Matt's TTF Set

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1st match against Leverkusen, who are 1st in the league away. Started the game with the defensive tactic. They were on a 8 game winning streak national and international, match ended 1:1, here the stats:

Shots 11 8

On Target 2 6

Clear Cut Chances 3 5

Possession 47 % 53 %

Passes 74 % 69 %

I am already satisfied with the new set. And that result came up, although our best defender got sent off in the 41st minute by 0-0.

Will report back after some more matches, just thought I share this fantastic result as 10 men, hehe

My results so far with v2:

St Johnstone 1 - 2 Tottenham (friendly)

Motherwell 1 - 2 Tottenham (friendly)

Tottenham 2 - 1 Red Star (friendly)

Leyon orient 1 - 4 Tottenham (friendly)

Huddersfield 0 - 2 Tottenham (friendly)

Lazio 1 - 1 Tottenhame (friendly)

Everton 0 - 1 Tottenham (league)

Tottenham 0 - 0 Man City (league)

Bolton 1 - 0 Tottenham (league)

Tottenham 1 - 0 Fulham (League)

Tottenham 1 - 0 Timisoara (euro)

safe to say it's not the most prolific goalscoring tactic ive ever tried. i'll try your v3 for 10 games now.

Hi Matt (and all),

I am happy to give your tactics further testing.

Background information. I managed QPR to arrive 5th in Championship (thanks to V1 in first half of the season, and V2 [there were two versions if I am not wrong, I picked the last one] through the rest of the season) and I won the playoff so I found myself surprisingly into premier league with a standard championship side.

My FCd has been Darko Kovacevic (who scored 10 goals in 11 matches), or Jozy Altidore (without the free role and with lower creative freedom).

I noticed in the new tactic set you took away free role from FCd, so i decided to play Altidore, lowering the mentality a bit, also because Kovacevic is getting old and I think is not capable to play in Premiership any longer.

My FCa is Mauro Zarate.

First 13 games (with the worst team of the whole Premiership, and I have already faced arsenal, liverpool, tottenham, man utd and man city):

2W 3D 8L GS 18 GA 23 with V2 tactic

First game with v3 against west ham away I won 3-0. Looking promising.

I just have few questions:

1) Do I still have to make my left central midfielder man mark the opposition playmaker or i leave it as it is? Using V2 i found it very effective.

2) I am looking to sign a kind of big/strong striker to pair it with the speed of zarate. As mentioned before, Kovacevic was really impressive in championship in that role. Is the V3 FCd role still suited to a player like this?

Hi Matt (and all),

Background information. I managed QPR to arrive 5th in Championship (thanks to V1 in first half of the season, and V2 [there were two versions if I am not wrong, I picked the last one] through the rest of the season) and I won the playoff so I found myself surprisingly into premier league with a standard championship side.

My FCd has been Darko Kovacevic (who scored 10 goals in 11 matches), or Jozy Altidore (without the free role and with lower creative freedom).

I noticed in the new tactic set you took away free role from FCd, so i decided to play Altidore, lowering the mentality a bit, also because Kovacevic is getting old and I think is not capable to play in Premiership any longer.

My FCa is Mauro Zarate.

First 13 games (with the worst team of the whole Premiership, and I have already faced arsenal, liverpool, tottenham, man utd and man city):

Do I still have to make my left central midfielder man mark the opposition playmaker or i leave it as it is? Using V2 i found it very effective.

A good start, I am pretty sure that once it is gelled V3 will provide the best results.

No need to man mark the opposition play maker, as both central midfielders will man mark in any of the tactics except control. Free free to tackle hard and or show onto weaker foot for the midfield play maker though.

Could be, you have to give them time to gell, especially if players are still trying to blend into your squad. I had a slow start with a side predicted for relegation in the championship, then i went on a 10 game unbeaten run as my players became settled, now im 9th!

OK I've just finished my first season with Huddlesfield. It's hard to believe what has happened haha!

In league only..

Using V1 up until the 2nd Dec my record was.. Won 10 Draw 4 lost 3 For 31 Ag 21 Pos 2nd

Using V1 up until the 7th March my record was.. Won 4 Draw 5 lost 7 For 24 Ag 35 Pos 13th

Using V2 until the end of season my record was.. Won 5 Draw 2 lost 4 For 13 Ag 17 Pos 10th

I've heard about teams 'bottling it' but my transformation was ridiculous haha! Using the V2 my home form was brilliant, away form getting there.

With the V1, up until Dec 2nd I had the best away record in the league. I never won an away mtach for the entire season after this point.

Other info includes, points lost in the last 5 mins = 14. Quite shocked by this, but in some games it was well deserved. Also one other alarming issue, points gained after going 1-0 down, 7 all season, and only 1 win!

Hoping to get promoted next season though..

Hi Matt (and all),

My FCa is Mauro Zarate.

I just have few questions:

1) Do I still have to make my left central midfielder man mark the opposition playmaker or i leave it as it is? Using V2 i found it very effective.

2) I am looking to sign a kind of big/strong striker to pair it with the speed of zarate. As mentioned before, Kovacevic was really impressive in championship in that role. Is the V3 FCd role still suited to a player like this?

Matt do you reckon I should use V3 next season, now my players have had a year to blend?

Yes move over to V3 mate, test it out in friendly games. Arrange like 6 or 7 friendly games, with a few away games against sides from your division.

Also, if you have a young side expect to go on losing streak, and or dropping form because young players don't recover very well from defeat unlike experienced players.

I currently have a young but talented squad, i keep going on unbeaten runs, then get beat, then lose 3 on the trot then draw then start winning again. Thats youth for you.

Means you are starting to work on V3 again??

Why, its working fine for me???:confused:

Really? Well thats good.

Keep the feedback coming in on V3, i am tweaking at the moment that's all just searching for perfection, or as close as i can get to it.

So far so good the V.3 for me. I'm playing with Man City. results:

Basel Home W 3-1

West brom Home W 4-2

Basel Away W 3-2

Chelsea Away W 2-1

Stade rennais F.C Away W 4-1

Great results!!!!!

Thanks Mate!!!!!

I must say mattbuck, you have a really good tactic here. I am in my first season with Spurs, sold my deadwood and bought well and feel I should be challenging for the title. After 12 Games I am seconed in the League beating Manchester United away 2-1. Will post my squad and results a little bit later.

Just wanted to say thanks and if you need any help feel free to contact me.

Preseason update from Oxford

Home v AFC Wimbledown 4 - 1

Away v Basingstoke 2 - 0

Home v Burton 2 - 0

Away v Eastbourne Boro 2 - 0

Home v AFC Telford 3 - 1

Away v Salisbury 1 - 0

Away v Oxford City 2 - 0

Home v AFC HAyes 4 - 0

I have amended the tactic to have the defensive line deep as conference sides use long balls and will often catch you with the ball over the top if you are pushed up or even normal.

More to follow

Attacking tactic is working brilliant for my Sunderland squad from the start of the game. No new transfers in or out, just the initial squad. Took a few drummings in some games, although the other results I got made up for them, here are the list of results from pre-season to February:

Team: Sunderland

Season: 08/09

Tactic: Attacking v3 only

Squad: Default

Date: February 09

Position: 2nd :D

Won: 24

Lost: 6

Drew: 4

Friendlies

Slovan Liberic | Win | 1-0

Stirling | Win | 4-1

Dundee Utd | Draw | 1-1

Lincoln | Win | 1-0

Kilmarnock | Win | 4-2

Stockport | Win | 7-0

Premier League

Aston Villa | Win | 2-1

Bolton | Win | 3-1

Blackburn | Lost | 1-6 (ouch)

Liverpool | Win | 2-0

Everton | Lost | 1-2

Fulham | Win | 2-0

Chelsea | Lost | 0-2

Spurs | Win | 3-1

Man Utd | Lost | 0-3

Arsenal | Win | 3-1

Man City | Draw | 1-1

Middlesbrough | Draw | 1-1

Newcastle | Lost | 1-2

Hull | Draw | 0-0

Portsmouth | Win | 3-1

Stoke | Win | 3-1

West Ham | Win | 4-0

Wigan | Win | 3-2

West Brom | Win | 1-0

Aston Villa | Win | 3-2

Bolton | Win | 3-0

Blackburn | Win | 3-2

Liverpool | Win | 3-2

Everton | Win | 2-0

League / FA Cup

Luton | Win | 3-0

Plymouth | Draw | 1-1

Norwich | Win | 1-0

Newcastle | Win | 3-1

V3 Testing - Blackburn Rovers 2nd season

After poor start with my own tactic (lost 3-2 at home vs. Boro and drew 0-0 away vs. Newcastle), I thought it'll be a good idea to start testing this V3, as I was quite happy with the V2, even thou results there were rather ... rubbish.

1st game - V3 Standart - 0-0 vs Reading (just lack of luck for my strikers and Matt Derbyshire picked up a 2 month injury, leaving me with 10 men in the last 15 minutes)

2nd game - V3 Control - 5-0 vs Zurich (EURO Cup walkover ... Nothing special to notice, but almost 80 % of the possession was mine)

3rd game - V3 Attack - 3-0 vs Preston (total domination ! started out with the Standart as the game was away, but changed to attack after seeing that my players were doing nothing with the ball in the first half)

4th game - V3 Attack - 3-0 vs Shefield Wensdey (League Cup walkover ... apart of few long efforts, my team dominated)

5th game - V3 Attack - 2-1 vs Man Utd (0-1 at the half time, then I got praised by my captain Ryan Nelsen for the team speech in the interval, so the result could have come out not from the tactic. again, good spell of dominance thou. helps to have hard working midfielders)

I think only the Attack one is really suited for a team that's capable of achieving top 6 Premiership position. The others leave too much space for the opposition to do whatever they like. Shutting the Shop also works in the last minutes of the game when the AI tries to cheat on me with the mighty 4-2-4. Control works only vs. much weaker sides, but when it works - it kills.

Gonna make some more testing tommorrowz. Now it's bed time for me :p

hmm still not scoring many goals. strikers usually get poor ratings. bents got 2 goals in 10 games and pavlyuchenko has got 0 goals in 10 games. it's defensively very solid though. in all fairness i only played 6 games with v2 and just played my 4th with v3 so i haven't given enough time fo rmy players to adjust yet

haha bent had gone over 13 hours without a goal

seriously now this is becoming a joke. bent has only got 2 goals in 11 games and pavlyuchenko hasn't scored in 12 games. i work that out as pavlyuchenko hasn't scored in 1,080 minutes of football. at international level he's scored 4 goals in 3 games. pavlyuchenko hasn't scored for me ONCE this season. what am i doing wrong that my strikers cannot score this season? in 13 matches this season i've only scored over 1 goal in a game ONCE and that was in a 2-2 away draw vs timaroasa

my team is:

GK: Gomes

RB: Hutton

LB: Bale

CB: King

CB: Woodgate

RM: Bentley

LM: Modric

CMD: Lassana Diarra

CMA: Javi Marinez

FCD: Pavlyuchenko

FCA: Bent

what is so poor in that team that results in 0 goals? am i doing something wrong?

given it 9 games with v3 now and here are the results:

west brom 1 - 0 Tottenham

Tottenham 1 - 2 Aston Villa

Tottenham 1 - 0 Newcastle

Timisoara 2 - 2 Tottenham

West Hame 0 - 1 Tottenham

Tottenham 1 - 0 Stoke

Liverpool 0 - 0 Tottenham

Portsmouth 2 - 1 Tottenham

Tottenham 0 - 4 Arsenal

3 wins, 4 losses, 2 draws

a bit uninspiring tbh. im finding it immensely difficult to score with this set of tactics

my top goalscorer is ledley king...

Pavlyuchenko may have entered the record books by now playing 14 games without scoring a single goal

Bent cruising in with 2 goals in 13 matches

my midfield looks quite strong though :S it should be creating more than it is. my strikers have decent finishing (both 15) but they miss every chance they get. i've seen them miss countless one on ones and more than their fair share of open goals.

using v2, and the standard and defensive tactics give far too much room for the other team to dictate the game, ive lost heavily to some teams as their midfield just ran riot

Yep, easily solved, they are playing a play maker, but you are letting him play. Re-read the first post on how to stop a play maker.

given it 9 games with v3 now and here are the results:

west brom 1 - 0 Tottenham

Tottenham 1 - 2 Aston Villa

Tottenham 1 - 0 Newcastle

Timisoara 2 - 2 Tottenham

West Hame 0 - 1 Tottenham

Tottenham 1 - 0 Stoke

Liverpool 0 - 0 Tottenham

Portsmouth 2 - 1 Tottenham

Tottenham 0 - 4 Arsenal

3 wins, 4 losses, 2 draws

a bit uninspiring tbh. im finding it immensely difficult to score with this set of tactics

my top goalscorer is ledley king...

Pavlyuchenko may have entered the record books by now playing 14 games without scoring a single goal

Bent cruising in with 2 goals in 13 matches

my midfield looks quite strong though :S it should be creating more than it is. my strikers have decent finishing (both 15) but they miss every chance they get. i've seen them miss countless one on ones and more than their fair share of open goals.

Your using Tottenham, the side takes a year to Gell according to WWF, the first year will be a struggle with spurs because of their extremely unsettled squad.

Yep, easily solved, they are playing a play maker, but you are letting him play. Re-read the first post on how to stop a play maker.

Your using Tottenham, the side takes a year to Gell according to WWF, the first year will be a struggle with spurs because of their extremely unsettled squad.

ah ******** it. thought that might be the problem when i was looking at bonds team report. i said i'd get euro qualification as well lol

gonna be a long season

Quick update of my QPR premiership adventure:

after the promising away win against West Ham 3-0 i just lost, and tied, and lost again. In the whole second part of the season I only managed to beat Hull at home 1-0 and West Ham again, at home 4-0 (West Ham's fan will surely love me).

Lady luck didn't leave me though, as I manage to end the season 17th, a point only over relegation!

I don't think V3 set is suited for a team like mine that doesn't have so much quality.

It can be just an impression, but with V2 it seemed like I could control more what was happening in midfield.

I have tried everything matt suggested, but there's nothing to do: I suffer 10/15 shots on goal every game (in those where I do not lose heavily)

Any advice?

Quick update of my QPR premiership adventure:

after the promising away win against West Ham 3-0 i just lost, and tied, and lost again. In the whole second part of the season I only managed to beat Hull at home 1-0 and West Ham again, at home 4-0 (West Ham's fan will surely love me).

Lady luck didn't leave me though, as I manage to end the season 17th, a point only over relegation!

I don't think V3 set is suited for a team like mine that doesn't have so much quality.

It can be just an impression, but with V2 it seemed like I could control more what was happening in midfield.

I have tried everything matt suggested, but there's nothing to do: I suffer 10/15 shots on goal every game (in those where I do not lose heavily)

Any advice?

Hmm maybe head back to using V2 set, as some sets will work better for some than others i guess.

G`day Matt, I have been using your v2 tactics and have now upgraded to v3. At first i could not believe it, leading 3-0 after 12 mins with Barrow in the BSP then after around 30 mins it is like all my guys give up and the opposition totally controls the game. The AI did not change tactics, most of my guys had 'playing with confidence, motivated and the final score finished 3-2 with my side getting away with 3 points which should have been 1 or 0.

The next 3 games follow very similar patterns, go up early in the half then for some reason i crumble. I have tried changing tactics eg defensive, standard etc depending on the situation but nothing seems to combat the 2nd half flop.

My team talks are set to the correct ones as i check after the game with my assistant and 3-4 players have morale boost, motivated etc so i am stumped what to do!!

Do you have any recommendations or any tweaks that i should do ?

Thanks.

:D:D

hey matt great news on the attack for V3

i manage Man Utd

VS Chelsea won 2:0

Vs Chelsea drew 3:3

Vs Man City won 2:1

Vs Barcelona won 4:1

Vs Liverpool won 6:0!!!!

amazing results

but for the Man City match and chelsea's away Uefa CL match i didnt feel i would be the fav so i used the "control" tactic and found myself losing 2:1(Chelsea) and 1:0(City) at half times and had to change back to the "Att" tactic

but the Barce match and Liverpool match just absolutely blitz my opponent I will play a few more matches and keep u updated :thup::D

G`day Matt, I have been using your v2 tactics and have now upgraded to v3. At first i could not believe it, leading 3-0 after 12 mins with Barrow in the BSP then after around 30 mins it is like all my guys give up and the opposition totally controls the game. The AI did not change tactics, most of my guys had 'playing with confidence, motivated and the final score finished 3-2 with my side getting away with 3 points which should have been 1 or 0.

The next 3 games follow very similar patterns, go up early in the half then for some reason i crumble. I have tried changing tactics eg defensive, standard etc depending on the situation but nothing seems to combat the 2nd half flop.

My team talks are set to the correct ones as i check after the game with my assistant and 3-4 players have morale boost, motivated etc so i am stumped what to do!!

Do you have any recommendations or any tweaks that i should do ?

Thanks.

I mentioned in one of my ealier posts that I drop the defensive line deep in the BSP as the long ball gets used a lot, so it may be worth trying that.

One additional thing - are you tight marking their playmaker in the middle. It may be worth going in hard on him if he is dictating things too much.

V3 BETA is awsome, i have been following your guidlines of which tactic to use and its working well..... i was struggling in the early part of the season with Man City besides spending 60million on arshavin, zirkov, riquelme +some other upcoming players. i downloaded this tactic last night and i have played 10 league matches so far and not lost any yet.

I am not sure wether this is a good thing or a bad thing but...

I was away to Chelsea and i was huge underdogs, so i started the game with "shut up shop" I went 2-0 up by half time. and ended up winning 3-2. I have now won my last 6 league games and i am sitting 8th 4 pts off 4th with 15games played.

I will post my reults later when i get home from work.....

this is a fantastic tactic, My only flaw is the Control tactic, it doesnt score much for me, any ideas? I havent sold any players and have purchased the 3 big names above.

Cheers

conners

Archived