Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
mark wilson27

The Making of a Legend: The Mark Wilson Chronicles (Part Seven: Wilson loves the Old Ladies)

July 12th 2028: (Season 13)
After a not so great time at Barcelona I decided to try my luck back in Italy this time with Juventus. I have been given a three year contract worth £51,000 per week. 
The squad is as follows:-
Goalkeepers:
Carlos Gonzalez (CHI) Age 25, Ivan Caicedo (COL) Age 23

Defenders:
Hector Bellerin (ESP) Age 33, Victor Lindelof (SWE) Age 33, Daniele Rugani (ITA) Age 33, Carlos Badal (ESP) Age 29, Hugo Romero (ESP) Age 27, Yusuf Ibrahim (NGA) Age 18, Giovanni Andorlini (ITA) Age 17, Timothy Fosu-Mensah (NED) Age 30

Midfielders:
Goran Starcevic (SRB) Age 25, Johan Smal (NED) Age 23, Stjepan Zupanovic (CRO) Age 21, Mamadou Aka (ITA) Age 19, Marco Corso (ITA) Age 19, Leonardo Capezzi (ITA) Age 33, Christian Pulisic (USA) Age 29, Zeljko Horvat (CRO) Age 20, Cees Esselink (NED) Age 18, Andrea Montanari (ITA) Age 26, Breel Embolo (SUI) Age 31, Leroy Sane (GER) Age 32, Calogero Miranda (ITA) Age 27, Anibal Gouano (FRA) Age 26, Diego Tagliapietra (ITA) Age 20, Marco Solerio (ITA) Age 18

Attackers:
Maximiliano Romero (ARG) Age 29, Moise Kean (ITA) Age 28, Giacomo Tommel (ITA) Age 20, Kenta Ito (JPN) Age 20

The squad wasn't too bad, however the defence was looking little aged and I could do with a back up keeper. I might however look at the reserves for the latter. The midfield is rather overloaded and I will be looking at potentially getting rid of some of them.

July 2028
The pre-season began with a 2-0 win over Larisa. It took us awhile to score the first goal as G.Tommel scored with a couple of minutes remaining in the first half. The second half was all my side but it Larisa to score as N.Ocosta diverted a cross past his own keeper for an own goal. I was hoping for more but it was the first game.

Our next friendly saw us facing Famalicao and we controlled the game with ease. However it was the home side who scored first as they broke through my defence with ease and fired under the keeper. On the 35th minute we equalised as G.Tommel jinked into the area and rounded the keeper to fire into the empty net. The second half was ten minutes old when A.Gouano headed in from a corner which the keeper really should have done better. On the hour mark we added a third goal with M.Kean hitting a low shot past the keeper at his near post. With just three minutes remaining in the game we made it 4-1 with M.Kean firing in his second.

Our final game of the month saw us dominating Besiktas and on the 9th minuet A.Gouano headed from close range. We controlled much of the half and just before the break Z.Horvat grabbed our second goal with a well struck effort. The second half was all us but we only managed the one goal as A.Gouano ran through the defence and slotted in under the onrushing keeper.

Monthly Results: (Serie A unless stated)
22/7/28: Larisa (Friendly) (a) 2-0w G.Tommel, N.Ocosta og
26/7/28: Famalicao (Friendly) (a) 4-1w G.Tommel, A.Gouano, M.Kean (2)
29/7/28: Besiktas (Friendly) (h) 3-0w A.Gouano (2), Z.Horvat

Other News:
I made my first signing as I welcomed 25yr old Spanish full back Iker Gonzalez from A.Bilbao for a fee of £25,000,000 which could rise to £29,500,000 depending on clauses etc
I made another signing with 19yr old Spanish full back Dani Lopez joining from Barcelona for a fee of £11,750,000.
More transfer news sees me selling reserve player K.Chui-Ho to Paris Saint-Germain for a fee of £13,250,000.

Say it like it is, you just wanted to boss Neymar around and now that he retired, you moved on! :p:D

With a back line like that, I think you'll need to keep walkers around, just in case...

You know full well an aged defence in Italy means their careers are only just starting :D

August 2028:
The first match of the month sees us facing RWDM in a friendly and we easily beat them with M.Kean grabbing the first goal from outside the area on the 7th minute. Twelve minutes later it was M.Aka who headed in a corner. We were in complete control and on the 34th minute M.Kean grabbed his second of the game. The second half was all us again and on the hour M.Zorvat grabbed our fourth of the game with a low shot which beat the keeper to his near post. The final goal of the game saw M.Kean completing his hat-trick with a thunderous shot into the top corner

We now faced the annual friendly against A.C.Milan and we didn't play at all with Milan controlling the play. However the majority of the game was in the middle third and it was on the 58th minute that Milan grabbed the winner with S.Diaz curling the ball in over my keepers head. We didn't manage a single shot in anger towards goal throughout the whole ninety minutes.

Our next game sees us facing Sampdoria and we got off to a great start as G.Andorlini fired in the opener on the 7th minute. However after that it went all tits up as we Sampdoria upped the gears and started to dominate us. On the 37th minute Sampdoria had equalised as F.Russo jinked through the defence and fired under my keeper. Ten minutes after the second half had started V.Torres gave Sampdoria the lead with a low shot into the back of the net. Sampdoria were all over us and on the 89th minute V.Torres grabbed his second of the game and his sides third. Not a great performance at all

A poor start against San Mauro saw us a goal down with A.Benedetti slotting in from the  penalty spot on the 9th minute. We were struggling with the basics of the game and just before the break we were lucky not to go a further goal down after another penalty was fired high and wide of the goal. The second half was a lot better as my limited Italian was understood. On the 53rd minute we had pulled level with M.Romero running onto a through-ball and wasted no time in firing under the keeper. Ten minutes later it was two one with C.Pulisic rising above the defence and heading past the keeper. We were in complete control and on the 78th minute M.Kean ran into the area unmarked to fire into the top corner. With three minutes remaining in the game we made it 4-1 as L.Massa diverted a cross past his own keeper to make it 4-1

We now faced my first competitive game in charge as we faced an away tie with Dynamo Kyiv in the Champions Cup Best Placed Play-off. We struggled to get going at first and on the 23rd minute M.Kozachenko ran into my area with ease and fired under the keeper. We weren't at the races in the first half and it was only the brilliance of I.Caicedo that kept us in the game. The second half was a lot better and within three minutes of the restart we grabbed the equaliser with L.Capezzi heading past the Kyiv keeper to give us an away goal. We were playing a lot better than Kyiv now and on the 68th minute we grabbed the winner as L.Sane slotted in from just outside the area after beating the defence to a loose ball.

The start of the domestic season saw us facing Atalanta and seven minutes into the game I was forced into a change as L.Capezzi picked up a facial injury and was unable to continue. On the 19th minute Atalanta scored the first goal as M.Moretti's sliced clearance looped over his keeper for a comical own goal. Ten minutes later though they did actually score in the correct goal as M.Semlali equalised from close range after some poor defending. The second half had barely started when we retook the lead as M.Romero  headed a bullet past the keeper after a free-kick was given for handball. We were in control of the game now and on the 77th minute C.Pulisic slotted in under the Atalanta keeper to give my side a less than convincing 3-1 win.

We now faced the second leg of the Champions Cup tie with Dynamo Kyiv and within two minutes we had conceded a penalty however the penalty was pretty damn poor and went wide of the post. It wasn't until very late in the half that the next chance occurred as we grabbed the lead with M.Kean running with ease with the ball and wasted no time in firing past the keeper. The second half was all us as we showed what we can do however we only managed to add one more goal with H.Bellerin heading in from close range. With a minutes remaining in the game Kyiv had the chance to get a goal back but yet again they missed from the penalty

The final game of the month was pretty dire for the fans to see as we both my side and the Sampdoria side failed to string more than a few passes together. The first half saw not a single shot towards goal. The second half wasn't much better however with three minutes remaining M.Kean gave us the win a and six points out of six.

2/8/28: RWDM (Friendly) (h) 5-0w M.Kean (3), M.Aka, M.Zorvat
5/8/28: A.C.Milan (Friendly (h) 0-1L No Scorers / S.Diaz
9/8/28: Sampdoria (Friendly (a) 1-3L G.Andorlini / F.Russo, V.Torres (2)
12/8/28: San Mauro (Friendly) (h) 4-1w M.Romero, C.Pulisic, M.Kean, L.Massa og / A.Benedetti
16/8/28: Dynamo Kyiv (Champions Cup Best Placed Play-off 1st Leg) (a) 2-1w L.Capezzi, L.Sane / M.Kozachenko
19/8/28: Atalanta (1/38) (a) 3-1w M.Moretti og, M.Romero, C.Pulisic /  M.Semlali 
22/8/28: Dynamo Kyiv (Champions Cup Best Placed Play-off 2nd Leg (agg 2-1)) (h) 2-0w M.Kean, H.Bellerin 
27/8/28: Sampdoria (2/38) (h) 1-0w M.Kean

Other News:
The odds for the season have been released and we have been quoted at 11-4 favourites to win Serie A.
The board have stated that they expect me to win Serie A and at least get to the First Knockout Round of the Champions Cup. Their not too bothered about the Italian Cup as long as I don't embarrass the team.
The Champions Cup Group stage sees us facing Olympique Lyonnais (FRA), Dortmund (GER) and Dinamo Buc. (ROU)
L.Capezzi missed the end of the month after dislocating his jaw against Atalanta, he will miss around week of September as well.
Transfer news sees J.Smal joining Paris Saint-Germain for a fee of £8,750,000 which could rise to £16,000,000, this was followed by A.Montanari joining OM for a fee of £21,000,000 which could rise to £29,000,000.
I have also sold G.Starcevic to Everton for £3,100,000 which could rise to £4,000,000and C.Badal to Napoli for £4,800,000 which could rise to £6,750,000. Another player leaving sees C.Miranda joining Olympique Lyonnais for a fee of £10,000,000 which could rise to £15,250,000.
I sold yet another player with V.Lindelof moving to Olympique Lyonnais for a fee of £1,200,00 which could rise to £1,900,000
Three more players left on deadline day with T.Fosu-Mensah joining A.Madrid for £2,400,000 which could rise to £3,600,000, B.Embolo to Olympique Lyonnais for a fee of  £4,500,000 with could rise to £7,000,000 and C.Pulisic joining R.Madrid for a fee of £31,000,000 which could rise to £41,000,000
I have brought in 22yr old Bulgarian attacking midfielder Dimitar Milenov for £41,000,000 from Liverpool. The fee could eventually rise to £53,000,000
Before the start of the league season I was asked to pick the Captain and Vice Captain for the season and they are D.Rugani as my Captain and L.Capezzi as his Vice Captain

September 2028:
Our next league game saw us facing Spezia and we were by far the better side. On the 13th minute we took the lead with C.Esselink slotting in under the keeper from close range after running through the defence with ease. Fifteen minutes later we added another goal with M.Romero hitting a powerful strike into the top corner to give the keeper no chance of saving. It was far too easy for us and on the stroke of half time M.Romero grabbed another goal with a curling effort from the edge of the area. The second half was three minutes old when Spezia pulled a goal back as M.Perisco hit a speculative effort past my keeper who should have done better. We reacted well though as we controlled the rest of the game with ease and with ten minutes remaining in the game L.Sane added a fourth goal to give us a convincing win.

We now faced our first Champions Cup Group Stage against Dinamo Buc and we failed to turn up. Dinamo were all over us and on the 37th minute they finally got the lead they deserved with V.Burlacu firing home from outside the area. The second half was two minutes old when we conceded again with V.Burlacu doing the honours after beating the whole of my defence to a loose ball. We weren't good enough but on the 81st minute we pulled an undeserved goal back with D.Lopez tapping in from close range. The other tie in group sees Lyon beating B.Dortmund 5-3.

Our next opponents were A.C.Milan and we went down to an early goal as on the 9th minute S.Diaz ran through the defence and rounded my keeper to slot into the empty net. We reacted well though as we started to dominate and on the 31st minute A.Gouano jinked through the defence and fired in past the keeper. The second half was all my side as we never gave Milan a look at the ball and on the 68th minute we got the winning goal as M.Romero rose above the defence and headed a corner past the outstretched arms of the Milan keeper to give us our fourth league win out of four.

Next up was Fiorentina and in truth it was a tight game with little chances. The first half saw only the one chance as B.Vranckx fired a penalty straight into the arms of my keeper after a handball in the area. The second half was just as bad with little in the way of action however on the 84th minute we got the winning goal as D.Milanov barged through the defence to fire in under the keeper.

Napoli were our next opponents and we outplayed them with ease and on the 7th minute H.Bellerin showed some silky skill to beat the defence and wasted no time in firing past the keeper. Soon after we had another chance to score but M.Romero fired wide of the post when six yards out. Just before the half time interval we added a second goal with D.Lopez running in from the wing and unleashing a thunderbolt into the top corner. The second half was all us without us putting any pressure on. We only managed the one goal in the second half as D.Lopez headed in from a free-kick to give us yet another league win.

The final game of the month saw us facing our second Champions Cup game as we faced Dortmund and in truth the fans that came were treated to ninety minute of pure cack as both my side and the Germans failed to get close to scoring. The end of the game saw a chorus of boos from the expectant fans. The other tie in the group saw Lyon beating Dinamo Buc 3-1.

9/9/28: Spezia (3/38) (a) 4-1w C.Esselink, M.Romero (2), L.Sane / M.Perisco
13/9/28: Dinamo Buc. (Champions Cup Grp Stage (1/6) (a) 1-2L D.Lopez / V.Burlacu (2)  
17/9/28: A.C.Milan (4/38) (h) 2-1w A.Gouano, M.Romero / S.Diaz
20/9/28: Fiorentina (5/38) (a) 1-0w D.Milenov  
23/9/28: Napoli (6/38) (h) 3-0w H.Bellerin, D.Lopez (2)
26/9/28: Dortmund (Champions Cup Grp Stage (2/6) (h) 0-0d No Scorer  

Other News:
Injury news sees I.Coda Zabetta our for the whole of this month after spraining his ankle in training also M.Kean missed the second half of the month and will miss the first half of next month after getting a Sports Hernia during training
We have been quoted at 18-1 to win the Champions Cup with Manchester City as 3-1 Favourites
Transfer news sees Mohamed Semiali joining us from Atalanta for a fee of £15,000,000. He is a 24yr old Moroccan  striker

October 2028:
The first match of the month saw us facing local rivals Torino and we got off to a great start with L.Sane firing us into the lead within five minutes of the kick off. However after the goal the game seemed to die with little in the way of action for the fans to shout about. The rest of the half wasn't great for the fans. The second half was alittle better as my half time team talk saw my players piling on the pressure and on the 68th minute we added our second goal with D.Lopez heading in from a free-kick. Torino weren't getting close to the ball and never managed to get a shot on target to give us the bragging rights for the time being.

The second game of the month wasn't great for the fans a we struggled against Novara a side who we should be thrashing. The first half was mainly played in the midfield with a real battle for the ball. The second half didn't see much action either apart from on the 81st minute as S.Zupanovic ran into the area with ease and fired under the keeper however the fans showed there frustration with a some jeering.

Our next game saw us facing a Champions Cup Group game against Lyonnais and we made a brilliant start with a powerful strike from M.Romero which gave the keeper no chance of saving. However after the goal it went tits up as Lyonnais upped there game and on the 34th minute M.Mpjaca headed in the equaliser. The second half was three minutes old when Lyonnais took the lead as S.Leciercq ran through my defence with far too much ease and slotted in under the keeper. We never got going again and Lyonnais dominated the play without getting through my defence. Not a great result at all. The other game in the group saw Dinamo Buc losing 1-0 to Dortmund.

After the poor performance midweek we faced an away game with Chievo. The first half wasn't the greatest with some poor play in general however we managed to get a goal in the 39th minute as M.Romero headed in from ten yards after the defence failed to deal with a simple free-kick. The second half was a lot better as we started to actually play and on the 74th minute we made it two nil with a long range effort from D.Milenov which gave the Chievo keeper no chance of saving. I let the players I was happy with the second half performance and wanted them to keep it up

My players carried on like I asked from the previous game with a great performance and on the 4th minute we took the lead as M.Romero fired in with power from just inside the area. Ten minutes later we grabbed another goal with S.Zupanovic curling in a free-kick from 25 yards. It was becoming too easy for us and on the 39th minute M.Romero grabbed another goal with a well struck shot from close range. The second half was much the same and on the 67th minute M.Kean  ran into the area with the ball and rounded the keeper to slot into the empty net. With three minutes remaining we grabbed the final goal as L.Sane rose above the defence and headed a cross past the keeper to give us a 5-0 victory

The final game of the month saw us facing Roma and we got off to a bad start with a low shot from F.Hernandez which beat my keeper to his near post. Roma carried on the pressure and on the 29th minute they added a second goal with a powerful strike which rebounded in off the upright. The second half was a lot better as we dominated and on the 59th minute we pulled a goal back as M.Romero jinked into the area and fired with pace past the keeper. We carried on the pressure and on the 75th minute we got the equaliser we deserved as D.Rugani rose high above the defence and headed a cross past the keeper. However Roma had the final chance of the game as they broke through my defence and fired with pace towards goal but the goal was ruled out for a foul in the build up

1/9/28: Torino (7/38) (a) 2-0w L.Sane, D.Lopez
14/10/28: Novara (8/38) (h) 1-0w S.Zupanovic
17/10/28: Olympique Lyonnais (Champions Cup Grp Stage (3/6) (h) 1-2L M.Romero / M.Mpjaca, S.Leciercq  
22/10/28: Chievo (a) (9/38) 2-0w M.Romero, D.Milenov
25/10/28: Udinese (h) (10/38) 5-0w M.Romero (2), S.Zupanovic, M.Kean, L.Sane
28/10/28: Roma (a) (11/38) 2-2d M.Romero, D.Rugani / F.Hernandez (2)

Other News:
After an unbeaten month in the League we find ourselves top of the table six points clear of 2nd placed Napoli. We have collect 31pts out of a possible 33 so far. In the Champions Cup we are bottom of the table after scoring just a single point after three games.
Injury news sees D.Milenov missing the latter part of the month after injuring his knee during the Chievo game

Il y a 1 heure, mark wilson27 a dit :

17/10/28: Olympique Lyonnais (Champions Cup Grp Stage (3/6) (h) 1-2L M.Romero / M.Mpjaca, S.Leciercq  

tough result here Mr. Wilson...  which seed spot you got in the group? Who else is with you in CL group?

Rien102 - It was a tough result but not as bad the one below. I cant remimber which pot I was in but the Group is as follows Olympique Lyonnais (FRA), Dortmund (GER) and Dinamo Buc. (ROU)

November 2028:
Not the start to the month I wanted as we faced Lyonnais in the Champions Cup. Four minutes into the game they took the lead as S.Leciercq beat the offside trap and fired under the keeper. On the 12th minute they grabbed another goal with M.Pjaca sprinting clear of my defence to fire under I.Caicedo. Ten minutes later it was three nil with S.Leciercq grabbing his second with a rasping effort. On the 34th minute S.Leciercq completed his hat-trick with a thunderous effort which gave the keeper little chance to score. Just before the break M.Pjaca scored his second of the game with a curling effort past I.Caicedo. The second half  was twelve minutes old when M.Pjaca completed his hat-trick with a header from a L.Sane cross. We were being battered and on the 76th minute J.Marquez slotted low past the keeper. Five minutes later we managed to pull a goal back with C.Esselink heading in from close range. There was one final goal in the game with J.Marquez slotting in under I.Caicedo to give them an 8-1 victory. In the other group game Dortmund beat Dinamo 1-0.

After the abysmal performance against Lyonnais I told the players I wanted them to get a win to get some pride back. However we didn't get off to a good start as on the 9th minute G.Croci jinked through the defence and slotted in under I.Caicedo. The players responded well though and on the 23rd minute A.Gouano ran onto a L.Sane through-ball to fire in under the onrushing keeper. The second half was all my side and on the 79th minute we grabbed the winner we deserved with M.Romero heading in from a L.Capezzi corner

A poor start against Pescara saw us going a goal down within four minutes as C.Finnis ran unmarked into the area and fired past my keeper C.Gonzalez. Soon after they had another chance to score but luckily for us it was ruled out by the assistant referee for offside. The second half was much the same with some excellent play by Pescara and on the 85th minute J.Asoro headed in Pescara's second goal to confirm the win and condemn us to our first loss of the league season.

We now faced Dinamo Buc in the Champions Cup and on the 11th minute we grabbed the lead with L.Sane slotting in from close range after running onto a C.Esselink through-ball. Nine minutes later we were awarded a penalty after L.Sane was brought down in the area, M.Romero stepped up and fired the ball against the crossbar however L.Capezzi ran in and fired the ball past the keeper. Just before the break we grabbed our next goal with S.Zupanovic hitting a low ball past the keeper and into the back of the. The second half was twelve minutes old when we added goal number four as L.Capezzi hit a thunderous volley past the keeper from a L.Sane cross. We had one final goal of the game as C.Esselink barged into the area to fired in from close range. The other result in the group saw Lyonnais and Dortmund fighting out a 2-2 draw and also saw us being knocked out of the Champions Cup.

The final game of the month was in truth pretty damn awful for the fans with some real dire play. The first half didn't see a single effort on goal with the majority of the play being in the mi9ddle third of the pitch. The second half wasn't much better with some more dire play However unlike the previous forty five minutes we scored with A.Gouano beating the offside trap and firing under the keeper.

1/11/28: Olympique Lyonnais (Champions Cup Grp Stage (4/6) (a) 1-8L C.Esselink / S.Leciercq (3), M.Pjaca (3), J.Marquez  
5/11/28: Cagliari (12/38) (h) 2-1w A.Gouano, M.Romero / G.Croci
18/11/28: Pescara (13/38) (a) 0-2L C.Finnis, J.Asoro
21/11/28: Dinamo Buc. (Champions Cup Grp Stage (5/6) (h) 5-0w L.Sane, L.Capezzi (2), S.Zupanovic, C.Esselink  
26/11/28: INTER (14/38) (h) 1-0w A.Gouano

Other News:
Despite suffering our first loss in the league we are still top with a lead of eight points over second placed Napoli.
After the disgusting performance against Olympique Lyonnais I made the players refund the cost of travel and tickets to the fans that went to watch the abomination. It cost them in the region of £110,000
At the end of the month we were given our opponents for the Italian Cup First Round and we will be facing a home tie against Catania which will be played in January

Il y a 21 heures, mark wilson27 a dit :

Group is as follows Olympique Lyonnais (FRA), Dortmund (GER) and Dinamo Buc. (ROU)

Il y a 21 heures, mark wilson27 a dit :

1/11/28: Olympique Lyonnais (Champions Cup Grp Stage (4/6) (a) 1-8L

tough group for sure...  but it doesn't make such performances.... huh... acceptable? :(

December 2028:
The month began with a great performance against Empoli. It did however take us till the 32nd minute to take the lead with M.Romero running through the defence with ease and fired under the Empoli keeper. The second half was much the same as we controlled the play and on the 58th minute we grabbed a second goal with M.Romero heading in his second of the game from a D.Lopez cross. With three minutes remaining in the game we grabbed a third goal with M.Romero completing his hat-trick from close range.

The next game was away to Dortmund in the Champions Cup and we got off to a dire start with A.Semenets curling the ball in from just outside the area to give the Germans the lead. Dortmund controlled the half and we were lucky that they didn't add another goal. The second half wasn't much better and on the hour J.Diaz headed in from close range after my keeper failed to deal with a simple cross. It was far too easy and on the 79th minute they grabbed a third with a low shot from J.Diaz which beat C.Gonzalez to his near post. The other game in the group saw Lyon beating Dinamo 1-0. The group ended with Lyon top on 16pts, Dortmund on 11pts my side on 4pts and Dinamo on 3pts to see us qualify for the Europa Cup

We now faced Sassuolo in Serie A and on the 18th minute we grabbed the lead with L.Capezzi firing in from the penalty spot after L.Sane was brought down in the area. Just before the break we grabbed a second goal as P.Ramallio diverted a M.Romero shot past his own keeper. The second half was dominated by my side but we only managed to grab a single goal as L.Capezzi jinked through the Sassuolo defence to fire in past the keeper and get all three points.

An away trip to Verona was our next game and we failed to get close to the goal with some dire football. Just before the break I was forced into a change with M.Kean being replaced by D.Milenov. The second half was just as bad for us as we struggled to get more than a single passes together and on the 74th minute M.Stoppa headed in from close range to give the home side all three points

The final game of the month saw us facing an away game to Bologna and within a minute we were a goal down as V.Torres sprinted into the area and fired with pace past C.Gonzalez. On the 21st minute it was two nil with I.Tavares heading past the keeper after some more woeful defending. We were being outplayed and just before the break we came close to losing another goal after V.Torres failed to fire in from the penalty spot. The second half a lot better for us after the Wilson Hairdryer kicked in at half time. On the 58th minute though Bologna did score as F.Russo scored an own goal to give us a goal back. Ten minutes later we pulled level as D.Lopez ran into a D.Lopez through-ball to slot in past the keeper. We were dominating the game and on the 74th minute M.Romero curled into the top corner from twenty five yards after spotting the keeper off his line. There was one more goal in the game with A.Gouano beating the offside trap to fire in with pace.

2/12/28: Empoli (15/38) (h) 3-0w M.Romero (3)
6/12/28: Dortmund (Champions Cup Grp Stage (6/6) (a) 0-3L No Scorers / A.Semenets, J.Diaz (2) 
10/12/28: Sassuolo (16/38) (h) 3-0w L.Cepezzi (2), P.Ramallio og 
16/12/28: Verona (17/38) (a) 0-1L No Scorers / M.Stoppa
20/12/28: Bologna (18/38) (a) 2-4w F.Russo og, D.Lopez, M.Romero, A.Gouno / V.Torres, I.Tavares

Other News:
In the league we did pretty well with only the one loss. However 2nd placed Napoli have been piling on the points and are only 5pts behind us
With us finishing 3rd in the Champions Cup Group stage we have qualified for the EURO Cup where we have been drawn against AS Monaco (FRA). The first leg will be played at home.
Injury news sees M.Kean out of action for half of the month and the first part of January after damaging his knee during the Verona game.
Towards the end of the month I was approached by Liverpool with a view to take over the club. I decided to decline the offer as I had only been at the Juventus for a short while.