Sports Interactive Community
Misqut

Aalen Club at 3rd German division

Hello everyone!

FM19 is the first game from them I play.

My first save went terrible wrong with many teams sacked me many times as I could not give them any wins. Literally any...

I have started my second save. And I decided to run small team with lower expectations from me. It is 3rd German division's club Aalen. I did not have a big budget so first summer transfer window went with just one free agent brought to club for CM position. 

I have started season with possession play with 442 formation. First 3 matches ended with draws 0-0. 

Then I started to loose again match after match. I have found this place then and reading articles etc. I tried to build it up again in the middle of the season. I know it was a bit late. But then I started again new save and following new knowledge from here I builded same team with better instructions, formation and possession game. As long they play. They knew all better(obviously) and were loosing 0:2, 0:4 and again bigger and bigger numbers. 

I do keep guys happy and entertained. But with 10 loses in a raw - it is not possible to bring them back to happines and of course - being sacked.

I do not know what to do anymore. Looks like this game just push me away from it.

Can anyone tell me, if I do start new save with same team, what formation and type of play start with? What I can do to stay in a club for a season or more. I just feel like the game do not want me to play it at all.(stupid - I know)

Thank you for any help!

Aalen finished 20 of 20 teams last season, so you selected a really weak team and my advise would be to use an underdog tactic (i.e. counter) and start from there.

On 24/10/2019 at 18:45, Misqut said:

My first save went terrible wrong with many teams sacked me many times as I could not give them any wins. Literally any...

Given that you obviously don't have sufficient experience, I would advise you to avoid managing both the weakest and the strongest (top) teams. Instead, take some decent mid-table team and start an experimental save in which you will be primarily focused on learning how to create a good and sensible tactic through trial and error, rather than trying to achieve immediate success. Analyze the team you manage and - based on that - try to figure out what would be an optimal playing style for that particular team. Then you can come here on the forum again, post a screenshot of your tactic and hear people's opinions on what you may need to change to improve it :thup:

If it’s your first ever FM it may be worth downloading someone else’s tactic until you get the hang of the game itself before building your own tactic.

Ive played FM19 for over 1000 hours and I can’t create my own tactic at all.

Hey all,

Thank you all for that you tried to help me.

At this moment I have started new save with second division in Czech(Do not really remember club's name). That club predicted to finish 6th but so far in the middle of season I am 1st - 2pts clear of second place. I have used your advices(middle table club, not too big and not too small, look at players and use tactic that suits them)and using compilation of tactics from here - it looks work. I am afraid only, if I get promotion to first division, do not be the first one to relegate. But I have still half season ahead to get actually promoted. I will be back if need your help.

Thanks!

2 hours ago, Grifty said:

Ive played FM19 for over 1000 hours and I can’t create my own tactic at all

I would assume it's precisely because of this: 

2 hours ago, Grifty said:

downloading someone else’s tactic

When you get used to playing the game with these downloaded plug'n'play tactics (many of which are so-called "exploits"), you are actually even further away from creating a good tactic on your own. Simply because those P'n'P tactics are (in most cases) unrealistic. They are not so successful because they are logical and sensible from a real-life football perspective, but because they actually exploit weaknesses of the ME. Therefore, when you try to create your own tactic based on a P'n'P (exploit) tactic, you'll almost certainly fail.