Sports Interactive Community
SkiIIs

‘Instant Result’ button

On FM Touch, yes.

On full FM, not by default no. There are 3rd party skins you can get though that add this in.

Does this instant result button give you a genuine authentic result or does the skin cheat a bit somehow and fake the result?

How do you allocate responsibility for substitutions and tactics if you press the button?

52 minutes ago, 2feet said:

Does this instant result button give you a genuine authentic result or does the skin cheat a bit somehow and fake the result?

How do you allocate responsibility for substitutions and tactics if you press the button?

It simulates the match the same as any other.

Substitutions etc will be done by Ass Man by default unless you set up match plans.

i honestly don't know why we have to download a 3rd party skin to use instant result. Yes I know it's a "manager" game, but literally every single sports game on the market has the ability to simulate games you don't want to play. It's not an absurd request

10 ore fa, 2feet ha scritto:

Depending on how good your AssMan is, you often have a better chance to win! :D

10 ore fa, 2feet ha scritto:

It delegates everything to the AssMan, but in past versions (don't know if it's still like that in 19) if you select a GamePlan (even if you don't have any), the game won't change a thing and your team will finish the match the way they started it.
So no AssMan input, neither for the good (subs of tired or poorly-performing players) nor for the bad (if you rested some stars, he'll sub them in at half-time)

TBH I don't understand why we can't get it implemented in a fully-working way by default instead of having to download an extra add-on which is often bugged (or feels so anyway).

But how is it possible that the game fully simulates the game instantly, if even on Commentary Only and the fastest speed it still takes a few minutes to finish the game? That always made me think that the instant result thingy somehow just calculates the result based on reputation/CA/whatever and doesn't actually go on event-by-event basis... I heard a few people saying they're getting better results with that skin than they are themselves, which turned me off quite a bit. I'd use the skin if I was absolutely sure that my tactics will still play a part, can someone confirm this? Also, is this just a feature that is in the game, was purposely hidden by SI and the skin just unlocks it or something made completely by 3rd party?

1 hour ago, DiStru_ said:

But how is it possible that the game fully simulates the game instantly, if even on Commentary Only and the fastest speed it still takes a few minutes to finish the game? That always made me think that the instant result thingy somehow just calculates the result based on reputation/CA/whatever and doesn't actually go on event-by-event basis... I heard a few people saying they're getting better results with that skin than they are themselves, which turned me off quite a bit. I'd use the skin if I was absolutely sure that my tactics will still play a part, can someone confirm this? Also, is this just a feature that is in the game, was purposely hidden by SI and the skin just unlocks it or something made completely by 3rd party?

From my understanding, it works the same as when you leave the Ass Man to handle your friendlies, or when you put yourself on holiday.

And it simulates the match the same as it would AI vs AI - and they're not done on reputation/CA/whatever otherwise the top teams would never ever lose - with your Ass Man fulfilling the role of the AI manager for your team.

1 hour ago, bigmattb28 said:

I don't know how people get 20+ years in a save and don't use instant result.

I do it. I only play one save a year though (although this yeah I’ve had to do two due to my old laptop dying).

So for FM19 I had one save over 20 year and my current save is 19 years.

Instant result is handy in the rare times you lose a save and need to replay a few games. Then you can quickly catch back up by simming for roughly the same results. Otherwise it feels a bit cheap to be honest

On 26/09/2019 at 09:09, DiStru_ said:

But how is it possible that the game fully simulates the game instantly, if even on Commentary Only and the fastest speed it still takes a few minutes to finish the game? 

When you watch the game, everything has already been calculated, so you're just watching highlights. Every time a change is made, the game recalculates the end result./stats etc, and you're then watching the highlights of the revised game, and so on. 

You know the little delay after you continue when you've picked the team? The one where it says 'teams warming up'? They aren't. It's the game calculating the result of the match based on the input of you and the AI (with some RNG thrown in, I expect)

I wish the game had a speed that would just fly through matches instead. I recently played CM 01/02 again, just for the memories and on the Very Fast mode you can get through until halftime in about thirty seconds. Then you can adjust the speed at halftime. That is what I would like in FM. I don't want to have to SIM the whole game or get an instant result as I want to be able to make subs myself and change things around if we are losing or drawing. I never make subs or tactical changes anyway - IN THE FIRST HALF - unless there are injuries or sendings off, and with an ultra fast speed you can still do this, with instant result you can't. 

That is the one big thing I would like in FM as matches take too long and for about the last ten years, at least, of FM, I have never got past about eight seasons played. I want to be able to do a thirty or forty season career.

Edited by Ellis_D
Missed out words, in capitals - IN THE FIRST HALF

14 minutes ago, Ellis_D said:

I wish the game had a speed that would just fly through matches instead. I recently played CM 01/02 again, just for the memories and on the Very Fast mode you can get through until halftime in about thirty seconds. Then you can adjust the speed at halftime. That is what I would like in FM. I don't want to have to SIM the whole game or get an instant result as I want to be able to make subs myself and change things around if we are losing or drawing. I never make subs or tactical changes anyway unless there are injuries or sendings off, and with an ultra fast speed you can still do this, with instant result you can't. 

That is the one big thing I would like in FM as matches take too long and for about the last ten years, at least, of FM, I have never got past about eight seasons played. I want to be able to do a thirty or forty season career.

I would agree - pre-season can be rather tedious if you have an established team and tactic - even on fast commentary only, it takes too long.  When winning/losing heavily, it would be good to go into super-fast speed to get through it - particularly for me as I don't have much free time to play (I suspect any request to my boss to have Steam installed on my work PC would not be approved, although perhaps "working" from home more might be the way forward :lol:).

Is there any difference between instant result and the old fashioned "go on holiday" to skip a game? 

1 hour ago, Boycott said:

Is there any difference between instant result and the old fashioned "go on holiday" to skip a game? 

When you go on holiday that match doesn't actually count as a match managed in your managerial career. I assume it's because your assistant manager is actually the manager for the game. I would assume that as you are actually at the match, with instant result, it does.

I mainly use instant for League Cup/ games against small teams. CL knockouts and big games I manage myself. Since I manage Liverpool, League Cup is just useless silverware to improve status/ board security. Not that useful. Tiny matches are also easy/ not good use of time.

You can add the instant result without using some one else's skin 

You would need to know how to use the resource archiver though to take a file out and put it back in 

On 03/10/2019 at 14:58, Ellis_D said:

When you go on holiday that match doesn't actually count as a match managed in your managerial career. I assume it's because your assistant manager is actually the manager for the game. I would assume that as you are actually at the match, with instant result, it does.

One season I did in an older FM (might have been FM18) I holiday a lot of season as I wanted to move clubs at end of season and wasnt to interested in managing the club.

Well my team did well and my assistant manager won manager of the year haha