Is there actually a difference between head physio and regular physios?

Is the head physio more of a manager who coordinates and runs the physio team?

If so then does his actual Physiotherapy attribute matter much less than his man management, motivation, determination, level of discipline?

If he is high in these areas then would it mean he’s able to get his physio team to work more effectively?

Does his JPA affect his ability to perform the most effective physio work on a player, ie 20 means he knows exactly what physio work the player needs, whilst 8 means he’s not very good at knowing what type of physio the player should have?

I don't know if it is correct or not, but I have always only worried the Physio attribute for Physios, but also look at the Physio + Man Management attributes for the Head Physio.

Same for Scouts and Chief Scouts.

My thinking being that the Head Physio is in control of a team of people, so MM attribute must/should count for something. The Physio attribute also because he will be 'signing off' on the treatments his team are applying to players as well.

The Physio attribute as I understand it, goes towards the treatment given, effectiveness of said treatment and also the accuracy of estimated recovery time. 

JPA I don;t think comes into it for a physio.

The game should absolutely be more clear with all staff positions.  Why this continues to be a mystery is a mystery.   What does adding extra physios actually do?  Is 1 enough? 2? 10?   And yes,  I get that the number might be subjective for FM players, but where is the point of marginal utility?  Too many of these staff positions come across as window dressing to spend money on, which leaves us operating in an information vacuum.

The only difference I ever consider between my Head Physio and other Physios is that my Head Physio can treat all players in all my squads whereas my Physios can only treat the players in the squads they are assigned to.  So in a small club with limited resources it can help.

Other than that, it's just an immersion thing and I only ever consider their "Physiotherapy" ability when hiring.  Maybe other attributes can play a part but I've never felt the need to consider any.

What I’d like to know is if I choose a head physio who has high man management, determination, discipline and motivation, then will the physio team work more effectively and will I see a general overall improvement in how quickly players recover from injuries, a reduction in how often they are injured and a reduction in the severity of injuries when they do occur? (taking into account the usual factors such as tiredness, recent recover from prior injuries, etc)

3 horas atrás, isignedupfornorealreason disse:

The game recommends the attributes requires. I think that's pretty clear at the moment. Don't overthink it.

People overthink because, p.ex. in the case of the HOYD, the attributes recommended by the game are not the most important ones.

But as for physios, sport scientists and etc, I never saw any difference in performance by evaluating other attributes. Man management, motivation, etc, never saw an influence of them. I could be wrong tho.

Edited by 99

13 hours ago, Snorks said:

Marginal if anything.

It's the Sports Scientists that work on injury prevention though - physios fix 'em, Sports Scientists stop them breaking in the first place.

As an addition to what you've said, I've had success in reducing training injuries by hiring... a better fitness coach.

8 hours ago, 99 said:

People overthink because, p.ex. in the case of the HOYD, the attributes recommended by the game are not the most important ones.

I've felt a HoYD is more of a glorified coach (and sometimes glorified scout), and sometimes youth team manager than actually good at spotting and hiring young players from all over the country. That portion of their role isn't that relevant since the AI isn't exactly good at signing the right players. I do use their judgement when scouting a player, but I never let the AI sign players.

Or at the very least, my intakes were the same with or without a HoYD! :lol:

Edited by BMNJohn

15 horas atrás, BMNJohn disse:

I've felt a HoYD is more of a glorified coach (and sometimes glorified scout), and sometimes youth team manager than actually good at spotting and hiring young players from all over the country. That portion of their role isn't that relevant since the AI isn't exactly good at signing the right players. I do use their judgement when scouting a player, but I never let the AI sign players.

Or at the very least, my intakes were the same with or without a HoYD! :lol:

No mate, the HoYD is crucial for your youth intake. Take p.ex. his personality. If you get someone from Professional personality up, it's more likely that your youth intake also have good personalities. His determination, same thing. Positive influence. His favorite tactic, if it's the same as yours, it's more likely that the youngsters play in the positions you already want them to.

That's what I'm referring to.

If you're talking about the DoF, that's another story. I also don't care much about it, since it's me doing all the transfers.

1 hour ago, 99 said:

No mate, the HoYD is crucial for your youth intake. Take p.ex. his personality. If you get someone from Professional personality up, it's more likely that your youth intake also have good personalities. His determination, same thing. Positive influence. His favorite tactic, if it's the same as yours, it's more likely that the youngsters play in the positions you already want them to.

That's what I'm referring to.

If you're talking about the DoF, that's another story. I also don't care much about it, since it's me doing all the transfers.

I was talking about intake quality. The quality of the players I've had coming in my intakes have unfortunately little to do with the quality of the HoYD. Aside from the personality I don't care. Considering they also will have coaching duties, I don't select HoYDs based on the formation they like (good luck finding one playing  a 3-4-3 Diamond), and players who don't play in the position I want are retrained (reminds me of a topic on how the AI developed players are less versatile than real ones). Moreover, positional familiarity has mostly an impact on the Decision making attribute, which is rather minor and doesn't prevent a player from performing - IME of course (and what has been said on other parts of this forum.

I'm not arguing that the HoYD is a useless staff member in its entierety. But his supposed "prerogatives" regarding the signing of young players aren't useful, and I personally find the role more useful for coaching and managing the youth team as well as some personality bonus for intakes. The rest...

The HOYD's the classic case of where the info provided isn't really enough

What most people carefully selecting the HOYD personality don't realise is that all the other [youth?] coaches' personalities also affect the players (the HOYD more, but that's a lot of other coaches to check that on average their personalities aren't OK). And you can get a supremely professional coaching team, and you'll still get a lot of players with horrible starting personalities, especially if you start somewhere like Brazil instead of somewhere like Germany.

Or you can go out and buy young players with decent personalities for cheap...

We've also had mixed messages on whether  the HOYD formation has any effect at all, and how many players' abilities and potential the HOYD affects and by how much...

Edited by enigmatic