Sports Interactive Community
Simon Tipple

[Scotland] Data Issues

Please post any data issues related to Scotland here.

As much of the data is subjective we’d ask that you respect everyone’s opinion and accept that the final decision is that of our club researchers and our heads of research.          

We also request you please adhere to the following three point plan when posting in the data topics:

·        State what you think is specifically wrong with a particular piece of data.              

·        State what you think the data should be.                            

·        State reasons/proof for your suggested corrections/improvements.                         

Please note that any non-data issues for Scotland should be posted in the appropriate thread within the League Specific Issues Forum. This would include issues such as league scheduling and league rules.

Rangers

Club Vision

Reaching the UEFA Europa League First Knockout Round is required [minimum] - Rangers enter the tournament at the First Qualifying Round and were not even fancied to reach the Group Stage.

Winning the league is also a requirement for the first season? 

I'm a massive Rangers fan and follower of football as a whole and know that in renal life Steven Gerrard is not expected to meet either of these stipulations this season.

Cheers,

Hearts Data Issues

Wrong Contract Length

Uche IkpeazuPeter HaringJake Mulraney and Leo Watson should be contracted until 2022. Andy Irving should be contracted until 2021.

Players Missing

Cian KavanaghJay Nwanze and Sean Docherty are all missing. I think Docherty may be too young to be included, but the other two should definitely be there.

Player Left

Josh Grigor left the club last season and now plays for Hamilton.

Loans

Dean Ritchie is on loan at Cumbernauld Colts until January. Kevin Silva is no longer on loan at Toronto.

Dates of Birth

Euan HendersonBrodie Strang and Arron Darge all have the wrong date of birth.

Nationality

This is one I'm not sure on but is Leeroy Makovora actually from Zimbabwe? Can't see anything which states this, and Hearts website says he was born in Scotland (Tranent).

Alfredo Morelos has been excellent for Rangers this season but he has actually been downgraded from his FM 19 version despite showing he's improved as a player and has improved his stats. He already has 18 goals this season and has improved so much under Gerrard and with English PL looking at him he probably needs upgrades in his finishing and composure (both of which have improved this season.

1 hour ago, David19827 said:

Alfredo Morelos has been excellent for Rangers this season but he has actually been downgraded from his FM 19 version despite showing he's improved as a player and has improved his stats. He already has 18 goals this season and has improved so much under Gerrard and with English PL looking at him he probably needs upgrades in his finishing and composure (both of which have improved this season.

Took me 2 minutes to actually compare him from last year. 

Increases to - Dribbling, First Touch, Passing, Technique, Aggression, Concentration, Decisions, Positioning, Teamwork. 

Decreases to - Composure.

That's not a downgrade. 

10 minutes ago, WeePaul said:

Took me 2 minutes to actually compare him from last year. 

Increases to - Dribbling, First Touch, Passing, Technique, Aggression, Concentration, Decisions, Positioning, Teamwork. 

Decreases to - Composure.

That's not a downgrade. 

Are you looking at his winter update profile?

2 minutes ago, David19827 said:

Are you looking at his winter update profile?

Possibly not. Apologies. 

Few points for Celtic:

Mikey Johnston for Celtic is right footed but in-game is a left footer.

Jermemie Frimpong probably deserves a higher potential based on performances for the first team.

Bolingolis defending is harsh and was most likely judged based on celtics champions league qualifers, been consistent since and was for rapid.

Ryan Christie has been Celtics best player for a year now and should at least be ahead of Tom Rogic in rating

Everything else seems spot on:thup:

Ayr United Issues

Wrong D.O.B

Ross Docherty - Correct date is 23/1/1993 https://ayrunitedfc.co.uk/ross-docherty/

Michael Moffat - Correct date is 15/2/1985 https://ayrunitedfc.co.uk/michael-moffat/

Bans

Craig Moore has a 3 match ban from the 15/16 season that's been carried over to every new version since.

https://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2015/06/02/notice-of-complaint-ainsworth-moore/

Contracts

Sam Roscoe - Under contract until 31/5/2021

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/new-ayr-united-signing-sam-16512585

Wages

Wages for the staff below seem inconsistent in comparison with 1st Team Staff  

Tommy Tait  - Reserve Assistant Manager; Craig Dargo - U18 Manager; John Crawford - U18 Assistant Manager

Loans Out

Michael Hewitt -  Kilwinning Rangers; https://ayrunitedfc.co.uk/michael-hewitt/

Nathan Baird - Cumnock; https://ayrunitedfc.co.uk/nathan-baird/

Grant Thorburn - Irvine Victoria

Height
Daniel Graham 5ft 11; Michael Hewitt 6ft ; Nathan Baird 5ft 10; Luke McCowan 5ft 9; Mark McKenzie 5ft 11

Celtic

Reserves - Aiden Gibb and Jack Larkin no longer at club. 

U18 - Missing players: Tobi Oluwayemi, Josh Adam, Finn McRobb, Owen Moffat, Tsoanelo Letsosa, Adam Brooks, Ben McPherson, Matthew Anderson, Ben Doak, Mackenzie Carse.

Staff - Nick Hammond should be DoF rather than Chief Scout, Peter Houston missing as data analyst, Darren O'Dea should be u18 manager.

Other - Reserve stadium should be Lennoxtown and U18 should be Barrowfield, remove Brendan Rodgers from icons.

Contracts - James Forrest and Scott Bain recently renewed until 2023.

Cheers.

Edited by Conor67

Hamilton - Stadium capacity is incorrect.

In game its listed as 5510 when in reality it is 6018. See link below to the clubs profile on the spfl website, wikipedia page and tweet from the club confirming an attendance of over 5510.

https://spfl.co.uk/clubs/hamilton-academical

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamilton_Academical_F.C.

29 minutes ago, Conor67 said:

Celtic

Reserves - Aiden Gibb and Jack Larkin no longer at club. 

U18 - Missing players: Tobi Oluwayemi, Josh Adam, Finn McRobb, Owen Moffat, Tsoanelo Letsosa, Adam Brooks, Ben McPherson, Matthew Anderson, Ben Doak, Mackenzie Carse.

Staff - Nick Hammond should be DoF rather than Chief Scout, Peter Houston missing as data analyst, Darren O'Dea should be u18 manager.

Other - Reserve stadium should be Lennoxtown and U18 should be Barrowfield, remove Brendan Rodgers from icons.

Contracts - James Forrest and Scott Bain recently renewed until 2023.

Cheers.

Off back of Conor67's post, Tobi Oluwayemi signed from Spurs and is 17 so should be there - https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/tobi-oluwayemi-joins-celtic-tottenham-18337174 . He has been pictured once or twice in first team training with the other keepers. 

Celtic also signed Davie Hay's grandson, another keeper. He was 16 when he signed full time in summer and his name is Vincent Angelini - https://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/17819147.celtic-youngster-vincent-angelini-signs-first-professional-contract-parkhead/

Calvin Miller also has an injury that will keep him out for the season - https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4767475/calvin-miller-celtic-injury-season/

While I know it is all about opinions, I would also agree with earlier comment on Ryan Christie being better than Tom Rogic in terms of rating.

2 minutes ago, joe5p said:

Off back of Conor67's post, Tobi Oluwayemi signed from Spurs and is 17 so should be there - https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/tobi-oluwayemi-joins-celtic-tottenham-18337174 . He has been pictured once or twice in first team training with the other keepers. 

Celtic also signed Davie Hay's grandson, another keeper. He was 16 when he signed full time in summer and his name is Vincent Angelini - https://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/17819147.celtic-youngster-vincent-angelini-signs-first-professional-contract-parkhead/

Calvin Miller also has an injury that will keep him out for the season - https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4767475/calvin-miller-celtic-injury-season/

While I know it is all about opinions, I would also agree with earlier comment on Ryan Christie being better than Tom Rogic in terms of rating.

Sorry, one more follow up. I understand it may be randomly generated from within a range, but Ryan Christie's work rate, stamina and natural fitness should be very high. It shows as 12/13 on my load, but he covers every blade of grass so to speak and this season many, many comments to support that are heard when Celtic are playing and in media. His natural fitness is beyond almost anyone else in the squad. 

Once again for some reason Hibs striker Oli Shaw is in the game at 5'7" in height... when in real life young Oli is 6'2"... 

Not sure if this is data, but Celtic's terrible grey/pink third kit has the home kit socks in match engine/during games (shorts and top are fine), so the socks show as green with white underneath rather than the pink with grey. I think it might just have the home socks by mistake in DB but should show as pink instead of green and grey instead of white.

There was no clash with away team so not sure why green socks were showing instead of the pink and grey.

Thanks

Thanks everyone so far.

I won't make changes based on subjective opinions (i.e. "I think player x should have this for finishing" etc) but I will make changes to errors.

Sometimes it takes fresh eyes to spot issues because we are too close to it, so I'm happy to go back and sort these.

3 hours ago, scottmcl84 said:

Hearts Data Issues

Wrong Contract Length

Uche IkpeazuPeter HaringJake Mulraney and Leo Watson should be contracted until 2022. Andy Irving should be contracted until 2021.

Players Missing

Cian KavanaghJay Nwanze and Sean Docherty are all missing. I think Docherty may be too young to be included, but the other two should definitely be there.

Player Left

Loans

Dean Ritchie is on loan at Cumbernauld Colts until January. Kevin Silva is no longer on loan at Toronto.

Dates of Birth

Nationality

This is one I'm not sure on but is Leeroy Makovora actually from Zimbabwe? Can't see anything which states this, and Hearts website says he was born in Scotland (Tranent).

Another one for Hearts:

Craig Halkett has a height of 6'6" in the game when he is actually around 6'1", and his weight is 156 lbs in the game which seems too low.

4 hours ago, Matthew51 said:

Few points for Celtic:

Mikey Johnston for Celtic is right footed but in-game is a left footer.

Jermemie Frimpong probably deserves a higher potential based on performances for the first team.

Bolingolis defending is harsh and was most likely judged based on celtics champions league qualifers, been consistent since and was for rapid.

Ryan Christie has been Celtics best player for a year now and should at least be ahead of Tom Rogic in rating

Everything else seems spot on:thup:

Pretty fair point, i’ll have a look at them again as most were judged on pre champions league qualifiers

Noticed Martin Boyle starts off with a 10month Injury yet he came back to first team action last night.

Hibernian Injuries

There are multiple Hibs players that are listed as injured at the start of the season that shouldn't be

• Martin Boyle - Should either be back fully fit as he was at the start of the season or have a 4 month injury as he picked during a cup match
  • tom james shouldn't be listed as injured at all
  • lewis stevensons injury too long as he returned earlier than is expected
  • Darren Mcgregor- shouldn't be injured as he picked up his current injury mid season

11 hours ago, scottmcl84 said:

Hearts Data Issues

Wrong Contract Length

Players Missing

Player Left

Loans

Dates of Birth

Nationality

Thanks for that, not had a chance today to get in and look at Those contracts but sure you’re right. Same goes for DOB I spoke to those players so should have put the date in correctly again I’ll double check today.   Leroy told me himself that’s where he’s born so that’s correct. Halkett at 6 foot 6 is a mistake I’ve missed from his Livi file sorry about that. 

33 minutes ago, MrHappypill said:

Thanks for that, not had a chance today to get in and look at Those contracts but sure you’re right. Same goes for DOB I spoke to those players so should have put the date in correctly again I’ll double check today.   Leroy told me himself that’s where he’s born so that’s correct. Halkett at 6 foot 6 is a mistake I’ve missed from his Livi file sorry about that. 

No worries, thanks for the quick reply. There's quite a few mistakes on the Hearts website so not surprised they got that one wrong!

St Johnstone

Not many, but Zander Clarks contract is set to expire in 2020, when he signed a new contract until 2022 a few months ago - https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/49297037

We also have a young forward in game called Jordan Northcroft, when his name is actually Jordan Northcott https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jordan_Northcott

Only subjective ones are David Wotherspoon is only natural to play in the middle of the park, but this season has been first choice on the left wing, and has spent the majority of his time at the club playing on either flank. Him being more comfortable on the sides of midfield would feel more realistic - https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/david-wotherspoon/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/74861/plus/0?saison=&verein=2578&liga=&wettbewerb=SC1&pos=&trainer_id=

Wallace Duffy is also our starting CB just now, and admitted that's his favourite position, but again isnt natural there - https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/st-johnstone/994661/st-johnstones-wallace-duffy-hoping-to-continue-in-preferred-position-at-heart-of-the-defence/amp/

14 hours ago, David19827 said:

I agree with this partially, composure should be around 10-12 but feel finishing is about right.

Rangers

Scott Arfield - set as a cm natural, 1 + 1/2 star at cam and rw yet in the last year and a half for Rangers these have been the only positions he has played.  His 3 and a half star at cm should be applied to both these positions and the cm natural should be lowered to that of the CAM mild yellow.

Jamie Barjonas - Just recently called up to first team squad officially.

First knockout Round expectation - This should be desirable, the required goal this season was qualifying for the group stage, nothing more.

George Edmunsson - passing is extremly low, probably the best defender we have at passing this ball, so much so he had a stint at cdm in a couple of games

*I understand that players opinions will not be looked at but could they notes be passed onto the data collectors to just highlight these issues for future updates, apart from that they have been very good!*

Simeon Jackson - Kilmarnock
Daniel Armstrong - Raith Rovers
Abdul Osman - Queen of the South
Nathan Flanagan - Annan Athletic

7 hours ago, MrHappypill said:

A few more minor issues after looking in more detail:

I'd imagine Uche Ikpeazu is significantly heavier than 12st 6lbs, but obviously hard to confirm what the correct figure is.

Clevid Dikamona's career milestones look strange. They suggest he left Hearts on 5/8/2018 despite him (correctly) still being in the squad.

Gary Naysmith was announced as Loan Manager on 6/8/2019 but currently shows as 1/12/2016 in the game, which makes it look like he was Queen of the South manager for one day. 

Andrew Lombard should probably be Sports Scientist for the U18 squad rather than the reserves since his actual title is Academy Sports Scientist.

Angus Beith probably shouldn't be at the club in the game since he only helps out with the kids teams (under 12s and below I believe). John Rankin should really be there instead but I assume this isn't possible since he's still playing for Clyde.

A lot of the players Hearts have out on loan are still able to play for the reserves but this isn't reflected in the game. Is this still not possible to set up in the database like last year? 

Callum McGregor`s stats need just a little tweaking to better reflect the player he is.

His balance and stamina should be at least 13 if not 14, he has a very quick turn of feet so his agility could be a 12 or 13 and his off the ball movement is phenomenal.

He is always in a position to receive a pass from a team mate to then lay off another player and/or look for the one two. So his off the ball could also potentially benefit from a 1 or 2 point shift

His form for the last 3 season shows this consistently, and he just needs a small tweak to better reflect his ability in game.

callum mcgregor stats needs tweaking.jpg

Also to touch on another Celtic player who needs just a single stat to be improved to more accurately reflect his ability.

Ryan Christies work rate is exceptional, he deserves more than a 12 by some distance - Perhaps 15 would accurately reflect the work he does for the team when he doesn't have the ball.

15 is maybe strong, but he does do a hell of a lot off the ball and if anyone has been watching Celtic games then they know its for a full 90 minutes.

ryan christie work rate needs improved.jpg

Would just like to echo other's sentiments that Morelos' composure is very harsh on him. Think it should be 10/11 - he's been consistent enough for a few seasons' now. Other than that his rating is very well done.

Ryan Jack's long shots could be a little higher than 8 too, in my opinion. He's scored a decent amount of 20-30 yarders over the last season. Maybe an increase to 9/10,

Liam Millar who plays for Kilmarnock should be declared for canada as he has played competitive games for them but in my save he switched to england which shouldn't be possible

Stuart Armstrong has Invercargill, New Zealand listed as birthplace instead of Inverness, Scotland.

4 minutes ago, mjaferrie said:

Stuart Armstrong has Invercargill, New Zealand listed as birthplace instead of Inverness, Scotland.

This is an English Premiership data issue

Firstly going to say we'll done do not envy rangers researcher this season. See barasic as an example as to why. Really didn't envy anyone having to rate him based on how he can perform vs last season. Even kent not a huge amount of assists or goals last year but an ability to change a game. 

Some of this may be wrong but my staff saying morelos playing close to full potential I think is harsh. He's getting better and better with the added consistency. Obviously potential is subjective but those he plays with have nothing but good things to say while defenders hes against often praise him too. 

Allan mcgregor should be retired from international duty. Sure he retired towards the end of mcliesh era. 

Davis also seems a little harsh to me. Again obviously without editor I can't go in and see exact ca but think looking at it initially he'd be pretty far down pecking order which is in contrast to real life. 

Halliday is an interesting one and again as the first paragraph I don't envy anyone having to decide on that. He's low rated which given till last year was fair. But last year he put in some shift

Firstly going to say we'll done do not envy rangers researcher this season. See barasic as an example as to why. Really didn't envy anyone having to rate him based on how he can perform vs last season. Even kent not a huge amount of assists or goals last year but an ability to change a game. 

Some of this may be wrong but my staff saying morelos playing close to full potential I think is harsh. He's getting better and better with the added consistency. Obviously potential is subjective but those he plays with have nothing but good things to say while defenders hes against often praise him too. 

Allan mcgregor should be retired from international duty. Sure he retired towards the end of mcliesh era. 

Davis also seems a little harsh to me. Again obviously without editor I can't go in and see exact ca but think looking at it initially he'd be pretty far down pecking order which is in contrast to real life. 

Halliday is an interesting one and again as the first paragraph I don't envy anyone having to decide on that. He's low rated which given till last year was fair. But last year he put in some shift

15 minutes ago, Stuart Milne said:

This is an English Premiership data issue

Wasn't sure.  Reposted there, thanks.

Aberdeen FC - The new training facilities aren't dealt with; nor the decision by the Board to move to a new Stadium.

Needs to be included!!

Edited by CForrest1987

Darren O'Dea is still at East Kilbride.  He was appointed Celtic U18s Manager on 15th September.

On 31/10/2019 at 19:17, scottmcl84 said:

Hearts Data Issues

Wrong Contract Length

Players Missing

Player Left

Loans

Dates of Birth

Nationality

So 3 DOB online for Henderson 20th 26th and 29th Hearts website says 29th but has Aaron Darge listed as 26th April when I've had a twitter chat with him and he said he was born 23rd April so Website does seem to be a bit all over the place. I also had a conversation with Strang and he told me he was 11/11 and I've listed him as 1/11 so my fault there. 

I have requested Kavanagh but he's not arrived in my file as of yet hope him and Nwanze can be transferred over from Irish clubs they were at. 

Uche should be about 15 stone reckon I've missed this when he's arrived in my file start of last season thanks for pointing it out.

Rankin I've highlighted but he can't have a duel role so he's stuck at Clyde for the time being Clevid and Naysmith I'll check that might not be till I get the file back for Jan update.

I'm expecting a bit of a clear out now Levein has gone and a new manager may want a few faces in, How do you feel the squad attributes are?

Rangers

Joe Aribo - Nigeria - Should have two caps.

James Tavernier and Connor Coldson shouldn't be getting watched by the England manager.

Edited by blackcaesar
Addition

1 hour ago, blackcaesar said:

Rangers

Joe Aribo - Nigeria - Should have two caps.

James Tavernier and Connor Coldson shouldn't be getting watched by the England manager.

Aribos caps have came after the season started did they not? so wouldn’t be updated until 2021.

Rangers are ridiculously over-rated that’s why that happens.

40 minutes ago, Yer Maw said:

Aribos caps have came after the season started did they not? so wouldn’t be updated until 2021.

Rangers are ridiculously over-rated that’s why that happens.

Hmmm. Rangers are a cracking side but not quite UEFA Europa League First Knockout Round material; not this season anyway.

Aberdeen should have a sell-on-clause for Ryan Fraser and he should be home grown at Aberdeen as well 

Livingston play on a grass pitch in the game whereas in real life they play on a plastic pitch.

8 hours ago, johmginnnn said:

john mcginn sell on clause for hibs from aston villa is missing in game

Not a Scottish Data issue.  If you post it in Premier/Aston Villa issue then they will fix

Balmoral Stadium (For Cove Rangers and Abderdeen Reserves/ youth) 

Build date: July 2018 

Capacity: 2,602 (370 seated)