Sports Interactive Community
Mihail

Can't run FM15 on the new Mac OS (Catalina)

Hello,

I'm still playing on FM15 (my favourite of all versions so far). But since last night's Mac OS update (to the latest version Catalina), I can't start FM15. Whenever I try to do so via Steam, there's some error popping up. Then when I try to open it via the game's .exe file, it says I can't open it as it's outdated so I need to contact the developer. 

Does this mean since the newest update we can't play the older version of FM, only the newer ones (for example I can run FM19 demo without a problem)? Any workaround for this issue?

Thanks!

Seems to be normal, in my min FM15 was a 32-bit applications. Those kind of applications are not supported anymore by MacOS Catalina. I'm also disappointed than you guys. My best save with Villarreal and Kristian "Pelé" Myhre was on FM15. For the moment i don't find tricks to shout out.

Cheers,

I personnally continue my game on FM19 without any troubles but to be safe take time to duplicate your FM19 files on your desktop for example before launch the game. 2 security is always better than one

Révélation

:ackter:

OS Catalina does only support 64 bit software. I think FM turned into 64 bit with FM 2017. All versions before will not run.

The only work-around is a second Mac with OS Mojave installed.

2 hours ago, KUBI said:

OS Catalina does only support 64 bit software. I think FM turned into 64 bit with FM 2018. All versions before will not run.

The only work-around is a second Mac with OS Mojave installed.

It was FM17 I believe.

On 11/10/2019 at 12:56, Jimmy Wong said:

Unfortunately, FM15 is a 32-but application and therefore not supported in the latest mac OS.

You can still play FM17 or newer on the macOS Catalina. 

For more information please see this link: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=1055-ISJM-8568

if I look in my steam app FM17 is also a 32-bit application. How can that be changed?