Sports Interactive Community
Simon Tipple

[Hong Kong] Data Issues

Please post any data issues related to Hong Kong here.

As much of the data is subjective we’d ask that you respect everyone’s opinion and accept that the final decision is that of our club researchers and our heads of research.          

We also request you please adhere to the following three point plan when posting in the data topics:

·        State what you think is specifically wrong with a particular piece of data.              

·        State what you think the data should be.                            

·        State reasons/proof for your suggested corrections/improvements.                         

Please note that any non-data issues for Hong Kong should be posted in the appropriate thread within the League Specific Issues Forum. This would include issues such as league scheduling and league rules.

Mixu Paatelainen is manager of Hong Kong national team.

Liu Chun Fai is coach, not manager.

As a local fans, I don't really think if I have ever heard of 'Gutierrez Erling'.I think it is a miss click on the player's nationality,since 'Honduras'(where he is) is right next to 'Hong Kong'

3 часа назад, HKLocal сказал:

As a local fans, I don't really think if I have ever heard of 'Gutierrez Erling'.I think it is a miss click on the player's nationality,since 'Honduras'(where he is) is right next to 'Hong Kong'

already reported. 

Hi 

I'm discovered several bugs related to Hong Kong in game.

First, I’ve noted a bug from hong kong first division (which is not able without editor data) on its Ticket Price and Seasonal pass Price no matter how i edit the data of the Clubs the ticket price and seasonal pass price stay like. 0.5pounds and 15pounds respectively. Its not caused by the popularity of Nation / Comp / Club. other division in HK like premier / second / third division wont have such problem. It affect when a Club is relegation from premier Club or promoted from second division, their finance would go worse due to the match income are limited. Even the team got promoted to premier again, their match income still be discounted due to this bug. It caused quite significant impact to long terms games of Hong Kong League. 

Please let me know if i should post this to other post. Thanks

Secondly, the call up squard rules of HK-Caton Cup, both of the teams called up Hong Kong Leagues players HK with HK league players (local & foreign) / Caton with China Nation players in HK league which is wrong, the HK team should include players with HK nation only, no foreign players should included) 

For the Canton team, it should call up players birth from Guangdong only if cant do this better just like previous years call up the players from Guangzhou Clubs which is more reasonable than calling up China players from HK league. 

Chau Cheuk Sing, Kitchee Hong Kong 23498611

birthday should be 15/1/2002, and also can play as centre mid

18 hours ago, wai said:

Chau Cheuk Sing, Kitchee Hong Kong 23498611

birthday should be 15/1/2002, and also can play as centre mid

This probably is just the tip of the iceberg.

Hong Kong database has always been inaccurate even with the factual details. (I might as well post it here as the Hong Kong post got technically ignored since 21 January 2020) 

And I am pretty sure that at least one of the team members knows Chinese or Cantonese, which made me wonder how they got such basics wrong.

Fernando Recio, a former Hong Kong international, got is Hong Kong Nationality on the end of 2017(at the age of 34 or 35), played for Hong Kong for 4 senior games, but those lads said he played for the Hong Kong U20, never played a senior game.

We have someone whose age is like in their 50s, stopped playing even amateur football 12 years ago, still existing in the game as player/staff, and the game always generates their age wrongly despite having the correct DOB inside because they are just too old. (Tam Ah Fook)

Aries Fung (Kwun Ming) was signed by the champions of Hong Kong Premier League, Tai Po on 2019 and played for them ever since. In the latest 20.3 update he got removed for no reason.

We have players that are not eligible to play for Hong Kong at any sense (Erling Gutierrez) as that player was from Honduras and have no connections with Hong Kong by any means, but still had his nationality set as Hong Kong.

Not to say they mess up the positions and the date of birth of more than half of the Hong Kong players.

In the older versions of the game, Fetsus Baise was once representing Ghana for 11 games instead of Hong Kong despite by that time he was already playing as a Hong Kong International.

I would like to contact those who are working on the database for Hong Kong so that I can personally tell them the more than a few hundred mistakes that they made.

We had some Hong Kong fans who knew the Hong Kong Game well and they had managed to make changes accordingly through making an editor data, made like 50k changes and still counting, with quite a lot of them missing data and wrong position and DOB.

This needs to change, ASAP, no matter through personnel addition or change.  

Edited by Ttggfr
Typo

7 hours ago, Ttggfr said:

This probably is just the tip of the iceberg.

Hong Kong database has always been inaccurate even with the factual details. (I might as well post it here as the Hong Kong post got technically ignored since 21 January 2020) 

And I am pretty sure that at least one of the team members knows Chinese or Cantonese, which made me wonder how they got such basics wrong.

Fernando Recio, a former Hong Kong international, got is Hong Kong Nationality on the end of 2017(at the age of 34 or 35), played for Hong Kong for 4 senior games, but those lads said he played for the Hong Kong U20, never played a senior game.

We have someone whose age is like in their 50s, stopped playing even amateur football 12 years ago, still existing in the game as player/staff, and the game always generates their age wrongly despite having the correct DOB inside because they are just too old. (Tam Ah Fook)

Aries Fung (Kun Ming) was signed by the champions of Hong Kong Premier League, Tai Po on 2019 and played for them ever since. In the latest 20.3 update he got removed for no reason.

We have players that are not eligible to play for Hong Kong at any sense (Erling Gutierrez) as that player was from Honduras and have no connections with Hong Kong by any means, but still had his nationality set as Hong Kong.

Not to say they mess up the positions and the date of birth of more than half of the Hong Kong players.

In the older versions of the game, Fetsus Baise was once representing Ghana for 11 games instead of Hong Kong despite by that time he was already playing as a Hong Kong International.

I would like to contact those who are working on the database for Hong Kong so that I can personally tell them the more than a few hundred mistakes that they made.

We had some Hong Kong fans who knew the Hong Kong Game well and they had managed to make changes accordingly through making an editor data, made like 50k changes and still counting, with quite a lot of them missing data and wrong position and DOB.

This needs to change, ASAP, no matter through personnel addition or change.  

Hi @Ttggfr,I have moved your post to the Hong Kong thread and will ask a member of the Research and Database team to take a look at your findings tomorrow. Thanks.

There are a few examples we can work with. Historical errors are in the past - eg Festus Baise is now listed as Hong Kong international.

Erling Gutierrez is a mistake of the Honduras research team. He is a Honduras player mistakenly with the wrong nationality set. Believe it or not, mistakes can happen. That's been amended for the forthcoming update. So has Recio's international caps, put in the wrong field in the database in error. 

However, you are prone to exaggerate, as people are in this forum. "More than half" of the players being wrong is simply you plucking a big number out of thin air. 

Tam Ah Fook is an error with the person's classification being set as "player instead of "non-player". A simple error that often gets made when someone retires. That's been updated now too.

If you log the errors here, we can try to fix them (given that the deadline for the data update is very soon, and we have many items to work through and test). If you do not log errors and sit around moaning about them but keep them to yourself, we can't. It's as basic as that, really.

Internally, here at SI, we are moving how the database is managed and maintained through a huge project, which will involve adding to the research team in all nations. Including Hong Kong. We'd like to bring you into the research team to be able to fix such issues as source, and to help make the HK data as soon as you can.

22 hours ago, Gripper said:

There are a few examples we can work with. Historical errors are in the past - eg Festus Baise is now listed as Hong Kong international.

Erling Gutierrez is a mistake of the Honduras research team. He is a Honduras player mistakenly with the wrong nationality set. Believe it or not, mistakes can happen. That's been amended for the forthcoming update. So has Recio's international caps, put in the wrong field in the database in error. 

However, you are prone to exaggerate, as people are in this forum. "More than half" of the players being wrong is simply you plucking a big number out of thin air. 

Tam Ah Fook is an error with the person's classification being set as "player instead of "non-player". A simple error that often gets made when someone retires. That's been updated now too.

If you log the errors here, we can try to fix them (given that the deadline for the data update is very soon, and we have many items to work through and test). If you do not log errors and sit around moaning about them but keep them to yourself, we can't. It's as basic as that, really.

Internally, here at SI, we are moving how the database is managed and maintained through a huge project, which will involve adding to the research team in all nations. Including Hong Kong. We'd like to bring you into the research team to be able to fix such issues as source, and to help make the HK data as soon as you can.

If that means that I can contribute as a member of the research team I am more than willing to do so.

Here are also a few updates and mistakes you guys can take in

Godfred (1008115) had moved to Kitchee for the remainder of this season

Jaimes Mckee (7401890) retired from professional football like a few months before the 20.3 update

Koon Wing Yee (133754) is player/chairman, not player/assistant manager as he owns the club Wing Yee

Lee Fuk Wing (133763) belongs to the same category as Tam Ah Fook

Shin-ichi Chan (23457647) should not have the - in between while displaying as that is Japanese and not meant to be interpreted like Cantonese.

I am still working on the list of the errors made so I would just be listing a few.

Most premier league clubs in Hong Kong have their official sites and their official social media page that data access is pretty easy, the database team should take a look at them as some of these sites update regularly and would have the details of the youth players. Rather than input the wrong DOB and wrong position of quite a few of the youth players ( Have a long list of Missing/wrong DOB and position I have yet to compile, but it is at least >150), the Hong Kong database team might want to check them out.

I have also realized that the yau yee league official website was used quite often by the HK Database research team, judging from the database. Just a quick suggestion to add on that they might want to check the active dates of the players listed on that site as well. If the site mentioned they were deactivated, it basically means that they are out of that particular club.

I might be exaggerating in terms of wording, which I am apologizing for. However the issue stays the same, the accuracy of the HK Database falls below the expectations of Hong Kong players for quite a while, which it needs to be fixed ASAP given that SI and the FM database team is quite large, people do have certain standards that they are expecting.        

Thanks for that.

You have not provided one single date for any of those events or changes. When did Godfred move, for example? You see, it's not just as easy as listing something you find wrong, doing the research is more than that.

When did Mckee retire? The database does not accept the phrase "a few months before the 20.3.0 update".

Fuk Wing Lee - you have not told me what job he should have, if he is not a player. 

1 hour ago, Gripper said:

Thanks for that.

You have not provided one single date for any of those events or changes. When did Godfred move, for example? You see, it's not just as easy as listing something you find wrong, doing the research is more than that.

When did Mckee retire? The database does not accept the phrase "a few months before the 20.3.0 update". 

Fuk Wing Lee - you have not told me what job he should have, if he is not a player. 

(https://www.offside.hk/hkteam/jaimes-mckee-retires-im-incredibly-lucky-to-have-represented-hk-for-so-many-years/) (The date stated in the article for Mckee retirement actually is July 2019)

https://www.yauyeeleague.com/en/player.php?id=20060921183344-084234&team_id= (For the Lee Fuk Wing case, he probably needs to be removed from the game as he had stopped playing in 15 September 2011)

For Godfred, his news article in Chinese is here (https://www.hk01.com/即時體育/430524/港超聯-傑志簽34歲高梵-港人入境台灣需隔離-亞協再現變數)

The date for the transfer is 5 Feb 2020

These are the sources I provide, tho the database research team should have access to all these sources already as Hong Kong Football has only a few well-known and credible sources. Should they be following Hong Kong Premier League they should have updated it.

I and some other Hong Kong players of Football Manager are well-aware that research is more than just listing, but sometimes the errors in the information can only be found when you are on the pitch and ask the players themselves considering the leagues below Hong Kong Premier League are amateur leagues that the only way to gather information is that.

The Hong Kong database team, from what I know, had been working on this league for over a decade.  You may not knew about this and expected the accuracy of Hong Kong database be like the English Leagues, however it has not been the case. Mistakes are acceptable but not to such degree.

I hope you guys understand, even though the community are more than willing to help out with identifying mistakes, SI and the research team should make sure their work is the best to their abilities before even posting it, and this clearly was not the case with Hong Kong database. 

Hi, noticed an inaccuracy with the Hong Kong naming. The name states that HK is part of China PR, which isn't correct.

image.thumb.png.80244b2fb0d627910475dd3760ddde49.png