The board is so unreasonable when it comes to the stadium

In previous versions I find the board to be totally cluless and ungrateful if it disagress with me.

I was managing Liverpool, 55 games unbeaten in the league, 3 straight league titles, 2 cl titles etc etc.

They are very happy with my performace. The stadium is filled out EVERY home game. But there are several clubs with bigger capacity.

So I ask for a new stadium and every time I press the board, leak to the press or do anything to answer my reasonable request, as I have brought in a ton of money,

the board will sack me every time. It so ****** stupid and ungrateful and hard cored into the game that the club will not leave Anfield.

I hope that will be fixed.

Would Klopp be able to convince the Liverpool board to move away from Anfield? I don't think so. Their preferred choice is to stay at Anfield, purchase the surrounding land and increase the capacity. I imagine if the real life Liverpool manager kept asking to build a new stadium the board (and fans if it were leaked to press) would get tired of it quite quickly...

It's absolutely NOT hard coded to not leave Anfield. 2023 I got a new stadium from the board, and now, into 2043, trying to convince them to build another one..  these things take time

Well, the reaction from the board is still immature as hell.

The stadium is sold out every league game, there is money in the bank, it's 2022, I've set a league record, the board is very happy with my performaces.

And as soon as I kick up a fuss about a new stadium, which is a VERY reasonable request at this time, the board is like:

"Yes, that you for the records, unparallelled success and what not, but we feel it's best that you leave now"

The most successful manager in PL history, which the board says it's happy with you, just sack you cause they lack any vision and has no real good excuse as to why not to build a new stadium.

So ridiculous and illogical imo....

And if they do reject me they should be damn accomodating and respect the best manager they've ever had...

Edited by Pengu

ridiculous and illogical? why? You're leaking details of a discussion to the press, and they don't like it. THAT'S the reason for your sacking. 

not quite sure how you figure the board are the immature ones here.. 

If you get sacked by doing that, then the game is working well and being as realistic as possible. You're the football manager, not the President / Owner / not even Director.

1 hour ago, Pengu said:

Well, their arguments are garbage for not expanding. They're denying the stadium cause we need a bigger fanbase.

BUT we're SELLING OUT EVERY GAME! And no matter what I try it's the sack.

eh? no they're not... They're denying it because they don't see the fanbase expanding (think that is the wording). What's wrong with that? In 3 years you may have done well, but nobody is immune to fortunes changing. 

Try NOT leaking to press and having some patience? Try expansion over new stadium first iirc that's an option at liverpool initially.. 

Argue your point, but don't leak. Move on. When option comes again, do same..  It can be frustrating but then its better being told no than getting the boot... 

incidentally if a player asks for a new contract, you refuse, and they leak that to the press, what do you do? Cave in and give them one? 

In my various FM careers I’ve never leaked anything to the press so I don’t know the general reaction of various boards in the game. However, IRL I’m pretty sure that leaking information to the press would lead to the manager looking for another job.

What business of yours is it? Managing the team is, building stadiums is not. Tell them you've got a degree in town planning, construction and are whizz when it comes to the legal process involved.

Anyway Anfields been recently expanded and doesn't look to be getting bigger before 2022 IRL/ But I'm waiting for the announcement ''Klopp Sacked for disagreeing on stadium planning decisions with the board'' Specifically the amount of toilets and Hot dog stalls the clubs got.

It is pretty clear that your sacking has got little to do with your performance on the field and lots to do with how you have gone about your relations with the board.  You are an employee and should treat your employers with more respect

• 2 weeks later...

With the 25 year ban on building a new stadium since the last one is built, does that include expansion? Can that happen within the 25 years?

Example being, I'm managing Bristol City. 27000 seater stadium built in 2016 meaning 2041 is when I can build a whole new stadium which is fine.

However my average attendance over the last 10 years has been generally 26,900. For the last 10 years I've only had the option to "Build New Stadium" with the board, never "Expand Current Stadium".

I've had it on previous FMs where the board have expanding Ashton Gate in to a 36000 odd seater stadium, but I'm challenging each year with a 27000 seater filled out every week unless I get a League 1 team in the early rounds of a cup.

On 05/10/2019 at 18:22, Pengu said:

In previous versions I find the board to be totally cluless and ungrateful if it disagress with me.

I was managing Liverpool, 55 games unbeaten in the league, 3 straight league titles, 2 cl titles etc etc.

They are very happy with my performace. The stadium is filled out EVERY home game. But there are several clubs with bigger capacity.

So I ask for a new stadium and every time I press the board, leak to the press or do anything to answer my reasonable request, as I have brought in a ton of money,

the board will sack me every time. It so ****** stupid and ungrateful and hard cored into the game that the club will not leave Anfield.

I hope that will be fixed.

I'm managing Liverpool too, and the board agreed to start building a new stadium in the summer of 2023, having won pretty much everything every year barring last season.