Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
RoversRob

Just been offered £150m for my best defender - unsure whether to sell.

So, PSG just offered me £150m for my best CB Ramon Penuela (see screenshot).

Purchased him originally for 500k, had him out on loan in Germany for a few seasons and he has played 1 and a half full seasons for me so far.

I'm currently challenging for all cups, so not sure I want to let him go.

My backup (Saraiva, see screenshot) is quite good - although my 4th choice CB is Darragh Lenihan who has been with me since the championship, so any injuries and I will be quite short on options.

Don't really need the money that much - have a young squad and some more talent almost coming through, so dont need to spend in the transfer market. Club balance is currently 170 million.

If I were to sign a ready made replacement though, then they would be asking for 200k per week. My guy here is only on 21k per week for another 2.5  years, and I have an option to extend his contract by 3 more years, so thats a big factor.

If I dont let him leave, he will become unhappy.

What would you guys do?

penuela.png

Saraiva.png

I'd be tempted to sell, as for a world class defender he's a bit short, but that does depend on having a realistic replacement lined up.

Salary for the replacement shouldn't really be a major factor - £200k a week is £10m a year, and you're getting £150m. Plus I can't see Perela not demanding to renegotiate his contract soon anyway.

1 hour ago, RoversRob said:

So, PSG just offered me £150m for my best CB Ramon Penuela (see screenshot).

Purchased him originally for 500k, had him out on loan in Germany for a few seasons and he has played 1 and a half full seasons for me so far.

I'm currently challenging for all cups, so not sure I want to let him go.

My backup (Saraiva, see screenshot) is quite good - although my 4th choice CB is Darragh Lenihan who has been with me since the championship, so any injuries and I will be quite short on options.

Don't really need the money that much - have a young squad and some more talent almost coming through, so dont need to spend in the transfer market. Club balance is currently 170 million.

If I were to sign a ready made replacement though, then they would be asking for 200k per week. My guy here is only on 21k per week for another 2.5  years, and I have an option to extend his contract by 3 more years, so thats a big factor.

If I dont let him leave, he will become unhappy.

What would you guys do?

penuela.png

Saraiva.png

i'd actually prefer saraiva over him because hes better in the air. usually what i do is ill look for someone as good as him to replace him for less than the money you will get.

I sold. Makes me feel a little empty inside, even if it was a record transfer :D For the good of the club though I suppose!

transfer record.png

Selling was a good call. For me his jumping reach being 10 will prevent him from being a truly elite defender. With 150 million you can get two or three top class players in (or splurge on someone). I would almost never reject such a large offer. 

I'd of sold too for that much. You have more than enough to bring in a replacement and can use any money left over to improve other areas of the squad.

8 hours ago, Footix said:

Accept the offer and let the player decide? 

Hahaha, leave it to fate? Players usually choose to go. Specially to PSG, who always offers crazy wages.

The question is: do you need the money?

If you don't, then its better to try and keep your best players.

But I agree, the reserve should be just as good. 6`2``and 19 acceleration for a defender, thats impressive.

With mentals that good he should be in the right place most the time.

I just flogged my best RB on deadline day so I can appreciate the dilemma. Club in my division came in for him a couple of hours before the window closed so I asked for 4.5x his value + sell on % and they said yes :lol:

I literally had another RB ready to sign on a free lined up who was as good if not better, so no issues with replacement. He also had a major drawback like this guy (low det on my case) so banked the money and signed the replacement on 5x the wage, but the inflated transfer fee more than covers the difference.

In summary I think you made the right call, every player has their price and when it's silly money on offer take the money and run

Aye glad I sold, Saraiva has been a beast taking up the vacant role so far and I re-invested a very small amount into another youth 18 year old CB. Not a starter, but good enough to give games against easy opposition and still better back-up than my 4th choice. Should use the money to try and get mbappe from PSG now :D