Sports Interactive Community
Neil Brock

Football Manager 2020 - Feature Announcement Blogs

16 минут назад, saihtam сказал:

Uhh I am hairy guy but, damn I did not have full beard when I was 16.... This is one thing I dont understand how SI cant implement - some-what changing faces to regens when they reach certain ages.

image.png.589c886d5b6592dfffac0c71fec2ef0e.png

He looks like Marcus from Become Human

image.png.73d3909be364966b0fab8cf035bfc88a.png

One more that I noticed. But one streamer mentioned regens face should get better, but not getting any mayor changes hope up.

5 hours ago, Svenc said:

Depth

I'd say thats a tactics problem but you bring up a very good point.

1 hour ago, janrzm said:

I totally agree with the subtle changes to regen faces with ageing though.

I seem to remember this happened on FM15. 

On 22/10/2019 at 04:55, Svenc said:

So if the suggested "expected scoreline" would massively differ from the actual scoreline too often (which would be subjective to boot), then that may be reported as a bug… which it needn't necessarily be. 

totally agree, i for one rather have something simpler which i expect will happen, but xGa its a can of worms, plus there is no one methodology. SI would need to construct their own version within the match engine of the game, and thats probably another million calculations under the hood per game.

Disappointed at the lack of tactical innovations presented in the gameplay video... the components of Chris Wilder's overlapping centre backs strategy don't look like they've made the cut, and it doesn't look like there are any new tactical roles built into the game.

23 minutes ago, ChristmasTree83 said:

Disappointed at the lack of tactical innovations presented in the gameplay video... the components of Chris Wilder's overlapping centre backs strategy don't look like they've made the cut, and it doesn't look like there are any new tactical roles built into the game.

Let me swap that right around. What tactical roles do you think should be included but aren't? I know of only 1 team who uses overlapping centre backs. To be perfectly honest, there's a couple of fairly obscure tactical roles already in the game; I don't see the point in including any more just for the sake of it...

10 hours ago, Johnny Ace said:

ME looks great 

Great??Keep scoring long shots is great?Where is build up play?Where are through balls?Where are the dribbles?...That was the main reason that made me stop playing FM19

57 minutes ago, ChristmasTree83 said:

32 minutes ago, Mons said:

Let me swap that right around. What tactical roles do you think should be included but aren't? I know of only 1 team who uses overlapping centre backs. To be perfectly honest, there's a couple of fairly obscure tactical roles already in the game; I don't see the point in including any more just for the sake of it...

And if you have any, please report them in the suggestions sub forum! A lot of things get picked up from there and implemented into the game.

In general I don't see how people can complain. The new features look very good in my opinion - nothing earth shattering, yes some of it you could already do and it's just QOL improvements, but FM has always been a game about detail and the Culture and Development stuff in particular is more progress in adding depth, context, and fleshing out aspects of the game and follow on from the evolution of the Training and Tactics aspects last year.

I guess for some FM'ers additional detail and complexity isn't welcome, but I'm all for added realism. Anything that 'slows down' and makes the player think a bit more and do things more logically and carefully is a good thing in my eyes. 

If I had one wish granted in a perfect world then I would like to have seen more on the tactical aspect of the game and the ME and further improvements here. The lack of song and dance about it makes me assume there has only been subtle tweaks this year. Polishing some of the existing stuff would be progress, and I appreciate that it's almost certainly the hardest part of the game to get right and it's a continual build, but there is still so much to strive towards.

14 minutes ago, Alekos said:

Great??Keep scoring long shots is great?Where is build up play?Where are through balls?Where are the dribbles?...That was the main reason that made me stop playing FM19

I think he was showing a compilation of goals of the week/month, which tend to be awarded to long distance efforts. Hopefully 'regular' goals will be scored in a lot of different ways. I agree this was a big issue with FM19.

20 minutes ago, Alekos said:

That's a goal of the month compilation, you know, the top goals from 50 matches?

22 minutes ago, Alekos said:

I agree with the lack of through balls. This was a major issue in FM19 for me ... however: I have seen a lot of incisive plays and dribbles in the videos released so far in FM20. Build up play looks a little bit better than in FM19. If you guys have seen the first goal Inter just scored against Borussia Dormund tonight, you know what I mean. That long ball over the defence was something I haven't seen since FM18 in all honesty.

I see improvements here and there from the limited footage, add to that we know the version we are seeing is dated, for me it's too early to be critical. I expect it to be a continuous WIP, so long as it moves forward I'll be content.

One thing I'd love to see addressed is that "skating" movement of players.

In all the game plays i saw that the Wingers are not come down and mark the opponent LB/RB and they just stay up 

I hope SI have noticed that 

LIKE THIS 

ללא שם.jpg

Edited by GOODNAME

3 minutes ago, GOODNAME said:

In all the game plays i saw that the Wingers are not come down and mark the opponent LB/RB and they just stay up 

I hope SI have noticed that 

The wingers  could be on attack duty?

Just now, emil_sbn said:

The wingers  could be on attack duty?

Maybe.. but its just not like this in the modern football.. in the whole game all the wingers just stays up and the full backs are free and no one marking them.. its just too east 2vs1 against the full back

13 minutes ago, GOODNAME said:

Maybe.. but its just not like this in the modern football.. in the whole game all the wingers just stays up and the full backs are free and no one marking them.. its just too east 2vs1 against the full back

Depends on their line of engagement, and the fact that herrera is deep, the "counter attack" maybe implied with the 3 working forward. I agree it's a bit of a stretch but you gotta watch the full game. Liverpool connstantly do it for example and some teams allow their wide players to stay up simply to counter their full backs and be dangerous on counter. Pressing could be a factor, seems with herrera on ball looking back the options are tricky to pull as they're cutting the passing lanes or in move of doing it for the press. DM is caught out of position so the movement will heavily left it and the defence will move. The game itself when I watched it, psg played short passes so it'll be hard for them to switch with a long ball and be an instant threat at least theoretically/tactically that is. 

15 minutes ago, BigV said:

Depends on their line of engagement, and the fact that herrera is deep, the "counter attack" maybe implied with the 3 working forward. I agree it's a bit of a stretch but you gotta watch the full game. Liverpool connstantly do it for example and some teams allow their wide players to stay up simply to counter their full backs and be dangerous on counter. Pressing could be a factor, seems with herrera on ball looking back the options are tricky to pull as they're cutting the passing lanes or in move of doing it for the press. DM is caught out of position so the movement will heavily left it and the defence will move. The game itself when I watched it, psg played short passes so it'll be hard for them to switch with a long ball and be an instant threat at least theoretically/tactically that is. 

Sure i know it Alpha and i just post this because i think it will make the ME better.. i know SI have a great team and they always want to make the ME better

Question regarding the Player Pathway, great addition IMO. I've seen screen shots of the options to stage playing time from season to season. What appears to be missing in the pathway (I may be wrong) is an option to agree a loan out. I raised this previously in the feature request threads. For example, clubs like RB Leipzig are signing young talent and it's pretty clear at the time of signing those individuals know they will be going out on loan to FC Liefering and possibly even RB Salzberg as part of their development. Has anyone seen this in the game?

Edited by janrzm

4 minutes ago, janrzm said:

Question regarding the Player Pathway, great addition IMO. I've seen screen shots of the options to stage playing time from season to season. What appears to be missing in the pathway (I may be wrong) is an option to agree a loan out. I raised this previously in the feature request threads. For example, clubs like RB Leipzig are signing young talent and it's pretty clear at the time of signing those individuals know they will be going out on loan to FC Liefering and possibly even RB Salzberg as part of their development. Has anyone seen this in the game?

Someone said it not to long ago and miles said it too. Loans for players in youth will now be able to go local (if you let them) but im guessing stars or highly rated ones will be useful to go to other clubs. I think someone said it in a thread that English players would tend to go germany as they do now. Not too sure for long term ones though as you stated. 

2 minutes ago, BigV said:

Someone said it not to long ago and miles said it too. Loans for players in youth will now be able to go local (if you let them) but im guessing stars or highly rated ones will be useful to go to other clubs. I think someone said it in a thread that English players would tend to go germany as they do now. Not too sure for long term ones though as you stated. 

Thanks for the reply.

It'd certainly be good to see talented young English players being tempted away to the Bundesliga as we've seen that trend develop over the last few years. Hopefully we'll also see the addition of an "agreed loan at the time of signing" option for clubs like RBL and Ajax that have very clear development pathways. In my previous saves I've struggled to get Hot Prospects from either of those two clubs to follow the "real" development model those clubs engage. 

I hope Club Vision isn't always for 5 years. I doubt every club set a 5-year plan.
Smaller clubs might focus on the upcoming year and (let's say) next year, as they don't have the possibility nor capability of having a steady, consistent playerbase.
If a club have those issues, like an amateur or semi-pro team, it'll be quite unreasonable to have a 5-year plan.
Unreasonable boards do exist though, being overambitious and totally clueless of how to run a football team.
Whilst others are more reasonable and considers the stature and quality when demanding things.

A 5-year club vision is great. I just hope it's something that's not chiseled in stone. A varied and dynamic club vision is what i'm hoping for.

2 hours ago, janrzm said:

If you look closely during one of the videos, there's a promise relating to development loans...

36 minutes ago, roykela said:

I hope Club Vision isn't always for 5 years. I doubt every club set a 5-year plan.
Smaller clubs might focus on the upcoming year and (let's say) next year, as they don't have the possibility nor capability of having a steady, consistent playerbase.
If a club have those issues, like an amateur or semi-pro team, it'll be quite unreasonable to have a 5-year plan.
Unreasonable boards do exist though, being overambitious and totally clueless of how to run a football team.
Whilst others are more reasonable and considers the stature and quality when demanding things.

A 5-year club vision is great. I just hope it's something that's not chiseled in stone. A varied and dynamic club vision is what i'm hoping for.

Definitely, it would be crazy to implement a new feature to make long term saves more playable and at the same time make that feature generic and defeat the object. We'll soon see. 

Edited by janrzm

1 minute ago, Seb Wassell said:

If you look closely during one of the videos, there's a promise relating to development loans...

Makes a coffee and starts trawling the vids again......:lol:

34 minutes ago, roykela said:

One of the videos demonstrates the dynamic nature of the Club Vision from club to club quite well. One would hope this may also be dynamic over time... ;)

9 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

I seem to remember this happened on FM15. 

You'd be right in thinking that, they did change on 15, not sure if they stopped after that

25 minutes ago, bigmattb28 said:

You'd be right in thinking that, they did change on 15, not sure if they stopped after that

Another re-invented feature 

8 hours ago, SebastianRO said:

agree with the lack of through balls

No only through balls, but when we finally see such a role like classic "10"??? I mean of course in match, not a simple tactics option.

5 hours ago, janrzm said:

Makes a coffee and starts trawling the vids again......:lol:

Hmmm which one could it be....

1492471671_Bildschirmfoto2019-10-23um18_24_33.thumb.png.259871fda16c47226b0ab3311f7aa244.png

I may be wrong, but I have the impression that -- as you can see in the example -- the players' suitability for different positions seems more balanced overall. I have seen several times that the suitability rather gradually decreases (green, yellow, orange) and no longer stops abruptly. So a winger does not completely lose his suitability if he is moved just one position backwards.  

Edited by leviathan1904

13 minutes ago, leviathan1904 said:

1492471671_Bildschirmfoto2019-10-23um18_24_33.thumb.png.259871fda16c47226b0ab3311f7aa244.png

I may be wrong, but I have the impression that -- as you can see in the example -- the players' suitability for different positions seems more balanced overall. I have seen several times that the suitability rather gradually decreases (green, yellow, orange) and no longer stops abruptly. So a winger does not completely lose his suitability if he is moved just one position backwards.  

Good as never made any sense how a player can play as a winger in an AM position but not on the left/right side of midfield.

I'll also add that Sako's starting attributes look very OP imo and I'm an Arsenal fan. Be interesting to see what the rest of our youngsters are starting with...

3 minutes ago, SortitoutsiVP said:

Good as never made any sense how a player can play as a winger in an AM position but not on the left/right side of midfield.

I'll also add that Sako's starting attributes look very OP imo and I'm an Arsenal fan. Be interesting to see what the rest of our youngsters are starting with...

Always annoyed me that, oh you can play attacking midfield but not central midfield? Ahh I see you're a natural right back, but you literally can't play right wing back? Makes no sense.

vor 16 Minuten schrieb bigmattb28:

Always annoyed me that, oh you can play attacking midfield but not central midfield? Ahh I see you're a natural right back, but you literally can't play right wing back? Makes no sense.

Totally agree and therefore I am (or would be) really happy with this tweak. 

57 минут назад, SortitoutsiVP сказал:

imho almost all Arsenal players were OP in last few FM, especially Ozil, Koscielny, Iwobi. It was weird to see Arsenal in 6th place two years, but in FM they won EPL and ChL in first season. I just want to check David Luiz in FM20 and compare him with FM19 version :rolleyes:

Edited by Novem9

I've watched the Twitch stream and several of the videos from various content creators and I like the look of the changes overall so far. As someone who like to play longer term saves these changes are really going to suit me.

2 минуты назад, Misterjokerboy сказал:

I've watched the Twitch stream and several of the videos from various content creators and I like the look of the changes overall so far. As someone who like to play longer term saves these changes are really going to suit me.

What do you think about newgens? I still wait for FM where I can play 30 seasons by journeyman

En 22/10/2019 a las 20:32, saltoalex dijo:

Does someone know in which minute this game happens? Thanks.

Please someone!

15 minutes ago, Novem9 said:

imho almost all Arsenal players were OP in last few FM, especially Ozil, Koscielny, Iwobi. It was weird to see Arsenal in 6th place two years, but in FM they won EPL and ChL in first season. I just want to check David Luiz in FM20 and compare him with FM19 version :rolleyes:

If you had a save where Arsenal won the Champions League in the first season you were definitely playing an edited database... :brock:

In any save where I've not managed Arsenal, they haven't done that well, normally finishing 4th and maybe getting to Europa League final, and I have to say in no way is Ozil OP, he has good attributes, but he performs like Ozil in as much as he might have 2 good games a season, but for the rest he is mostly a waste of a player. However, Iwobi tends to out perform his real life level, and Koscielny is OP in the sense that he can play far too many games.

As for Luiz, he'll have been done by the Chelsea researcher. 

Edited by gunner86

1 минуту назад, gunner86 сказал:

If you had a save where Arsenal won the Champions League in the first season you were definitely playing an edited database... :brock:

Wrong. I used default DB and Arsenal was unstoppable in FM17 and FM18

2 minutes ago, Novem9 said:

Wrong. I used default DB and Arsenal was unstoppable in FM17 and FM18

In FM18, Arsenal would have spent the first season in the Europa League

12 minutes ago, Novem9 said:

What do you think about newgens? I still wait for FM where I can play 30 seasons by journeyman

Interesting changes to how the youth intakes work this year, more realistic but might make things a little tougher as a smaller team. I personally haven't had any issues with super long saves like you mention, although they tend to be with the same team rather than playing as a journeyman

1 минуту назад, gunner86 сказал:

In FM18, Arsenal would have spent the first season in the Europa League

And won EPL. ChL in first season was in FM17 and this is clear. Exactly in reason to avoid this kind of dialogue I didn't raise any issues and just started to change them manually for me only

12 минут назад, Misterjokerboy сказал:

Interesting changes to how the youth intakes work this year, more realistic but might make things a little tougher as a smaller team. I personally haven't had any issues with super long saves like you mention, although they tend to be with the same team rather than playing as a journeyman

I noticed that in long saves my filters found smaller count of players in compare of first season. After investigation I made a conclusion that reason in random skills of newgens. My favourite example is BWM with vision 17 (or 19 I forgot already), but low necessary skills. And it is very noticeable when you move from club for another every few seasons and need to complete new club for own vision

upd - this guy from FM19 :)

443611660_Image6.png.3abcbb55cf12622b5f8

Edited by Novem9

4 minutes ago, Novem9 said:

And won EPL. ChL in first season was in FM17 and this is clear. Exactly in reason to avoid this kind of dialogue I didn't raise any issues and just started to change them manually for me only

And in FM 17, they were coming off the back of a second placed finish.

To be honest, I do see your point, not so much on 19, but certainly on the few previous versions, Arsenal, and I say this as a fan, did perform better than they did in real life.

That being said, is that because they over-performed in game, or under-performed in reality? This is a very subjective thing, for me personally, I'd say e have, and continue to under-perform to a degree, but mostly because we haven't had any real tactical clarity for a few years.

The other thing is, in game, the AI will go and sign players that actually make us better, and the system that Wenger was attempting to play was a lot more workable in game than in real life. In comparison, Man City have tended to underperfom in FM, mostly because either the ME doesn't reproduce their system very well, or the AI Guardiola can't set it up properly in the Tactical Creator. But if you actually look at the attributes of the players in direct comparison, the City players do come off better.

If I was to say there was one place that Arsenal players are generally over rated it's probably in their mentals, but to just say that Arsenal generally are overrated is a disservice to the researchers and the team at SI, all of whom would gain nothing from overpowering a team. I would also argue that Man United have over-performed in game, and Tottenham to an extent. Whereas the likes of Chelsea, Man City, and Liverpool (again, not in 19 - they were a steamroller in 19) have under-performed.

Essentially, there have been some "issues" - and I put that in quotes because ultimately, the minute you press continue, the game enters a fictional world - with how a lot of teams perform in comparison to real life, but that comes down to a much wider set of things than just the Arsenal researcher bumping up his favourite players in the DB.

So, one on ones still not fixed. :mad: *swoosh*

https://youtu.be/anc--RMENB4?t=151

In all honesty, given the demand, I'd Long have set up in-game drills in some form to test them specifically Prior to every release. :) As of the above, I'm predicting a combined xG of About ~0.7-0.9 to Show up on 11tegen11's Analysis today.

Edited by Svenc

9 hours ago, roykela said:

I am worried about this at smaller clubs. I only ever looked at the upcoming year as a small club. Like you say the turn around time for players you never know what’s going to happen.  

I also hope it’s not a case of you didn’t achieve you set goal, you end up getting the sack, sometimes you get on a good cup run, or at bigger clubs dropping into the europa league may give you a better chance of winning something in Europe. I like the new features I just hope there implemented properly. 

13 hours ago, Mons said:

A blank striker with no set instructions, like the central midfielder. It's been suggested for years.