Football Manager 2020 - Feature Announcement Blogs

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive voiced my "concerns" so Im not gonna repeat myself. While I have hope, every year, that FM will take the next step its just not happening. I feel that every year its just tweaks more than anything substantially. They've revamped the training bit. Does it really change much in game though? Does it add much flair to the game? Anyway, this year Im gonna buy it from second hand cause I dont feel that they deserve my money. I think its healthy that there are different opinions and I dont understand why people think that critisizing the game means you're not a fan or too picky or whatever...

2 minutes ago, Minotti said:

Ive voiced my "concerns" so Im not gonna repeat myself. While I have hope, every year, that FM will take the next step its just not happening. I feel that every year its just tweaks more than anything substantially. They've revamped the training bit. Does it really change much in game though? Does it add much flair to the game? Anyway, this year Im gonna buy it from second hand cause I dont feel that they deserve my money. I think its healthy that there are different opinions and I dont understand why people think that critisizing the game means you're not a fan or too picky or whatever...

+1 The training system needed a step-up, but the implementation is very clunky. Speaking of clunky, the interface ... seems to be just like the one we had in FM19: blasting purple, more clicks to get to the info that you want. I will say that at a first glance, it looks more structured, but when you are actually getting into a save and you spend some time playing, you realise how unnecessary a lot of tabs are and it just takes to joy away. The thing that sold this game to me, many many years ago, was the simplicity at the surface and the complexity behind. Nowdays, I feel like the surface is getting less and less simple and the unseen part (match engine) seems to be an afterthought. Does it sell ? Yes ! Apparently FM19 had record sales, so that is a good thing, because the bigger the fanbase, the better. I only wish they don't completly lose sight of that is REALLY important (match engine), because if that part of the game is not optimized as best it can be .... then NOTHING else matters.Ā 

To be on-topic, the headline features are a mixed bag for me. I like the new Club Vision and Development Centre because they improve on an existing core element of the game and take it to the next level. However, Playing Time Pathway is nothing but an extra unnecessary step for the user to take and a solution to a problem that wasn't there before FM19. I quote " This should go some way to alleviating potential issues with keeping the squad happy. Now, you and your players know how much theyā€™ll play per season." This phrase is worrying me because while it may alleviate potential player unhappiness, it may be a problem in itself. Imagine you play a 4-3-3 and after a few seasons you decide to switch to a 4-4-2 diamond narrow or any system that doesn't use wingers. What about your playing time pathway for your wingers ? Imagine that riot .... Again, this feature is a reponse to a problem that wasn't present before FM19. There were always unhappy players in previous edition, but not to an unreasonable level. In FM19 however .... For me, creating a problem, then coming with half of a solution is not a headline feature,

Backroom staff improvements is for me one of those features that looks nice on paper, but involves more clicks, more reading, more space on the screen offering just about the same information you could have gathered yourself by knowing your players and using the tools already available (a.k.a tactical analyzer). When I played FM19, it only took a couple of hours to realise that for the first time, the screen looked smaller. I still had a massive monitor and the same laptop screen, but it's more and more text, more and more arrows and graphs, etc which take away the joy and fun out of this game. Why would I need a member of staff to tell me how my Danny Welbeck feels ? Why can't I analyze his performance in the recent games with 1 click of a mouse and watch him play ? I know I can just not use this "feature", but it's all about space: on and off the pitch. More and more emails, clicks and text when in reality, you can do all of that yourself ever since FM10. Whave has the sport scientist, data analyst or Director of Football brought to the game in recent years ? If anything, It would be nice to interact with physios of all people and manage injuries.

To be fair to SI, I know there is only so much space on the screen and new features / tweaks will always need a little bit of space. That being said though, FM will never be the simple, but highly complex game we all fell in love with years ago. It's more sad than I can express in words (for me at least), but personally I would turn a blind eye on this one if the Match Engine would only be at a higher level. Tbh, after FM19, any improvement in the ME will be much appreciated, no matter how small. I am looking forward to see a video of the game, especially looking at striker's movement off the ball and spaces on the flanks.

Before I get attacked, I will say that I already pre-ordered the game on Steam, simply because for me, this is the only game I buy and the price itself doesn't feel expensive to me.Ā  If you are asking why have I bought it, well .... I was very dissapointed of FM16's ME, but then FM17 was amazing and FM18 was very good as well. So, I am using the logic " it can't be any worse than FM19 even if they tried :)"

Il 19/9/2019 in 18:50 , Amarante ha scritto:

A stadium editor leads to all sort of trouble with liceseing and all that. ALSO IT'S A MANAGER GAME why you feel the need to change stadium? Its a minor feature where only a minority of users want or will ever use. same for the database editor it's hardly use by majority of the fan base.

Ā 

Il 19/9/2019 in 19:00 , Amarante ha scritto:

editing their club kits or logo is a simple xml file replacement not an entire 3D creator there's a big difference. The league and database editor is a tool used by everyone from si to players. Only players at this moment want aĀ  stadium creator its catering for a niche of an already niche franchise where we have far more things to look at and improve on.Ā 

Almost a month late, but I feel the need to answer toĀ this topic.

Stadium editor could be a major feature, if implemented in a decent way.
I mean, the database is likely to include info about what stadiums look like. Are they Olympic-style or just 4 stands around the pitch? Is it all covered or are there stands without any coverage?

And then, as effects in-game (and I mean apart from the graphic appearance), where will the public be? Will they prefer a cheaper stand even when it rains, or will they sit in the covered VIP-stand? Different prices could be set between different stands.
When renewing or building a new stadium, the management could choose the style of the whole stadium.

Or simply, think about lower league stadia. For instance, there are Italian Serie C or Serie D stadia with some 500-1000 people stands on one side only. Some have 2 stands, one of which is uncovered. I'd love to see that reflected in-game, and not seeing a small "perfect" stadium.

Eventually, stadium editor can actually bring Football Manager one step closer to realism - what's more, it's a feature that can be developed even from videogames that have 20+ years now!

Il 19/9/2019 in 19:19 , akm.91 ha scritto:

International management that FM refuse to address and refuse to touch. Playing through a tournament and most of your squad is at 50% fitness after a 4 day break.Ā 

Stadium Editor

A realistic match engine - you can not play true possession football in this game. Players refuse to follow certain instructions as the ME is not capable of delivering it.Ā 

I agree on most of these.

International Management is something that could be improved, but I've experienced it way few times.

Il 20/9/2019 in 19:45 , martplfc1 ha scritto:

Come to think of it, has FIFA or PES improved at all since about 2014?

I don't care too much of that - I personally still loveĀ Virtua Striker 2 and 3 - but I expect FM to costantly improve, even when it actually seems that it's not an upgraded DB and some slight UI change as I've seen in the past.

1 hour ago, SpGR said:

Ā 

Almost a month late, but I feel the need to answer toĀ this topic.

Stadium editor could be a major feature, if implemented in a decent way.
I mean, the database is likely to include info about what stadiums look like. Are they Olympic-style or just 4 stands around the pitch? Is it all covered or are there stands without any coverage?

And then, as effects in-game (and I mean apart from the graphic appearance), where will the public be? Will they prefer a cheaper stand even when it rains, or will they sit in the covered VIP-stand? Different prices could be set between different stands.
When renewing or building a new stadium, the management could choose the style of the whole stadium.

Or simply, think about lower league stadia. For instance, there are Italian Serie C or Serie D stadia with some 500-1000 people stands on one side only. Some have 2 stands, one of which is uncovered. I'd love to see that reflected in-game, and not seeing a small "perfect" stadium.

Eventually, stadium editor can actually bring Football Manager one step closer to realism - what's more, it's a feature that can be developed even from videogames that have 20+ years now!

I agree on most of these.

International Management is something that could be improved, but I've experienced it way few times.

I don't care too much of that - I personally still loveĀ Virtua Striker 2 and 3 - but I expect FM to costantly improve, even when it actually seems that it's not an upgraded DB and some slight UI change as I've seen in the past.

Cant believe he thinks the database editor is hardly use by majority of the fan base. ???? Guess he never goes to the editor section of this forum . Its huge

Tweaks, tweaks and more tweaks. That's how progress works. Compare 19 with 10 and you will find that it has improved.

What I'm not liking is an overload of options when negotiating contracts, "fringe player", "impact sub" - how the hell can anyone confidently keep those promises?

3 hours ago, serbian said:

What I'm not liking is an overload of options when negotiating contracts, "fringe player", "impact sub" - how the hell can anyone confidently keep those promises?

I'd say there will be cases where you can't. If part of the pathway is that a player either isn't performing well enough or he hasn't developed well enough, then it's not a promise I would keep. I will explain to the player or squad why though, so hopefully there will be conversation options to reflect that.

vor 12 Minuten schrieb HUNT3R:

I'd say there will be cases where you can't. If part of the pathway is that a player either isn't performing well enough or he hasn't developed well enough, then it's not a promise I would keep. I will explain to the player or squad why though, so hopefully there will be conversation options to reflect that.

That's the crux of the matter. How to deal with deviations from the pathway? If nothing has fundamentally changed in the promise mechanics, I'm a little skeptical. Contrary to other users here I recognize the sense of this tool and, if implemented correctly, it will contribute to immersion. But: It also has the potential to cause a lot of damage and chaos. A tricky thing, so that the pathways with their promises are neither too strict nor too loose.

1 minute ago, leviathan1904 said:

That's the crux of the matter. How to deal with deviations from the pathway? If nothing has fundamentally changed in the promise mechanics, I'm a little skeptical. Contrary to other users here I recognize the sense of this tool and, if implemented correctly, it will contribute to immersion. But: It also has the potential to cause a lot of damage and chaos. A tricky thing, so that the pathways with their promises are neither too strict nor too loose.

Even with the conversation options we have now, it won't be too much of an issue dealing with issues that pop up. It would be nice to have more conversation options specific to this, but let's see how it's implemented first.

vor 1 Minute schrieb HUNT3R:

Even with the conversation options we have now, it won't be too much of an issue dealing with issues that pop up. It would be nice to have more conversation options specific to this, but let's see how it's implemented first.

Of course, we'll have to wait and see. However, according to the screenshots, the pathways are regarded as promises. Until now, playtimes were only contractual agreements. The difference: breaking promises in FM meant that a player sometimes suffered a complete moral collapse for months, refused any interaction and sometimes even had to be sold. Ignoring agreements didn't make things escalate completely. I'm just curious to see how SI approaches this problem.Ā 

6 minutes ago, leviathan1904 said:

Of course, we'll have to wait and see. However, according to the screenshots, the pathways are regarded as promises. Until now, playtimes were only contractual agreements. The difference: breaking promises in FM meant that a player sometimes suffered a complete moral collapse for months, refused any interaction and sometimes even had to be sold. Ignoring agreements didn't make things escalate completely. I'm just curious to see how SI approaches this problem.Ā 

I'm not sure they will be promises quite like you mention. It looks like it's going to be 'player X is expecting to be an squad player this year, as per his contract' so you know giving him fewer appearances than that will result in him coming to talk to you. "I'm supposed to be a squad player, but I haven't been getting enough starts" sort of thing.

On the other hand, if I know this player isn't good enough to be a squad player, I can consider selling him before the complaint regarding playing time.

13 hours ago, SebastianRO said:

Imagine you play a 4-3-3 and after a few seasons you decide to switch to a 4-4-2 diamond narrow or any system that doesn't use wingers. What about your playing time pathway for your wingers ? Imagine that riot ....

I'd say it would be pretty much expected that if you promised your winger playing time, and instead started playing without wingers, he would not be that happy.

29 minuti fa, Matshit ha scritto:

I'd say it would be pretty much expected that if you promised your winger playing time, and instead started playing without wingers, he would not be that happy.

i'd like to know what happens when aĀ team changes the manager. how are the old agreements handled? how are they different than squad statuses and are they related to the club or the manager?

Ā 

The lack of major new features suggests the development team have been occupied with porting to Google Stadia... we're one month away from release and the news on Twitter is so poor.Ā 

Is this really the best we can expect?Ā :(

Any effect to adding "major features" will always change the way in which things play out, conversations, playing time, development and pretty much anything fm involved big or small impacts aswell. I've called it out before that they usually add new features and tweak things and let the next FM improve on it's standards and adding the littlest of things to impact the game to some degree by a big margin (e.g. like the inbox/messages thing, complicated sure but easy for some, easy to manage once you get the hang and keep it "clean" to the way you specify). I've been called out this isn't the case but im inclined to think it still is and they changed direction slightly. Like the jump from 13 to 14 was pretty big, 15 was similar to 14 but changed a bit. Just like 15 to 16 was a big change and 17 was massively improved on 16 and then 18 came out and changed much more. Now I can't speak for 18 as I didnt play it alot but i have played it on my mates so i Might have a point. 19 Was similar style but the whole layout, UI changed and with major overhauls in training and other areas. (Jumping from 17 to 19 was a big hit for me, took me a while to get used to and delegate some stuff but in the end I got to it.)Ā 

SO FAR the new stuff added isn't that huge and my judgement on it would be an "improved" version rather than a big change like i've mentioned ^. I can only call judgement on that from what we've seen and i'd rather be wrong in this case cause personally 19 wasn't the best but still did a job or at least to others that do like it (fair enough) and 20 would need a big improvement especially ME wise IMO. I could be wrong, I could be right, im just offering my thoughts atm and from past experience in the modern days within last 5-7 years.Ā 

I don't think the features are bad, they may look "glamoury" but I think the new additions are useful especially the loan and development area. Showing progress rather than "clicking more" is quite the use and very useful for those that delegate the youth side to other coaches. The loan progress thing is needed imo simply because loans usually don't go well and if they do then it works but having BG knowledge of it helps to where BUT only if the coaches and advice is as useful as what they say. None of that its a good move to find out 90% of the time is a bad idea because they're playing reguluarly but doing poorly. The averages rank around 6.6-7.2 on average on my games so if it helped to be alot more precise and useful then its a great addition in my book. Not going to comment on the several promise things because to me it makes it harder and rather just demote/promote game time within the game rather contractual duties.Ā 

Not sure what to think.

Ā 

The playing time pathway may be handy, but I think it will need to be fairly flexible for the user to adjust on the fly depending on a multilude of factors. For example, new signings perhaps reducing a prospect's potential playing time, or reducing a current player's playing time etc.Ā 

My initial anticipation is that this feature is going to throw up a ton of complaints regarding the potential fallouts in player relationships and the users inability to placate them. I.e. players in game throwing their toys out of the pram. I hope that it has been coded to be somewhat flexible with players showing more of an understanding as the team shifts over time. For example, I hope players are willing to take a knock down in status if the anticipation from the manager is that it will only add one or two seasons to their development cycle. I also hope it doesn't just turn into a drama-fest when the player and manager's aims either do not align or their goals aren't reached. I do think plenty of players can amicably part ways without kicking up a fuss, and I hope that is the majority response when things just don't kick on - for example, a manager expected better development from a player, but it just hasn't happened due to injury or whatever.

Ā 

The club vision is another feature I wonder how extreme it will be handled in terms of reactions to failure/success, and how flexible it will be in the long term for the player. Will things be adjustable on the fly if the situation calls for it? For example, say there's an injury crisis, or a major transfer target fell through for whatever reason. Will the club vision compensate to take that into account? Will it be "We were expecting to compete for the league, however, we recognise a serious first team injury crisis affected results enough that we are happy to reduce our expectations thus so..." as opposed to "Rargh, this is bad, you suck, we are very sad!" etc.

Ā 

Likewise, if a transfer falls through for whatever reason, will the vision recognise say; "We couldn't fulfil our vision of buying brand name talent this season but we recognise that to do so would have aversely affected our financial goal, therefore we are not judging you negatively on this aspect" for example? These are contextual issues that I think the game has struggled to recognise in the past and usually needed two or so iterations before they get ironed out. So those are my initial concerns on the new features.Ā 

Ā 

Tl:dr: I like the features but wonder if they will be balanced appropriately (by my standard... :P) for FM2020.

Ā 

Can't comment on the staff updates as I can't really tell much from it at the moment.Ā 

I am enjoying these little snippets of basic and cosmetic additions to the game. All adds to the flavour of realism.Ā  Miles has also said that they are not covering every change and people will need to come across them as they play - intriguing. Presumably the biggies will come soon. No issues from me, patience is a virtue, especially given that you get either a beta prepaid or wait for the demo and if you get the beta and do not like the game you get a refund: Win Win.

Ā 

:)

Edited by Kazza

26 minutes ago, Kazza said:

Ā Miles has also said that they are not covering every change and people will need to come across them as they play - intriguing. Presumably the biggies will come soon.

I've worked on the software side for years and seen companies I've worked for say exactly the same thing. It typically means some features are unknown if they will make it to release or a later point, so can't mention it yet. It could also mean they're potentiallyĀ so insignificant or hard to explain that they're left out from promotional material and left for others to find out. An example would be adding a checkbox to something... it can be quiteĀ insignificant for most but still considered a "feature".Ā 

Edited by Sevkak

I think it's very fair to assume there are no big features left to be announced. I for one am happy with what's been announced.

I just want to know the release date already,..

I really hope the lack of a release date isn't indicative of a late November release as opposed to the early November releases we've been enjoying of late.

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Sevkak said:

The lack of major new features suggests the development team have been occupied with porting to Google Stadia... we're one month away from release and the news on Twitter is so poor.Ā 

Is this really the best we can expect?Ā :(

This is absolutely 100% not the case at all. Honestly speculation without any substance or facts Ā is covered specifically in the house rules:

This form of criticism not only spreads false information about game development, but poisons the forum experience for all our users, including those employed by SI

So please be respectful when posting. Thanks.Ā 

6 hours ago, MBarbaric said:

i'd like to know what happens when aĀ team changes the manager. how are the old agreements handled? how are they different than squad statuses and are they related to the club or the manager?

Ā 

I assume contractual clausesĀ are beyond managerial changes so ifĀ you moveĀ to aĀ club thatā€™s been run poorly by the AI you will likelyĀ have lots of players demanding unrealistic game time. That being said I feel SI should have revamped this aspect of the game, I often find the conversations to beĀ blank or white and lackingĀ dynamism.

Ā 

But I seriously hope they have worked hard this year toĀ tweakĀ theĀ ME.

11 hours ago, HUNT3R said:

I'm not sure they will be promises quite like you mention. It looks like it's going to be 'player X is expecting to be an squad player this year, as per his contract' so you know giving him fewer appearances than that will result in him coming to talk to you. "I'm supposed to be a squad player, but I haven't been getting enough starts" sort of thing.

On the other hand, if I know this player isn't good enough to be a squad player, I can consider selling him before the complaint regarding playing time.

I hope that there will be some guidance when you hover over the tabs to indicate how many games a star play,Regular Starter, Squad Player, Impact Sub.Ā fringe player, Emergency back up, breakthough prospect, future prospect andĀ Ā youngster etc.... is expected to play in the First Team squad so that you can plan how to utilise the players effectively into the team and intergrate them, which should lead to less complaints from the players and help with the management of the squad

I've been playing FM19 for a while now so I can say this categorically. Too many goals scored from longshots, not enough goals scored by strikers unless you download a tactic that manipulates the ME. Trying to sell players is just a complete lottery. Sometimes yes, most times no.

Boring predictably matches!

Ā 

18 minutos atrƔs, Bothan Spy disse:

I've been playing FM19 for a while now so I can say this categorically. Too many goals scored from longshots, not enough goals scored by strikers unless you download a tactic that manipulates the ME. Trying to sell players is just a complete lottery. Sometimes yes, most times no.

Ā 

A midfielder with an excellent long shot attribute does wonders for you ingame, yes.

22 ore fa, prot651 ha scritto:

Cant believe he thinks the database editor is hardly use by majority of the fan base. ???? Guess he never goes to the editor section of this forum . Its huge

It is widely used - indeed it's not something casuals would use.
A better UI would be hugely appreciated tbh, plus we've heard for several requests all over the years.

Nothing special about new features in this year's version so far but I really hope they haveĀ put some focus on the ME which is the core of the game...Last year's version had serious issues in the ME especially with so many long shots scored which made the game very boring and unplayable for me...So I will be more than happy if they release a polished match engine which I will find out with the release of the demo otherwise It will be the first time since 1997 that I won't buy the gameĀ Ā 

Hi guys!
I play with CM03-04. And I'm waiting for the development of the player will depend on his preferences or the level of coaches or just on the occasion ...
Iā€™m talking about this: rarely, but it happens that a mediocre player suddenly begins to develop in a club or vice versa, someoneā€™s game level falls, although he was a top player.
I would like the playerā€™s potential not to be constant.
I donā€™t even dream about setting up training standards ...
And the last few years Iā€™ve only read about ā€œnew trainers, new conversation options, new menu windowsā€ ... Boring ... Because of this, I play FM17 and donā€™t want to buy something newer ... :(
Maybe I'm wrong about something, write to me.)

Definitely loving that new feature. It's something I use quit a bit on certain saves, and it's always been frustrating that you couldn't define the role. It's these little quality of life changes that make all the difference.Ā 

Ā 

Edited by Dagenham_Dave

Useful feature although I hope within reason, usually they go for overpriced players or some that don't fit the system, the role change really helps with that this time.Ā 

Also @autohoratioĀ how do you embed the tweet onto the forum/threads? tried doing it yesterday on another and it didn't work.Ā 

vor 6 Minuten schrieb Dagenham_Dave:

Definitely loving that new feature. It's something I use quit a bit on certain saves, and it's always been frustrating that you couldn't define the role. It's these little quality of life changes that make all the difference.Ā 

Ā 

You couldĀ already define specific roles for positions when asking your DoF for suggestions, couldn't you?

The deferenceĀ lies in the fact that you have to click less often. In FM19 you got three suggestions for one request and had to repeat it for everyĀ postion you were asking for (very time-consuming). Now you can select multiple position with optional specificationĀ and you will receive the whole suggestion list at once. Correct me, if it isĀ wrong.

18 minutes ago, leviathan1904 said:

You couldĀ already define specific roles for positions when asking your DoF for suggestions, couldn't you?

Ā 

It might be. Thinking about it, I don't think I've used it on FM19 as it's only on certain saves that I use that option at all.Ā 

16 hours ago, Bothan Spy said:

Ā 

I agree with the longshots, way too many goals from that this year, made it unenjoyable and boring for a while. Ā But I donā€™t really agree with the strikers, I donā€™t download tactics never had, always like to make my own around the team Iā€™mĀ managing at the time, andĀ Iā€™ve not really had any issues getting strikers scoring.Ā 

Even on my save at moment inĀ 2 previous seasons at LyonĀ my mainĀ striker hasĀ got 20+ goals in the league, Geubbels in particular scored for fun.Ā Iā€™ve had the odd striker that I canā€™t get to score like Dembele, had him twice and just couldnā€™tĀ get him scoring,Ā but generally not had a problem.

I do think the AI have hadĀ some issues at times getting their strikers to score though.

Ā 

Edited by sedge11

1 hour ago, Double0Seven said:

I dont understand this snarky comment from Miles.Ā 

How is this "arcade"? Surely there are DOFs in real life who have more power than your average DOF and also DOFs who have less power.Ā 

And they wonder why some people are reacting the way they do. Talking about disrespectful forum folks...

Ā 

1 hour ago, Carambau said:

PES is arcade

Yes I get that, but doesnt mean some elements are not realistic like the guy mentioned.Ā 

Ā 

6 minutes ago, theballstopshere said:

And they wonder why some people are reacting the way they do. Talking about disrespectful forum folks...

Ā 

Whats disrespectful about this? I find it more disrespectful that Miles is shooting down this feature about DOFs claiming it isnt realistic and weirdly downshooting PES at the same time. Not every DOF is the same and now you can just completely ignore them. Thats not realistic.Ā 

He can just say they dont want it in the game or anything else...

Edited by Double0Seven

9 minutes ago, Double0Seven said:

Yes I get that, but doesnt mean some elements are not realistic like the guy mentioned.Ā 

Ā 

Whats disrespectful about this? I find it more disrespectful that Miles is shooting down this feature about DOFs claiming it isnt realistic and weirdly downshooting PES at the same time. Not every DOF is the same and now you can just completely ignore them. Thats not realistic.Ā 

He can just say they dont want it in the game or anything else...

I have no idea. They can get rather touchy. I got picked on for using an exclamation mark in a few paragraphs of text in which I gave suggestions on how to improve the game. Nothing aggressive or disrespectful. But nothing about the suggestions was even touched on, but just the constant droning about me being rude.Ā 

Don'tĀ  know what this obsession is with realism or simulation. Yes we want it to mirror the real world but at the same time...do managers REALLY deal with contracts and transfer fees anymore? The more football has become a business the less responsibility a manager has had with these financial aspects.

Ā 

But if we were to completely take it out of the game we'd lose such a massive part of what FM is about.Ā 

Ā 

I do not see what's wrong with adding in a proper DoF 'mode', particularly to clubs where a DoF model is totally apparent irl. It doesn't take away realism from the game, merely adds a challenge. Of course it's easy in FM to take over Man Utd and fix them, making them a force once again. But realistically, any manager is going into that job with little say over transfers and have to do the best with what they've got.Ā 

Ā 

Turn off DoF models if need be in preferences, but I think it's high time this modern aspect of football management was properly implemented.Ā