Sports Interactive Community
Simon Tipple

[Scotland] Data Issues

52 minutes ago, patryk18 said:

Adam Cross has today signed for Turriff United in the Highland League, on a deal keeping him at the club till 2022. He should currently be a free agent with his last club being Turriff United.

Are you Adam Cross by any chance? :D

Dundee FC

Danny Johnson- Can comfortably play striker and AML- has played this position in recent weeks

Andrew Nelson- Can comfortably play striker and AML and AMR- has played this position in recent weeks

Declan Mcdaid- can play ML/MR/AML and AMR- has played this all season

Josh Todd-  can play ML/MR/AML and AMR- has played this all season when used

Josh Mcpake- can play ML/MR/AML and AMR- has played this all season when used

Partick Thistle:

Sean McGinty starts the game as being on the transfer list despite making 36 appearances (28 in the league, all starts) and has been ever present this season.

22 hours ago, Stuart Milne said:

I just want to make a point regarding issues people are having with 'Player X should have more for this attribute'..

We tend to consider the most important stat to be a player's Current Ability, and the other attributes are crafted around that. So if we say "This player is this good out of 200 compared to the other players at his club, the others in his league, the other players in the nation and the other players internationally" then the attributes often work in harmony with that. The attributes are weighted based on the position a player plays as well.

So if we say "Player X is worth a Current Ability of 110" then his attributes have to work within that. A long time ago, attributes and current ability weren't linked, and it didn't work, which is why almost 20 years later Mark Kerr is still so well known from CM.

Now I say this because if people think a player should have certain attributes increased, then other attributes have to decrease to balance it out, if we want that player to work within the structure we've established.

To use Morelos as an example; I think there's a consensus that his composure is too low, and that's fine. We agree and it's a mistake, so we've fixed it. However, if we want him to still be a player rated at 140 then if we increase composure a little, then to balance it out, one or two other stats may have to go down a bit. And we've done that with crossing and passing.

But be aware that if you feel strongly about a certain attribute needing increase, come to us and tell us what should decrease so we can balance it out. Otherwise all that happens is players get too good.

I think this is a very good and fair point. Would it be fair, using Morelos as an example, if we came as said I think 140CA is too low and it restricts his stats based on what he offers in real life for his club at say Europa League level? Using for example a 145CA would be a better balance of where the player is at currently? 

im not saying this is the case. Genuinely something to consider however. Im unsure how other Columbian strikers, and bar Eduard from this thread SPFL strikers are rated. This is the downside of having an open thread during the beta unless those that use some of the unnamed third party places (i dont) this isnt a statistic we can see in game. Im sure last year once we had full release I had a very constructive discussion with one of either yourself or your team in regards to some players, because I was able to access the editor and get the facts. PA is a huge factor in this aswell I think highlighted by an earlier discussion you had on young Dembele where someone rolled the lower end of his PA scale.  That PA could have been fixed as we've seem with Celtic players in the past of similar game experience or fits 4 different minus values from memory. The big issue with that is by the time we have editor its locked (as far as im aware) until Winter update. Many of us won't restart saves then. That's not necessarily the issue with the research team just the way its done. But for me highlights maybe a small issue. Would it even be a disaster to increase CA a small amount to account for the above issue with composure (in truth i agree CA does seem to be the magic number when doing a database but truthfully i have 0 idea how its actually made up) but if moving morelos to say 10 composure without any other stat changes how would that boost effect his CA?  Aaron Hickey at Hearts for example im unsure of, Ive seen many critise his PA while in my save hes showing as 4.5* (Rangers) - i can only assume hes got a minus PA? but without editor I cannot know to discuss that. 

This is me just trying to understand better so I can offer better feedback going forward and me highlighting an issue in this system i believe to be the case. I in no way mean to critise anyone or how anything is done, but we all share a love of FM and for myself Rangers, and will rarely manage outwith Scotland other than journeyman saves. So for me having the Scottish database as strong as possible is something I love to see. And i think on the most part we have that. 

Edited by wardog

be4a91456152bbd05146949b500cb8df.png

Socks are wrong for Celtics home kit. I believe it has been mentioned but thought I would add a screenshot.

2 hours ago, Hairycull said:

be4a91456152bbd05146949b500cb8df.png

Socks are wrong for Celtics home kit. I believe it has been mentioned but thought I would add a screenshot.

Seems to happen a lot in terms of wrong socks with Celtic, and maybe other clubs, but not sure it is a data issue. Is there somewhere else we can raise this within the site to make sure it gets looked at?

On 04/11/2019 at 18:18, Stuart Milne said:

I just want to make a point regarding issues people are having with 'Player X should have more for this attribute'..

We tend to consider the most important stat to be a player's Current Ability, and the other attributes are crafted around that. So if we say "This player is this good out of 200 compared to the other players at his club, the others in his league, the other players in the nation and the other players internationally" then the attributes often work in harmony with that. The attributes are weighted based on the position a player plays as well.

So if we say "Player X is worth a Current Ability of 110" then his attributes have to work within that. A long time ago, attributes and current ability weren't linked, and it didn't work, which is why almost 20 years later Mark Kerr is still so well known from CM.

Now I say this because if people think a player should have certain attributes increased, then other attributes have to decrease to balance it out, if we want that player to work within the structure we've established.

To use Morelos as an example; I think there's a consensus that his composure is too low, and that's fine. We agree and it's a mistake, so we've fixed it. However, if we want him to still be a player rated at 140 then if we increase composure a little, then to balance it out, one or two other stats may have to go down a bit. And we've done that with crossing and passing.

But be aware that if you feel strongly about a certain attribute needing increase, come to us and tell us what should decrease so we can balance it out. Otherwise all that happens is players get too good.

Hi Stuart, 

Great response and accurately highlights how balancing works.

In terms of Ryan Christie who has been mentioned a few times in the thread, perhaps a bit of reallocating of stats to fit the CA points is fair to better reflect his work rate and stamina.

If crossing is dropped to 9 and the 2 point shift in to stamina, and heading is reduced to 4 as well as leadership being reduced to 7, the other 2 points could be redistributed in to work rate.

This would be a fairer attribute spread for him.

What is Callum McGregor`s CA? 

Is it higher than Arfields? ie he has been the more consistent and technically superior playerr for a longer period of time.

Thanks for taking the time to make your thoughts clear.

Edited by McGougan33

23 hours ago, MrHappypill said:

Also for the FOH payments I've got it set at auto renew so it should just keep going not sure what you've seen in the game, also for the surface I can't see that in my file so could be something for Stuart Milne?

In FM19 it was £1.4m pa which sounds about right:

image.thumb.png.f3f7a7ffb579fa363f2da5319833ff8d.png

In FM20 it has been reduced to only £175k pa.

image.thumb.png.73ffeef284b79924c50ddf430f8f9131.png

In both it has an end date in April of the first season which I thought was wrong, but having let the game run into the second season I can see this auto-renews so is fine. The amount is definitely wrong though, and should be around £1.2m pa.

Thanks

Chris Smith & Nathan Flanagan has signed on for annan

https://www.annanathleticfc.com/trialist-signs-on/

https://www.annanathleticfc.com/flanagan-returns-to-galabank/

Aaron Taylor is no longer listed on the Annan website and has signed for Gretna 2008

https://www.gretnafc2008.co.uk/item.php?pg=player&pd=1013&it=166

Patrick O'Neil has left Brechin as has Fionn McLeod Kay who has joined Glenrothes FC

https://www.brechincity.com/bcfc/p/n/2205

Mark Fortheringham no longer assistant manager at Cowdenbeath it is now Craig Easton

http://www.cowdenbeathfc.com/index.php?act=viewNews&id=2546

http://www.cowdenbeathfc.com/index.php?act=viewPlayer&productId=496

Jordan Armstrong(Free Agent) & Max Potter(St Mirren) have joined Stenhousemuir, As has David Irons(Manager) & Kevin McGoldrick(Assistant Manager)

https://www.stenhousemuirfc.com/2019/10/18/warriors-sign-2-former-premiership-academy-players-on-short-term-deals/

Dillon Young has left Stirling and joined Auchinleck Talbot

https://www.auchinlecktalbot.com/talbot-sign-central-defender/

Brian Kerr is no longer Partick Assistant Manager its Neil Scally

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/club-statement-8/

Barry Sellars has left Forfar and Gary Irvine is now just a player, Barry Smith is now Assistant Manager

https://forfarathletic.co.uk/item/3958-club-statement-13

13 hours ago, scottmcl84 said:

In FM19 it was £1.4m pa which sounds about right:

image.thumb.png.f3f7a7ffb579fa363f2da5319833ff8d.png

In FM20 it has been reduced to only £175k pa.

image.thumb.png.73ffeef284b79924c50ddf430f8f9131.png

In both it has an end date in April of the first season which I thought was wrong, but having let the game run into the second season I can see this auto-renews so is fine. The amount is definitely wrong though, and should be around £1.2m pa.

Thanks

This may be a bug s It's not what I'm looking at in my file. It could possibly be I need to set it yearly and let it auto renew every year so the 1.4 million comes in annually.

image.png

Obviously very recent news, and I am unsure if the cut-off for data changes has taken place, however, Callum McGregor has signed a new contract at Celtic (until 2024 though it may be, based on different reports 'til 2023 with an option to 2024)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50315840

http://www.celticfc.net/news/15494

More of a question than a request - how do researchers find out salary / other contract terms for entry into the Football Manager database?  I assume a good deal of this isn't public information.

Edited by celticfan

2 hours ago, MrHappypill said:

This may be a bug s It's not what I'm looking at in my file. It could possibly be I need to set it yearly and let it auto renew every year so the 1.4 million comes in annually.

image.png

That entry means £1.4m over the eight years between start and end date. Not £1.4m per year.

1 hour ago, Gripper said:

That entry means £1.4m over the eight years between start and end date. Not £1.4m per year.

Thanks I assumed that was the problem and changed the dates on it.

3 hours ago, DanielBoth said:

Glen Kamara technique 19, first touch 18. Clear mistakes there

Cool.  Thanks for input.  

Can I suggest that the default colour of Glasgow Rangers is made a slight darker shade of blue, please.

This is an issue which featured in FM19. Currently, the blue is far too light for Rangers and should be a closer shade of blue to their text commentary shown under their home shirt on the Club Overview screen.

Thanks.

RangersBlue.jpg

19 strength for Alfredo Morelos seems a little over the top. Especially for a player playing in the SPL. He is now seen this specific attribute on the same level with someone like Lukaku :)

Concerning Odsonne Édouard, I feel 17 for finishing is over the top. Obviously he is a good finisher, but 15 would be perhaps a better fit, especially taken into consideration he is still young and could grow in the future. When starting with 17 he could potentially become the best finisher in the game which is most likely a little bit over an exaggeration. So far, Édouard scored 32 in 64 games in the SPL, 4 in 15 in the EL and 5 in 12 in the CL. These are decent stats for a striker, however not exceptional by any means. 

In addition to this, it is perhaps a bit strange that Morelos has 12 for dribbling, where Édouard has 15. Morelos dribbles less often than Édouard with the ball, however his dribbles seem to be more accurate. In that perspective, I would say both players could have 12 or 13 for dribbling. 

Lastly, Tom Rogic seems to be a little bit too good when it comes to dribbling (16), finishing (16) and first touch (17). With finishing he is now on the same level of Morelos, which doesn't make much sense for a player that scored 23 times in 110 SPL appearances. I would say dribbling 14, finishing 13 and first touch 15 would be more suitable and realistic. 

Morelos:  He's not played a single game in the SPL.  It hasn't existed for years.  But on your strength point, I agree it is high but what the hell does whatever league a player play in determine attributes like strength (and a similar vain pace)?

1 minute ago, ATW said:

Morelos:  He's not played a single game in the SPL.  It hasn't existed for years.  But on your strength point, I agree it is high but what the hell does whatever league a player play in determine attributes like strength (and a similar vain pace)?

The higher the quality of a league, the more difficult it is for players to excel. Morelos would for example most likely have a much harder time in the EPL than he does currently in Scotland. I therefore feel it is important to take the quality of the league in consideration when rating a player, that is the point that I am trying to make. Giving players such high ratings for certain attributes as currently has been done with Morelos and Édouard, creates a distorted picture of their qualities, because if they get bought in the game by a club in a better league, it is most likely that they will completely tear that league apart due to those high ratings. Whilst in real life, it is more likely they would first need to adapt to the difficulty of the new league.  

49 minutes ago, Cedrik said:

The higher the quality of a league, the more difficult it is for players to excel. Morelos would for example most likely have a much harder time in the EPL than he does currently in Scotland. I therefore feel it is important to take the quality of the league in consideration when rating a player, that is the point that I am trying to make. Giving players such high ratings for certain attributes as currently has been done with Morelos and Édouard, creates a distorted picture of their qualities, because if they get bought in the game by a club in a better league, it is most likely that they will completely tear that league apart due to those high ratings. Whilst in real life, it is more likely they would first need to adapt to the difficulty of the new league.  

Scotland is a much much more physical league than most other countries. This is a big reason why many technically gifted players struggle in Scotland. Alfredo is known for bullying defenders double his size in the league and his performances in europe against less physical teams often see him having his best games. I would say having watched Alfredo just about every game since he came here 19 strength is about right regardless of who that compares him to. 

I've said this and this is my personal opinion but I have said that Alfredo will excell when he leaves us purely based on his physicality. I'd also suggest looking at his style of play he's always touch tight to these defenders. Rarely running into space. He thrives on that kind of battle. 

Edited by wardog

@wardog and @McGougan33

Thanks for your responses.

To look at Morelos again, like I say, we've raised composure a bit (but not excessively because our Rangers researcher has identified composure as a relative weakness and I'm ok with that if that's his assessment) because it was too low, and we've managed to do that with some mild tweaks to other areas, thus maintaining his 140 CA. To give you a little bit of context on how weightings can affect stuff, if we'd increased his composure from 6 to 20, then our systems would tell us that the aggregation of his stats would mean he should have a CA of 157, which would make him the 22nd best striker in the whole world. And he's not.

But that's not to say that if he noticeably improved over a season that we wouldn't increase his CA and thus his attributes.

Ultimately, I do trust my assistants to rate the players as they see them, and don't really interfere unless something is clearly wrong. With so many people pointing that out about Morelos, it's my job to examine it and make a decision alongside the researcher and that's what we did.

With some of the Celtic ones, they are very little issues that at this stage of research would be filed under 'Speak to the Celtic researcher and see what we can do the next time he has an opportunity to edit the players'.

These guys are highly rated players and so will perform well in the game, so you shouldn't worry about how those attributes will affect their performance.

But McGregor is higher rated than Arfield, although I have to admit that as a Scotland fan, I never quite get to see performances to justify how highly he's rated when he plays in navy blue ;)

8 hours ago, celticfan said:

Obviously very recent news, and I am unsure if the cut-off for data changes has taken place, however, Callum McGregor has signed a new contract at Celtic (until 2024 though it may be, based on different reports 'til 2023 with an option to 2024)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50315840

http://www.celticfc.net/news/15494

More of a question than a request - how do researchers find out salary / other contract terms for entry into the Football Manager database?  I assume a good deal of this isn't public information.

Hopefully we'll be able to get the McGregor contract in but it may have come too late.

As to how we know, the reality is that it's often a best guess situation, as it is with the press when they publish wages as fact. What a player is paid is often between him, his chairman and his bank manager.

But sometimes we do find out, and we will generally be in the right ballpark for most players, even if it's not exact.

1 hour ago, Cedrik said:

None of that explains why you think physical stats (in this case how strong someone is) should be determined by the league they play in. Can't people playing in Scotland be physically strong, or quick? 

I'd also disagree that the attributes Edouard & Morelos have would lead to them completely tearing apart better leagues. Both are young and have the potential to improve, which is shown in the game, but neither one currently is at a level where they'd go into a top 4 league and dominate at the top clubs in FM. 

16 hours ago, Stuart Milne said:

Hopefully we'll be able to get the McGregor contract in but it may have come too late.

As to how we know, the reality is that it's often a best guess situation, as it is with the press when they publish wages as fact. What a player is paid is often between him, his chairman and his bank manager.

But sometimes we do find out, and we will generally be in the right ballpark for most players, even if it's not exact.

Thanks for answer @Stuart Milne - and thanks for all the hard work of the reasearch team.

James Forrest is still considered susceptible to injury but I think its been 4 maybe 5 years since he had any sort of serious injury and he has been playing 50+ games over the past 3 seasons.

23 hours ago, Stuart Milne said:

@wardog and @McGougan33

Thanks for your responses.

To look at Morelos again, like I say, we've raised composure a bit (but not excessively because our Rangers researcher has identified composure as a relative weakness and I'm ok with that if that's his assessment) because it was too low, and we've managed to do that with some mild tweaks to other areas, thus maintaining his 140 CA. To give you a little bit of context on how weightings can affect stuff, if we'd increased his composure from 6 to 20, then our systems would tell us that the aggregation of his stats would mean he should have a CA of 157, which would make him the 22nd best striker in the whole world. And he's not.

But that's not to say that if he noticeably improved over a season that we wouldn't increase his CA and thus his attributes.

Ultimately, I do trust my assistants to rate the players as they see them, and don't really interfere unless something is clearly wrong. With so many people pointing that out about Morelos, it's my job to examine it and make a decision alongside the researcher and that's what we did.

With some of the Celtic ones, they are very little issues that at this stage of research would be filed under 'Speak to the Celtic researcher and see what we can do the next time he has an opportunity to edit the players'.

These guys are highly rated players and so will perform well in the game, so you shouldn't worry about how those attributes will affect their performance.

But McGregor is higher rated than Arfield, although I have to admit that as a Scotland fan, I never quite get to see performances to justify how highly he's rated when he plays in navy blue ;)

I had a wee scout back through the thread and there were 3 points raised regarding Ryan Christies work rate and stamina, and 6 points raised (including 1 celtic fan) for Morelos's Composure.

That is a small data sample yet only one player has seen a re-tweak.

To say that you "shouldn't worry about how those attributes will affect their performance" is akin to saying it is ok for some data to be wrong.

I appreciate I am probably nit picking here, but we are supposed to build upon realism each year the game is out, or at least that's how it is marketed.

If it is not possible to amend in this data patch, could it possibly be considered for the winter update? 

Or if indeed you could provide a reasonable explanation of how it wont affect player position/role and team strategy then I would be happy to accept that.

Again apologies if it seems like nit picking, the overall product and the game data otherwise has stellar work by the team and otherwise I am happy with your other points.

Cheers.

Edited by McGougan33

Hi

Peterhead appear to be the only team not to have sponsors on their shirts. Is there a reason for this?

Sponsor (2).png

52 minutes ago, McGougan33 said:

I had a wee scout back through the thread and there were 3 points raised regarding Ryan Christies work rate and stamina, and 6 points raised (including 1 celtic fan) for Morelos's Composure.

That is a small data sample yet only one player has seen a re-tweak.

To say that you "shouldn't worry about how those attributes will affect their performance" is akin to saying it is ok for some data to be wrong.

I appreciate I am probably nit picking here, but we are supposed to build upon realism each year the game is out, or at least that's how it is marketed.

If it is not possible to amend in this data patch, could it possibly be considered for the winter update? 

Or if indeed you could provide a reasonable explanation of how it wont affect player position/role and team strategy then I would be happy to accept that.

Again apologies if it seems like nit picking, the overall product and the game data otherwise has stellar work by the team and otherwise I am happy with your other points.

Cheers.

It's not nitpicking; you've asked a reasonable question and I'm happy to answer it.

Certain attributes are more important than others, and certain tweaks are more important than others. Morelos's composure stat could have a detrimental effect on how he performs in the game in terms of goals scored vs chances created. Setting it that low looks to me like an 'error' that needs to be amended, so I amended it.

I don't really see Christie's issues as ones that would have a detrimental affect on how he performs in the game so I would be loathe to overrule my researcher if he believed that was how he should be rated.

Now with what being said, I was able to give him the opportunity to edit it himself, and that's exactly what he did. So those attributes have been raised.

However, my point is that I wouldn't want people to think that I will simply overrule the guys who I trust to do the editing - and who do a fine job at it - on the basis of one or even three people having a different opinion on a forum.

37 minutes ago, Stuart Milne said:

It's not nitpicking; you've asked a reasonable question and I'm happy to answer it.

Certain attributes are more important than others, and certain tweaks are more important than others. Morelos's composure stat could have a detrimental effect on how he performs in the game in terms of goals scored vs chances created. Setting it that low looks to me like an 'error' that needs to be amended, so I amended it.

I don't really see Christie's issues as ones that would have a detrimental affect on how he performs in the game so I would be loathe to overrule my researcher if he believed that was how he should be rated.

Now with what being said, I was able to give him the opportunity to edit it himself, and that's exactly what he did. So those attributes have been raised.

However, my point is that I wouldn't want people to think that I will simply overrule the guys who I trust to do the editing - and who do a fine job at it - on the basis of one or even three people having a different opinion on a forum.

Thanks for the prompt response.

I`m grateful for the explanation on how certain stats would cause more of an impact than others, and equally if not more so, grateful for the researcher amending the stats in question. It`s nice to see that level of respect between colleagues that you have outwardly displayed.

As I said you guys do a bang up job, and its very refreshing to see public input taken on to such a degree.

Cannot wait to play the full product. :D

Edited by McGougan33

Clyde FC

The data has had Clyde as a professional club for at least a few years now whereas in real life we have been semi-professional for at least the last decade.

13 hours ago, cmb13 said:

Hi

Peterhead appear to be the only team not to have sponsors on their shirts. Is there a reason for this?

Sponsor (2).png

I suspect the SPFL supplied us their assets without a sponsor on?

Obviously if we had been given their assets with a sponsor on we would have included it. Perhaps the sponsor was added after the kit was launched? I have no idea. Our graphics team working on literally thousands of kits will be working with what they are given.

10 hours ago, Gripper said:

I suspect the SPFL supplied us their assets without a sponsor on?

Obviously if we had been given their assets with a sponsor on we would have included it. Perhaps the sponsor was added after the kit was launched? I have no idea. Our graphics team working on literally thousands of kits will be working with what they are given.

Here's a couple of articles that have dates of when the strips were launched

https://www.peterheadfc.com/news/item/2584-blue-toon-delighted-at-popularity-of-new-home-kit

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/news/north-east/peterhead/1797661/peterhead-fc-donate-strip-advertising-space-to-local-charity/

Apologies if this is in the wrong place.

Peterhead in League One were relegated to League Two at the end of the first season, however, all there first team or key players for Peterhead were released. Seems odd that all of them were released. Controlled by the AI and there was a manager change throughout the first season. Might not be an issue but thought I'd highlight it. Cheers

PFC2020.png

For Hamilton Accies, the first team club doctor is Simon Gibson, not sure if Emily Hannah (if she isn't a regen) oversees things as in game, but for first team, Simon is always the doctor on the bench and attending to players during matches. 

Evidence on Accies website. If you watch highlights you see him at games, red hair. 

https://www.hamiltonacciesfc.co.uk/contact/

Edited by joe5p

Clévid Dikamona (Hearts) is from the Republic of the Congo, not the DRC.

15 hours ago, joe5p said:

For Hamilton Accies, the first team club doctor is Simon Gibson, not sure if Emily Hannah (if she isn't a regen) oversees things as in game, but for first team, Simon is always the doctor on the bench and attending to players during matches. 

Evidence on Accies website. If you watch highlights you see him at games, red hair. 

https://www.hamiltonacciesfc.co.uk/contact/

Club doctor is automatically populated by the game when it starts. So is a regen for all teams I’m sure.

On 31/10/2019 at 19:17, scottmcl84 said:

Hearts Data Issues

Wrong Contract Length

Uche IkpeazuPeter HaringJake Mulraney and Leo Watson should be contracted until 2022. Andy Irving should be contracted until 2021.

Players Missing

Cian KavanaghJay Nwanze and Sean Docherty are all missing. I think Docherty may be too young to be included, but the other two should definitely be there.

Player Left

Josh Grigor left the club last season and now plays for Hamilton.

Loans

Dean Ritchie is on loan at Cumbernauld Colts until January. Kevin Silva is no longer on loan at Toronto.

Dates of Birth

Euan HendersonBrodie Strang and Arron Darge all have the wrong date of birth.

Nationality

This is one I'm not sure on but is Leeroy Makovora actually from Zimbabwe? Can't see anything which states this, and Hearts website says he was born in Scotland (Tranent).

Hearts' first team analyst is Jack Wilson, who also works with Northern Ireland. Has been there full-time since May 2017.

Andrew Leishman left Hearts in January 2019 to pursue a different career opportunity. Think there is also room for Mikey Williams to be added, his official title is Head of Academy Sport Science, but it has been in the media that he is working with first team players to help them recover from injury.

Keith Berry should also be added as a physio for the Reserve side, has been there since August 2018, whilst Craig Maitland has been working with the first-team recently. Danny Brown could also be added for the Reserves or Under-18s as an analyst - been there since June 2017. Andrew Cross has also been the Reserve Sport Scientist since January 2019.

Donald Park, who is now assisting with first-team duties, has also been coaching the under-18s under John Rankin for the past season.

Daniel Baur is listed at 191cm - think he's quite a bit taller than that, see photo from trip to Waterford in the Challenge Cup. Harry Stone is also comfortably taller than 178cm, as any photos should prove. On the other hand, Jay Charleston-King is smaller than his 176cm listing, any photos should confirm.

Aidan Keena is right-footed, not left-footed. Alex Petkov is listed as mainly a defensive midfielder. He has been playing centre-back for over a season-and-a-half now, has played there for Clyde in his loan spell, too. 

Again, I know it is based on opinion - but Cammy Logan has been on the first-team bench this season, and was in the match day squad v Rangers a few weeks ago. Very highly thought of.

In terms of who's in Reserves and Under-18 squads - it is laid out on their website who is in what squad. Under-18 squad may look a little threadbare, as much of that squad is made up of under-16s this season. Sean Docherty did turn 16 in September - unsure if he misses the cut-off.

In terms of who certain players support, Cameron Logan is a Hearts fan and Chris Hamilton is a huge Dunfermline fan.

Hearts play on a hybrid pitch

Angus beith is not an u18s coach. 

Livi play on astro while its grass in the game

Bit random but noticed referee nick Walsh is 40 in the game. Google has him down as born in 1991

15 hours ago, MLP99 said:

Hearts' first team analyst is Jack Wilson, who also works with Northern Ireland. Has been there full-time since May 2017.

Andrew Leishman left Hearts in January 2019 to pursue a different career opportunity. Think there is also room for Mikey Williams to be added, his official title is Head of Academy Sport Science, but it has been in the media that he is working with first team players to help them recover from injury.

Keith Berry should also be added as a physio for the Reserve side, has been there since August 2018, whilst Craig Maitland has been working with the first-team recently. Danny Brown could also be added for the Reserves or Under-18s as an analyst - been there since June 2017. Andrew Cross has also been the Reserve Sport Scientist since January 2019.

Donald Park, who is now assisting with first-team duties, has also been coaching the under-18s under John Rankin for the past season.

Daniel Baur is listed at 191cm - think he's quite a bit taller than that, see photo from trip to Waterford in the Challenge Cup. Harry Stone is also comfortably taller than 178cm, as any photos should prove. On the other hand, Jay Charleston-King is smaller than his 176cm listing, any photos should confirm.

Aidan Keena is right-footed, not left-footed. Alex Petkov is listed as mainly a defensive midfielder. He has been playing centre-back for over a season-and-a-half now, has played there for Clyde in his loan spell, too. 

Again, I know it is based on opinion - but Cammy Logan has been on the first-team bench this season, and was in the match day squad v Rangers a few weeks ago. Very highly thought of.

In terms of who's in Reserves and Under-18 squads - it is laid out on their website who is in what squad. Under-18 squad may look a little threadbare, as much of that squad is made up of under-16s this season. Sean Docherty did turn 16 in September - unsure if he misses the cut-off.

In terms of who certain players support, Cameron Logan is a Hearts fan and Chris Hamilton is a huge Dunfermline fan.

Thanks for the Leishman update I've struggled to find much info on him, Williams had been added. Park I've left for now and I'll wait and see what happens with new manager and Rankin I can't add due to his role at Clyde but he's not played so far this season there so hopefully come Jan I'll be able to add him. 

Baur is in a different club file but should be sorted along with Stone and King, I seen Petkov 3/4 weeks ago v Raith and he played centre mid so I'll leave him as he is he's pretty comfortable cb dmc or cm. I've spoke with Logan and I've added Hearts to his profile and hope Cowdenbeath can look at Hamilton's profile for me. Sean Docherty is in the Hearts file so if he's old enough he'll be in the squad. Thanks for the other youth/reserve back room staff I'll see what I can do for update.

The reserves and under 18s being able to go on loan and still play in our teams makes it difficult to manage in FM. Can't see how the game could make this realistic.

image.thumb.png.7f9d4dd64b561e3f9e659fa1e42f676c.png

Not sure if a bug or silly management but St Mirren's key player has just left the club on loan, in the first season?

Forfar Athletic

Player Info Update:

Jamie Bain is listed as left footed and a natural (DL/WBL/ML/AML) and accomplished (DR/WBR/MR/AMR)

it should actually be the other way round, he's right footed and a natural on the right flank/ accomplished on the left flank.

Connor Coupe is comfortable playing on both wings, he has played more on the left (ML/AML) for Forfar Athletic, he was also born in Dundee.

Murray Mackintosh has the wrong name on FM20, his surname is Mackintosh (currently on FM20 as MacIntosh) he is a central midfielder at Forfar and not a winger. He has played in centre mid ever since he broke into the first team a couple seasons ago, also Murray was born in Kilwinning, near Kilmarnock.

Archie MacPhee joined Forfar Athletic on loan from Formartine United on 27th September until early January 2020.

Archie MacPhee loan: https://www.forfarathletic.co.uk/item/3939-two-new-faces-at-station-park

Player Info: https://www.forfarathletic.co.uk/players

Staff Update:

Stuart Malcolm was appointed Forfar Athletic manager on 10th November after Jim Weir resigned for health reasons on Sunday 3rd November.

Stuart Malcolm will be announcing his backroom staff later in the week, so will have more info then.

Jim Weir resignation: https://www.forfarathletic.co.uk/item/3985-club-statement-14

Stuart Malcolm appointment: https://www.forfarathletic.co.uk/item/3992-stuart-malcolm-returns-to-station-park-as-manager

Boardroom Update:

On FM20 the only board member at Forfar Athletic is the chairman Ross Graham so here is the list of board members:

Chairman - Ross Graham

Vice Chairman - Alistair Donald

Director (Match-day Secretary) - David McGregor

Director (Treasurer) - Raymond Hutt

Director (Club Secretary) - Louise Taylor

Other Directors - Bob Charlton, Scott Murdie, Alan Shepherd, Paul Stephen

https://www.forfarathletic.co.uk/information

I'm a volunteer at Forfar Athletic so this information is reliable and I know many of the players and staff outside of football.

Rangers should not be required to win the league, desired at most. They are expected to finish second.

Celtic should not be required to qualify for Champion's league group stage.  In reality they didn't and Lennon did not loose his job.

Rangers are desired to win Scottish cup, Celtic only preferred I would have thought this would be the other way around.

Aberdeen should not be required to reach Europa league group stage, in reality they are pretty far off this.

7 hours ago, priority76 said:

Rangers should not be required to win the league, desired at most. They are expected to finish second.

Celtic should not be required to qualify for Champion's league group stage.  In reality they didn't and Lennon did not loose his job.

Rangers are desired to win Scottish cup, Celtic only preferred I would have thought this would be the other way around.

Aberdeen should not be required to reach Europa league group stage, in reality they are pretty far off this.

Believe this is down to rep. Wouldn't want the rep of either club lowered, from what I've seen hard enough keeping players second season as is. I also wouldn't say rangers requests are unfair this season. There is a demand on Gerrard to deliver at least a trophy this year. 

7 hours ago, wardog said:

There is a demand on Gerrard to deliver at least a trophy this year. 

Fair enough.  It's all very subjective, but I would be surprised if Gerrard was sacked from Rangers even if the trophy cabinet remains barren at the end of this season. They have improved greatly and are playing well under him.  If they win nothing by the end of next season then sure. 

I might be interpreting 'required' wrongly, I read it as you will lose your job if you don't achieve this, but maybe (hopefully) it's more the board will be unhappy and you better have done well in other competitions.

On 03/11/2019 at 14:21, Stuart Milne said:

There's nothing specific I can change to make Hoban accept Aberdeen's contract offer.

I am aware of Cormack Park and I would hope it'll be included in the final release of the game, but Aberdeen's new stadium isn't what I would consider to be set in stone, especially considering they don't have the funding secured,

Hi,

Great to see the Stadium has been added as part of the 5-year plan for Aberdeen FC; however still no mention of the new training facilities in the updated Beta.  Hopefully this will be included in the name game - as it's pretty fundamental part of AFC moving forward.

CF

Aberdeen

no new stadium plan in place and also no new training facilities complex which has just opened