Hello, I want to share my tactical approach with Leeds United and ask your advice for possible improvements

Current Situation

So far we're doing very well with 1. in the Championship and win 5 matches out of 7. 

puan-tablosu.thumb.JPG.2f809e62ce1e1898f60b997cb25e3f0b.JPG

Player Statistics

Goals
Patric Bamford 5 (league leader),
Pablo Hernandez 3,
Kalvin Philips 2,
Helder Costa, Stuart Dallas 1

Assists 
Pablo Hernandez 3
Mateusz Klich 2
Helder Costa, Jacke Clarke, Kalvin Philips, Luke Ayling, Gaetano Berardi 1

My Tactical Approach

In posession:

• I want all team to support attacks so positive mentality
  • I want possesion football, so shorter passing and PoD
  • I use positive mentality because I want to give Pablo Hernandez (my most talented createtor) big space to operate

Transition/Out of posession

• I want to get ball as soon as possible so High Press and Counter
  • If opponent can play behind my defence I change Prevent GK distribution and  change Higher defensive line to Standart

Player Instructions

• Pablo Hernandez -> Roam From Position to give him more freedom
  • Helder Costa -> Get further forward to use his speed

image.thumb.png.12f67f1a796f3c5d00d6dddb7b7e0f50.png

I have some thougts and questions about my tactic:

I know that generally #10's work with #9's. Pablo Hernandez is my absolute #10 but when I use him with my Advanced Forwards Tyler Roberts and Eddie Nketiah both of them play bad, so I'm ussing another #10 Patrick Bamford as DLF-Su, any idea?

When I see Leeds Squad my first thought about scoring goals was using Hernandez's passing, and my right side's crossing ability (Clarke & Ayling), and using Helder Costa's pace (Accelaration 16, Agility 15, Pace 15) and exploit left side of the opponent, but I score only 1 goal with this approach, any advice?

Generally my opponents positioned themselves as above so hard to make this happens and my only solutions is makeing my fullbacks WB-su and overlap both sides to strech them, any idea on creating space? 

image.thumb.png.84dadf37b2ab8cede60eb9de1812904c.png

Thank you,

1 hour ago, AbdelBarrada said:

I want possesion football, so shorter passing and PoD

Short pass & PoD are okay, but AP on attack duty is more suited to counter-attacking and fast attacking styles. 

I use positive mentality because I want to give Pablo Hernandez (my most talented createtor) big space to operate

Based on what do you believe that positive (or any particular) mentality is what gives a player "big space to operate"? 

Helder Costa -> Get further forward to use his speed

As an IF on attack duty, he is already hard-coded to get further forward

I want to get ball as soon as possible so High Press and Counter

I guess you meant Counter-press, not Counter? 

puan-tablosu.thumb.JPG.2f809e62ce1e1898f60b997cb25e3f0b.JPG

So far we're doing very well with 1. in the Championship and win 5 matches out of 7

If you are doing so well (as you obviously are, given the league table), then don't make changes to your tactic (so long as you are getting results). Because changing a tactic that works can (sometimes) do more harm than good, even if the changes are logical and sensible. 

15 hours ago, Experienced Defender said:

Short pass & PoD are okay, but AP on attack duty is more suited to counter-attacking and fast attacking styles. 

Based on what do you believe that positive (or any particular) mentality is what gives a player "big space to operate"? 

As an IF on attack duty, he is already hard-coded to get further forward

I guess you meant Counter-press, not Counter? 

If you are doing so well (as you obviously are, given the league table), then don't make changes to your tactic (so long as you are getting results). Because changing a tactic that works can (sometimes) do more harm than good, even if the changes are logical and sensible. 

@Experienced Defender thank you for your suggestions

Pablo Hernandez frequently comes to deep I think because of "Dictates Tempo" trait, so I leave him as an AP-a

I changed Attacking Width to Wide from Extremely Wide because of Positive mentality you mentioned

I only change the place of my right and left winger because I want to use my Right back as WB-su (Luke Ayling has a "Get forward whenever possible" trait) so I will use my left back as IWB-Su, and also Helder Costa is naturally left footed 

My recent tactic:

taktik2.thumb.JPG.a865e722a0af9d54bdc57a6256a8c345.JPG

We beat Cardiff 3-0 and we're at 1st place with 21 points
cardiff.thumb.JPG.06cbfa96285eeba869bf528101b8c535.JPG

puan-tablosu.thumb.JPG.8407535adef9efa469954d21b40b8e17.JPG

@Robson 07 thank you, hope we will move up to Premier Leage at the end of the season:thup:

17 hours ago, AbdelBarrada said:

I have some thougts and questions about my tactic:

I know that generally #10's work with #9's. Pablo Hernandez is my absolute #10 but when I use him with my Advanced Forwards Tyler Roberts and Eddie Nketiah both of them play bad, so I'm ussing another #10 Patrick Bamford as DLF-Su, any idea?

When I see Leeds Squad my first thought about scoring goals was using Hernandez's passing, and my right side's crossing ability (Clarke & Ayling), and using Helder Costa's pace (Accelaration 16, Agility 15, Pace 15) and exploit left side of the opponent, but I score only 1 goal with this approach, any advice?

Generally my opponents positioned themselves as above so hard to make this happens and my only solutions is makeing my fullbacks WB-su and overlap both sides to strech them, any idea on creating space? 

image.thumb.png.84dadf37b2ab8cede60eb9de1812904c.png

Thank you,

Bamford has 5 goals in presumably 7 games so something up top is working :D

Working the ball into the box will hinder your IF-A, the main supply to him should be crosses coming him from the right to the far post & balls from your AP-A, I think an AP-S might be a better choice to supply him then have Bamford on DLF-A so that he isn't pushing the backline back 

That box doesn't look too packed, it's 3 v 5 but as above, WBIB isn't a great choice, the ingame hints & tips suggests this  

@Johnny Ace thank you, I remove WBIB and my shot conversion rate increased surprisingly :lol: 

I Use Bamford as DLF-Su becase he has a player trait "comes to get deep" and my idea is  Bamford to pull one central defender and create some space for Helder Costa (IF-A)  is it logical?

This is Helder Costa's latest goal to Cardiff I always try to make. Pablo Hernandez comes to deep to collect ball, by he pass the left wing Costa starting to run behind the defence and scores with whipped cross. But I think this works only against to high defensive lines, hard to score against deep lines with this way

Great goal, that's the sort of thing I was on about @AbdelBarrada

Even with a move further up the pitch he'll be able to attack the far post & score 

Yes, Bamford dropping deeper will help with Costa getting on the end of moves, hopefully Bamford will be one of the ones supplying him. Just keep an eye on Hernandez & Bamford, the DLF-S & AP-A isn't a combo I've worked with before, just check both aren't sitting in the same area