FMM20 news?

IdtSadly... None! 💔

I honestly don't know why S.I always wait till like 2 weeks before release before they reveal anything. 

It's really annoying sometimes. 

At least just a list would do but no, nothing. 

I guess it builds up excitement so ik not completely opposed😁

16 hours ago, Slamkid said:

IdtSadly... None! 💔

I honestly don't know why S.I always wait till like 2 weeks before release before they reveal anything. 

It's really annoying sometimes. 

At least just a list would do but no, nothing. 

I guess it builds up excitement so ik not completely opposed😁

Thanks, Slamkid. Glad I'm not the only one. 

40 minutes ago, Marc Vaughan said:

More news about the game will be released in the near(ish) future I'm sure - at present all of us developers are working hard to finish the game off and ensure you'll enjoy it when it's released :D

Hopefully 3D suprising 😁

5 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

More news about the game will be released in the near(ish) future I'm sure - at present all of us developers are working hard to finish the game off and ensure you'll enjoy it when it's released :D

No rush pls

We need it as perfect as possible😁❤️👍💯

5 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

Thanks for the response, Marc. I'm sure you guys are working really hard on things. 

Just out of interest, why does FMM not get this sort of marketing several weeks before release? 

Even if it's not on a fancy website, just a list of new features would be great to see. 

https://www.footballmanager.com/features

20 hours ago, passenger58 said:

Thanks for the response, Marc. I'm sure you guys are working really hard on things. 

Just out of interest, why does FMM not get this sort of marketing several weeks before release? 

Even if it's not on a fancy website, just a list of new features would be great to see. 

https://www.footballmanager.com/features

It's simply that FM Mobile at present doesn't have pre-orders so it makes no sense for marketing to be done when people cannot purchase the game for a few weeks. Probably as well is that they don't want to lessen the impact of their highest margin product's release in the PC game.

It doesn't matter if Fmm doesn't get pre orders, the game sells and makes money its ranked number 4 in top selling games, so again it makes cash, so I don't think its unrealistic  to ask for a couple of early features, as everything that's in the game will be in it by now, like they will know what new leagues etc1181233350_Screenshot_20191018-005055_GooglePlayStore.thumb.jpg.040777fb684dc6313e8d6fd957935bbc.jpg

11 hours ago, Kennyd100 said:

It doesn't matter if Fmm doesn't get pre orders, the game sells and makes money its ranked number 4 in top selling games, so again it makes cash, so I don't think its unrealistic  to ask for a couple of early features, as everything that's in the game will be in it by now, like they will know what new leagues etc1181233350_Screenshot_20191018-005055_GooglePlayStore.thumb.jpg.040777fb684dc6313e8d6fd957935bbc.jpg

On one hand I agree, on the other hand from a marketing point of view it doesn't make sense to not give a call to action and talk about a game significantly.

I'm not expecting a fancy webpage with screenshots. Just a bullet point list of features would be nice. I work in software development and I expect the scope of this release would have been defined months ago. Its not like they only started working on it in mid-October. 

2 hours ago, passenger58 said:

I'm not expecting a fancy webpage with screenshots. Just a bullet point list of features would be nice. I work in software development and I expect the scope of this release would have been defined months ago. Its not like they only started working on it in mid-October. 

But features are the most exciting thing, why would you peak your marketing and get press coverage with no call to action that will make you actual money? The game relies on impulse buys as much as anything and with no option of that it’d be the worst marketing decision to do it early

1 hour ago, Declan Barry said:

But features are the most exciting thing, why would you peak your marketing and get press coverage with no call to action that will make you actual money? The game relies on impulse buys as much as anything and with no option of that it’d be the worst marketing decision to do it early

If they Realised it 3D will be on Top of the Paid

• SI Staff

The thought is that, given Google only offers pre-registration rather than a proper pre-order, there is little point in generating hype a month out when about half the people who get hyped can't actually follow through on it. It's especially the case given that mobile is a much more impulse-driven ecosystem. 

We have very rarely given much away before the days immediately preceding release, this has worked from my view quite well the last couple of years and I can't say I have seen any good reason why we should change it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • SI Staff
1 hour ago, Tronquitos said:

Why adding new leagues each year if we already can’t select more than 4 countries... seriously ...

You can only select 3 on FM Touch for iOS or Android. Mobile devices are pretty strict as to how much RAM they let any one app use.

• SI Staff
5 hours ago, kacz19 said:

Where is Ukraine.

Denmark, Greece really? Year-after-year Ukraine produces better UEFA results than those leagues - combined!

We have to consider as well local interest - we have a lot more Danish and Greek users than Ukrainian.

8 minutes ago, Alari Naylor said:

You can only select 3 on FM Touch for iOS or Android. Mobile devices are pretty strict as to how much RAM they let any one app use.

But why don’t make like computer... you can choose countries according the powerful of your device ...

On 30/10/2019 at 14:55, kacz19 said:

Where is Ukraine.

Denmark, Greece really? Year-after-year Ukraine produces better UEFA results than those leagues - combined!

Well, I’m excited for Greece! 🇬🇷

• SI Staff
On 30/10/2019 at 16:55, Tronquitos said:

But why don’t make like computer... you can choose countries according the powerful of your device ...

This would make the game somewhat more confusing to users, but also most importantly it would potentially destroy one of the appeals of the mobile game which is the speed of play, if you had 10 leagues loaded then the processing would be a lot more than 10x slower than a single league because the speed of the game as it is presently optimised is not a linear equation.

If you're a geek think about it this way there are various things in the game which loop around clubs and then inside that loop around the players so if you think about it you end up with this as far as loop iterations go:
10 clubs - 100 players = 1,000 loops
20 clubs - 200 players = 4,000 loops
40 clubs - 400 players = 16,000 loops

So you can see in that basic situation things are slowing down far faster than you might expect when you increase the number of players and clubs active in the game.

We were told that we can expect news regarding features at the beginning of November. On Monday it will be the 11th of November which is not the beginning of the month. It will be almost the middle of the month.

For the first time in a few years I probably won't be buying the latest version of FMM, certainly not on release. 

From the screenshots I've seen it looks like the exact same game as FMM19 but with an updated skin.

There may be new features but less than a week before release nothing much has been announced (other than the two new leagues which don't really interest me). I think this is a mistake personally but I'm sure the decision has its reasons. 

So basically I'm unlikely to fork out close to £10 again for more or less the same game. I may pick it up in a few months when it's on promotion or something. 

To summarise, great game but, from what I know, not sufficiently different enough to persuade me to buy it again. 

Edited by passenger58

2 hours ago, passenger58 said:

For the first time in a few years I probably won't be buying the latest version of FMM, certainly not on release. 

From the screenshots I've seen it looks like the exact same game as FMM19 but with an updated skin.

There may be new features but less than a week before release nothing much has been announced (other than the two new leagues which don't really interest me). I think this is a mistake personally but I'm sure the decision has its reasons. 

So basically I'm unlikely to fork out close to £10 again for more or less the same game. I may pick it up in a few months when it's on promotion or something. 

To summarise, great game but, from what I know, not sufficiently different enough to persuade me to buy it again. 

Me too bro they didn’t change nothing on fmm20 its really copy paste of fmm19 just greece and denmark league i think not as much important more than brasil league and Argentina league....They didnt change match engine so i think everything will be same still 2D 😒 so this year they didnt give me reason to buy this year copy paste game.... plus germany will be same cant manage....

Will we get 3d match engine in FMM 20 beacuse it's the only missing thread in this game .

Their was game called real football manager 2008 by GAMELOFT , i used to play the game on my Nokia 5200 it was a symbian file, and that game had a 3d match engine , it was not that good but it had a 3d match engine it was ony 2mb file. 

FM being such huge brand why can't they give 3d match engine in this mobile version it will take this game to another level if we get 3d match engine

Every year we all wait for 3d match engine, hope we get suprised this year by 3d match engine in FMM 20

I just want to say that I don't want my above post to sound like I'm bashing SI. 

To the contrary, I have a lot of admiration for them and what they do. 

I've been buying their games most years for over a decade now. I was even a subscriber of FM Live from first to final day (Acton Hotspur for life).

Clearly they are extremely talented and passionate about the excellent products they put out every year. 

There just doesn't seem to be much in the way of new features in the new edition though. Either that or there are and they just haven't been publicised enough. 

Either way, money is money, and it's hard to justify shelling out for it again at full price next week. 

Like I said, I'm sure it will be another excellent product, but probably doesn't offer enough changes for someone who has played FMM19 to death over the last year. 

Happy to be proven wrong. :)

I'm happy with the news. I've got £12 worth of Google rewards accumulated so I will use them to buy this when it comes out. 

There's lots of things we could wish for but as far as I know, there is no game which comes anywhere close to FM in any of its formats. 

It's not perfect, but it is the best in its field