The little ones

Ok this might be a bit of a niche area, but here me out.

So as I suspect most of you, like me, want as much detail and realism in FM as possible, so it really feels like a simulation. This means, if possible, I really make sure to try to avoid playing against teams with no or very few real players in their squad, because then any victory for my side just doesn't feel like a true victory.

Now my Mac isn't powerful enough to run such a massive database, so I tend to choose a few leagues, and then with the rest of the countries, I make sure to at least have the players from the clubs I might meet in European competitions at some stage.

I am aware some nations have got less detail than others, but I was looking at Astana just recently, and found it surprising that they only had 4 real players in the squad, with the rest greyed out. Now before starting my save, I selected Kazakhstan to have all players from top clubs and all players from clubs in European competitions. That gave me 90 players from that nation if I remember correctly. Astana are easily the most prominent club in Kazakhstan, and even competed in the CL not long ago. Right now they are in the EL group stage.

If only 4 real players showed up in the squad of the top team in Kazakhstan, I wonder who on earth the other 86 players based in that nation are playing for? It doesn't seem to make any logical sense. You would think the top club in a country would be the most likely to have all of the vast majority of its squad in FM.

Yes in the editor there are players from Astana who have been greyed out in my save, even though I set Kazakhstan to have all players from top teams and teams in European competitions. So they are there. Weird. I suppose when I play again I will have to set it to just 'include all players from Kazakhstan' and see if it makes a difference.