Holding off on FM20?

6 hours ago, Prej said:

Actually, FM19 is the first FM I grew tired of. I'm still playing it, but it's more just to pass some time rather than really trying to achieve something.

I'm like you mate, got bored with the game when they decided not to fix all the ME problems and leave it till FM20 to do the fixes, right now I keep starting a new save using the editor just to have a bit of fun with different players and tactics.

7 hours ago, djpdavey said:

Are there some of you who are putting off or skipping FM20 altogether in favour of finishing an FM19 save?

More like in favour of finishing a FM17/18 save. The (early) Editor issues with FM19 kinda discouraged some of the most prevalent editors from making as many and as rich databases as it used to be the case. For me ,most of the fun in FM is generated by the community moreso than the base game. SI hasn't announced anything that excites me for FM2020... if anything at all concerning the ME, tactics and how football actually plays in FM. I'll see what happens in the coming weeks, but I wouldn't mind skipping another couple of FM versions; I already did so in the past. I didn't play much FM18 either.

yep, gonna finish my save on fm19. Started with Nottingham forest and spent 9 years there and ended up winning the champions league. Moved to Barca post Messi era and have spent 3 seasons there. Will spend a bit longer there before trying to win the World Cup with England and then move on to fm20!

I won't be buying FM20 but I'm probably not the best benchmark!

A) I only bought FM19 in June and am the grand total of 5 months into my Tottenham save (a long-term one hopefully).

B) My previous FM purchase was CM 99/00 (so not a regular buyer of the game!)

C) I would also like to try a lower league save on FM19 too (eventually).

Looking at my history of purchases I am, however, looking forward to FM2039.

I spend more time on this forum than playing the game, but I think once FM20 is released I won't be as regular a visitor as chances are the discussions won't have as much relevance to the game I'm playing.

vor 19 Stunden schrieb jc1:

I'm like you mate, got bored with the game when they decided not to fix all the ME problems and leave it till FM20 to do the fixes, right now I keep starting a new save using the editor just to have a bit of fun with different players and tactics.

problem is almost all goals are scored in the same way regardless of tactics and players, definitely the most boring fm in 15 years

On 14/10/2019 at 08:05, djpdavey said:

Are there some of you who are putting off or skipping FM20 altogether in favour of finishing an FM19 save?

Not in favor of finishing an FM19 (although I will be playing that game) save but because I don't see any of the announced features so far worth the full price. Maybe on a January sale.

Not buying until at least the third patch. Will try the demo. 19 gave me 3 game breaking bugs that weren't repairable so put me off and I've gone back to 17. None of the features are 'grabbing' me either, just feels like FM19 DLC presented as a full new game.

I'm not playing FM19 anymore as they ruined the training part of the game with an update a few months ago and straight up refused to fix it. I wasn't enjoying trying to develop youngsters who's individual training had to be manually selected every time they were played in a different position to what they were training as (which was a lot). As such I'm unsure about buying the next game because I've found other things to do with my time. I tend to have phases of playing and not playing which can last for months at a time anyway though, so I won't rule out buying FM20 at all. I'm certainly not rushing to get it though.

It's not all doom and gloom though, I'm so far happy that there's no huge new features for FM20, and it seems to be a lot more about improving and perfecting what they've already got. That has been needed for years.

I put off every game until it's released, reviewed and I've had had a chance to view/play it. Though saying that SI broke FM19 with the training bug after I brought it and refused to fix it so I'll still be wary.

Edited by Tiger666

I've pre-ordered it and plan on having a week off work (my first non-weekend days off since February!) to coincide with the release.

I've been getting back into my save on FM19 after 2-3 months off it and am trying to break some club appearance records so will play a bit of both.

This will be the first time I've never pre ordered since the pre ordering system came into play online.  I've been less than impressed with the headline features and the overall feel on this one is a very subdued release so far.  As it stands I'll be waiting for the demo, which is uncharted waters for me.

If I don't like the demo or don't feel the changes are worth it then it will be the first ever release of FM/CM that I haven't bought, going back to the first ever version.

I'm scared.  Help.  :D

I've not bought since 17 but that was as much about laptop power as it was the games. 

I'm ready to dive back in for 20 but I learned a few years ago to not get swept up and pre-order. The game changes so much from Beta to first patch that I usually gave up on any early save games.

Won't be buying this year.  My game time since 2015 is as follows:

2015: 304 hours

2016: 387 hours

2017: 405 hours

2018: 393 hours

2019: 94 hours :D

Probably due to lifestyle/job that it's dropped off so much this year, but just couldn't get into it at all.

My wife is also due on 25 October so probably will have even less time to play (though that 2 week paternity leave could pose as a bit of an opportunity!)

Edit - just seen it's out on 19 November, so will probably be elbows deep in **** by then, literally!

Edited by martplfc1

vor 20 Stunden schrieb martplfc1:

Won't be buying this year.  My game time since 2015 is as follows:

2015: 304 hours

2016: 387 hours

2017: 405 hours

2018: 393 hours

2019: 94 hours :D

Probably due to lifestyle/job that it's dropped off so much this year, but just couldn't get into it at all.

My wife is also due on 25 October so probably will have even less time to play (though that 2 week paternity leave could pose as a bit of an opportunity!)

Edit - just seen it's out on 19 November, so will probably be elbows deep in **** by then, literally!

My experience is similar to yours, 500+ hours in every fm up until fm19 where I have below 100.

And its not real life that kept me from playing but the match e engine. 

Also it's not about winning, I have never been less exited to win the league then in fm19. 

Won the league in the first season with Leipzig, by only scoring scrappy goals and from crosses.  Boring.