Most hoped for improvement in FM20

But then how realistic is it for Liverpool to sack Klopp after winning the champions league and employ a 22 year old or whoever is playing? I've seen a lot of threads with people trying to or asking about replicating a manager style with a particular manager. So instead of being Joe Bloggs, 22 years old taking over at Liverpool, City, Barca or whoever you carry on with that particular manager. Doesn't matter who they sign in real life or move on, totally irrelevant. 

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

—Goalkeeper ratings. I guess unless they score AND save multiple penalties more than 7.5 is a rare miracle. I'd like a general update to the rating system but that seems too far off ^^

—Updates to the Director of Football. Especially now with German licenses, the current role is just weird!

—Licensing and Finances playing a bigger role. While I accept FM is primarily focussed on the sports side, there are still some overlaps that should be better integrated, especially when it comes to liquidity or damgers to the league license — Directors demanding transfer revenue, otherwise risk of firing/star players automatically set on the list. Semi-permanent loss of reputation. Option to organise special friendlies against top teams at no cost (or get them organised). Or in extreme cases players not getting paid on time resulting in loss of motivation/absences/transfer request. 

—Put the kit editor outside the cheat editor. Also let the player toggle both teams' kits pre-match. I am still sad I had to abandon my Pauli save but it was necessary because their brown kit clashed horribly with others or was barely distinct. 

It might not be realistic but it changes nothing but the looks, is optional, and sometimes makes games a lot easier to watch! 

Edited by Piperita
Grammar

4 hours ago, Piperita said:

—Put the kit editor outside the cheat editor. Also let the player toggle both teams' kits pre-match. I am still sad I had to abandon my Pauli save but it was necessary because their brown kit clashed horribly with others or was barely distinct. 

It might not be realistic but it changes nothing but the looks, is optional, and sometimes makes games a lot easier to watch! 

1 hour ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

This should 100% be a thing. 

I'd love for that to happen but not holding out any hope... In the FM livestream yesterday, despite the Brentford kit being red and white stripes with black shorts, the referee kit was white/light grey with black shorts so it looks like nothing has changed with the algorithm deciding kit clashes. Very disappointing because it will no doubt mean other kit clashing issues (two teams both playing in white/light colour kits) won't be fixed because the algorithm uses the secondary background colour (which is on most kits the minority colour, and on some kits is not used at all so can be set as anything) to decide which kits clash...

On 22/10/2019 at 16:48, threeps said:

But then how realistic is it for Liverpool to sack Klopp after winning the champions league and employ a 22 year old or whoever is playing? 

How do you think sales of the game would go if you weren't able to take over your own club because you're too young? 

There is options in the set up of a new game to only be able to pick teams that aren't already managed if you want to avoid that. Or if you must be Klopp, go into the editor, note down all his numbers, delete him from the game, then create yourself as him when you start. 

The game has to be accessible to everyone, not just you. 

22 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

How do you think sales of the game would go if you weren't able to take over your own club because you're too young? 

There is options in the set up of a new game to only be able to pick teams that aren't already managed if you want to avoid that. Or if you must be Klopp, go into the editor, note down all his numbers, delete him from the game, then create yourself as him when you start. 

The game has to be accessible to everyone, not just you. 

I suggested it as an option. No need for the attitude in your reply. If you don't like what someone writes I suggest you just skip past it and find a post that pleases you. 

For the record I have never been or wanted to be Klopp. I made the suggestion as I've seen many people try and simulate real life managers so thought it might be a good option for the game. 

In advance of the feedback I’ll get for what I suggest, I just want to say that I always play as Liverpool, because they’re my team and I want to be able to play as my team even though they’re good... I would like the game to be more difficult in general, or at least have difficulty levels.

I must’ve played around 25 seasons as Liverpool in FM19 and won 25 leagues and probably 2/3 of the Champions Leagues and 2/3 of domestic cups. This includes me doing various things to make it more difficult for myself, such as setting lower reputation, leaving scouting and training entirely to staff, who don’t tend to do a great job of them, changing formation every season and selling at least one star player each season.

I did have a few seasons with Chorley on FM19, who are rubbish, just to see if that was difficult, but a) I didn’t enjoy it as it wasn’t Liverpool and b) I got promoted every season.

I’m just too good for FM at this level of difficulty, which isn’t unexpected as I’ve prioritised it over work and friends for large portions of the last 20 years. This isn’t me being a jerk, as I know there are loads of other players who feel exactly the same. In the same way that players on other games are too good for a certain level, so move the difficulty up to the next level.

Discuss...

31 minutes ago, dannysheard said:

In advance of the feedback I’ll get for what I suggest, I just want to say that I always play as Liverpool, because they’re my team and I want to be able to play as my team even though they’re good... I would like the game to be more difficult in general, or at least have difficulty levels.

I must’ve played around 25 seasons as Liverpool in FM19 and won 25 leagues and probably 2/3 of the Champions Leagues and 2/3 of domestic cups. This includes me doing various things to make it more difficult for myself, such as setting lower reputation, leaving scouting and training entirely to staff, who don’t tend to do a great job of them, changing formation every season and selling at least one star player each season.

I did have a few seasons with Chorley on FM19, who are rubbish, just to see if that was difficult, but a) I didn’t enjoy it as it wasn’t Liverpool and b) I got promoted every season.

I’m just too good for FM at this level of difficulty, which isn’t unexpected as I’ve prioritised it over work and friends for large portions of the last 20 years. This isn’t me being a jerk, as I know there are loads of other players who feel exactly the same. In the same way that players on other games are too good for a certain level, so move the difficulty up to the next level.

Discuss...

Have you tried managing a 4th division Belgian side and only depending on their youngsters to get you success. You aren't allowed to buy any players and  the only players you are allowed are those coming through your club. 

28 minutes ago, Rashidi said:

Have you tried managing a 4th division Belgian side and only depending on their youngsters to get you success. You aren't allowed to buy any players and  the only players you are allowed are those coming through your club. 

I know that would be difficult, but it just wouldn’t float my boat. I just love Liverpool, man 💕 

1 hour ago, dannysheard said:

Discuss...

Have you tried managing a club in another country that like Liverpool has a history of left-wing political affiliation? St. Pauli are the obvious ones but there's AS Livorno, Rayo Vallecano, Lokomotiv Sofia, Hapoel Tel Aviv to name a few. Could work your way up the left-wing ladder from a minnow until your manager has enough reputation to get the Liverpool job.
https://outsidewrite.co.uk/left-wing-football-clubs/

16 minutes ago, autohoratio said:

Have you tried managing a club in another country that like Liverpool has a history of left-wing political affiliation? St. Pauli are the obvious ones but there's AS Livorno, Rayo Vallecano, Lokomotiv Sofia, Hapoel Tel Aviv to name a few. Could work your way up the left-wing ladder from a minnow until your manager has enough reputation to get the Liverpool job.

:ackter:

Why not create a custom database where Liverpool have been demoted to the 7th or 8th tier with huge debts, no players and no reputation, and you have to get them back to the Premier Division. That would at least extend the longevity by a few seasons.

Edited by DementedHammer

8 hours ago, autohoratio said:

:lol::lol:

12 hours ago, DementedHammer said:

Why not create a custom database where Liverpool have been demoted to the 7th or 8th tier with huge debts, no players and no reputation, and you have to get them back to the Premier Division. That would at least extend the longevity by a few seasons.

I like being able to challenge for the big trophies, but want it to feel like an achievement when I do, rather than winning the league and at least one cup every season as a bare minimum.

I appreciate some people may not be as good at this game as me, as they’ve gone down the having friends and trying in your real-life career route in life. This is the same for all other games, which is where the difficulty levels come in handy for people that play them a lot.

2 hours ago, dannysheard said:

I appreciate some people may not be as good at this game as me, as they’ve gone down the having friends and trying in your real-life career route in life. This is the same for all other games, which is where the difficulty levels come in handy for people that play them a lot.

You need to adapt to the game, not the other way around. There's countless ways you can make it more difficult for yourself. 

Difficulty levels in a game where difficulty is entirely subjective is an awful idea, and would be next to impossible to implement. 

31 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

You need to adapt to the game, not the other way around. There's countless ways you can make it more difficult for yourself. 

Difficulty levels in a game where difficulty is entirely subjective is an awful idea, and would be next to impossible to implement. 

I’ve done quite a few things to make it more difficult, but it gets to the point where doing more things becomes a bit arbitrary for me (play as a team you don’t care about in a league you don’t care about, only play kids, don’t buy players, that kind of thing). That just kills the immersion for me.

There are ways to make difficulty settings that would bend bend reality a little bit (e.g. give AI teams 10% boost to fitness on difficult setting, amongst other things), but that’s exactly the sort of thing that other games do successfully for experienced players.

If a game like FIFA said to all their good players, don’t bother playing as any decent team as it’s too easy, and there are no difficulty settings, most good players wouldn’t buy it.

The other option would be to open the AI up to modders like a lot of games do as well.

44 minutes ago, dannysheard said:

If a game like FIFA said to all their good players, don’t bother playing as any decent team as it’s too easy, and there are no difficulty settings, most good players wouldn’t buy it.

FIFA is a game where you physically control the players. It's a completely different skillset, that's far more suited to have difficulty levels. 

Also, you say that adding your own rules 'kills the immersion' but you're absolutely fine with arbitary difficulty levels that 'bend reality'. Can't have it both ways. 

The bottom line is that if you're amazing at the game as you constantly claim to be, then it's unfortunate for you that you want to always be Liverpool. If FM does have some sort of difficulty mode already, you're definitely playing it on easy with that choice. But like I say, you have lots of options to make it harder for yourself. 

I really only care about the match engine. 

It was the main reason why fm19 was the least enjoyable fm ever for me. 

I do hope fm20 will massively improve player movement and decision making in the offensive phase 

Edited by thejay

3 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

FIFA is a game where you physically control the players. It's a completely different skillset, that's far more suited to have difficulty levels. 

Also, you say that adding your own rules 'kills the immersion' but you're absolutely fine with arbitary difficulty levels that 'bend reality'. Can't have it both ways. 

The bottom line is that if you're amazing at the game as you constantly claim to be, then it's unfortunate for you that you want to always be Liverpool. If FM does have some sort of difficulty mode already, you're definitely playing it on easy with that choice. But like I say, you have lots of options to make it harder for yourself. 

I think most games (FM, Civilisation, XCom, Fifa) are largely built on numbers and probabilities, so difficulty settings are possible. For Fifa, for example, they just boost the AI player stats in the background on the hard levels.

In terms of bending reality, an example would be that on Civilisation, if I play on a higher difficulty, the AI is more likely to win a battle between two identical units, mine and theirs. That obviously doesn’t fully hold logically, as they’re the same unit, but it’s a price the experienced players are willing to pay to keep the game challenging...knowing we can overcome the AI in other ways.

The arbitrary things people suggest for me on here would be the equivalent of saying, don’t play as any of the normal civilisations, but play as the Isle of Wight. And you're not allowed to build an army, you can only fight with milkmen. That’s the loss of immersion.

19 minutes ago, dannysheard said:

The arbitrary things people suggest for me on here would be the equivalent of saying, don’t play as any of the normal civilisations, but play as the Isle of Wight. And you're not allowed to build an army, you can only fight with milkmen. That’s the loss of immersion.

The drain on resources from SI just so you can have a bigger challenge with the only team you're willing to play with isn't really worth their while. 

23 minutes ago, dannysheard said:

don’t play as any of the normal civilisations, but play as the Isle of Wight.

Oi what's wrong with the island? We're doing alright! :lol: Not in football terms though ;)

1 hour ago, dannysheard said:

In terms of bending reality, an example would be that on Civilisation, if I play on a higher difficulty, the AI is more likely to win a battle between two identical units, mine and theirs. That obviously doesn’t fully hold logically, as they’re the same unit, but it’s a price the experienced players are willing to pay to keep the game challenging...knowing we can overcome the AI in other ways.

So, for instance, just make the AI better at finishing shots. There are actually Players out there who believe such was a thing already. To make the game "artificially more challenging" (which btw, may be one of the unfortunate reasons why SI treat their AI with cautious...). :D I know why so many believe it, and I can Pretty much guarantee that the perception the AI were given "unfair" Boosts would only increase in numbers if the AI were to become smarter. (It should be said though that some believe it because they generally win, e.g. they perceive the game as "too easy", but then would come the "odd" match scripted to keep Things "interesting"…)

Of Course, an Option in the main menu that outright states "this is gonna hurt / is not gonna be fully fair game" would be a different Thing -- as that is the deal you buy into upfront. However, it's likely not gonna happen (and personally in a footie sim, I'd probably not enjoy it very much). I think the best you can hope for, Long-term, is that SI generally close the gaps in Performance between AI and Players -- there are Players who may consistently underperform the AI as well, which may be a bigger concern. This could be achieved in various ways, and arguably may also be more "realistic", as Managers in Football generally roughly see eye to eye. I've Prior argued for instance that the decision making process when really going in-Depth in SI's tactics System is comparably complicated for AI as well (not merely Players). And on the Transfer markets, AI decisions may ever improve some anyhow.

Edited by Svenc

11 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

The drain on resources from SI just so you can have a bigger challenge with the only team you're willing to play with isn't really worth their while. 

It would require some brain usage, aye :brock:

Edited by dannysheard

46 minutes ago, Svenc said:

So, for instance, just make the AI better at finishing shots. There are actually Players out there who believe such was a thing already. To make the game "artificially more challenging" (which btw, may be one of the unfortunate reasons why SI treat their AI with cautious...). :D I know why so many believe it, and I can Pretty much guarantee that the perception the AI were given "unfair" Boosts would only increase in numbers if the AI were to become smarter. (It should be said though that some believe it because they generally win, e.g. they perceive the game as "too easy", but then would come the "odd" match scripted to keep Things "interesting"…)

Of Course, an Option in the main menu that outright states "this is gonna hurt / is not gonna be fully fair game" would be a different Thing -- as that is the deal you buy into upfront. However, it's likely not gonna happen (and personally in a footie sim, I'd probably not enjoy it very much). I think the best you can hope for, Long-term, is that SI generally close the gaps in Performance between AI and Players -- there are Players who may consistently underperform the AI as well, which may be a bigger concern. This could be achieved in various ways, and arguably may also be more "realistic", as Managers in Football generally roughly see eye to eye. I've Prior argued for instance that the decision making process when really going in-Depth in SI's tactics System is comparably complicated for AI as well (not merely Players). And on the Transfer markets, AI decisions may ever improve some anyhow.

I can think of some people on here who couldn’t even spell ‘AI’, let alone outperform it 🤪

8 hours ago, thejay said:

I do hope fm20 will massively improve player movement and decision making in the offensive phase 

... and in the defensive phase. Because IRL 1 of 3 crosses is accurate. In FM 1 of 6 or even 1 of 7 is accurate. Why ? Defender movement and decision making are not good enough to handle such a large number of succesfull crosses. IRL only one cross form 20 - 22 accurate crosses is an assist. Defenders are able to move quickly and to cover the space between striker and target. FM is compensates for the lack of movement and realistic decisions of the defenders by countless blocked crosses or crosses randomly thrown at the goalkeeper or the opposing defenders.  On the other hand, the average number of crosses is too high. An FM match usually generates 25 - 30 crosses per team. IRL average number of crosses per team is 15 - 20.  A realistic frequency of the crossing can be obtained, but only by significant tactical changes. Long shots are too efficient. Normally 1 of 30 shots from outside the box means goal. But in FM19 a goal is scored from every 10-15 long shots and the only restriction is related to quality of  the player who shoots. Some players looks to be "long-shot goal machines"

Edited by GreenTriangle

I hope the developers will finally understand what indirect free kicks are, the league stats screen gives high numbers of Indirect free kicks often more than Direct free kicks. I hardly see an indirect free kick given IRL let alone scored. Does it really mean Direct from the free kick & with a pass or deflection from a free kick.

Choices of teams you want to apply for while holidaying being country specific not just lower/higher leagues or low/high reputation, or National etc. The USA 's lowest league is its highest and covers the same tick box as The Welsh Premier League, I want to be able to apply for available jobs in the  UK region at levels:- Conf N/S, WPL, Irish Prem-Champ, Scotts L1, L2.

Sort out International jobs and give them contracts so its the same as club managers.

Assistant Managers and reserve teams (outside of the leagues that allow them into the main league system) let you learn the ropes under the senior staffs rules, you may have play to his tactics not your own, the first teams the priority, your jobs to supply him with players and get them fit.

Stop AI clubs emptying there reserves once first seasons over. They can start with massive RL squads built by numerous managers in a short space of time.

More ruthless chairmen, a three game losing streak can see managers sacked in some countries no matter what they've won before, or for not picking a player he's told you to.

4 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

One day SI will fix the issue where in teams who wear the 1-11 strips will have '11' as the left winger and '7' as the right winger, instead of the other way around like they've had since the year dot.

Can you elaborate? Shirt numbers differ slightly (or a lot in the case of South America vs Europe) from country to country

9 hours ago, autohoratio said:

Can you elaborate? Shirt numbers differ slightly (or a lot in the case of South America vs Europe) from country to country

I usually manage lower league where there is no squad numbers, so the players wear the shirts numbered 1-11. 

Traditionally (at least over here in the UK in a standard 4-4-2 formation), the number 7 jersey is for a right winger, and the number 11 is for a left winger. SI have always had it the wrong way round. It's not a major annoyance, but it irks nonetheless! 

2 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

I usually manage lower league where there is no squad numbers, so the players wear the shirts numbered 1-11. 

Traditionally (at least over here in the UK in a standard 4-4-2 formation), the number 7 jersey is for a right winger, and the number 11 is for a left winger. SI have always had it the wrong way round. It's not a major annoyance, but it irks nonetheless! 

You sure? I'm pretty sure my right midfielder has had the number 7 on my current save in Vanarama South mate

7 minutes ago, bigmattb28 said:

You sure? I'm pretty sure my right midfielder has had the number 7 on my current save in Vanarama South mate

Yeah, been that way in years. In some of the older editions you could swap round which numbers went where, but it doesn't let you anymore, at least not that I can see. 

22 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

One day SI will fix the issue where in teams who wear the 1-11 strips will have '11' as the left winger and '7' as the right winger, instead of the other way around like they've had since the year dot.

So, me suggesting difficulty levels for advanced players is a nonsense... but then you come up with swapping the shirt numbers for wingers in non-league football as your big idea.

#speechless

18 minutos atrás, dannysheard disse:

So, me suggesting difficulty levels for advanced players is a nonsense... but then you come up with swapping the shirt numbers for wingers in non-league football as your big idea.

#speechless

In all fairness, dificulty levels in a simulation would be the end of the simulation, while the shirt numbers are a detail that matter for football lovers.

1 hour ago, 99 said:

In all fairness, dificulty levels in a simulation would be the end of the simulation, while the shirt numbers are a detail that matter for football lovers.

I feel like an Olympic athlete having a meeting at the gym to request installing better rowing machines to push performance to the next level, and then a fat bloke butts in and says, “that’s a daft idea... just put numbers on the machines, like, so we know which one’s which, innit.”

”The vending machine is that way, mate.”

6 horas atrás, dannysheard disse:

I feel like an Olympic athlete having a meeting at the gym to request installing better rowing machines to push performance to the next level, and then a fat bloke butts in and says, “that’s a daft idea... just put numbers on the machines, like, so we know which one’s which, innit.”

”The vending machine is that way, mate.”

Funny...

The ability of defensive players to cover the spaces and support their teammates is quite low in FM. This is why tactical configurations such as strikerless or three strikers or use of a very risky mentality have been successful. FM19 is better than FM18 from this point of view ... but there is still much to be done in terms of defensive players reactions. 

Am 25.10.2019 um 23:25 schrieb GreenTriangle:

... and in the defensive phase. Because IRL 1 of 3 crosses is accurate. In FM 1 of 6 or even 1 of 7 is accurate. Why ? Defender movement and decision making are not good enough to handle such a large number of succesfull crosses. IRL only one cross form 20 - 22 accurate crosses is an assist. Defenders are able to move quickly and to cover the space between striker and target. FM is compensates for the lack of movement and realistic decisions of the defenders by countless blocked crosses or crosses randomly thrown at the goalkeeper or the opposing defenders.  On the other hand, the average number of crosses is too high. An FM match usually generates 25 - 30 crosses per team. IRL average number of crosses per team is 15 - 20.  A realistic frequency of the crossing can be obtained, but only by significant tactical changes. Long shots are too efficient. Normally 1 of 30 shots from outside the box means goal. But in FM19 a goal is scored from every 10-15 long shots and the only restriction is related to quality of  the player who shoots. Some players looks to be "long-shot goal machines"

I have 50 crosses average per game even though a have all crossing instructions set to not cross. 

It seems to me the ai always defends deep and narrow and the offensive movement is not good enough which leaves only the flanks open.

But if crosses were defended better the average number of goals per game would be way too low. 

But if crosses were more effective it would be to high. 

The average number of goals per game is somewhat realistic but how they are scored not at all in fm 19

1 hour ago, thejay said:

It seems to me the ai always defends deep and narrow and the offensive movement is not good enough which leaves only the flanks open.

Which is also a Long-term Thing that's hopefully improved, btw. Granted, by the time of About FM17ish, the AI when going behind as a "match favorite" sometimes didn't have ist own attacking Corners protected anymore -- 15 minutes into a match. :D HOwever, it's Pretty clear that in particular top dogs don't face near the same tactical scenarios in actual Football. (Take a look at just About any Barca match this Season, for a start…) To exaggerate, on FM as soon as the AI considers itself the slightest of an Underdog, it's Primary aim is to not getting trashed. So it sits deep, denies all quality space, and prays to maybe score one off a Corner, throw-in, mistake (or heck, a bug :P) 

On 22/10/2019 at 15:49, Dagenham_Dave said:

I'll never understand why people want this to be a thing. When you start a new game, YOU are the manager, regardless of what name you give yourself or what your history is. There is absolutely nothing to stop you trying to replicate a real life manager, but you'll never sign the same players, never use the same instructions, will vary in how you manage in-game etc etc etc. 

Also, what if Klopp got poached by Bayern in real life a week after you've started a Liverpool save as him? Bang! Realism gone already. 

I've always considered FM to be a real life replication of the existing football world until you hit continue on the first day. Then you're into a whole new parallel universe. 

For me personally, I want something similar, but in this case, a managerial history.  So if you're taking over a big club straight away, in most cases, your favourite club, it doesn't feel like you're fresh out the water and into the fire. You're an experienced manager with credentials.

However, with this I do understand the impossibilities of it occurring. 

What I really want is a much improved M.E and game intelligence. To be able to actually play through balls into your forward, to have players run into space, pulling defenders away, and to not have every bloody team sit in a low block. If I'm playing Man City, I don't expect them to sit deep the entire match and watch me thump them 4-0 +. This includes the smaller teams as well. Granted, as a smaller team, they can play the highly defensive system, however we need to be able to pull them apart, as most bigger teams do. Yes, in reality, we get the occasional 0-0, and we call it a defensive masterclass, but bigger teams always have a way. In FM19, you found yourself scoring off a set piece or wonder goal from distance, or smashing 40 shots at them, conceding to one lone shot from them, losing 1-0. 

That's it. Attacking Movement should work like its supposed to.

Hopefully as well, starting with my favourite team, Manchester United, they'll be nerfed severely enough to represent how average they really are and that it will be an actual challenge to play with them. 

1 hour ago, MatthewS17 said:

Hopefully as well, starting with my favourite team, Manchester United, they'll be nerfed severely enough to represent how average they really are and that it will be an actual challenge to play with them. 

The AI playing so negative definitely influences as well. It's clear that (top) Teams don't face all-around negativity all Season in Football. Posted this already a couple times, but despite all, somebody had found here that it's slightly easier to score in FM (much more from range, actually). There's a catch, well two. a) He took a look but at half an EPL Season. That's a good deal of Matches, but it's not conclusive. b) He didn't include headed attempts. In particular against AI sitting Deep in that low block, set piece attempts (and headers under pressure from them) can quite pile up. They aren't converted that oftenly without an "exploit" that sees the attackers in space over and over again, and arguably shouldn't.

https://dictatethegame.com/2019/09/27/getting-expected-goals-or-xg-into-fm19/

That's quite an interesting read. And though I think I generally have a good idea on when I'm struggling for superior chances (as well as limiting Opposition to inferior ones when defending, or even low Blocking myself…) -- I'm tempted to try this to apply to a save the way he did. :D 

Edited by Svenc

16 minutes ago, Svenc said:

The AI playing so negative definitely influences as well. It's clear that (top) Teams don't face all-around negativity all Season in Football. Posted this already a couple times, but despite all, somebody had found here that it's slightly easier to score in FM (much more from range, actually). There's a catch, well two. a) He took a look but at half an EPL Season. That's a good deal of Matches, but it's not conclusive. b) He didn't include headed attempts. In particular against AI sitting Deep in that low block, set piece attempts (and headers under pressure from them) can quite pile up. They aren't converted that oftenly without an "exploit" that sees the attackers in space over and over again, and arguably shouldn't.

https://dictatethegame.com/2019/09/27/getting-expected-goals-or-xg-into-fm19/

That's quite an interesting read. And though I think I generally have a good idea on when I'm struggling for superior chances (as well as limiting Opposition to inferior ones when defending, or even low Blocking myself…) -- I'm tempted to try this to apply to a save the way he did. :D 

It's a fair point, and given the short time I've got, I'll wait to see how FM20 pans out. However, a criticism may be is that tactics aren't really taken into consideration. Maybe I misread, and you can correct me on that, but for FM19, I think these ME struggles are relative dependent on the tactic. That's why some have so much success with the Gegenpress, and deeper systems, while others prefer Tiki-Taka or a more patient passing game, aiming for control, struggle a lot more.

I understand that it is a lot, however, part of the fun in FM, is determining a tactic, and playing according to your ethos, within reason, and if you have the players to achieve it.