Sports Interactive Community
Simon Tipple

[Scotland] Data Issues

Motherwell

Fan owned club 
Club debts are only £80k 

https://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2019/11/01/motherwell-fc-repay-debts-to-former-owners/

Trevor Carson - height 185cm,
Mark Gillespie - height 192cm,
Rohan Ferguson - height 184cm,
Richard Tait - height 179cm,
Liam Grimshaw - height 181cm,
Declan Gallagher - height 196cm weight 93kg
Liam Donnelly - contract expires May 2022
Christy Manzinga - height 184cm
Christian Ilic - contract expires May 2020

https://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/squad/first-team/

15 minutes ago, COYWThePatriot said:

Motherwell

Fan owned club 
Club debts are only £80k 

https://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2019/11/01/motherwell-fc-repay-debts-to-former-owners/

Thanks.

There's a couple of issues listed there that only happened after the data you are using was submitted. But we'll look into it

15 minutes ago, COYWThePatriot said:

Motherwell

Fan owned club 
Club debts are only £80k 

Should be set as fan owned.  Were in file. 

Debt was literally reduced yesterday.  

Will look into heights - use same source as you.  And Donnelly's contract will be updated over the weekend (only signed start of October).

On 31/10/2019 at 21:44, Conor67 said:

Celtic

U18 - Missing players: Tobi Oluwayemi, Josh Adam, Finn McRobb, Owen Moffat, Tsoanelo Letsosa, Adam Brooks, Ben McPherson, Matthew Anderson, Ben Doak, Mackenzie Carse.

Most of the players listed are under the age of 16 which means they’re not eligible to feature, only McRobb and Moffat will be added

cheers.

1 hour ago, gaz33uk said:

Rangers 

Jon Flanagan is English not irish 

Flanagan is English but is Irish as a second nationality. He's played for England but in a friendly and so within FM, Ireland are able to call him up. And if that's happened in your game then he'll be listed as Irish.

1 hour ago, Logan1888 said:

Most of the players listed are under the age of 16 which means they’re not eligible to feature, only McRobb and Moffat will be added

cheers.

Hi Logan1888, is there a reason that 17 year old keeper Oluwayemi wouldn't be added. As referenced earlier, he signed form Spurs and is an England U17 international. He is definitely 17. Also, the other keeper was 16 when signed in summer. Here are both articles. Wouldn't seem to make sense to leave them out. 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/tobi-oluwayemi-joins-celtic-tottenham-18337174

https://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/17819147.celtic-youngster-vincent-angelini-signs-first-professional-contract-parkhead/

Both are on pro contracts. 

Thanks

2 hours ago, gaz33uk said:

Rangers 

Jon Flanagan is English not irish 

Is he not an Englishman who chose Ireland,  is so then in game ges classes as Irish.  At Hibs Boyle is seen as Australian but was born in Aberdeen. 

For Aberdeen Dean Campbell should be left footed.

Considine should be natural at left back hes played there often enough. 

Training facilities dont update on 31st October this needs to be in the game. 

Jon Gallagher can only play centre mid but was signed as a right back who also plays right wing. 

James wilson should at least be competent as a striker. 

Connor Barron in the under 18s is highly rated and been on the bench for the 1st team this season but is rotten in the game. He scored a hat trick of penalties against Celtic but has penalty taking as 1. 

On 31/10/2019 at 22:51, DAVE1875 said:

Once again for some reason Hibs striker Oli Shaw is in the game at 5'7" in height... when in real life young Oli is 6'2"... 

Hearts CB Craig Halkett also has the same issue being 6ft 6 on FM once again despite only being 6ft

Some missing Under 18s In the Aberdeen squad

Kieran Ngwenya

Chris Aikamenzie 

Evan Towler

Andrew Patterson

Jack Milne

Jack Mciver

Kyle Dalling

https://www.afc.co.uk/teams/player-archive/

Also might be worth looking into. I Believe Barry Robson has been managing the U18s amd well as a coach for the first team. Scott Anderson has been an Assistant to the reserves with Paul Sheerin, who has also been coaching with the first team. James Mitchell has also moved up to the first team from the team photo

2 hours ago, Logan1888 said:

cheers.

Oluwayemi is 16?

Aberdeen FC are in the process of building a new stadium and have just opened new state-of-the-art training facilities which Football Manager 2020 currently does not represent.

On 01/11/2019 at 19:57, MrHappypill said:

So 3 DOB online for Henderson 20th 26th and 29th Hearts website says 29th but has Aaron Darge listed as 26th April when I've had a twitter chat with him and he said he was born 23rd April so Website does seem to be a bit all over the place. I also had a conversation with Strang and he told me he was 11/11 and I've listed him as 1/11 so my fault there. 

I have requested Kavanagh but he's not arrived in my file as of yet hope him and Nwanze can be transferred over from Irish clubs they were at. 

Uche should be about 15 stone reckon I've missed this when he's arrived in my file start of last season thanks for pointing it out.

Rankin I've highlighted but he can't have a duel role so he's stuck at Clyde for the time being Clevid and Naysmith I'll check that might not be till I get the file back for Jan update.

I'm expecting a bit of a clear out now Levein has gone and a new manager may want a few faces in, How do you feel the squad attributes are?

Yeah I make it Henderson - 29/06/2000, Darge - 26/04/2003 (seems to be confirmed on his Facebook so strange if he's told you 23rd!) and Strang - 11/11/2002.

Don't see anything that stands out as being massively wrong with individual attributes, it's obviously down to opinions but generally they look good to me. Only really have the following suggestions:

I think Aaron Hickey needs to have his current ability increased, he's nailed down as first choice left back yet in the game he starts in the reserves. Maybe just a few attributes increased slightly as nothing looks way too low.

On the other hand Sean Clare probably needs downgraded as he doesn't look like he's going to live up to the hype from when he signed, yet is one of our best players in the game. Probably worth decreasing things like determination, teamwork and work rate as technically he is good.

I'd also describe Oliver Bozanic as a ball winning midfielder though this appears to be low down in the list of his preferred roles, definitely don't see him as a box to box midfielder which is at the top. 

A couple of other things related to the club itself:

The pitch is down as being grass though we installed a hybrid pitch last year (grass/synthetic mix I think it's called in the game?).

The Foundation of Hearts subscriptions (club membership in finances screen) seem to be undervalued and set to end in April 2020 which isn't right. This should be around £100k a month with no end date.

Sponsorship income also seems too low compared with other teams in the Premiership, is there no way to replicate the exceptional donation income we receive in place of a transitional shirt sponsor (£2m and £2.5m in last two financial years)?

Aberdeen FC

They are currently in the process of building a new stadium and have just opened new state-of-the-art training facilities (quoted by Sir Alex Ferguson) which FootballManager 2020 currently does not represent.

Aberdeen have just moved in to there new training ground called Cormack park and the new stadium is due to open in 2023.  Also Tommie Hoban has been offered to use Aberdeen's facilities for his rehab and to train with them so could you change it when you offer him a contract and he says that Aberdeen don't habe the financial muscle because in real life he is most likely going to sign for Aberdeen in January.

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/aberdeen-fc/donsnews/mcinnes-offers-hope-to-injured-hoban/

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/aberdeen-fc/donsnews/defender-is-hoban-future-could-be-red/

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11850356/sir-alex-ferguson-says-aberdeen-can-compete-at-top-thanks-to-new-training-ground

There's nothing specific I can change to make Hoban accept Aberdeen's contract offer.

I am aware of Cormack Park and I would hope it'll be included in the final release of the game, but Aberdeen's new stadium isn't what I would consider to be set in stone, especially considering they don't have the funding secured,

On 02/11/2019 at 14:25, joe5p said:

Hi Logan1888, is there a reason that 17 year old keeper Oluwayemi wouldn't be added. As referenced earlier, he signed form Spurs and is an England U17 international. He is definitely 17. Also, the other keeper was 16 when signed in summer. Here are both articles. Wouldn't seem to make sense to leave them out. 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/tobi-oluwayemi-joins-celtic-tottenham-18337174

https://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/17819147.celtic-youngster-vincent-angelini-signs-first-professional-contract-parkhead/

Both are on pro contracts. 

Thanks

iv Just added both just now, angelini was missed as i wasnt sure of date of birth but has been fixed now, and Tobi had to be created from scratch

cheers

Albion Rovers Fixes 

Wrong date of birth 

Kieran McManus - sport scientist is 11/1/97  and not 14/2/77

Player positions 

Will Graham is a MC as opposed to a M/AMR 

Sean Fagan is a CB as well as a RB 

Jordan Stewart is a M/AML as opposed to a DL 

Aron Lynas is a DR as opposed to a MC 

Euan East is also a ST 

I work with the club and these have been the positions players have been playing in since pre-season 

24 minutes ago, Kmac14 said:

Albion Rovers Fixes 

Wrong date of birth 

Kieran McManus - sport scientist is 11/1/97  and not 14/2/77

Player positions 

Will Graham is a MC as opposed to a M/AMR 

Sean Fagan is a CB as well as a RB 

Jordan Stewart is a M/AML as opposed to a DL 

Aron Lynas is a DR as opposed to a MC 

Euan East is also a ST 

I work with the club and these have been the positions players have been playing in since pre-season 

Excellent, thanks.

On 02/11/2019 at 15:17, markmeatsix91 said:

Some missing Under 18s In the Aberdeen squad

Kieran Ngwenya

Chris Aikamenzie 

Evan Towler

Andrew Patterson

Jack Milne

Jack Mciver

Kyle Dalling

https://www.afc.co.uk/teams/player-archive/

Also might be worth looking into. I Believe Barry Robson has been managing the U18s amd well as a coach for the first team. Scott Anderson has been an Assistant to the reserves with Paul Sheerin, who has also been coaching with the first team. James Mitchell has also moved up to the first team from the team photo

Unfortunately there's just now information available for any of those players except Kyle Dalling, so we can't add them. They may be 15 years old and wouldn't be able to be included anyway.

Thanks for the work that is ongoing in relation to issues raised here by everyone, it is much appreciated by those playing the game as the researchers can't have an easy job. While I know some stats are randomly generated within a range, I thought to offer the following thoughts while in Beta but appreciate some is subjective. 

The first is in relation to James Forrest. He seems underrated, particularly if you look at Forrest v Greg Stewart. Greg Stewart has 16 for dribbling, Forrest 14. On a comparison in game, Stewart is judged as technically better. With greatest respect to Stewart, he has done little at the top level to merit stats that supersede those of Forrest in some key technical elements, especially as Forrest continues to deliver year in year out. 

For Boli Bolingoli, it would be interesting to see his stats in FM19 for Marking, Positioning, Tackling and First Touch. I think it appears as though one bad game for Celtic has hit his stats a little too hard. I agree he is poor in terms of positioning, as reflected in stats, but his first touch and tackling both at 8 seem too harsh. I suppose his marking will relate to his positioning. 

Only other Celtic related one is Frimpong, and I completely understand that he hadn't played any games during data gathering etc. But First Touch 6, off the ball 6 and composure 7 seem well off the early evidence this season, as all three are strengths so far. Wouldn't expect massive increase given young age but it does seem a little out, if understandable given above. 

More broadly, I can see why Rangers fans are pleased with stats, some look a tad generous, particularly Stewart (as above) and Aribo if compared to Christie, but I do agree that Morelos having five for composure is a bit harsh, even as a Celtic fan. However, I think this is counterbalanced by having 16 for finishing, I would say his composure is slightly better but finishing slightly lower, particularly in context of no goals at any level for Colombia or against Celtic despite many, many chances in both contexts. He seems well matched with Edourad who has scored 8 this season for France 21s and regularly scores against Rangers. Maybe it isn't that Morelos stats are too generous, but that Edouard's have cut a little compared to last year (where he may have been a little inflated) but his performances this season have merited last year's stats, if that makes sense?. 

5 minutes ago, joe5p said:

Thanks for the work that is ongoing in relation to issues raised here by everyone, it is much appreciated by those playing the game as the researchers can't have an easy job. While I know some stats are randomly generated within a range, I thought to offer the following thoughts while in Beta but appreciate some is subjective. 

The first is in relation to James Forrest. He seems underrated, particularly if you look at Forrest v Greg Stewart. Greg Stewart has 16 for dribbling, Forrest 14. On a comparison in game, Stewart is judged as technically better. With greatest respect to Stewart, he has done little at the top level to merit stats that supersede those of Forrest in some key technical elements, especially as Forrest continues to deliver year in year out. 

For Boli Bolingoli, it would be interesting to see his stats in FM19 for Marking, Positioning, Tackling and First Touch. I think it appears as though one bad game for Celtic has hit his stats a little too hard. I agree he is poor in terms of positioning, as reflected in stats, but his first touch and tackling both at 8 seem too harsh. I suppose his marking will relate to his positioning. 

Only other Celtic related one is Frimpong, and I completely understand that he hadn't played any games during data gathering etc. But First Touch 6, off the ball 6 and composure 7 seem well off the early evidence this season, as all three are strengths so far. Wouldn't expect massive increase given young age but it does seem a little out, if understandable given above. 

More broadly, I can see why Rangers fans are pleased with stats, some look a tad generous, particularly Stewart (as above) and Aribo if compared to Christie, but I do agree that Morelos having five for composure is a bit harsh, even as a Celtic fan. However, I think this is counterbalanced by having 16 for finishing, I would say his composure is slightly better but finishing slightly lower, particularly in context of no goals at any level for Colombia or against Celtic despite many, many chances in both contexts. He seems well matched with Edourad who has scored 8 this season for France 21s and regularly scores against Rangers. Maybe it isn't that Morelos stats are too generous, but that Edouard's have cut a little compared to last year (where he may have been a little inflated) but his performances this season have merited last year's stats, if that makes sense?. 

To answer some of your points...

James Forrest is the highest rated player in the Scottish database with a Current Ability 26 points ahead of Greg Stewart. 

As a general guide for you, 7 of the top 10 players in Scotland are at Celtic (the other 3 at Rangers).

Bolingoli has the same Current Ability as he had in FM19.

Eduoard and Morelos are rated the same for Current Ability.

14 minutes ago, Stuart Milne said:

To answer some of your points...

James Forrest is the highest rated player in the Scottish database with a Current Ability 26 points ahead of Greg Stewart. 

As a general guide for you, 7 of the top 10 players in Scotland are at Celtic (the other 3 at Rangers).

Bolingoli has the same Current Ability as he had in FM19.

Eduoard and Morelos are rated the same for Current Ability.

Thanks Stuart, appreciate you getting back to me. Still not sure the dribbling stat on Forrest is fair considering how Stewart looks (maybe less to do with Forrest and more to do with inflated stats for Stewart?), albeit I accept he has a higher rating overall. For Bolingoli, it was more about specific attributes than overall rating. I won't open the can of worms on Edouard v Morelos. I figured the similar stats and value were the safe bet despite an evidence base in real life favouring Edouard at international level and when Celtic play Rangers. I don't doubt that Morelos is a good striker as well.  Potential ability may be the differential?

I'm surprised that only 7 of the 10 are based at Celtic... but that might be me being biased.  My only niggle with Celtic v Rangers stats is the players outwith the top ten at Rangers seem a bit inflated,  particularly Aribo and Stewart, while Celtic seem a bit safe e.g. Christie (forgive me if he is in top 10).  Thanks again for all the work. 

Edited by joe5p

34 minutes ago, joe5p said:

Thanks Stuart, appreciate you getting back to me. Still not sure the dribbling stat on Forrest is fair considering how Stewart looks (maybe less to do with Forrest and more to do with inflated stats for Stewart?), albeit I accept he has a higher rating overall. For Bolingoli, it was more about specific attributes than overall rating. I won't open the can of worms on Edouard v Morelos. I figured the similar stats and value were the safe bet despite an evidence base in real life favouring Edouard at international level and when Celtic play Rangers. I don't doubt that Morelos is a good striker as well.  Potential ability may be the differential?

I'm surprised that only 7 of the 10 are based at Celtic... but that might be me being biased.  My only niggle with Celtic v Rangers stats is the players outwith the top ten at Rangers seem a bit inflated,  particularly Aribo and Stewart, while Celtic seem a bit safe e.g. Christie (forgive me if he is in top 10).  Thanks again for all the work. 

The thing is, stats are weighted and can't cheat the system like they did a long time ago (look at Mark Kerr back in the day).

Stewart only has 117 for CA so while there may be a single attribute that he is rated better than Forrest in, Forrest is the better player by far.

As for the Morelos/Eduoard debate, Eduoard has better consistency, which will make a difference in FM over the season.

For Celtic, Scott Brown tends to play as a deep DM but his natural stats favour box to box midfielder. I had noticed this on FM19 and forgot to raise it. I know in his Hibs days and early Celtic career he was box to box but now he sits while two of the other support. Would it be possible that this is better reflected in his natural position?

2 hours ago, Stuart Milne said:

The thing is, stats are weighted and can't cheat the system like they did a long time ago (look at Mark Kerr back in the day).

Stewart only has 117 for CA so while there may be a single attribute that he is rated better than Forrest in, Forrest is the better player by far.

As for the Morelos/Eduoard debate, Eduoard has better consistency, which will make a difference in FM over the season.

Reading up on this as interesting. I'd suggest from looking in places dedicated to fm and rangers fans many aren't happy with the stats. Some of that I think is fair some isn't. Morelos/eduard is a very hard one to judge. The crisism in the initial post suggests morelos hasn't scored at any level but international under 21s is? If we were to go off this snodgrass and Steven fletcher would have been world beaters as young talent. I'd suggest that morelos record in the europa league and 20 goals so far this season and I can't even remember how many last season would suggest his rating to be equal with eduward is fair. I think consistency for morelos could even be higher imo has there been a season where he's been outscored by eduard at any point? They are completely different types of strikers and I think judging a player off sub appearances for columbia and old firm games would be a mistake. 

As for Stewart v forrest isn't a great comparison. Playing as rangers Stewart isn't even close to a first pick. Much like in real life he's a solid rotation option. Aribo is another much closer to first team but right now is rightfully behind arfield. 

One thing I would want to question is Worrall having rangers as a favoured club. I'm unsure that seems fair. Seems to have liked his loan but I'm not sure that's enough. 

Steven Davis also seems to be a big issue at rangers. His stats don't seem fair to match his real life counterpart and is a way off first team selection. I'll have a better look as see anywhere that this could be sorted when I'm next on. 

1 hour ago, Stuart Milne said:

I feel the better consistency for Edouard is pretty harsh as Morelos has consistently, for a year and a bit now, scored against most teams in the league and in Europe (celtic aside). Agree with the comments regarding his composure too - He is well on course to hit 30 goals for the second season running so 5 for composure is low to say the least.

Also, going by Ryan Jack's form this season, I feel he is due an upgrade. His game has went up a whole new level this year and he has arguably been Rangers best/most important player so far. 

Echo the comments above regarding Borna Barisic too. He was OP on last years version and I understand why he was downgraded so heavily. Last season, he was an absolute shell of the player who was a standout for Osijek but recently theres been a massive improvement and he's now made the Europa League's team of the week twice. Now also Croatia's first choice left back.

I'm unsure if this is truly a data issue as I don't have any solid evidence but Sheyi Ojo's contract with Rangers seems absurd. £83k a month fee and Rangers paying 100% of his wage (£32.5k a week). So six million a year for a loan? I get Rangers have a bit of a rep when it comes to ****** deals but that seems like madness even for us.

The work you are all doing is absolutely phenomenal. From the guys going through their teams with a fine toothcomb to the guys fixing the issues and creating the data in the first place you are all reasons Why football manager is such an amazing game to play! 

I don’t have much to input but my god If you make one change take Brendan Rodgers out of the Celtic icon list. If you need any proof as to why I can provide you with copious amounts!

On 02/11/2019 at 12:47, COYWThePatriot said:

Motherwell

Fan owned club 
Club debts are only £80k 

Just to come back to this.

I have gone through the full squad and fixed heights and weights to metres and kgs.  I think some being wrong I am blaming on conversion (ft to m) 

As for club - Debt to be paid back has been amended.  Please feel free to come back at release if not fan owned as certainly set like that in our DB.  

17 minutes ago, lbowman6 said:

There is no such job as a national team DoF in FM2020.

We do not include every single admin job in football in the game. If you wish for it to be added as a job, please explain how it would enhance your FM gaming experience, and what that person would actually do in an FM game, and we'll consider it as a Feature Request for later editions of the game.

Karamoko Dembele PA is only 149? Ridiculously low considering how many clubs are wanting to sign him. He is one of the most exciting young prospects in the world. And a lot of people were excited to see him finally in a Football Manager.

48 minutes ago, Hairycull said:

Karamoko Dembele PA is only 149? Ridiculously low considering how many clubs are wanting to sign him. He is one of the most exciting young prospects in the world. And a lot of people were excited to see him finally in a Football Manager.

How do you see PA without the editor? 

17 minutes ago, WeePaul said:

How do you see PA without the editor? 

Not sure I can name 3rd party tools. Thats what I used anyway

1 hour ago, Hairycull said:

Set at a random PA of -75 which is reasonably acceptable considering his current involvement with the first team

7 minutes ago, Logan1888 said:

Set at a random PA of -75 which is reasonably acceptable considering his current involvement with the first team

Have to admit, I do agree that seems a bit harsh. That's a range of 120-150 right? I'd have thought we'd see him at -85 at a minimum. 

Not many players are involved in first team games at 16, and considering his involvement towards the end of last season and how highly we know he's regarded I think it would be reasonable to have him able to go beyond 150CA.

4 minutes ago, Logan1888 said:

I dont get what current involvement with the first team has to do with Potential ability. But if we go by that then he is a 16 year old who regularly trains with the first time and made his debut last year. How many other people get a debut at Celtic aged 16? Tierney who has the highest PA of any Scottish player was  almost 18 when he made his debut.

A -75 PA is so low for a player that has been watched by every major European club practically and someone we really are going to struggle to keep hold of in the next year or 2.

8 minutes ago, WeePaul said:

Have to admit, I do agree that seems a bit harsh. That's a range of 120-150 right? I'd have thought we'd see him at -85 at a minimum. 

Not many players are involved in first team games at 16, and considering his involvement towards the end of last season and how highly we know he's regarded I think it would be reasonable to have him able to go beyond 150CA.

Just rechecked the data there, he is currently set to a -85 which is between 140-170

1 minute ago, Logan1888 said:

Just rechecked the data there, he is currently set to a -85 which is between 140-170

Good to hear. I could see an argument for it maybe even being higher but no complaints with -85 here. 

39 minutes ago, WeePaul said:

Good to hear. I could see an argument for it maybe even being higher but no complaints with -85 here. 

Its a tricky one I originally had him set at 9 but after a discussion with stuart we decided -85 was a better suit as giving him a 9 would give him the same potential as being as good as messi which is unlikely 

Edited by Logan1888

On 02/11/2019 at 22:01, scottmcl84 said:

Yeah I make it Henderson - 29/06/2000, Darge - 26/04/2003 (seems to be confirmed on his Facebook so strange if he's told you 23rd!) and Strang - 11/11/2002.

Don't see anything that stands out as being massively wrong with individual attributes, it's obviously down to opinions but generally they look good to me. Only really have the following suggestions:

I think Aaron Hickey needs to have his current ability increased, he's nailed down as first choice left back yet in the game he starts in the reserves. Maybe just a few attributes increased slightly as nothing looks way too low.

On the other hand Sean Clare probably needs downgraded as he doesn't look like he's going to live up to the hype from when he signed, yet is one of our best players in the game. Probably worth decreasing things like determination, teamwork and work rate as technically he is good.

I'd also describe Oliver Bozanic as a ball winning midfielder though this appears to be low down in the list of his preferred roles, definitely don't see him as a box to box midfielder which is at the top. 

A couple of other things related to the club itself:

The pitch is down as being grass though we installed a hybrid pitch last year (grass/synthetic mix I think it's called in the game?).

I was pretty happy with Hickey for now and planned to re assess him for Jan update as he’s only played a handful of games and with our defensive injuries it’s not clear if he’ll play in front of White and Garuccio when they become fit and Smith returns to right back. His PA is good so should develop nicely. Clare is around our 11th 12th best player in the game so I feel that’s about right and have decrease his bravery and work rate since the beta. Bozanic looks fine to me I don’t see him as a ball winning midfielder he’s all a bit of nothing tbh. Since I last had the file I’ve increased Smith a little decrease Berra and MacLean and changed a couple of things for Periera and Meshino. 

21 minutes ago, Logan1888 said:

Its a tricky one I originally had him set at 9 but after a discussion with stuart we decided -85 was a better suit as giving him a -9 would give him the same potential as being as good as messi which is unlikely 

Thats fair enough. 

28 minutes ago, MrHappypill said:

I was pretty happy with Hickey for now and planned to re assess him for Jan update as he’s only played a handful of games and with our defensive injuries it’s not clear if he’ll play in front of White and Garuccio when they become fit and Smith returns to right back. His PA is good so should develop nicely. Clare is around our 11th 12th best player in the game so I feel that’s about right and have decrease his bravery and work rate since the beta. Bozanic looks fine to me I don’t see him as a ball winning midfielder he’s all a bit of nothing tbh. Since I last had the file I’ve increased Smith a little decrease Berra and MacLean and changed a couple of things for Periera and Meshino. 

No worries, as I say it's all down to opinion and nothing there I'd disagree with. On Clare I was just going to his star rating since I can't see his CA and he was fifth best on that, 11th or 12th sounds about right 👍

I just want to make a point regarding issues people are having with 'Player X should have more for this attribute'..

We tend to consider the most important stat to be a player's Current Ability, and the other attributes are crafted around that. So if we say "This player is this good out of 200 compared to the other players at his club, the others in his league, the other players in the nation and the other players internationally" then the attributes often work in harmony with that. The attributes are weighted based on the position a player plays as well.

So if we say "Player X is worth a Current Ability of 110" then his attributes have to work within that. A long time ago, attributes and current ability weren't linked, and it didn't work, which is why almost 20 years later Mark Kerr is still so well known from CM.

Now I say this because if people think a player should have certain attributes increased, then other attributes have to decrease to balance it out, if we want that player to work within the structure we've established.

To use Morelos as an example; I think there's a consensus that his composure is too low, and that's fine. We agree and it's a mistake, so we've fixed it. However, if we want him to still be a player rated at 140 then if we increase composure a little, then to balance it out, one or two other stats may have to go down a bit. And we've done that with crossing and passing.

But be aware that if you feel strongly about a certain attribute needing increase, come to us and tell us what should decrease so we can balance it out. Otherwise all that happens is players get too good.

1 hour ago, scottmcl84 said:

No worries, as I say it's all down to opinion and nothing there I'd disagree with. On Clare I was just going to his star rating since I can't see his CA and he was fifth best on that, 11th or 12th sounds about right 👍

Also for the FOH payments I've got it set at auto renew so it should just keep going not sure what you've seen in the game, also for the surface I can't see that in my file so could be something for Stuart Milne?

Adam Cross has today signed for Turriff United in the Highland League, on a deal keeping him at the club till 2022. He should currently be a free agent with his last club being Turriff United.