FM 2020 EDITOR

Marko147

They don't release editor with beta (because game isn't ready and it will add many problems) and released date of beta is approximate 2 weeks before full release(19 November).

Edited by Sheriff7

1 hour ago, Marko147 said:

Hi, I want to ask if you can release editor with BETA ? Because some of want to set up players points as they think is real. Is possible that you do this?

When will beta be released?

Thanks

They will not do this as they often make changes themselves so many people would have games crashing upon release if they were able to do their own editing before official release 

• 3 weeks later...
On 14/10/2019 at 22:44, FrazT said:

To confirm that the editor is not usually released with the beta.

And this is the case this time as well?

Is there any rough estimate as to when the editor will be released? I am asking but I just bought the game and wanted to use the BETA-period to start creating my custom database (custom team, stadium, players, along with some classic players/legends and kits). I figured I'd do this during the BETA so I'd be ready to rock once the final edition launches! :D

Any news would be highly appreciated, thanks in advance, @FrazT

36 minutes ago, TheGame32 said:

And this is the case this time as well?

Is there any rough estimate as to when the editor will be released? I am asking but I just bought the game and wanted to use the BETA-period to start creating my custom database (custom team, stadium, players, along with some classic players/legends and kits). I figured I'd do this during the BETA so I'd be ready to rock once the final edition launches! :D

Any news would be highly appreciated, thanks in advance, @FrazT

Unless things are different this year ( which I doubt) the editor will not be released till the full game is also released so that will be later in the month

7 hours ago, TheGame32 said:

I am asking but I just bought the game and wanted to use the BETA-period to start creating my custom database (custom team, stadium, players, along with some classic players/legends and kits). I figured I'd do this during the BETA so I'd be ready to rock once the final edition launches! :D

If you have FM19 and the pre-game editor, depending on what you want to achieve, it could well be possible to create an editor data file using the FM19 editor which would be usable in FM20. To test this, make a small amount of random changes (e.g. add a new player and place him in Liverpool's squad, or transfer an existing player to a different club), then save the file and place it in the FM20 editor data folder.

If when you start a new game, all the changes work, then you can start cracking on it. Some stuff, such as league configuration etc., may not be possible yet, but at least you'd have done some of the work already :)

15 hours ago, FrazT said:

Unless things are different this year ( which I doubt) the editor will not be released till the full game is also released so that will be later in the month

Awesome, thank you so much for your quick response, I appreciate it!

Have a great weekend!

• 2 weeks later...
Gerade eben schrieb delanoalfieri:

Hi all

I see FM Edior in my Steam Library, but I can't install it yet, see attached image.

Is it actually out yet? Or I am doing something wrong?

That's a steam error, the editor is not out yet.

4 minutes ago, ebano.games said:

The game was released now. Somebody could find the editor? Help me finding please

Tools part of your Steam library. You may need to restart Steam for it it appear in your library. Also make sure you install it to the same drive that FM2020 is installed to.

vor 3 Minuten schrieb dale1512:

hi there I downloaded fm2020 couple days ago with access to the beta.  I cant find the editor in library for some reason.  I'm using steam for Mac if that helps.  am I liking int he wrong place or...?  thanks for your help

You can find the editor under "tools"

vor 10 Minuten schrieb redarmy22:

Does anyone know how i can find the file for FM20 on my mac? It use to be under sports interactive. i want to add in kits, badges etc??

Users/YOUR Mac USERNAME/Library/Application Support/Sports Interactive

By default this folder is hidden, so to access you need to do as follows:

Open Finder

Click ‘Go’ from the menubar

Press and hold down the ‘Option’ (Alt) key

This will bring up the ‘Library’, click to enter then go to ‘Application Support’ -> ‘Sports Interactive’ -> ‘Football Manager 2020’

10 minutes ago, Johnm1969 said:

After making changes to the database how do I save it?. Is it merge? If so where is the database held because when I click this the system cant find the database

Please ask in the Editors Hideaway.

Good Afternoon,

As yesterday the editor was downloadable, this morning I wanted to begin a career with Newcastle. One of their icons is Gascoigne. Found him in the editor as a retired player and begin editing his stats and so on in order for me to make him as my assistant manager. Everything went fine, but could not find where I can add the below items maybe someone can help:

PFA Young Player of the Year: 1987–88
PFA First Division Team of the Year: 1987–88, 1990–91
BBC Sports Personality of the Year: 1990
FIFA World Cup All-Star Team: 1990
Ballon d'Or: 1990 (4th)
BBC Goal of the Season: 1990–91
PFA Scotland Players' Player of the Year: 1995–96
SFWA Footballer of the Year: 1995–96
UEFA European Championship Team of the Tournament: 1996
English Football Hall of Fame Inductee: 2002
Rangers Hall of Fame Inductee: 2006 

3 minutes ago, gln807 said:

Good Afternoon,

As yesterday the editor was downloadable, this morning I wanted to begin a career with Newcastle. One of their icons is Gascoigne. Found him in the editor as a retired player and begin editing his stats and so on in order for me to make him as my assistant manager. Everything went fine, but could not find where I can add the below items maybe someone can help:

PFA Young Player of the Year: 1987–88
PFA First Division Team of the Year: 1987–88, 1990–91
BBC Sports Personality of the Year: 1990
FIFA World Cup All-Star Team: 1990
Ballon d'Or: 1990 (4th)
BBC Goal of the Season: 1990–91
PFA Scotland Players' Player of the Year: 1995–96
SFWA Footballer of the Year: 1995–96
UEFA European Championship Team of the Tournament: 1996
English Football Hall of Fame Inductee: 2002
Rangers Hall of Fame Inductee: 2006 

Again it would be best to ask in the Editors Hideaway. :thup:

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/11/2019 at 13:55, TWG85 said:

The purple is certainly striking.

Anyone else having issues with momentary freezes & entering figures in the far column when using "in between"? 

You can try to lower the priority of the editor process using task manager. The editor likes to eat all of the processor when doing certain things. Particularly searching. I set it to lowest priority so it cannot kick other programs from the CPU. 

Does this also lower memory usage? I am seeing 1Gb mem usage, sometimes going up to 1,5, even though just doing some simple edits. However, you mention searches, so that might be the issue right there.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb sdfasd:

Hi! I just downloaded in-game editor, it was installed smoothly but i can't see the marker of in-game editor although i checked  "show in game editor in menu bar" setting. Is there anyone can help me?

It's a small pencil on top right.

vor 6 Minuten schrieb Mayweather91:

Why would that affect me getting the pencil? Ive bought it and its downloaded? And in the preferences its selected to be in game.

You can try to delete the preferences folder and restart the game.

Hi all,

is there a way from the FM20 pre-editor to remove the FFP? I mean from the UCL and EL and not by nation as, in this very case, you will still face it if you'll pick a team from a nation in which you forgot to make the change. Second question, more general: I do not like to cheat but I am realizing how frustrating is when your board keeps blocking your accepted offers for players they do not judge in line with the club vision etc etc. Is there an option from the pre-editor to "soften" their attitude or (which would be even better) to give the manager, coach full responsibility for the transfers? Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone! Happy new year!

I runned into an issue with FM editor. Yesterday i managed to add/create player and i could set his DOB and place of birth. Now when i want to do the same i cant add place of birth or edit one from existing players (who has blank as place of birth)

Look for yourself on this image 

EDIT: newermind, im stupid. Active Fields Only were checked :seagull:

Untitled.png

Edited by aenezaebai

• 1 month later...

Hello Everyone,

I have downloaded a patch from the internet that contains some new leagues.

I want to edit them in the FM 20 editor and I cannot import them.

FM editor shows that I can import only xml and dbc files, while my file is fmf.

What should I do?

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

Just a quick question re: the pre-game editor. Is there any way I can get access to it whilst I am using this current "trial" version (allowing users to play for free up until 25/03/20), as it doesn't appear to be listed under "tools" on steam, or do you have to buy the full version. The thing is...my pay day isn't until 27/03...at which point I will get the full game (doesn't look like things will be going back to normal anytime soon), but until then I WOULD use the free version, but not if I can't edit, as in that case I would just wait until next week.

I have always edited, and on this occasion I want to rebuild Juventus from the ground up (starting with removing CR7)

Hope that makes sense, basically is the editor available for trial users?

10 hours ago, wonton said:

Hi All,

Just a quick question re: the pre-game editor. Is there any way I can get access to it whilst I am using this current "trial" version (allowing users to play for free up until 25/03/20), as it doesn't appear to be listed under "tools" on steam, or do you have to buy the full version. The thing is...my pay day isn't until 27/03...at which point I will get the full game (doesn't look like things will be going back to normal anytime soon), but until then I WOULD use the free version, but not if I can't edit, as in that case I would just wait until next week.

I have always edited, and on this occasion I want to rebuild Juventus from the ground up (starting with removing CR7)

Hope that makes sense, basically is the editor available for trial users?

No it isn't included

• 4 weeks later...