Which Player Attributes shape the Polygon edges exactly?

Hey guys,

I've tried to search for this a couple of times using different keywords, so maybe I'm wording it wrong. 

See the attached screenshot.
The attributes polygon has 8 edges. Some of them are easy to assume which attributes they take into account, others not so much. 

For example, Aerial has to be (Heading+Jumping Reach)/2.

I'm wondering if someone knows the exact attributes affecting each of the 8 areas/edges. 

dgxT8M.png

You can check this in Panels/player attribute analyser outfield.xml and Panels/player attribute analyser goalkeeper.xml (for GKs).

For outfield players these are:

• Defending: Tackling, Marking, Positioning
  • Physical: Strength, Agility, Balance, Stamina
  • Speed: Pace, Acceleration
  • Vision: Passing, Creativity, Flair
  • Attacking: Off the ball, Finishing, Composure
  • Technical: Technique, First Touch, Dribbling
  • Aerial: Jumping, Heading
  • Mental: Decisions, Teamwork, Anticipation, Bravery, Determination, Concentration.

For GKs these are:

• Shot Stopping: One on ones, Reflexes
  • Physical: Strength, Agility, Balance, Stamina
  • Speed: Pace, Acceleration
  • Mental: Decisions, Teamwork, Anticipation, Bravery, Determination, Concentration
  • Communication: Command of area, Communication
  • Eccentricity: Eccentricity
  • Aerial: Aerial reach, Handling
  • Distribution: Kicking, Throwing

On 08/10/2019 at 12:33, Exius said:

You can check this in Panels/player attribute analyser outfield.xml and Panels/player attribute analyser goalkeeper.xml (for GKs). ....

That's really interesting. I'm fascinated to see that workrate is not included as this is one of my key attributes when assessing players. I also include natural fitness as one of my key attributes but I'm less suprised to that excluded.

2 hours ago, Hovis Dexter said:

That's really interesting. I'm fascinated to see that workrate is not included as this is one of my key attributes when assessing players. I also include natural fitness as one of my key attributes but I'm less suprised to that excluded.

I haven't tried, but I think by modifying those files you can change the octagon categories, or maybe even adding more edges with new attributes. When I have time, I'll experiment with it.

6 hours ago, Exius said:

I haven't tried, but I think by modifying those files you can change the octagon categories, or maybe even adding more edges with new attributes. When I have time, I'll experiment with it.

In fact it's very easy to change files that were mentioned above to make your own list of attributes. Number of edges can be changed as well. What I like most - this is the only place You could make FM add attributes of your choice and make the average.

Protip - Use the polygon wisely.

Edited by Wozzie