Sports Interactive Community
Simon Tipple

[Ireland] Data Issues

Please post any data issues related to Ireland here.

As much of the data is subjective we’d ask that you respect everyone’s opinion and accept that the final decision is that of our club researchers and our heads of research.          

We also request you please adhere to the following three point plan when posting in the data topics:

·        State what you think is specifically wrong with a particular piece of data.              

·        State what you think the data should be.                            

·        State reasons/proof for your suggested corrections/improvements.                         

Please note that any non-data issues for Ireland should be posted in the appropriate thread within the League Specific Issues Forum. This would include issues such as league scheduling and league rules.

John Cotter is no longer Cork City Assistant Manager, he left the club in July.

New assistant to be announced any day now. WIll update

Edited by scotty-corkcityfc

Steve Walford isn't part of the Ireland national coaching team 

23 hours ago, lblanc said:

Steve Walford isn't part of the Ireland national coaching team 

Thanks - have updated Walford for the release version of the database.

Cork City

• Kevin O'Connor has an error in his history section; in his career stats, he has joined Cork City on loan in 2018, and again in 2019, while his milestones section has him joining City on loan on the 01/02/2019, and again on the 08/02/2019.
  • Karl Sheppard is the current manager of Avondale United in the Munster Senior League (not sure how this is going to work seeing as he has recently joined Shelbourne, though).
  • Alec Byrne is rated as only being a potential First Division player; he has long been regarded as one of City's brightest prospects and had it not been for some bad injuries he would have been in the first team sooner. Neale Fenn seems to rate him quite highly anyway, as he featured fairly regularly for City towards the end of the season, and looked comfortable, so I would recommend that Byrne gets his PA bumped up to a good Premier Division player level, with his CA being increased to leading First Division/decent Premier Division level.
  • David Harrington, Cian MurphyRory Doyle and Dale Holland have all signed professional contracts at City.
  • None of the Cork City players have any statistics and histories for the 2019 season.
  • Cork City's kits are incorrect; the away is black, while the third kit is gold.
  • Cork City have Cobh Ramblers down as a rival (Cobh having City as a fierce rival), there isn't a rivalry between the two clubs really, not a bad one anyway.
  • Dundalk and Shelbourne should be added as Fierce Rivals (Competitive) to Cork City (and vice versa).

Other

• Charlie Fleming isn't playing with Cobh Ramblers anymore, he joined Limerick at the start of 2019.
  • Paul Hunt doesn't have any history for the 2017 season (28 appearances in the First Division for Cobh Ramblers).
  • Mallow United play at Mallow Town Park; St. Gobnait's Park is where their youth sides play.
  • Avondale United are based in Carrigaline, not Cork city.
  • Dave O'Keefe is playing as goalkeeper for Avondale United; he appears to have retired from playing and went on to manage Avondale between 2014 and 2016.
  • Danny O'Connell signed for Avondale from Carrigaline United in 2017.
  • Roy Long left Avondale for Kilreen Celtic in 2016 before joining Ringmahon Rangers in 2017
  • Eric Grimes signed for Ringmahon Rangers after leaving Derry City.
  • Simon Holland joined Avondale in 2015.
  • Ray Lally joined Midleton in 2017.
  • Danny Morrissey signed for Midleton in 2019.
  • Cathal Lordan no longer plays for UCC.
  • Sean O'Mahony signed for UCC after leaving Cork City at the end of 2017, before joining College Corinthians in 2018.
  • Greg Yelverton works with UCC as "FAI Facilitator"; he is still part of Leeds AFC's squad in game.
  • David Kiely, Dave Warren and Jamie Murphy (all playing for Mayfield United in game) are at different clubs; Kiely left Mayfield for Avondale in 2013 and played for them until 2017, Warren left Mayfield for Avondale in 2013 and seemingly retired in 2016, managing Avondale for a period of time, while Murphy has been playing for Avondale as of 2017, following a brief spell at Rockmount after leaving Mayfield in 2015.
  • Jordan Keegan has been playing for Rockmount since 2018.

@Simon Tipple

Kilworth Celtic play in Kilworth and their stadium is Sheila Flynn Park (approximate location).

Liam O'Connor, currently of Blarney United in game, is a coach at Leeds AFC.

Chris McCarthy, formerly of Cobh Ramblers, has been playing for Mayfield United since February 2018.

Greg O'Halloran (former Cork City player) is currently playing for Carrigaline United.

Karl Caulfield (last played for Cobh Ramblers in 2018) joined Avondale in the summer of 2018.

Adam Mitchell (last played for Bray Wanderers in 2015) joined Inchicore Athletic in 2016.

David Scully (last played for Finn Harps in 2018) played for Bluebell United between February 2017 and July 2018, and has since been playing for Hardwicke FC.

Paul Deasy (last played for Cork City in 2010) has been Cork City's Commercial and Marketing Manager since January 2019.

Wayne Doherty returned to Rockmount in March 2019 after leaving Cobh Ramblers.

Dean Carpenter and Darren Clarke both returned to Collinstown in 2018 after leaving Shamrock Rovers at the end of 2017.

Edited by adineen98
Included links

Grounds for Cork based teams:

The A Championship Group needs to be specified as a tier 3 competition to make the history graph read correctly.

Missing history for Cobh Ramblers (589)

2009 - A Championship Group 2 - Pos 9/9, Pld 16, Won 1, Drn 3, Lst 12, GF 11, GA 32, Pts 6

Edited by brookie1402

Steven Gough (556041) is living in Qatar and is the assistant manager of a team called Lusail Sports Club

Ciaran Kelly (561396) is a coach at Lusail Sports Club

Evening all, been a few years but got this years version and playing my test save with Man Utd on the standard DB with no changes & checked and a few glaring things standing out at first glance:

Jack Byrne of all people is for some reason on a month to month contract with Shamrock Rovers since 7/12/18? He's on a contract until the end of the Irish 2020 season, if not 2021.

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/national-league/stephen-bradley-shamrock-rovers-in-no-rush-to-sell-jack-byrne-1.4024920

Dundalk

Drogheda are down as rivals but it's not down as a derby match which it is

Shamrock Rovers should be added as historic and competitive rivals

City Calling Stadium in Longford is down as the clubs Champions League venue, I presume for CAT3/4 CLQ 3rd round/ EL 3rd round, that should be Tallaght Stadium and has been the case for several years. Proof can be seen from every post CL R3  European game Dundalk have played in the last several years.

Training, Data and Youth facilities should be above basic, the club have had a Youth Development Centre for years and spent 500k upgrading it last winter, particularly for data & video analysis and youth/ first team training and gym facilities.

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/league-of-ireland/500k-plan-should-help-champions-dundalk-adapt-to-life-after-stephen-kenny-37818923.html

https://dundalksport.ie/dfc-a-new-dawn-a-new-day-dundalk-fc-return-for-pre-season-8d453f6afd9c

To be fair, even as a fan, the club shouldn't have excellent youth recruitment, it's light years away from Shamrock Rovers who only have average youth recruitment & Bohs even with the Kevins agreement.

The LOI clubs who have link ups with schoolboy clubs for the underage leagues should have them as affiliate clubs to replicate the real world structure in game as closely as possible. I.E. Bohs should have Kevin's as a long term affiliate, Bray  St Joseph's Boys etc.

Will post more when I go through the DB myself to fix as much as I can before I start my LOI save, I know we're small fry over here and Mark does his best but whatever about updated transfers and squads, still a lot of the same things missed or incorrect.

Oh and seen it on twitter from someone else's save and it's just happened in my save too; as much as I love the man, John Gill seems to always get the Ireland Job when Mick McCarthy leaves! :D Can it be set that Mick leaves on 31/7/20 with it hard coded that Stephen Kenny takes over on 1/8/2020?

EDIT

Mick also resigned after the euro qualifiers and didn't stay on for the play offs, even though that seems to be hard coded ok and we got Slovakia, no idea if or how that could be resolved though!

Edited by gerardpique

David Hurley (52089959) is left footed not right. Source is a youtube video showing him taking every shot in a challenge with his left foot.

Vice-capitan of Republic of Ireland national team is Shane Duffy (Brighton & Hove Albion)

Tolka Park causes some issues in game (not sure if this is a league specific issue necessarily but cannot think of a better place to post). The attendance is set to 9,680 in the db with 6000 seats but with an actual max usage of 6000 in any match (listed as 6000 for normal matches). This is generally correct as the Drumcondra end is unsafe and closed in real life (though the New Stand is currently closed although work is being done to change that too so technically the max attendance is 4,500ish)

However the flaw in game is that the board and the statistics can only max out as seeing the stadium as 60% full meaning have it's basically impossible to get a new stadium built no matter how much support you have (and money). I know in real life, Shelbourne are meant to moving into the new Dalymount whenever that happens but that could be years down the line even if it does. I think the fix is to make the board understand the attendance data with respect to the 6000 number instead of the 9680 number

Limerick are still in the 1st Division on my game, albeit with greyed out players, should Shamrock 2's not be in there to replace them?