Official Off-Topic Thread

Purefun

• Replies 28.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I decided to play with Lyon (what a surprise) as Juninho was class back then. He still had no pace but everything else was good. And loads of young Frenchmen can be brought in with relative ease. (Mexes, Kapo, Cisse, etc.)

Boumsong was also class back then. :cool:

Just been back on FM08 after some Championship Manager 4 earlier tonight, and my Manchester United side full of reserves/youth teamer's, (aswell as a couple of players coming back from injury), have just hammered Chelsea. And no, not with the famous 4-5-1 Chelsea exploit in use.

Result :cool:

It's all good though top of the league scoring goals for fun Scolari's changed us so much and I love it! Of course I enjoyed the Mourinho era and winning the league was the best thing thats happened in my lifetime but this season could be a big one. well leaguewise anyway. We seem to be going stongly and once you win your game in hand we will be 5 points clear. Liverpool will drop off and finish 3rd whilst Arsenal just aren't a threat and never were tbh. Then it will be Chelsea vs United for the title again. will be a close one though!

I dont think you lot are as good as what people are making out. Fair enought you have thrashed Boro and Suncerland 5-0, but in the big games you haven't done it. Fair enough, neither have we (except the forever respectable point at Stamford Bridge), but we now have played the rest of the "big four" away from home and have them to come at Old Trafford, and I'd back us against anyone at home.

Plus, Ronaldo is now looking class again. :cool:

Berbatov is not looking as good as what people think. I saw the highlights MOTD on Saturday after going to the game in the afternoon, and I thought I was watching a different player perform. On MOTD he looked excellent, but in the 90 minutes he really was a disappointment once again.

Yes he has these classy touches which are fantastic to watch, and his link up play is very good at times, but apart from that he doesn't really do much. He stands about waiting for the ball, and rarely puts in any work. And if he has a poor game, then we end up carrying him and may aswell be playing with 10 men. For £30million we could have got someone much more benficial to the team. I'd take Tevez over him any day of the week, and really hope we get the deal done.

BB

It's not the £30million thats it's been made out to be in the mdeia.

How much is it? tbh i wouldn't have signed Berbatov but then there wasn't really many others around tbh. That is one thing I hate about MOTD they make players out to be amazing or teams out as they have outplayed another team, when that simply isn't the case. I hope you keep Tevez i don't want him going to another league.

Well for starters we have already paid £10million of this supposed £32million, as it was £5million for each season of a 2 year loan deal. The fee will will pay is closer to £20million.

I think from the clubs point of view we want to keep him, but if Tevez is still intent on retiring young, (28 I read somewhere), then he will probably want to move, because at 24 he doesn't want to be sitting on the bench more often than not.

Bored. :(

Nice to see this back, but it will probably go the same way as last time. :(

It will last mate, like i said before, we don't do infractions or warnings (well maybe for small things) in here, its an immediate ban. :)

Any opinions?

Consider this our group.

The game itself is sublime and the multiplayer is fun, not as good as Modern Warfare, but addicting nonetheless.

Had a problem with singleplayer though, got to a certain mission and the game just crashes to the desktop. Somtimes it gives a DirectX error message somtimes it just crashes.

I know im not the only one having problems though, the Call of Duty forums are going mad with people demanding their money back :eek: , but im sure the developers will release a patch or two to fix it.

Fun though.

Pouring down with rain here, got a terrible ache in my shoulder that ive had to live with for months ( :( ) cant win on FM 09 and theres no milk for breakfast.

I don't have FM 09. Now tell me who is having a happier day :(

Is he more of a striker or winger over there? If he's a winger, we wouldn't mind him over at the Emirates! But I do see what you mean about letting a player mature before he moves.

Obertan is a winger, attacking midfield. He can play off the front man also. If Arsenal wanted him he would cost about the same as Nasri did if not a little more. In a few seasons provided he's progressed he will be ready to move.

yayyyy off topic is back woooo

Ive caught a damn bug from somewhere.. its interupting my life tbf ...

that and the mrs is adamant we have to watch wire in the blood ... :/

bored bored bored... need a pint... need to get out

rahhh

Wire in the blood, haha! Unlucky for you :D

i hate that program lol.

at least you don't thave to sit through The Hills and America's Next Top Model!

Oh dear lol.

Think I'll get the Last 5 Songs thing going again:

1. 24-7 Spyz - New Superhero Worship

2. Bad Brains - Pay To Cum

3. Killswitch Engage - The Arms of Sorrow

4. Frankmusik - In Step

5. The Specials - A Message to You Rudy

Very mixed genres there!

Btw, purefun, where are you from, mate? Is it Belgium?

My last five songs were:

1. Rui Da Silva Feat. Cassandra - Touch Me

2. OutKast - Jazzy Belle

3. Prodigy - Their Law

4. Wiley - She Glows

5. Enrique Iglesias - Ring My Bells

Okay number five is slightly embarrassing, but everyone has one band or singer that there a bit ashamed of, Enrique is my one. Don’t know why but I like his stuff. Only him though, my usual genre of taste is old school or underground rap and dance/trance.

only just seen this thread finally somewhere in the GPTG i can post in \o/ as i can't post in any threads..

christ its getting cold these days.. dark by 4pm

stupid christmas

I like the cold personally doesn't bother me that much :thup:

I decided to play with Lyon (what a surprise) as Juninho was class back then. He still had no pace but everything else was good. And loads of young Frenchmen can be brought in with relative ease. (Mexes, Kapo, Cisse, etc.)

Boumsong was also class back then.

Boumsong was never class ;)

Pouring down with rain here, got a terrible ache in my shoulder that ive had to live with for months ( :( ) cant win on FM 09 and theres no milk for breakfast.

Hows everyone elses Tuesday morning?

Think i'm gonna play some COD 5 to relieve my stresses.

Lol, aww..

Sunny here.

Archived