FMT to FM

Since it's release, I've been playing just FMT due to the usual time constraint restrictions. This year though, I'm very tested to go back to full fat FM...has anyone done this after a few years of FMT and what were your experiences? Has the beast got even bigger, or have improvements actually made it more manageable??

Just now, AVB1980 said:

Since it's release, I've been playing just FMT due to the usual time constraint restrictions. This year though, I'm very tested to go back to full fat FM...has anyone done this after a few years of FMT and what were your experiences? Has the beast got even bigger, or have improvements actually made it more manageable??

One thing about this year's full game is the delegation of tasks is going to be more comprehensive than ever. So you can have it as complex or as simple as you want. 

I'm a big fan of classic mode, I always have at least one save per year on that version. 

I’ve used classic / touch mode since FM 13 (I think) and it’s been my main mode of play. However it was starting to feel a bit stale to me and I was missing the depth.  This year I went back to full FM 19 and once I had set up a lot of the delegations to my assistant I am glad I moved back. 

I’ve given most additional tasks not in FMT to my assistant but keep an eye on training, more in depth scouting etc. 

I’d say seasons take 25% longer but I’m finding it a worthy compromise for the greater immersion. 

Edited by mdshep

I'm also someone who plays both versions and had a big save in the full fat version last year for the first time in a long time. As the others have said, the key thing is delegating tasks to your staff. I've found that the scouting department does a good job on its own and doesn't need any micromanagement. You can obviously choose to scout any players you desire individually and adding short term focuses really helps direct your scouts' attentions to any specific requirements.

I'd also assign training for your youths and reserves to the respective managers unless you feel there's some prospect that requires you to alter his individual schedule. You can remain in charge of first team training although I find the schedules prepared by your assistant manager to be more than adequate.

The biggest shock after moving to full fat is probably the processing time although as mentioned above that can be a decent trade off for a more immersive game world.

I mainly played FM classic/FMT after it came out but last year I went back to the full FM sir to the changes and depth. I also felt they have made it much easier to navigate the "beast." 

With this year's game, if you look at all the features, it's really aimed to make your life easier. Menus are redesigned, delegations etc. are all available in a more intuitive manner, there's more "advice" with context so you can rely on it better. 

For me this year again it will be full FM. I might take a look at FMT but as my time is limited I will probably stick to one version otherwise I'll lose my precious time on figuring out which does what and what's better for me.