Most hoped for improvement in FM20

On 24/10/2019 at 20:33, dannysheard said:

In advance of the feedback I’ll get for what I suggest, I just want to say that I always play as Liverpool, because they’re my team and I want to be able to play as my team even though they’re good... I would like the game to be more difficult in general, or at least have difficulty levels.

I must’ve played around 25 seasons as Liverpool in FM19 and won 25 leagues and probably 2/3 of the Champions Leagues and 2/3 of domestic cups. This includes me doing various things to make it more difficult for myself, such as setting lower reputation, leaving scouting and training entirely to staff, who don’t tend to do a great job of them, changing formation every season and selling at least one star player each season.

I did have a few seasons with Chorley on FM19, who are rubbish, just to see if that was difficult, but a) I didn’t enjoy it as it wasn’t Liverpool and b) I got promoted every season.

I’m just too good for FM at this level of difficulty, which isn’t unexpected as I’ve prioritised it over work and friends for large portions of the last 20 years. This isn’t me being a jerk, as I know there are loads of other players who feel exactly the same. In the same way that players on other games are too good for a certain level, so move the difficulty up to the next level.

Discuss...

Try playing left handed ;)

Edited by diddydaddydoddy

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like more realistic negotiations throughout the entire of the game. Far too often teams will bid, you'll nudge it up a  little, and instead of countering with another bid, they just pull out. Case in point - PSG just bid 192m for De Ligt, 58m of which was instalments. I negotiated to 192m up front, and instead of coming back with something in between or ever reiterating their original bid, PSG just withdrew. Similar things happen all the time with contracts, where it is pointless trying to negotiate more than once as players just reject anything after one round of changes.

2 hours ago, MatthewS17 said:

I understand that it is a lot, however, part of the fun in FM, is determining a tactic, and playing according to your ethos, within reason, and if you have the players to achieve it. 

My  opinion is that SI will only ever be able to "realistically" balance difference styles off against each other once they truly embrace them. FM is still at the stage where everybody gets to microtweak their own ideas of a Tiki-Taka, Gegenpress, Counter, Deep Block, Whatever System. And they all aim to make it work as well as possible given the limitations of the ME. It even allows really inefficient ones for all -- take a look around the tactic Forums and you'll realize that Possession footabll as such is feasible. It likely were a lot easier to balance and test if things were narrowed down a bit and embraced as such....

Like back when the Player roles were made a part of the Code, rather than everybody getting to invent their own roles via the sliders. For the first time ever SI could balance player roles as such, address them as such, test them as such and make them more distinct in the match play too. However, they still seem to go down the role route, given that FM 2020 will introduce new stuff on top of it all -- which the AI Managers have to "worry" About too. That's the way FM is set up. For something to work, Managers have to puzzle their way through Picking the Right mentality, roles, duties, and instructions.  It's not exclusively Players that may be struggling.

Edited by Svenc

To be able to give yourself  proper career stats, always seems weird that this nobody with no playing or management history can suddenly out of nowhere get the gig at a big club. Surely it must be simple enough to add club played for and teams managed when doing your profile at the start of a game.