Scouting Focus - Player Style

ryandormer

Does anybody use the 'player style' filter under 'scouting focus'? I used it to filter for 'creative' players, but I found that my scouts ended up ignoring several excellent players (for example, those who were 'creative' but the game labelled 'technical'), not to mention young prospects who perhaps hadn't developed a recognised 'style'.

Has anybody used this to good effect, or would you recommend ignoring the filters?

Thanks.

I had a similar experience to you - it excluded guys whom I knew from previous saves were exactly what I needed, for example a Distributor goalkeeper is one where First Touch and Passing are among his highest attributes, but you can still find perfectly good Sweeper Keepers who won't get the label (André Onana has good distribution for example, yet is labelled a Shot-Stopper, although that may be partially down to low Composure). 

If there was a GK player style that only included guys with high Rushing Out (over 15) I'd use it in a heartbeat though, I really want to use a properly good SK-At yet I keep missing out on the newgens and all the existing ones bar David Raya are already at top clubs, which I don't really manage (with the exception of Man Utd, who have David De Gea, the best old-school GK around).