Leicester 2020

collisonmullan

Last year played a 5 year save with Leicester and really enjoyed it. Planing on doing another one this year. Was wondering if anyone else has plans to give them a go and to potentially persuade a few to try.

Leicester are more than ready to break into the 'Top 6' and have a good crack at champions league football. The squad has a good mixture of experience and youth and always has money to play with, and a few players that can be sold to increase funds.

Experienced Pros: Schmeichel, Evans, Vardy

In these 3 we have a strong dependable keeper, a reliable centre back and a prolific goalscorer. All 3 are getting old and will need replacing but they all have at least 2 seasons until you need to do so.

Young Stars: Chilwell, Ndidi, Tielemans, Maddison, Barnes

All 5 of these are 22 or under, have high potential and are good enough to start straight away. Lots of offers will come in, so tie these down early. 

The best of the rest: Ricardo, Soyuncu, Choudury, Gray, Justin, Perez, Iheanacho

These will make up the rest of the match day squad. This is a very strong 15 which can be relied upon to break into that 'top 6'.

GK - Schmeichel
RB - Ricardo
CB - Evans
CB - Soyuncu
LB - Chilwell
CM - Ndidi
CM - Tielemens
AMR - Perez
AMC - Maddison
AML - Barnes
ST - Vardy

Subs - Choudury, Gray, Justin, Iheanacho 

From here I would look to off load some of the deadwood within the squad to raise extra funds. 

Personally, the way I play is to have a strong XI supplemented by a handful of promising players and youngsters. With any money available I would look to recruit younger players for the future as the squad is currently very strong, and with a strong english core of the team already that is how I would move forward.

Areas to improve/ Recruit Youngsters

Goalkeeper - I would look to recruit a young goalkeeper who could play in the cups and begin to challenge Schmeichel in a season or so. Personally I will be targeting Angus Gunn, as I feel Southampton will struggle this year and I will hopefully be able to get him at a discounted price.

Centre Back - I would look to target 2 centre backs. One who can compete/cover the starting pairing immediately and one youngsters who can play in the cup games. 

Left Back - Chilwell will be first choice for a long time and isn't very injury prone, so target a youngster who can come in for cups and learn from him but is able to cover when required.

Centre Midfield - A wealth of options in the current first team who can play CM, once again I would look to target a young CM who can develop in cup games.

Winger - As CM.

Striker - Vardy isn't getting any younger however he has a couple seasons left in him and with Perez and Iheanacho available there is no need to splash large amounts on a new striker. I will be targeting a youngster, as i want to try and break some youngest scorer records.

With these targets in mind, I only predict large outlays for a GK and CB. The rest will be young players under 18 who can develop together and gel with the squad with no large expectations to produce immediately. They will also be available for the under 18's so we can have a go at winning that. Hopefully a strong CB, LB, CM, AMRL and ST in the youth will help us be competitive.

Doing this will (hopefully) enable me to be competitive in the league and cups this year and develop some  youngsters.

Let me know your thoughts on this and any suggestions are welcome, and if anyone else is interested in Leicester I would like to hear your plans.

I think Leicester are a team primed for anyone who wants to go into top end management at a club to challenge the status quo of a league.

I would suggest having a look at Scott McKenna as a CB who can come in and play in cup games and cover for you. Only 21/22 still and always seemed to get a big move in FM19 and do well.

John Souttar from Hearts would also be a tip for CB, didn’t seem to develop quite as much as McKenna on FM19 but still very able.

I would say they are playing 41221 most of the time . 

Vardy ( PF ) 

Barnes (W)                                               Perez  (IF )

Maddison (AP)      Tielemens (BBM ,CM)

Ndidi (DM)

Chilwell (FB)     Soyuncu          Evans     Ricardo (WB)

Unfortunately, Players like Soyuncu and Barnes are massively underrated i think.

Soyuncu has better mental attributes then this surely- and as for Barnes, his tech attributes are an insult if you watch him irl 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I've played 1 season with Leicester City and they're really fun to play with. I ended up 3rd in the Premier League with a 4-2-3-1 (Gegenpress) or 4-1-4-1 (Gegenpress) tactic that do the trick.

Transfers out at the start of the game:

Gray (16.25m to Newcastle)

Kelechi (15.75m to Crystal Palace)

Mendy (3.3m to Saint-Etienne)

Albrighton (3m to Udinese)

Amartey (11.75m to Burnley).

Transfers in at the start of the game:

Ruben Dias (45m with installments, of which 14m up front)

Kluivert (18m with installments, of which 5m up front)

Tonali (64m with installments, of which 14m up front)

Vinicus Junior (63m with installments, of which 10m up front and 50% percentage of next sale sadly)

Unuvar (youth contract)

Telles (34m with installments of which 8m up front)

Mario Fernandes (31m with installments, of which 7m up front)

Belotti (41.5m with installments, of which 8m up front)

Parrott (on loan)

My 1st choice tactic:

Vardy ( PF At ) 

Vinicius (IW Su)                                                                       Kluivert  (IW Su )

Maddison (AM/T/Eng)

Tielemans (DL Su)   Ndidi (BBM/BWM)

Telles (WB Su)       Dias (BPD De)         Soyuncu (CD De)    Ricardo (WB Su)

Schmeichel (SK At)

I haven't figured out yet how to get the most out of Maddison. On top of that, despite his good free kick taking he doesn't manage to score any goals from them. I suggest trying to remove the "hits freekick with power" trait. Tielemans is the best player of the team together with Tonali. I pair them up sometimes as DLP Su and DLP De which seems to work fine. Mostly I use Tonali as backup for N'didi. I play through the middle for obvious reasons. Scoring is a problem in the team due to the lack of poor finishers,  although Vardy became topscorer of the Premier League for me. Most of the times he seems to be invisible but he scores his goals. Kluivert and Vinicius are bad at crossing and finishing so don't expect game changing results from them. They're mostly there for their pace and acceleration in a counter attack. Chilwell, Pereira, Fernandes and Telles are all solid wing backs. Dias is as always a rock in defense, and he pairs well together with Soyuncu. Evans and Morgan will start to moan at some point, so you can try to shush them with playtime (which I can't suggest since they are quite slow defenders, unless as a sub) or sell them in the january transfer window.The biggest struggle I have with this team is to stay consistent enough to stay at the top. Whatever you do, don't be negative in your team talks, it seems to affect them a lot. Vardy is hard to trigger even with his "perfectionist" personality, don't be too harsh on him to score you more goals. You can tutor your youngsters in one big group together with Evans (Model Citizen), Belotti (Model Citizen) and Vardy (Perfectionist) to get those good partnerships up on the pitch. To make your team gel together relatively replace once a week after matchday a "rest" with a "team bonding" training. This works miracles for your team morale and coach support. Your team might become jaded after a while, so don't forget to change "team bonding" with "rest" in that case. All in all, this team is CL material. Your next goals are to catch up with Man City, but mostly with Liverpool. For the 2nd season Sancho, Haaland and De Ligt are on my list as they are willing to join. Hang on to the home grown players since they're still good backups or even first team players (Barnes, Chilwell, Choudhury, Justin) and you will need them for your registration. Get rid of all the players that come back from loan for an extra income. Benkovic is the best one of them that could keep. He can provide good back up if you're not planning on stealing De ligt.

Edited by phugalu