Football Manager 2020 - Feature Announcement Blogs

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Finochio said:

Beta version is solely for Full Version?

Touch and Classic Version has Beta versions for download?

Touch has a beta version. There are people in the FMT section feeding back on the beta.

On 26/10/2019 at 00:57, Seb Wassell said:

Club Vision applies to AI and human alike.

I may have completely missed it, but do we get a club vision meeting in the first season when we take over? Is it flexible?

I'm hoping it is, as 'we wouldn't have signed you if we didn't have faith' rings hollow if they're stubborn about things! :P 

Club vision module is something I think has been needed for a while now, so I'm pretty excited to see how it works myself.

10 minutes ago, isignedupfornorealreason said:

I may have completely missed it, but do we get a club vision meeting in the first season when we take over? Is it flexible?

I'm hoping it is, as 'we wouldn't have signed you if we didn't have faith' rings hollow if they're stubborn about things! :P 

Club vision module is something I think has been needed for a while now, so I'm pretty excited to see how it works myself.

You can renegotiate it after first season as far as I know.

• SI Staff
20 minutes ago, isignedupfornorealreason said:

You get a Vision Meeting on the first day of a new save if starting at a club. Otherwise it is during the job interview or at the end of each season. Whilst the board will indeed negotiate, there are some things they will not shift on.

On 25/10/2019 at 22:48, majesticeternity said:

It still seems to be that way, to me.

Most of the features are offering something like "improved visuals and colour-coding " and "more useful information in a better layout" or " brings together all areas of the game related to development to make it easier ". A good majority of these things were already in the game, the new features boil down to just a better skin or more readily available info. With the community's amazing skins, it easily makes most of that irrelevant to alot of players.

New backroom staff that give more advice and recommendations are useless to those players who know that all the previously existing staff gives terrible advice.

The Club Vision seems cool, but can easily go stale with the limited options, or useless to those playing short-term saves...and was already in the game before, just not in 5-year-plan stipulations.

Better regen faces are good, but with downloaded regen face alternatives can be even better.

Many say these QoL features are great for long term...But will they matter when the other annoying, aggravating, immersion-killing issues still aren't fixed? Like AI squad building/tactics/finances/man management/manager appointments, the transfer market, staff advice, stadiums, tactical briefings, etc ,etc, etc.

But hoo boy, stop bashing FM, we've got better manager models!

Really, people should be overall disappointed with this year's features, when they are minor compared to the big issues.

Though, having a final opinion about FM20 isn't possible right now, because if they've got the match engine right, probably nothing else will matter!

I think somebody forgot the tiepin #gamechanger

On 26/10/2019 at 09:26, SebastianRO said:

Those screenshots haven't been taken from someplace on the internet. I booted up those games and took them myself. So yes, I can compare and you can compare as well because we have a pair of eyes.

" If you like it better then play that. And then don't buy FM 20. " This is not an argument or a counter argument to any statement. I already bought the game, as I am an FM enthusiast. However, me buying or not buying the game doesn't affect the pitch quality, is it now ? People have to stop with this mentality of " if you don't like it, don't buy it " because thats the exact opposite way to how progress and true growth are achieved.

I get nonsense comments like this myself all the time... "If you don't like that bit of the game, don't buy it." I want to buy it.

"If playing as Liverpool is unrealistically easy, don't play as Liverpool." I support Liverpool, so of course I want to play as them.

On 26/10/2019 at 10:11, MBarbaric said:

Sometimes I really think you are trolling on purpose. Why would they need to use low settings to upload the video? there are plenty of high quality videos from way more demanding games uploaded each second all over the internet.

Be careful not to confuse trolling with a genuine lack of intellect 🤤

On 26/10/2019 at 14:36, Double0Seven said:

Well surely grass is at least somewhere there? If its not even top 100, would you mind having grass colored purple for that matter? Immersion is part of the game and if my grass looks like a pool table combined with the already mediocre graphics it just doesnt help. Its surely somewhere in the top 100 for me behind all the gameplay features. 

Whoa, don't suggest any more purple!

On 26/10/2019 at 16:26, SebastianRO said:

Those screenshots haven't been taken from someplace on the internet. I booted up those games and took them myself. So yes, I can compare and you can compare as well because we have a pair of eyes.

" If you like it better then play that. And then don't buy FM 20. " This is not an argument or a counter argument to any statement. I already bought the game, as I am an FM enthusiast. However, me buying or not buying the game doesn't affect the pitch quality, is it now ? People have to stop with this mentality of " if you don't like it, don't buy it " because thats the exact opposite way to how progress and true growth are achieved.

This line pops up here very often. From FM die hards and even some of the mods. Very defensive and unhealthy. 

1 minute ago, L p said:

I recently started a career with man utd and the results are just too unrealistic, played 17 won 16 drew one scored 40 and conceded 6 anyone else having this ? Doesn't even want to make me play it ?? 

You have already posted a thread about this. Other users will respond there if/when they have anything to add.

20 hours ago, theballstopshere said:

This line pops up here very often. From FM die hards and even some of the mods. Very defensive and unhealthy. 

Why?  It's sound advice to a particular minority of complainers.  There seems to be a desperation from some to enjoy the experience no matter what, which just causes more distress to them in the long run.  There are issues in the game.  There will always be issues in the game.  Some of those issues are fixable, and are absolutely worth banging the drum about in the hope they get fixed.  Others are subjective to each individual user, and some of those are never going to be "fixed" because they're not really issues.  They're perhaps features a particular user doesn't like, or an aspect of the ME they disagree with.  If something in the latter is bothering you, then I'd say not buying the game is perfectly sound advice to give.  The alternative is spending 30 quid on something you've already decided is flawed.  You have the tools (or will do soon) to make a choice on whether you'll enjoy the game without putting any money down.  Still buying it even if you have an inkling you won't has to be one of the dumbest aspects of modern gaming.