Football Manager 2020 - Feature Announcement Blogs

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been asking why they took the Auto-Hide feature out of the game since FM17 but didn't get a answer . Now we are stuck with a big title bar on match day instead of a full screen . I didn't buy a 26 inch screen just to be taken up by a 1 inch title bar surely it could be introduced as a new feature for a better match day experience . Disappointed again 

Edited by prot651

frankly the match engine looks very improved. there's 1 -2s and the fullbacks waiting and hammering it against player for corner seems to have gone.

most complaining are the ones on 3D. 3D animations are rubbish and long long way to go to be year 2019 standard. but in 2D, the football looks really really good.

hopefully the AI when it comes to squad building and tactics have also improved. quietly excited!

Stadium corners again are missing . Have they really done anything at all . Pitch is too dark .. picnic tables still ? I don't know how loud we have to complain to be listened too . Always find it strange that these videos are not paid for yet they are invited to Si to have a look and there is never any critisism at all . I do like the 5 year plan but dont see much change from 2019 to warrant my money

8 minutes ago, kandersson said:

Thanks for posting these videos. Strange way to share info about FM 20 though. Believe it or not there are people who know nothing about FM youtubers or 'creators' or how to find them.

It's how things are done these days, it seems. 2k has done something similar with NBA and EA with Madden, I think. I just accept it as I'm older and out of the loop with how things work. :D

3 minutes ago, upthetoon said:

frankly the match engine looks very improved

Agree.

3 minutes ago, upthetoon said:

3D animations are rubbish

Strongly disagree. Eye of the beholder and all that, but the 3D looks much improved and does pretty much what I want it to do. Interesting that in one of the PSG clips Mbappe plays exactly the way you'd expect him to play. Dribbling is miles better than FM19, animations are much more fluid. Can't wait to play!

5 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

It's how things are done these days, it seems. 2k has done something similar with NBA and EA with Madden, I think. I just accept it as I'm older and out of the loop with how things work. :D

It's ok, I would just like to have links on official FM media so I can be aware of them! Also, they're all so british :D

Looking from those videos it's got me excited again, few bits and bobs that aren't shown/missed were covered in the vids like the analysis tab. Looks alot sleeker and much more cleaner filling the page up with relevant tags. The training seems to have been specific- so crossing/heading can now be implemented rather than having to use general training to improve it. Also their maybe new ones too, I saw defensive pressure from the front or something like that at a glace and seems like it's going more in depth and tactical. 

The expectations for playing time was a worry with the news added IMO but seeing that players expect or want to be part of the squad (so +1 to their contract playing time) is kinda effective. I just hope they wont start moaning for new contracts if you have to overplay them because of injuries or the depth isn't too big. 

Youth develop seems alot more useful than first thought, newgens and HOYD bringing them with information given now is something useful. I like alot of this background working features, that with a good ME (looks that way) might be worthy to sack off my last year in uni to play full time come novemeber :lol:

Those 2 video's show off the game in a far better light than that awful Twitch Stream with Miles the other night. Might want to re-think that one.

But it looking really promising, pumped for it now!

Edited by Mr U Rosler
57 minutes ago, kandersson said:

Thanks for posting these videos. Strange way to share info about FM 20 though. Believe it or not there are people who know nothing about FM youtubers or 'creators' or how to find them.

Me either, I just follow Lollujo & saw he was premiering a vid at 10:00 am

Easy way to find them is, go into Youtube, search FM20 & filter the last hour or today 

Pretty fluid to watch. However, from another point of view: What's up with the "yo, everybody go Forward" Kind of tactics/Play" so that we have 1) a gaping hole between the CBs and the rest of the Team 2) don't add much depth to the pitch we can play in" in the Fulham guy's Video though (AI included)... (and the lack of that being epxloited much).

Granted, that's just highlihghts. That's successful Play by Definition. But considering the Little space the defending side oft has to cover in those Highlights due to some of the above, it seems somtimes a tad concerning how "easy" the attacking side then has to still Tiki-Taka their way into the box. Central Play was a Major Point of criticism as to FM19, naturally. But at least a Little "tought" (or rather common sense) is hopefully required to make it consistently work in FM20 still. Space hopefully won't just open up all by itself -- which would be also a concern for somebody shutting up shop. :D 

Edited by Svenc
28 minutes ago, Mr U Rosler said:

Those 2 video's show off the game in a far better light than that awful Twitch Stream with Miles the other night. Might want to re-think that one.

But it looking really promising, pumped for it now!

Totally, I'm trying to dig out the gameplay videos where they haven't set the match to Key highlights, sped the match up & gone on about new features we already know 

Saying that, this one's quite indepth with the new things, being able to focus on more on attributes in individual training is cool

Edited by Johnny Ace
27 minutes ago, Svenc said:

Pretty fluid to watch. However, from another point of view: What's up with the "yo, everybody go Forward" Kind of tactics/Play" so that we have 1) a gaping hole between the CBs and the rest of the Team 2) don't add much depth to the pitch we can play in" in the Fulham guy's Video though (AI included)... (and the lack of that being epxloited much).

Granted, that's just highlihghts. But considering the Little space the defending side oft has to cover in those highlights, it seems also concerning how "easy" the attacking side then has to still Tiki-Taka their way into the box.

If you mean from the 4.05 or whatever it stops at, the CB (fulham) does the playing out from back with a high defensive line so the BCB comes forward (like they do). 2) in what sense? you mean width? cause i'd say thats a tactics problem. 

I think it also depends how you set up, 4231/433- no5 isnt tracking the 21 cause he's sitting deep and covering the CM area rather than defensive side. (maybe a cdm could do that or a DM formation- its similar to realism too cause a 2 man pivot rarely attacks anymore and if they do they get caught if they aren't told to sit deep and protect). Fulham are on a counter too. Tika taka works but if they keep passing short then theres a good chance of an interception - pressing matters (AI not known yet) wigan seems to be on "positive/attacking" at this point so they'd get beat from counter hence the scorline afterwards. I just think we need to see different tactics/play around with them when we get it ourselves to test the defences of opposition. 

1 hour ago, Sheriff7 said:

Finally network reveal! As someone who plays a fair bit of network games with a mate, I am really excited by this. Constant crashes when our teams played due to problems like both pressing pause were extremely frustrating and led to having to pre-plan and announce pauses only to still run into occasional other problems.

35 minutes ago, BigV said:

). 2) in what sense? you mean width?

Depth. To actually stretch the Team in central Areas, so that space opens up in the first place. This is a really old Video from FM2012 showing central Play. Both Busquets as well as Mascherano were encouraged to stay deeperish. Thus the area the defending Team has to cover becomes BIG as opposed to SMALL. Every time the ball moves back towards them, the defending Team is forced to push Forward and engage, in turn Opening up central space (in General, and in between their lines).

That said, in my opinion anything that leaves that huge gaps between CBs and the rest of the side as in some of the above Video should be Pretty consistently punished. It's happened to Germany at the World Cup as well, even though their gaps arguably weren't near as large. The CBs were stretched all across the pitch upon any interception, and the Opposition were able to walk into their box every however few times they won the ball back. :D 

https://www.theringer.com/soccer/2018/6/27/17511596/2018-world-cup-germany-south-korea-mexico-sweden-elimination

Edited by Svenc
3 minutes ago, aj6658 said:

In the stream I believe miles mentioned that he played FM19 on high and FM20 on very high. 

So are we saying that the game will run better in all machines 

Directly after he said that quote, he also said it doesn't mean that it will be like that on every machine.... but depends on the configuration you have and what your settings are/were

I may have spoken too soon I said I thought the stadiums were improved, but then I saw the PSG game, the same unrealistic stadium as last year what a dissapointment and whilst the crowd is slightly improved what is with all the empty seats especially in a french cup final.  The animations do look better, but I was right no players shadows under the lights

20 minutes ago, Tony Wright 747 said:

I may have spoken too soon I said I thought the stadiums were improved, but then I saw the PSG game, the same unrealistic stadium as last year what a dissapointment and whilst the crowd is slightly improved what is with all the empty seats especially in a french cup final.  The animations do look better, but I was right no players shadows under the lights

Remember that's just an alpha build, I'd imagine they will make tweaks to the crowd and also the player shadows before beta release. 

2 hours ago, HUNT3R said:

Alas, I think you're right. :( Comes to us all. 

Big thanks to guys who have posted links here to Twitter and YouTube from somebody who rarely does youtube and never will do twitter. 

10 минут назад, Dagenham_Dave сказал:

I'd imagine they will make tweaks to the crowd and also the player shadows before beta release. 

It didn't change during years but will change in 3 weeks before release? 

10 minutes ago, Novem9 said:

It didn't change during years but will change in 3 weeks before release? 

Player shadows can definitely still be done. I would imagine it's a bug and that SI is well aware of it.

1 minute ago, HUNT3R said:

Player shadows can definitely still be done. I would imagine it's a bug and that SI is well aware of it.

It is a bug and we are aware of it. Remember guys this is alpha footage :)

I dont use 3D but if i do, as long as it plays a nice game of football for me to watch, i could not care less about hot dog vans, stand size, corner stands, advertising and all that. 

a little off topic but reminds me of pes20 when it came out, gameplay absolutely brilliant but people actually complaining about the shirts not quite being skin tight enough. 

16 минут назад, HUNT3R сказал:

I'm talking more about random crowd in matches. Even no asking about cafe tables and stadiums

8 минут назад, prot651 сказал:

Its raining but the pitch looks dirty blotchy or Just looks like blotches on a green surface

possibly blotches not linked with rain, it just wear of grass during game?

6 hours ago, Johnny Ace said:

ME looks great 

If you guys look at the 2nd video from minute 13:42 you can see how many opportunities PSG's midfielders had to just try a killer ball for the forwards who were trying to beat the offside trap, but they just preffered to pass it to take the safe approach and walk the ball around. This is what killed FM19 for me after about 100 hours of gameplay. Yes, I know it will depend on tactics and instructions, but it also depends on player's quality to try and pull off an amazing killer through ball down the middle. In FM17 and before, players, especially high quality playmakers were constantly trying that, because it IS THEIR JOB to do something unexpected, something that would unlock defences. However, it FM19 it was completly and uttely gone. My concern is that in this regard, FM20's ME seems to be very timid as well.

My biggest complaint in FM19 was the lack of verticality and the overuse of "safe" passes down the flanks, which are utterly boring. FM20's ME seems to be much more polished at a first glance, but if it just had more "creativity" and "cojones" in the midfield play .... it would be AMAZING. Also, that's the kind of passes (through the middle) that a number 9 preffers, since he will try and beat the offside trap and play off the shoulder of the last defender. Please bring back the actual creativity of the players.

I would like to apologise if my removed post was seen as a personal attack on SI staff over unrealistic looking stadiums.  That was certainly not my intention and as I said I am pleased that SI are aware of the players shadows at floodlit games and are looking at it

29 minuti fa, SebastianRO ha scritto:

f you guys look at the 2nd video from minute 13:42 you can see how many opportunities PSG's midfielders had to just try a killer ball for the forwards who were trying to beat the offside trap,

but notice why they have so much time. look at those wingers. they stay miles from anyone leaving 2 CM's alone. it is basically 6v7 for the attacking team. Two strikers don't help either. 

1714749224_horribledefending.thumb.png.aef5e44634202d31e607a9f4b1a36d27.png

I understand that is PSG reserves, but unless those are U11, this is absolute horror. well at least in this example.

1 час назад, SebastianRO сказал:

If you guys look at the 2nd video from minute 13:42 you can see how many opportunities PSG's midfielders had to just try a killer ball for the forwards who were trying to beat the offside trap, but they just preffered to pass it to take the safe approach and walk the ball around. This is what killed FM19 for me after about 100 hours of gameplay. Yes, I know it will depend on tactics and instructions, but it also depends on player's quality to try and pull off an amazing killer through ball down the middle. In FM17 and before, players, especially high quality playmakers were constantly trying that, because it IS THEIR JOB to do something unexpected, something that would unlock defences. However, it FM19 it was completly and uttely gone. My concern is that in this regard, FM20's ME seems to be very timid as well.

My biggest complaint in FM19 was the lack of verticality and the overuse of "safe" passes down the flanks, which are utterly boring. FM20's ME seems to be much more polished at a first glance, but if it just had more "creativity" and "cojones" in the midfield play .... it would be AMAZING. Also, that's the kind of passes (through the middle) that a number 9 preffers, since he will try and beat the offside trap and play off the shoulder of the last defender. Please bring back the actual creativity of the players.

I don't like FM19 and played 2.2k hours in FM17 (absolute record in my Steam profile) but imo FM17 is outdated for real moment. Comparison with FM17 is not good idea because there are no better cases in FM17, it's worse opposite side of these cases. I mean we have list of issues for real moment which we even have no idea in FM17 and prev because it's a progress anyway. Progress with big issues unfortunately, but still. And FM17 has own issues and many. I find this gameplay (FM20 youtube) very similar with FM19 in moves and visual and it upsets, but frequent reference of FM17 is attempt to back in past imo

Edited by Novem9

Uhh I am hairy guy but, damn I did not have full beard when I was 16.... This is one thing I dont understand how SI cant implement - some-what changing faces to regens when they reach certain ages.

image.png.589c886d5b6592dfffac0c71fec2ef0e.png

Edited by saihtam
2 minutes ago, saihtam said:

Uhh I am hairy guy but, damn I did not have full beard when I was 16.... This is one thing I dont understand how SI cant implement. Some-what changing faces to regens when they certain ages.

image.png.589c886d5b6592dfffac0c71fec2ef0e.png

I think that bit of a beard is more than feasible tbf. I totally agree with the subtle changes to regen faces with ageing though.

BTW.....2-1 to the Owls on Saturday.....! :lol: