Official Off-Topic Thread

Purefun

Okay guys listen up!

This is the off topic thread for the GPTG forum! You can talk about everything except FM.

The rules for this thread are exactly the same as the rules for the whole forum but with one exception, anyone who breaks them will be infracted immediately without a warning, this to avoid excessive abuse. Keep it pleasant and polite!

Have fun.

Purefun, HoPeY & Cleon.

• Replies 28.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just about to watch the Barcelona v Recreativo match need a barca win as i have a bet on them and atletico bilbao to win AB did the job and barca should really! Nice to have somewhere to talk about other stuff rather than going to the Off Topic Forum which isn't great tbh

Just about to watch the Barcelona v Recreativo match need a barca win as i have a bet on them and atletico bilbao to win AB did the job and barca should really! Nice to have somewhere to talk about other stuff rather than going to the Off Topic Forum which isn't great tbh

Barca should do the job tonight, disappointing that Real Madrid got beat though. Can’t believe Schuster is under pressure, it's not like there bottom. Personally though it's all about Atlético and Villarreal for me there the Spainish teams I support, although I don't follow Spainish football as much as I would like just don't have the time.

Haha how are Lyon getting on. I haven't really paid much attention this season to any other leagues except English and Spanish, just haven't had the time as i've spent too long on here lol! What was the reason that Ben Arfa left? and hows Benzema been doing. also is Ederson playing as well as he did for Nice last season?

Haha how are Lyon getting on. I haven't really paid much attention this season to any other leagues except English and Spanish, just haven't had the time as i've spent too long on here lol! What was the reason that Ben Arfa left? and hows Benzema been doing. also is Ederson playing as well as he did for Nice last season?

The question about Lyon getting on do you mean this season or tonight’s game?

Ben Arfa left for a few reasons, he wanted first team football and he wasn't always getting it at OL', his attitude and immaturity were causing problems he's got a bit of an attitude at times which is a shame I'm hoping once he grows up and matures that will disappear. He's got so much talent!

Benzema is doing ace once again the guy is ridiculously talented already has 8 goals in the league. Ederson is settling in nicely, I wouldn’t say he has hit “Nice” form just yet but in time. Love the way he take penalties though, real classy fake Brazilian style :cool:

Barca should do the job tonight, disappointing that Real Madrid got beat though. Can’t believe Schuster is under pressure, it's not like there bottom. Personally though it's all about Atlético and Villarreal for me there the Spainish teams I support, although I don't follow Spainish football as much as I would like just don't have the time.

Yes I am an Atletico fan, only because i went to see them last year against Osasuna, saw Vela play aswell which was nice. Didn't enjoy the atmosphere though, there were no away fans and a black player called Dady came on and the whole stadium started making monkey noises. It was disgusting, if that was English football they would get fined loads.

But it was a good game Aguero scored an awesome goal as did Raul Garcia. so that why I support them lol.

As for Real Madrid, I'm glad they lost, don't know why but I can't stand them there like Liverpool in England they are the only team in the country who i refuse to watch because I gues they just annoy me, with all the late scruffy goals they score. Obviously Real don't score too many scruffy ones but its the players like Raul and Guti who make me cringe lol. The manager will always be under pressure there whether they are top or bottom. Just the way they are.

The question about Lyon getting on do you mean this season or tonight’s game?

Ben Arfa left for a few reasons, he wanted first team football and he wasn't always getting it at OL', his attitude and immaturity were causing problems he's got a bit of an attitude at times which is a shame I'm hoping once he grows up and matures that will disappear. He's got so much talent!

Benzema is doing ace once again the guy is ridiculously talented already has 8 goals in the league. Ederson is settling in nicely, I wouldn’t say he has hit “Nice” form just yet but in time. Love the way he take penalties though, real classy fake Brazilian style :cool:

Yeah this season mate. I saw they lost to Lille was it? I hope it doesn't affect Ben Arfa's game, he seems a great talent.

I'll have to watch out for Ederson's penalties lol.

How do you use the quote buttons? just wanting to reply to multiple messages at once. Cheers

Yes I am an Atletico fan, only because i went to see them last year against Osasuna, saw Vela play aswell which was nice. Didn't enjoy the atmosphere though, there were no away fans and a black player called Dady came on and the whole stadium started making monkey noises. It was disgusting, if that was English football they would get fined loads.

But it was a good game Aguero scored an awesome goal as did Raul Garcia. so that why I support them lol.

As for Real Madrid, I'm glad they lost, don't know why but I can't stand them there like Liverpool in England they are the only team in the country who i refuse to watch because I gues they just annoy me, with all the late scruffy goals they score. Obviously Real don't score too many scruffy ones but its the players like Raul and Guti who make me cringe lol. The manager will always be under pressure there whether they are top or bottom. Just the way they are.

Yes there is a problem with some sections of Spainish football but I don't want to get into the whole racism debate in Spainish football, it's always the minority that ruins it for the majority though :thup:

Atletico have some good players and they play some good football too.

I can see what you mean about R.Madrid but I like alot of there players so I don't quite share your views. It's good to see Higuaín getting his chance he's been in some fine form for them this season.

Yeah this season mate. I saw they lost to Lille was it? I hope it doesn't affect Ben Arfa's game, he seems a great talent.

I'll have to watch out for Ederson's penalties lol.

How do you use the quote buttons? just wanting to reply to multiple messages at once. Cheers

No they drew with Lille 2-2 IIRC, they lost to Rennes 3-0 :(

There's a name for that style of penalty PMLF will tell you as he is Brazilian, can't remember it off the top of my head. It's just a fake shot wait for the keeper to move and then slot it in the empty net.

[ QUOTE ]whatever you wish to quote in here[ /QUOTE ]

Obvioulsy you remove the spaces in the brackets :thup:

Nice to see this back, let's see if we can keep it going this time. Keep us updated with the Barca game :thup:
Press quote on which posts you want then press reply.
No they drew with Lille 2-2 IIRC, they lost to Rennes 3-0 :(

There's a name for that style of penalty PMLF will tell you as he is Brazilian, can't remember it off the top of my head. It's just a fake shot wait for the keeper to move and then slot it in the empty net.

[ QUOTE ]whatever you wish to quote in here[ /QUOTE ]

Obvioulsy you remove the spaces in the brackets :thup:

ah thanks guys :) almost had it lol. I tried copying everything into Quote bracket but it took a while. At least i can do it this way now. makes it alot easier.

Ah Rennes thats who i meant lol! ah i know what type on Penalty you mean. Ronaldo did they quite alot last season.

DiscoStu - still 0-0 in the Barca match. No real chances yet. Barca not playing like they have recently.

Nice another for Benzema! he's a beast! I quite like Bordeaux got some nice young players there. Gouffran and Gourcuff amongst others. not seen them in league but just in the Champions League games as they are in our group. 4-0 though i was happy with that :D

Even better if you consider Lyon have only had 38% possession, and 4 shots 3 of them on target. Bordeaux have had 14 shots only four on target, lol.

Gourcuff is a class act :)

woah! outplayed or what! but its goals that count! Yeah Gourcuff looks good. Do you reckon he will get his chance at Milan next season?

I doubt it, it's looking more likely he will move on. Alot of interest in him with Lyon/Bordeaux in France and teams from the EPL, don't see how he is going to get a chance at Milan.

I'm just wondering how long it is until Benzema will move to a bigger club? He deserves it in my eyes and someone like Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Barca, Madrid, Milans & maybe Roma could do with someone like him.

I would really like to see Benzema at Arsenal, but I suppose it won't happen due to Wenger is only willing to pay peanuts for unknown players:D.

And they actually don't need any strikers atm with Eduardo back soon.

If they sell Adebayor, he can come though:D:D.

How's Obertan? I've used him in FM and he was brilliant, but what is he like irl?

He's pretty promising IRL too, he's coming on really well especially this season.

I'm just wondering how long it is until Benzema will move to a bigger club? He deserves it in my eyes and someone like Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Barca, Madrid, Milans & maybe Roma could do with someone like him.

Benzema has stated himself that he might move at the end of this season, he also stated he would like to play for either Barca, Madrid, Man Utd or AC Milan. He will only move to a European heavyweight as Lyon is a big club itself. He wants to progress and become the best player in the world.

I would really like to see Benzema at Arsenal, but I suppose it won't happen due to Wenger is only willing to pay peanuts for unknown players:D.

And they actually don't need any strikers atm with Eduardo back soon.

If they sell Adebayor, he can come though:D:D.

Will Aulas (Chairman) stated that 80Million Euros’ will get you Benzema. If he does move it will be for a big sum but I'm not quite sure it will be in the 80Million Euro category. I doubt he will end up at Arsenal though.

Archived