Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
AbuAnas

Manager signing for another club mid season but joining at the end of the season

I want FM20 to give us the option of managers signing for another club mid-season but joining at the end of the current season,  like Julian Nagelsman did while at Hoffenheim to join RB Leipzig.

I have always wanted to try that out since I can't leave my current club except my resigning...I've also spoken to Miles and it seems the issue of manager contract extension wont be done anytime soon either, most times when I refused to sign a contract extension hoping to leave by the end of the season, I end up continuing without a contract, that needs to be fixed.

You can already delay til the end of the season when joining a new club. It's covered as part of the interview for the new role.

I'm not sure, but you may need to be within a certain period of the season ending, and it relies on the hiring club accepting that as a condition.

I did the same in my current save, left Dortmund for Leeds at the end of the 6th season but agreed the move around Christmas time (i think).

EDIT: Just looked it was Jan/Feb.

Edited by SortitoutsiVP

Just did this, and the club took away most of my responsibilities, e.g. transfers, contracts. Wasn't a problem. 

Frustratingly, I delayed the move to win the league with my existing club, but we actually sealed the deal less than a week after I accepted the new job, so in retrospect I could have moved a lot sooner and got on with the next chapter in my imaginary life.