs, CSKA Moscow, Wolfsburg, Bilbao, Fiorentina, and so on to be "continental" while Ajax isn't. Perhaps it should also be taken into account that Dutch teams are required to play qualifiers, which makes it harder to consistently collect points, if you're unlucky. I would also like to stress that not only last season was sensational, as Ajax also reached the Europea League final three seasons ago: only the season after that one was very poor. This season is shaping up to be decent as well, at the very least, so only one season out of the last four has been bad. 

I do hope that you have taken note of de Jong's clauses not being in-game. If you're going to keep the balance as it is, then I guess you can ignore de Jong's installments. 

Good to hear that Naci Unuvar has been rated so highly. I do hope that his value will develop accordingly, which is why I made such a big deal out of the transfer values. In FM 2019, I was rarely if ever able to sell de Ligt and de Jong for as much as they went for in real life (not even PSG and Manchester City were willing to pay three times their market values, which usually capped out somewhere along 25 million). That definitely is really frustrating, so I really hope something will change this year.

In any case, thank you for addressing my comments and taking note of them.

3 hours ago, RDl said:

The trophies won by ajax last year not showing up in the milestones of the players of that squad, eg De Ligt, Blind, etc.

Looking into this, attempting to fix. (It's an annoying piece of work, but hopefully will get this resolved)

I kept every initial expectation the same, but added reaching the knockout stages of the Champions' Cup by 2021/2022. You can see the reaction in the attached image.

I don't think that the chairman should be treating me as if I'm insane for suggesting this, especially with last season and this season's (real life) start in hindsight and current season's transfer budget in mind. ;p Probably another good reason to increase the reputation. 

Tested 2024 afterwards, the same happened and the discussion ended.

20191101001318_2.jpg

Edited by Jesus, He knows me

Feyenoord, Ajax, PSV and AZ are in the first round of the TOTO KNVB Beker, whilst IRL they're given a bye due to European games.

3 hours ago, motdattan said:

Feyenoord, Ajax, PSV and AZ are in the first round of the TOTO KNVB Beker, whilst IRL they're given a bye due to European games.

Thank you for logging this, this has also been posted here and will be handled there further:

Hi Red, new year same topic. Hope you are doing well!

Back with another post about data issues, primarily about Ajax, might be back later if I find more stuff. Have a look:

Dutch National Team

·       Patrick Kluivert is still the Dutch team all time topscorer. However, this should be Robin van Persie (50 goals).

Ajax

·       In FM, Sonny Silooy is a first team coach for Ajax. In real life, he’s not contracted to Ajax.

·       In FM, Sander Krabbendam is a first team goalkeeper coach for Ajax. In real life, he is a youth goalkeeper coach, responsible for the U15 and U16’s and as such should not be included in the game. Proof: https://www.voetbalrotterdam.nl/2019/07/sander-krabbendam-van-club-brugge-naar-ajax/

·       In FM, Casimir Westerveld is a first team coach for Ajax. In real life, he’s the head of youth recruitment at Ajax. Proof: https://www.linkedin.com/in/casimir-westerveld-46316136/?originalSubdomain=nl

·       In FM, Alessandro Schoenmaker is a first team coach for Ajax. In real life, he’s a first team fitness coach. Proof: https://www.ajaxshowtime.com/article/hoofdnieuws/123799/voor-mij-reden-om-schoenmaker-naar-ajax-te-halen

·       In FM, Ajax have no set club doctor and as such, a newgen is appointed. In real life, Niels Wijne is the club doctor and head of the medical staff. Proof: https://www.ajax.nl/streams/actueel/wijzigingen-medische-en-performance-staf-ajax-1.htm

·       In FM, Maarten Gozeling is a physio at Ajax. In real life, he’s the head physio. Proof: https://www.ajax.nl/streams/actueel/wijzigingen-medische-en-performance-staf-ajax-1.htm

·       In FM, Björn Rekelhof is a fitness coach at Ajax. In real life, he’s a performance coach. Granted, I’m not completely sure what the roles and responsibilities are of both jobs, but a case can be made that he should be a sport scientist instead of fitness coach. Leave this one up to you, of course! Proof: https://www.ajax.nl/streams/actueel/wijzigingen-medische-en-performance-staf-ajax-1.htm

·       In FM, Roy Wessling is scout for Ajax. In real life, he’s a combined scout and analyst. Proof: https://www.linkedin.com/in/roy-wesseling-5302b028?originalSubdomain=nl

·       In FM, Erik Heijblok is a U19 goalkeeper coach for Ajax. In real life, he’s the U12-U16 goalkeeper coach and as such should not be in the game. Proof: https://www.linkedin.com/in/erik-heijblok-0b541330/?originalSubdomain=nl

·       In FM, Stan Bijl is a U19 goalkeeper coach for Ajax. In real life, he’s a U12-U13 goalkeeper coach and as such should not be in the game. Proof: https://www.ajaxshowtime.com/article/bijzaken-en-geruchten/109192/bijl-stopt-bij-de-dijk-voor-trainerschap-bij-ajax

·       In FM, Misha Salden is a U19 coach for Ajax. In real life, he’s a U13/U14 coach. Proof: https://www.nhnieuws.nl/nieuws/250924/misha-salden-aan-de-slag-in-de-jeugdopleiding-van-ajax

·       In FM, Michel Kreek is a U19 coach for Ajax. In real life, he’s a youth team coordinator. Proof: https://www.at5.nl/artikelen/195560/michel-kreek-nieuwe-jeugdcoordinator-ajax

·       In FM, Cedric van der Gun is a U19 coach for Ajax. In real life, he’s a youth team coach for the ‘onderbouw’, which is U9-U12. Proof: https://www.voetbalprimeur.nl/nieuws/746340/mutaties-bij-ajax-heitinga-aan-roer-van-vlaggenschip-van-de-opleiding-.html

·       In FM, Frank Peereboom is a U19 coach for Ajax. In real life, he’s the opposition scout / match analyst for Ajax. Proof: https://www.linkedin.com/in/frank-peereboom-234a105a/?originalSubdomain=nl

·       In FM, Kelvin Duffree is a U19 coach for Ajax. In real life, he’s a U13 coach. Proof: https://www.ajaxshowtime.com/article/bijzaken-en-geruchten/112617/update-ii-ook-jeugdtrainer-duffree-van-az-naar-ajax

·       There’s still an active clause for Stefano Denswil (20% of next transfer fee). He’s made a transfer this year to Bologna, which, to the best of my knowledge, should invalidate that clause.

·       Question: how is the record fee for a player calculated? In FM, Miralem Sulejmani is Ajax’s record signing (18,365,000 EU). The direct transfer free from Ajax to Heerenveen was 16,25M. Later on, it was announced that Ajax paid a commission of 1,65M to an agent, which, even if it was included, is still shy of the 18,365M in FM.

Which brings me to my next point: Daley Blind was signed for 16M in 2018, including potential clauses, this figure could become 20,5M. This doesn’t include potential fees to agents, which, as far as I know, is pretty common anyway. As such, I feel Blind’s transfer should be Ajax record transfer anno 2019. Proof: https://www.ajax.nl/streams/actueel/ajax-rondt-transfer-daley-blind-af-.htm

·       In FM, Wesley Sneijder’s transfer to Real Madrid is still the record for highest transfer fee received. In real life, Frenkie de Jong’s transfer to Barcelona should be the record: 75M + 11M in clauses would make it 86M. Proof: https://www.ajax.nl/streams/actueel/ajax-en-fc-barcelona-bereiken-akkoord-over-frenkie-de-jong-.htm

·       In FM, there’s currently no record holder for most overall goals by a player in a season. In real life, it should be Henk Groot (55 goals in 60/61. Proof: https://www.afc-ajax.info/nl/overzicht/topscorers-per-seizoen

·       In FM, Clarence Seedorf is still the youngest player for Ajax ever (16 years and 210 days). In real life, Ryan Gravenberch is the youngest to ever debut with his 16 years and 130 days. Proof: https://www.voetbalprimeur.nl/nieuws/842458/gravenberch-16-maakt-debuut-voor-ajax-ik-ben-altijd-eerlijk-ik-had-zenuwen-.html

·       In FM, there is currently no record holder for youngest player to score. In real life, it’s Clarence Seedorf (16 years and 361 days). Proof: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_AFC_Ajax_records_and_statistics

·       In FM, there is currently no record holder for oldest player to score. In real life, it’s Andre Ooijer (37 years and 300 days). Proof: https://www.hln.be/sport/voetbal/buitenlands-voetbal/eredivisie/andre-ooijer-wordt-oudste-doelpuntenmaker-ajax-in-laatste-officiele-wedstrijd~acfba3e7/?referer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F

·        

Eredivisie awards have not been updated since 2016-17. The same problem existed with FM19 which I personally reported but it did not get resolved.

Without knowing the exact value (though I'd venture to guess it's the same as in FM19), I feel Huntelaar's reputation is too high. In my first press conference as Dutch National Team manager, I got the question if Huntelaar would be key to any success I'd have. A bit weird for a player who has not been called up for the Dutch team since 2015!

Teun Koopmeiners has been a penalty specialist in real life. This does not reflect in his attributes.

Furthermore, I think that players like Koopmeiners, Stengs and Boadu are bit underrated at the moment, considering that these 3 are all mentioned as potential call-ups for the Dutch NT, with Stengs already being pre-selected.

8 hours ago, Lars1987 said:

Boyd Reith from free agent to Sparta Rotterdam

Requested this thanks, ideally should you find more things please link to some proof?  That saves me just a little bit of time.

59 minutes ago, 3pehr the gr8 said:

Eredivisie awards have not been updated since 2016-17. The same problem existed with FM19 which I personally reported but it did not get resolved.

What exactly do you mean with awards? Do you mean the actual competition winners or do you mean achievements?

24 minutes ago, diLLa88 said:

Teun Koopmeiners has been a penalty specialist in real life. This does not reflect in his attributes.

Furthermore, I think that players like Koopmeiners, Stengs and Boadu are bit underrated at the moment, considering that these 3 are all mentioned as potential call-ups for the Dutch NT, with Stengs already being pre-selected.

Koopmeiners has a penalty stat of 14 which is already quite high. It's a bit subjective though, I agree he is a good penalty taker. This might improve in future as long as he keeps on shooting penalties well.  Actually, I'll request to set this to 16, I'm ok with that - he has scored a few more since data lock.

I am actually running a test game with AZ, look at Boadu's goal scoring record (see image)

All three players have also seen a boost since FM19 in CA and for some even in PA.  Whilst they are still behind the current Dutch NT players in CA, I don't believe you would do badly to pick them for the National Team as a rotational player, but I don't see them consistently feature at the moment, no.

3333.JPG

1 hour ago, Chef Raekwon said:

Without knowing the exact value (though I'd venture to guess it's the same as in FM19), I feel Huntelaar's reputation is too high. In my first press conference as Dutch National Team manager, I got the question if Huntelaar would be key to any success I'd have. A bit weird for a player who has not been called up for the Dutch team since 2015!

That's interesting.

Looking at the reputations of players, which is one of the major factors to select the NT:

(Dost 138)
Huntelaar 137
L. de Jong 136
Weghorst 132

So out of the pure strikers he is rated the highest based on HR, even though there is very little difference. Not enough of to call him the "messias" - although if I'm honest he is both far away from the national squad but still, would he do badly?

I'll see if we can still tweak this slightly.

edit - following up on your other post later today

4 minutes ago, Bigpole said:

Iman Griffith - should be in AZ Alkmaar

That's obscure, he's set at AZ in my database - looks like something is wrong.  Requesting to be fixed.  Thanks as always :)

Just now, Reddiablo said:

That's obscure, he's set at AZ in my database - looks like something is wrong.  Requesting to be fixed.  Thanks as always :)

image.thumb.png.4b7c1882a9e781fb860e3068f4928f3a.png

this is what I have in the game, but I hope it will be fixed.

Griffith - the problem is that his JobForClub, which should be set as "Player", is blank. I've fixed that (and for three other AZ young players) now and that fix will appears in the Release Database.

(Reminding everyone that this is BETA database at the moment).