Sports Interactive Community
leeds united

whats the point of having a technical briefing

I found this not to work, it does not inspire your players, also the comments in interviews does not inspire the players, also player comments on the game does not improve morale and half time as well

when you loose and respond disappointed to loose a game 1-0 when having 30 shots the players should not do the same 

Things like this are influenced by your motivation attribute, the regard in which the players hold you (tied to your reputation), the circumstances,  squad dynamics, and the players mental attributes - there's probably more.

I personally found if your rep matches that of the club and the players that it's harder to inspire  them and/or gain a lot of positive responses, however, once you start to achieve things, the level of respect grows, and with that the amount of positive responses grows too.

If it was just a case of have a meeting or team talk, and pick the right response, it would be far to easy to game the system.

There was a post on here somewhere about someone who used it to try and reduce the amount of long shots his team was taking (he'd tried everything else). He stated that it was effective and for him. So I looks like you can reiterate to the players to make them stick to their instructions more so.

I also think that its could be an effective way of making tweeks for just the game coming up without editing your tactic and thus affecting tactical familiarity.

As has been said, used well it can have an effect, although how you measure it is difficult. 

I do think it affects the body language, much like the touchline shouts and I am pretty sure it affects the dynamics as well.

It’s pointless. I literally just sign an Assistant Manager that has 20 motivation (and the highest stats elsewhere whom are interested in joining) and assign all the tasks to them :D

But it's something Miles will bang on about because it's 'realistic and part of management', but managing a reserve/youth side is not.

9 minutes ago, pearcey_90 said:

It’s pointless. I literally just sign an Assistant Manager that has 20 motivation (and the highest stats elsewhere whom are interested in joining) and assign all the tasks to them :D

But it's something Miles will bang on about because it's 'realistic and part of management', but managing a reserve/youth side is not.

Agreed, it's pointless. Just like the media interaction, social media things etc. If you cannot make feature XYZ in a manner that makes it fun to use - then don't.  

55 minutes ago, Kristianmehl said:

Agreed, it's pointless. Just like the media interaction, social media things etc. If you cannot make feature XYZ in a manner that makes it fun to use - then don't.  

Depends how you want to play the game. For hardcore #LLM 's like myself, the social media & media interactions are a genuine way of seeing which players are hot topics regarding loans, awards, free transfers etc, when you can't afford a scouting budget.

5 horas atrás, pearcey_90 disse:

Same. What I want from my Assistant is the highest Mental amd Motivation attributes and then I assign this briefings to him.

4 hours ago, bruntonpasty said:

Depends how you want to play the game. For hardcore #LLM 's like myself, the social media & media interactions are a genuine way of seeing which players are hot topics regarding loans, awards, free transfers etc, when you can't afford a scouting budget.

Honestly, I hadn't considered using it for this. 
But for the rest of us they are tedious tasks that simply needs to be dealt with to move on in the game. The easiest way for this is to assign the assistant and not care for a second about media - both social and unsocial media lol.

If SI actually wants us to answer the press ourselves and keep track of social media, they need to word the questions/answer WAAAAAAAAY more according to your club's situation, taking into account other things than just the last match (e.g. how about considering whether the manager you're asking if he thinks he can win the CL this season, has actually already won it 35 times in a row). 

6 hours ago, Kristianmehl said:

I actually find the social media stuff very useful to find out who my rivals are looking to sign and random players to scout when it says for example “Real Madrid’s top 3 players voted by fans this month are....”

Yeah there’s the tweets which just add some substance to it, but I don’t think it’s totally useless 

EDIT: Sorry, just seen someone else said the same thing.

Edited by Grifty

2 minutes ago, Grifty said:

I actually find the social media stuff very useful to find out who my rivals are looking to sign and random players to scout when it says for example “Real Madrid’s top 3 players voted by fans this month are....”

Yeah there’s the tweets which just add some substance to it, but I don’t think it’s totally useless 

Another point of using social media I might have missed. Fair play on the transfer rumors.
I'd say, though, that after reading comment number 400.000 on how my '442' simply doesn't cut it from some ****** on SoMe, when I haven't lost a game using that exact formation in literally 40 years,  I just stop checking. 

Edited by Kristianmehl

4 minutes ago, Kristianmehl said:

Another point of using social media I might have missed. Fair play on the transfer rumors.
I'd say, though, that after reading comment number 400.000 on how my '442' simply doesn't cut it from some ****** on SoMe, when I haven't lost a game using that exact formation in literally 40 years,  I just stop checking. 

Yeah haha, I wouldn’t say I actively look at the social media, normally just notice something when skipping between screens or while the loading/saving is going on.

I've found it's quite common for SI to introduce a feature that does nothing in the first year, which then becomes sort of activated in the second year and becomes quite important by the third year.

On 22/10/2019 at 12:15, leeds united said:

I found this not to work, it does not inspire your players, also the comments in interviews does not inspire the players, also player comments on the game does not improve morale and half time as well

I have found this to work if you are talking about the Pre Match meeting where you tell the players how you want them to play.  At times it will show green arrows if they agree with you.  Also for player interviews it will give a thumbs up and say player x has responded well.  To improve morale you need to constantly talk to your players and after each game look at the last match and praise good performances. 

I generally do this 1 day or so before my next match along with any necessary praising of training ,overall performances and conduct and  not after the match that has just been been played as the affect of the morale will wear off by the next game whereas when you do it before a game the affect of the praise is there in the match.  This then can be raised further by what you say to them in a team talk.  I have always man managed my players this way and it has led to numerous promotions throughout my FM experience.

I also played FM like a morale game and clicked a lot of buttons before and after matches.  A lot of buttons.  Then, I got tired of it and quit cold turkey.  My teams still over perform and win successive promotions, plus an assortment of domestic and Europa/Champions trophies.  Nothing changed - except now I click fewer buttons.  Your mileage may vary.

I build up my stats as head coach and manager but in the early fm games at half time or start of the game you inspire your players to turn the game around but in the new version of fm it as been removed

you should be able to get your captain a v captain  to inspire the team or come out and say in the next game why they didn't play well enough  

Never do the pre-match meeting but the idea that leaving all of your team talks and player interactions to the ass man is a good idea is completely wrong. I focus more on this aspect of the game than any other and you can get hugely improved performances out of players because of this. Having a high level of influence over the players and being a good motivator also influence it.

Your assistant manager will never get your players to show as 'motivated and inspired' after a team talk whereas after a few years of doing them yourself you can normally get half the team to react this way if you're not getting the result you want at half time.

When it comes to player interactions it's another thing I see people moaning about but I reckon I probably average about one interaction every other game day and, though it's quite repetitive, it definitely helps gets results and keep morale high and if anything it's OP.